Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Sure, but there's some reasonable expectation - Sonic might not have fought Akhlut, but the issue at least had Akhlut and an Ocean :v my point is, I doubt they'd make a cover specifically pointing to the Sonic 2 Hidden Palace (which is an uncommon and specific setting, unlike, say, covers featuring GHZ) and then not have said location in the comic. Now, whether it's a separate location from SK Hidden Palace or if it's all the same place being merged, I've no idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, the entire Knuckles series was a gallery of misleading covers.

God you have no idea how much I wanted to read those comics when I saw the covers in Mega Collection...

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, The KKM said:

Sure, but there's some reasonable expectation - Sonic might not have fought Akhlut, but the issue at least had Akhlut and an Ocean :v my point is, I doubt they'd make a cover specifically pointing to the Sonic 2 Hidden Palace (which is an uncommon and specific setting, unlike, say, covers featuring GHZ) and then not have said location in the comic. Now, whether it's a separate location from SK Hidden Palace or if it's all the same place being merged, I've no idea.

It looks like a generic cave on the cover, nothing about it screams a Zone that never appeared in Sonic 2. Seems like something extremely ridiculous to nitpick about at any rate.

• Thumbs Up 7

I wouldn't read too much into the cover. It's certainly a distinct possibility that it's a literal depiction of where the characters will be in the comic, but I don't think it's a certainty.

If there's one thing I hope they don't do, it's replace the Sonic 3K Hidden Palace's design with the design from Sonic 2, as I don't think the Sonic 2 design is nearly as pretty.

Yeah, but 87 seems to depict Hidden Palace from 2, then 88's solicit mentions a "Hidden Palace Zone." Unless Yardley made a mistake and used the S2 version on 87, it stands to reason that the place mentioned in 88's solicit would be the Sonic 2 version (which, again, would make sense, since Knux would be off Angel Island looking for shards). 

Ah well, we'll find out when the issue comes out (or maybe the next proper round of solicits).

(Sorry if it seems like I keep going on about the whole thing. I'll stop now)

• Thumbs Up 3

*Then comes the day the issue comes out, and it turns out both palaces are just two different parts of Hidden Pace Zone*

...Which would be the most logical thing to do if they include a different Hidden Palace look instead of the S&K one. Though better a location we recognize from a game than a cut zone from an earlier one.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, Stardust said:

Hm. But wasn't there a statement given by Ian Flynn where he said he had ideas for the character? :huh:

If that were the case, he would've most likely showed up in Spark of Life...which he didn't.

However, we have Gemerl now. He's pretty much the "new" Shard. Color-scheme and personality wise.

Edit: We really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, y'know. :D 

On a more serious note, let's just wait until the issue actually comes out first, instead of making assumptions about which version of the Hidden Palace it is.

In regards to what I said about Thrash earlier, if Ian Flynn doesn't know what to do with him, why even bother at all? I'm not saying that he's a bad character, but does he really need to return? What kind of backstory would he have in the Post-Reboot that would make logical sense?

I know, I know. I just would prefer it if this arc doesn't end up having Shadow and Knuckles doing stuff on Angel island again. Not that Total Eclipse was bad or anything. I just like seeing Knuckles venturing beyond Angel Island.

4 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Though better a location we recognize from a game than a cut zone from an earlier one.

To be fair, Wood Zone made it in to the comic, and Hidden Palace was added in the 2013 remake of Sonic 2.

Anyway, intrigued by the arc regardless of which route they take.

(Sorry again, didn't intend to keep going like this:wacko:)

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SilverStarN64 said:

If that were the case, he would've most likely showed up in Spark of Life...which he didn't.

However, we have Gemerl now. He's pretty much the "new" Shard. Color-scheme and personality wise.

Edit: We really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, y'know. :D 

On a more serious note, let's just wait until the issue actually comes out first, instead of making assumptions about which version of the Hidden Palace it is.

In regards to what I said about Thrash earlier, if Ian Flynn doesn't know what to do with him, why even bother at all? I'm not saying that he's a bad character, but does he really need to return? What kind of backstory would he have in the Post-Reboot that would make logical sense?

Just say Knuckles's ancestors did something terrible to his, and now he wants to finish what Chaos started by driving echidnas to extinction. Maybe reclaim something they stole from the Devils of yesteryear?

