Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Who knows, but ending this series with Razor would be a little weird, so I don't think so.

12 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

As far as we know, they'll pop up whenever, usually when a new Digest is on the way. And as it happens, there's due to be an announcement of one this month so we should be able to check then. 

The preview at the back of #16 didn't say anything about a new Origin story.

Always knew that Pickle was the Sonic universe's Indiana Jones.

My, how physical you've gotten their Prof. Pickle. :lol:

Bird in the sidecar looks like Jolt Roadrunner in disguise, the one on the bike it's attached to looks like Porker Lewis in a phase.

Funny co-incidences there.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Oh! I just noticed that's classic Sonic in Tails' flashback!

I was just about to point that out. :P

I wonder it it's a case of Sega finally loosening their leash in terms of portraying him like that, or it's just an oversight and they didn't notice it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Hmmm, the Egg Army led by Axel were marauders who joined the empire, eh? Love all these bits of backstory, and Tails' flashbacks with Sonic. :)

"It Belongs in a Museum" Great Reference to the best Indiana Jones Movie. Also I'd pay to see a Indiana Jones inspired Professor Pickle Universe arc. 

The girl's name is actually "Lucia". Huh. I really didn't see that one coming. Although, I knew she would have something to with the "Gaia Keys". I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

I like what I see for the most part, but the whole bit where Tails expositions to Chip about how great his relationship with Sonic is came off as cringey. Especially with Chip watering his eyes for effect. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Sonic and Tails as a duo, and Ian gives them really good chemistry, but this is something we've already known for awhile. We don't need to be told that, and the waterworks was completely unnecessary.

This is something of a pattern we've been getting with the Gaia Key sub-arc? Where having the heroes merely collects Macguffins is really boring, so Ian spends this time expanding on whatever side-character is paired with Sonic. Thing is, this really doesn't work with Tails because there's nothing to expand (largely because he's not allowed to, but that's a different story.

That said, having two old guys fight is fun. I'm definitely all for it (I also like that Professor Pickle is getting a little more expansion here and there. Maybe we'll see more of his character expanded on? That would be nice).

• Thumbs Up 1

I was more under the impression that Tails's exposition was done to fill in blanks that further reinforce this new continuity. Granted, it was rather clunky the way Ian went about it, but I saw as just another way of filling in backstory connecting everything together.

• Thumbs Up 1

And hopefully the week after this we'll have Sonic Unleashed #84. o-o Even though I haven't heard any announcements just yet.

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

April 27th. It was announced right after #83's release.

Oh yeah. XD Thanks! SNN has that on its page.

14 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

I was more under the impression that Tails's exposition was done to fill in blanks that further reinforce this new continuity. Granted, it was rather clunky the way Ian went about it, but I saw as just another way of filling in backstory connecting everything together.

I took it as a shot in the dark at the idea of Chip replacing Tails's role in the game. By shoving the de-facto Sonic/Tails bromance angle right in front of our faces like that, its kind of a jab to show that despite Sonic holding all his friends (both new and old) in high regard; Tails is always going to have that important history with Sonic.

A common gripe thrown at Chip and his usage in the Unleashed game is that it comes at Tails' expense. Ian's clearly looking to do a better job ducking that in his telling of the story.

10 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I took it as a shot in the dark at the idea of Chip replacing Tails's role in the game. By shoving the de-facto Sonic/Tails bromance angle right in front of our faces like that, its kind of a jab to show that despite Sonic holding all his friends (both new and old) in high regard; Tails is always going to have that important history with Sonic.

A common gripe thrown at Chip and his usage in the Unleashed game is that it comes at Tails' expense. Ian's clearly looking to do a better job ducking that in his telling of the story.

Ya know, that's an interesting way of looking at it and I kinda like that idea. But that comes off as ridiculous for anyone to complain about Chip for in the comics when he's interacting with more than just Sonic, that Sonic is interacting with other characters, and that Tails has had a bigger role here with or without Sonic as opposed to his almost forgettable presence in Unleashed.

Not saying you're wrong, but that anyone trying to throw that complaint here in Archie has lost all sense of reason.

Which is weird. I remember when Chip was with Knuckles people complained that he should be with Sonic like in the games. Personally I like Chip with Knuckles more