Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I think SU #83 was a great setup. I can't wait for more Eggman Empire vs Naugus Twins!

"Stop gaining new abilities!"

Eggman voicing the concerns of a good amount of the Sonic fan base.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what makes me wonder about Skypatrol? (game, not ship). Why main villain is a human in small that uses robots, while her minions are: a blue guy, angry tough guy and a flirty girl. Only I see bit subtle similarities?

Her minions weren't given personalities in the games, so the angry and flirty bits are irrelevant to it. 

Carriotia smiles and blows kisses in a game, how you interpret that?

Grizzly is called Bear-anger.  And very few fan arts he has usually depict him on as a buff strong guy.

I know that I'm stretching things a little (Knuckles wasn't even hot head back then) and whole thing is probably coincidence, but I had those thoughts months Eggman Dozen was even announced, I just never had excuse to point them out. And seriously, why make villain a witch, if she uses machines and never magic?

(Okay, she shoot balls at you, but your guess what it is. Does that look like crystal to you?)

6 hours ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

Hey, I made a thing out of the last page of SU #83.

Hide contents

lVYemzg.jpg

It's, like, a phone wallpaper or something.

Dr. Eggman with the symbol of his Empire in his eye, surrounded by his Moffs... So much Egg Imperial glory! 50?cb=20150613173553

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Carriotia smiles and blows kisses in a game, how you interpret that?

Grizzly is called Bear-anger.  And very few fan arts he has usually depict him on as a buff strong guy.

I know that I'm stretching things a little (Knuckles wasn't even hot head back then) and whole thing is probably coincidence, but I had those thoughts months Eggman Dozen was even announced, I just never had excuse to point them out. And seriously, why make villain a witch, if she uses machines and never magic?

(Okay, she shoot balls at you, but your guess what it is. Does that look like crystal to you?)

In Sky Patrol, she was stated to be able to turn things into crystal.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I really wasn't expecting Carrotia to be a silent character like Bark. I have a new OTP now. Someone, please make fan art of those two! Also, unlike Zeena, Carrotia actually knows how to look fabulous, fierce, and intimidating at the same time. Can't wait to see more of her!

Falke Wulf is pretty cool as well. I still wonder why he's even on the cover of STH Issue 284, if we're to assume he's not an Egg Boss. It seems like the 12th Egg Boss will be someone that Eggman recruits at the end of the arc (at least that's what the solicit of SU Issue 86 implies). Almost like how Eggman recruited Regina Ferrum as a Grandmaster at the end of Scrambled (although, he only did it to manipulate her and make Snively suffer back then).

Bearenger is okay for the most part. He has that "chubby belly" thing going on there, but at least he isn't idiotic and hideous like Zomom is!

Squid girl is a cutey.

I'm curious which one of them are gonna try to "betray" Eggman in one of the issues, also curious what countermeasure Eggman has against any of the Eggbosses trying to cut ties with him.

11 hours ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

I'm curious which one of them are gonna try to "betray" Eggman in one of the issues

Most likely the Grand Battle Kukku XV for sure. He doesn't have any cybernetics as far as I can tell.

Although, the REAL question is...who will betray Walter Naugus (reference to cover of STH Issue 284)?

So has Ian given up on Lost Hedgehog Tales? Because the second chapter is 5 months late.

He just recently made a post saying he was dumb for trying to put specific dates to it, that he's still doing it, but it's not priority.

Personally I think he's way overthinking it. People just want an info dump.

• Thumbs Up 1

Indeed! It seems he's working on it like a novel, which is fine I guess, but honestly it would be far simpler to make it a "bullet point thing"; just list all the ideas he had in mind and how they would've gone down. I'm not sure if that's actually a good idea but it would definitely satisfy me

A reappearance of the Mobian band would certainly be nice to see, since they originated from Sonic the Hedgehog's unused sound test.

• Thumbs Up 1

On February 28, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Destructo Bunny said:

I'm actually interested in seeing Max, Mach and Sharps coming back.

I think rather than a famous well loved band, I want to see them rewritten as a bunch of losers who are constantly looking for work but fail at every job since they're idiots so they're pretty much rejected by everyone so then they come with an idea of making a band. It sucks at first but they improve as time goes on.

Redesigns are definitely a must.

(Honestly, the only reason I even give some crap about those three is because I like Sharps design, name and generally the idea of a chicken Sonic character:P)

On February 29, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Destructo Bunny said:

image.png

Yep, pretty fitting looking if you ask me.

This is pretty my interpretation of the scrapped band members if they're were ever to appear in the post-reboot and how I want them to be rewritten.

I changed their shoe colors to avoid looking exactly like Sonic's and I gave Mach and Max more unique body designs to avoid them looking like Sonic clones. ( I also give a Mach a muzzle since he was strangely lacking one).

It'd be very interesting to see these 3 being revamped to the comics like this.:D

Obviously not gonna look like this but a guy can dream. 

I'm just saying.

It'd pretty cool to have the band trio return as this even though it won't happen.:P

I want my chicken Sonic character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those aren't even the last designs those guys had since they were redesigned for some seemingly unused promo art. It's likely why Vector's shoes were blue in Chaotix since they were all redesigned to have a uniform blue shoe and plain glove look.

Oh, and Sharps was made into a Parakeet, not a chicken. Wonder if Ian will keep that in mind. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If only Heavy and Bomb could return as well...

4 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

sonic_the_fighters__by_joeadok-d9xod4d.g

Really cool animated gif created by JoeAdok

If there was ever a "Sonic the Fighters 2" game, this type of quality would be perfect for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Sonic the fighters 2 looks great! On a serious note that is pretty awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally I don't care if that band will be back. Archie fans (or Sonic in general) seems to have fetish for returning obscure forgotten characters, and I'm not immune to that, but Sonic's band have no potential. They can show up in cameo as a band... and that's it. That's all you can fo with them.

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

VERY impressive. Based on something or build from scratch?

50 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Personally I don't care if that band will be back. Archie fans (or Sonic in general) seems to have fetish for returning obscure forgotten characters, and I'm not immune to that, but Sonic's band have no potential. They can show up in cameo as a band... and that's it. That's all you can fo with them.

VERY impressive. Based on something or build from scratch?

Looks like a mod off of Street Fighter V. I could be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2