Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

2 hours ago, Arranos said:

My question is this: What are the Six Noble Houses & why are the D'Coolettes considered a "lesser family"?

Do you REALLY need to know? Maybe I'm wrong but to me idea is quite obvious and details would bore most targeted audience.

Six Noble Houses are dynasties that have some vague rights to the Sylvania  throne. But like Hood said, their bloodline is "thin as dishwater"

Acorns are real royalties, but from Mobotropolis, not Sylvania.

D'Coolettes are nobles from Sylvania that might be powerful, but have no rights to the not Sylvania  throne.

I really like how Flynn explained whole situation in two panels. Now one could argue that Hood is actually patriot, not typical "evil snake guy".

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

"facepalm" You couldn't figure that out before? That "joke" was made obvious during the Pre-Reboot when he was first introduced.

Not particularly. Remember that Mordred was still referred to as advisor through Scrambled and Chaotix Quest, while Rob was the one referred to as King all the time because he still was in that position (plus he had a more domineering title, Grandmaster, so that took priority). Here, the throne has been void of a noble line for a century, so that brings focus to where Mordred has gotten to as opposed to where he was.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Not particularly. Remember that Mordred was still referred to as advisor through Scrambled and Chaotix Quest, while Rob was the one referred to as King all the time because he still was in that position (plus he had a more domineering title, Grandmaster, so that took priority). Here, the throne has been void of a noble line for a century, so that brings focus to where Mordred has gotten to as opposed to where he was.

Oh...my bad. I didn't realize that. It's been quite a while since I've read the Pre-Reboot issues. I only have vague memories of what happened back then.

Also, I'm hoping that Bow Sparrow will return in STH Issue 283. I'm curious to see what's up with him and his gang in Avalon. Even if he just makes a small cameo there, I wouldn't even mind it that much.

• Thumbs Up 2

I kind of hope Bow gets saved for after the SWC, personally. Mainly because the cast for Panic in the Sky seems bloated enough as it is.

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

I kind of hope Bow gets saved for after the SWC, personally. Mainly because the cast for Panic in the Sky seems bloated enough as it is.

"Panic in the Sky" doesn't start until STH Issue 284.

I'm talking about Bow returning in STH Issue 283.

Well it seems like Sonic: Mega Drive is still coming out in July. Thank god it wasn't delayed.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SilverStarN64 said:

"Panic in the Sky" doesn't start until STH Issue 284.

I'm talking about Bow returning in STH Issue 283.

Why would he appear in that issue specifically?

I can't believe I sent an pre-order for the Mega Drive comic but hey, it's for a special comic so I guess it's not all for nothing. Even though I could've used that money for something else, like gifting someone a game on Steam. I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot anyways.

You could do that anyway. I still have yet to play Metal Gear Solid V

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Why would he appear in that issue specifically?

It's because I like to make predictions and speculate.

Speaking of Sonic Mega Drive, did anyone else see Ian as well as other staff on Twitter commenting that Sega and Archie both seem to be mulling over the idea for it to be more than a one shot based on sales and orders made.

Could just be to push people to order and nothing will come of it, but if it actually came to fruition it would make me a happy camper.

Speaking of, do any online comic shops have preorders available? Outside Archie that doesn't ship to New Zealand anymore I can't seem to find it listed on Amazon or places like MyComicShop etc.

• Thumbs Up 6

The Sonic X series went from a four issue mini-series to a forty issue run before the first issue even came out because the amount of preorders and hype were amazing. It has nothing to do with just pushing numbers, that's pretty much just how the comic book business works.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh maaaaan, I'd love it if they get to do more Mega Drive comics. I hope they at least get to do a miniseries, or maybe quarterly issues or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehhhh, I don't know if I'd want a Classic-themed Sonic book. The way I see it, it'd just be like the main book with significantly less content. (Much less characters, games to play off of, etc.) As a mini-series, it could work, but we can get enough Classic-Era content with the main book, be it through flashbacks or revisiting old Zones.

Er, I honestly don't care what it is, as long as good writing and decent art, both of which seem to be confirmed, which is great.

Though it would be best as a mini-series, kinda.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not thrilled, but more Sonic (good quality that is) is always a good new for me.

