Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Honestly, I just want those characters that'll never appear in games to appear in some "official" form.

There's currently no hope for Chronicles characters or Nega to appear in the comic beyond a mention. There's no hope at all for Tiara, Gazebo, and "Sister Sonic". But at least give the others a shine. Elise probably won't appear as '06 never happened.

Sonic's Band and the Babylon Rogues have yet to appear in the comics. You could also say that the Deadly Six haven't technically appear in "official" canon, as Unite was erased, so Sonic technically never met the Deadly Six. Maybe when they do the Lost World adaption, they'll bring in Yacker (since he made a minor appearance in the game)!

Then again, I may be just rambling at midnight.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

sonic_the_fighters__by_joeadok-d9xod4d.g

Really cool animated gif created by JoeAdok

Nice! Cassia's looks a little weird to me for some reason, maybe because of the color?

Love how they did Mr. Wolf guy. He looks more like a wolf than Archie's. His pointy nose and chin, head shape to balance that out, cheek fur being part of his cheek, chest fur the same color as his body....pretty much everything is designed better. He does look more looneytoon than Sonic, but I can't help but prefer this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those'd been posted already, he also posted Eggman and Knuckles, and we even got into a discussion on Retro because he didn't draw Amy's bow right.

Reminder...

I wonder if they will make another comic related to Fire and Ice as promotion tho...

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

more designs for the mega drive comic :)

I really need to keep up to date on this stuff, I had no idea a Mega Drive comic was coming out. Love it!

10 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

VERY impressive. Based on something or build from scratch?

10 hours ago, Jason the Jackass said:

Looks like a mod off of Street Fighter V. I could be wrong.

Correct!

A mock vs Screen in the style of Street Fighter V. Just showing off some the models, in this case: Egg-Boss Clove and Focke-wulf (Not meant to be Falke Wulf) from Tail's Skypatrol. I Hope you guys dig it.

Said it the first time, and I'll say it again, I love Boxerhockey's art for the Mega Drive comic. It's like a mix of Sonic CD and his own unique style, especially the emotion panels.

I know Archie seems to be trimming back more than expanding recently, but if this one off sold really well I would hope they might consider more. Another couple one off's covering either the comic's take on some classic game events, or new classic adventures like this one, or perhaps a mini series. The art looks far too nice to be confined to a single event issue >.<;

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Personally I don't care if that band will be back. Archie fans (or Sonic in general) seems to have fetish for returning obscure forgotten characters, and I'm not immune to that, but Sonic's band have no potential. They can show up in cameo as a band... and that's it. That's all you can fo with them.

I don't really agree here. I mean, just because one person doesn't have any ideas for them doesn't mean no one else can think of any.

• Thumbs Up 9

20 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I don't really agree here. I mean, just because one person doesn't have any ideas for them doesn't mean no one else can think of any.

Agreed. Just go to the last page and you'll see my ideas for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably a comment suited for the 25th anniversary topic too, but it's interesting to note that in Ian's recent interview about the Mega Drive comic, when he was asked how it would tie in with the anniversary etc, he said Sega really wants to focus on the design and style of the classic era, hence this comic being written and designed like a "lost" Mega Drive classic game, he also made mention it isn't the last of only thing they have planned for the 25th celebrations.

Guess that could be interpreted as another outlet that has been told to concentrate efforts on using the classic brand. Interesting for Archie doubly since previously Ian made mention that Sega caught them out using classic style art and had them change it. That classic couldn't be used even to show aging etc, which in itself is odd since they do just that themselves in Generations.

Tho the whole separate licence thing is probably more responsible for that. Archie only had licence to use the modern style perhaps. Anyway, interesting tidbit.

• Thumbs Up 1

That interview interested me largely because of him saying that this isn't all they have planned. Maybe this is the precursor to a mini-series or even testing the waters for an ongoing? Not entirely sure what Sega's perameters would be for that (which characters would be usable, can they reference/use anything past 3K), but I'm interested to see where this all leads. That's not even getting into implications about the next game, but that's for another topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

On April 4, 2016 at 3:16 AM, Arranos said:

Sonic's Band and the Babylon Rogues have yet to appear in the comics. You could also say that the Deadly Six haven't technically appear in "official" canon, as Unite was erased, so Sonic technically never met the Deadly Six. Maybe when they do the Lost World adaption, they'll bring in Yacker (since he made a minor appearance in the game)!

Then again, I may be just rambling at midnight.

The Babylon Rouges had their own Universe Arc "Babylon Rising". Although we haven't seen them in the rebooted universe yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

The Babylon Rouges had their own Universe Arc "Babylon Rising". Although we haven't seen them in the rebooted universe yet.

That's what I meant.

Also, Sonic's Band did appear in the old universe, but not in the new universe, either.

I was assuming that people would know I meant the new universe when talking about this. Apparently not.

Looks just like the Japanese art that was being used around the time of Sonic 2. Really on model. 

Sonic running on the water, his legs being missing due to blur...even the minimalistic background detail. It just works so well. God i hope this isnt just a one shot, Tyson needs to be kept on board for a mini series at least.

Quick question, have the Sonic Origins shorts finished now or will they keep appearing as needed?

I know someone said there was going to be an arc with Team Hooligan again coming up, but I would love to know their new origins. Especially since Ian had plans to tell Barks origin before the reset. Would be interesting to know if Bean is still allowed to be connected to the Battle Birds or Rogues too. And where does the new universe Nack hail from, is he from an alternate zone like the game manuals describe or has he been given a proper past elsewhere he's hiding from.

As far as we know, they'll pop up whenever, usually when a new Digest is on the way. And as it happens, there's due to be an announcement of one this month so we should be able to check then. 

Why do they keep letting Eric Esquevel write Off Panel strips? I have yet to see one that ends in an actual joke.

• Thumbs Up 1