• Thumbs Up 5

Maybe he could be like a parallel to Knux... The ancient echidnas drove the Tasmanian devils to the brink of extinction, and now today Thrash is the last of his kind like Knuckles. Thrash wants to eliminate Knux so the Tasmanians can have the last laugh, so to speak.

EDIT: Then in the end Thrash realizes the error of his ways and they reconcile and go to the beach or something

Edited by Mister X
  • Thumbs Up 7

Has anyone sat back and realized, that because of the delays (due to a printing problem, from what I understand), that unless Archie catches up with the delays, that this whole arc will officially end towards the end of 2016. Makes me wonder if Archie had this planned out, or not.

What do you guys think?

10 hours ago, Toby said:

It looks like a generic cave on the cover, nothing about it screams a Zone that never appeared in Sonic 2.

Oh come on, man. You're trying to make a good point, covers lie. Why are you using, in order to make it, an example where you're being forced to bullshit to my face in order to make it?

wWgVjE4.png

It's Hidden Palace Zone.

And I agree it's a really silly nitpicky thing to nitpick about, that if a specific location is shown in a cover we can reasonably expect the story to happen there (unless it's a variant or a zone like GHZ which is used as just generic "Sonic location zone"), which is why I don't get why you're trying to argue against it. The example you wanted to make, for your point, was not "That's not Hidden Palace Zone!", it was "covers lie, they probably won't be smashing through a wall in the actual comic!".

• Thumbs Up 7

10 hours ago, Mister X said:

Maybe he could be like a parallel to Knux... The ancient echidnas drove the Tasmanian devils to the brink of extinction, and now today Thrash is the last of his kind like Knuckles. Thrash wants to eliminate Knux so the Tasmanians can have the last laugh, so to speak.

EDIT: Then in the end Thrash realizes the error of his ways and they reconcile and go to the beach or something

Oh my god, off-topic, but I just misread your EDIT by Mister X as you comparing the Mega Man character Mr. X with Nixus. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, zwrozaz said:

Has anyone sat back and realized, that because of the delays (due to a printing problem, from what I understand), that unless Archie catches up with the delays, that this whole arc will officially end towards the end of 2016. Makes me wonder if Archie had this planned out, or not.

What do you guys think?

If the delays hadn't happened, Eggman's Dozen would be over by now. :/

I am a bit curious as to why the latest solicits went back to 284 when we got 285 the last time around.

Aw yis, we have Adam Bryce Thomas and Tracy Yardley! on pencils, and Matt Herms always being the awesome colourer he is.

Spoiler

I guess the artist didn't yet get the memo that Walter Naugus had been redesigned. :unsure:

>half by ABT, half by Yardley!

egh, I cringed. Not because either's awful or anything, but that promises some pretty big backlash from one page to the other. When I saw both credited, was hoping it was Yardley! layouts and ABT finishes, or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda like the Archie Sonic series since the reboot, I like the portrayal of Sonic and I'm actually starting to take an interest in the satAM originated characters too. I think Sonic acts a lot like he did before he had a change in direction as Pontac and Graff came in. Ian really messed up a perfectly good chance to adapt Sonic Unleashed though, I was so hyped considering how much the comic had improved and man I'm disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay Thunderbolt is officially the most adorable minion Eggy's ever had. Last issue I wasn't sure, but this preview alone has made it clear. 

• Thumbs Up 9

2 hours ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

Okay Thunderbolt is officially the most adorable minion Eggy's ever had. Last issue I wasn't sure, but this preview alone has made it clear. 

I'm pretty sure this issue will be dedicated to expanding on all the Egg Bosses, and hopefully the Witchcarters too.

artthing.png

Dat cell phone tentacle tho?

• Thumbs Up 2

Judging by that last panel, it looks like we're finally gonna find out what sort of leash Eggman has these guys on. (It's been confirmed they don't have explosives like in the old reality)

My toes curl with the anticipation of what sort of sadistic torture awaits Tassel Boy.

• Thumbs Up 7

6 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

My toes curl with the anticipation of what sort of sadistic torture awaits Tassel Boy.

Yeah, poor guy. Perhaps he is made to become a full robot with a Roboticizer or something, considering he's on a carrier thing and not tied to it?

Also the fact that Eggman has Egg Soldiers in his Death Egg makes me think these guys are the Dark Legion that allied with Eggman, just changed with the Genesis Wave.