On 4.05.2016 at 9:27 PM, SilverStarN64 said:

Also, I'm hoping that Bow Sparrow will return in STH Issue 283. I'm curious to see what's up with him and his gang in Avalon. Even if he just makes a small cameo there, I wouldn't even mind it that much.

Okay, that's something that makes me wonder: does anybody misses Preboot Freedom Fighters groups?

To me they were pretty boring, big groups of bland characters instead of one solid guy with interesting personality. The only group that weren't waste of space were Sandblasters, because Jack was such a great jerk.

I didn't hated them, but was never thrilled to see them again. "Arctic FF are back? That's nice, Sonic will have someone to talk to."

• Thumbs Up 3

Jack shall be missed. Drago too.

They were the greatest punching bags this comic ever had.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Okay, that's something that makes me wonder: does anybody misses Preboot Freedom Fighters groups?

To me they were pretty boring, big groups of bland characters instead of one solid guy with interesting personality. The only group that weren't waste of space were Sandblasters, because Jack was such a great jerk.

I didn't hated them, but was never thrilled to see them again. "Arctic FF are back? That's nice, Sonic will have someone to talk to."

Agreed, the only ones I miss are the Sand Blasters and the Nerbs

I'm already a bit disappointed that they're even bringing back the concept of multiple FF teams around the world (even if, thus far, it's not as many as the preboot). At least the characters themselves are alright so far.

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

I'm already a bit disappointed that they're even bringing back the concept of multiple FF teams around the world (even if, thus far, it's not as many as the preboot). At least the characters themselves are alright so far.

As of right now in the Post-Reboot, there are a total of five FF teams (Knothole, Avalon, Shamar, the Wolf Pack, and Dulcy's team).

I wouldn't even be surprised if there just so happened to be more unknown Freedom Fighter teams that we have yet to discover...

Whether they stop after Dulcy's group or continue to create even more is a mystery to us all...

The Wolf-Pack will hopefully not be used as a FF team this time around and just as an actual tribe of people.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

As of right now in the Post-Reboot, there are a total of five FF teams (Knothole, Avalon, Shamar, the Wolf Pack, and Dulcy's team).

I wouldn't even be surprised if there just so happened to be more unknown Freedom Fighter teams that we have yet to discover...

Whether they stop after Dulcy's group or continue to create even more is a mystery to us all...

I personally hope they don't do more FFs, since I prefer seeing new characters/groups that aren't just "the _________ Freedom Fighters." Things like Meropis are more interesting to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I personally hope they don't do more FFs, since I prefer seeing new characters/groups that aren't just "the _________ Freedom Fighters." Things like Meropis are more interesting to me.

I can live with that. :)

54 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Agreed. I'd prefer they'd NOT take the KND route of having an entire global organization of teams fighting against the evil tyranny like the old universe did.  

We don't need to see a million of national Freedom Fighters consisting of minor token characters no one cares about.

We can still techinally have "Freedom Fighters" but they need to have their own identity, name, and have their significance to the comics instead of just "Oh hey look! The _____ Freedom Fighters are here to help! "Hi Sonic it's nice to meet ya! Meet my token members: Who cares? They're not important! " "All right! See ya Sonic! Good luck on your mission while we wonder when we'll appear again!" 

You get my point, it's not necessarily a terrible thing to have other Freedom Fighters but I'd rather we get to learn and develop more about the various FF team members so they're not just there for the sake of it. 

To be fair, not ALL FF members of the old continuity were bad or bland.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm all for more teams, less for them all being called Freedom Fighters. They can be that in terms of what they do, sure, but besides that? No thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh the bright side, the other Freedom Fighter teams that have been introduced have been less redundant than the teams in the pre-reboot universe, as the Desert Raiders are tired to the plot in that they are in league with the local Egg Army, the Freedom Fighters in the eastern-themed continent are led by Dulcy, a character we're actually more familiar with only made better, in this case she blends in with the cast whilst still being a giant kick-ass dragon (and judging by how epic she looks in the cover, her backstory might be that she could have shed from her clumsy ways, maybe?), and the Wolf Pack is here for the same reasons.

At least there's not a Freedom Fighter branch frighting ALL the Egg Armies this time, so as the writing has to spread his characters thin from how many he has to work with.

• Thumbs Up 3