Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

31 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

You could theoretically work that as the lead-up to SU#100. There's only six issues to 100 after CotPP, right? Only room for one full arc or something unusual. 

It'll work out the same as the lead-up to 50: they'd need to put at least one standalone issue in there somewhere to balance it out. Assuming they don't intend to break the 4 issues an arc rule or anything.

On 18.08.2016 at 6:02 PM, Fusionwatch said:

I see a bit of Knuckles! What I'm hoping for this comic is that Knuckles at least gets to be a badass this time, don't get me wrong, I liked the humor and gullibleness around him in the first megadrive, (Nice throwbacks to the Sonic's Big Fat Adventure fancomic and that Master Emerald Knuckles comic too!) but it would be cool if he does something awesome and not TOO gullible all the time...

I also read Panic in the Sky part 2-

Reveal hidden contents

Holy smokes some of those faces are downwright emotional

I love what they did to Gemerl, on one hand he's a badass robot, on the other, he's savin the city instead of going after the bad guys!

Poor Chip! :(

THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS ARE GONNA KICK SOME BUTTTTT

Also, EEEEEEE at that Egg Dragoon design!!!!

You got gulliblenes from it? I just got straight up idiot moment from it. People like to say he is still naive and young but for me, from the settings through dialog to a art, everything was more indicating on him just being idiot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got Universe 89 today.

Spoiler

It seems Advance 3 was the first time Eggman used the Genesis Wave in this continuity. It split the world into pocket dimensions, and Wally was caught in one of the rifts between them, causing him to lose his powers.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Mister X said:

Got Universe 89 today.

Reveal hidden contents

It seems Advance 3 was the first time Eggman used the Genesis Wave in this continuity. It split the world into pocket dimensions, and Wally was caught in one of the rifts between them, causing him to lose his powers.

The whole crystal Omega fight doesn't take up the whole issue, does it?  Also, considering it's Advance 3, does Gemerl show up in some flashback?

22 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Hide contents

The whole crystal Omega fight doesn't take up the whole issue, does it?  Also, considering it's Advance 3, does Gemerl show up in some flashback?

Spoiler

The fight is most of it -- he doesn't get restored until page 17. Four of those pages are used to cover Naugus's backstory, from his banishment to the Special Zone to Countdown to Chaos, plus another one is used to show the restoration of the Master Emerald.

No Gemerl, just a reference to the intro to Advance 3.

Edited by Mister X

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Reveal hidden contents

The fight is most of it -- he doesn't get restored until page 17. Four of those pages are used to cover Naugus's backstory, from his banishment to the Special Zone to Countdown to Chaos, plus another one is used to show the restoration of the Master Emerald.

No Gemerl, just a reference to the intro to Advance 3.

Okay, that does actually look like Genesis.  I can see why Ian would pick it as the catalyst for it.  What I struggle in seeing is a fight that long remains entertaining.  I can understand that with it being Omega, a robot designed to combat Shadow and keep him imprisoned, but that many pages for it to be resolved?  Sounds a bit overlong.

Wait, so how does the actual Genesis story arc work into this? Is one of those pocket dimensions that the world was split into the classic "reset" zone from Genesis or something?

5 hours ago, Mister X said:

Got Universe 89 today.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Ha awesome. I had a Theory that the first Wave was Advance 3 awhile back. Sweet.

14 hours ago, blade57331 said:

You got gulliblenes from it? I just got straight up idiot moment from it. People like to say he is still naive and young but for me, from the settings through dialog to a art, everything was more indicating on him just being idiot.

If Knuckles was being an idiot, explain how the more skeptical Shadow of all characters (who is not known for being an idiot) was convinced despite feeling something was up...especially given he relented by that very idiot's counterpoint?

This was gullibility, not idiocy. People need to understand that being tricked or easily convinced is not the same as being an idiot. Idiocy is being stupid and making no effort to realize something when it's obvious as hell, particularly to everyone else - like calling something red when it's actually blue. And there was nothing that obvious that the characters knew better anymore than Knuckles did. Everything about what went on in Shattered part 2 was indicating gulliblity, because Naugus put enough effort to make things convincing enough to trick Knuckles - if Knuckles was actually being stupid, Shadow at the very least wouldn't have been fooled and would have made a bigger note of it.

EDIT: Well never-fuckin-mind. I dun' goofed like knucklehead. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

If Knuckles was being an idiot, explain how the more skeptical Shadow of all characters was convinced when he felt something was up...nevermind that he relented by that very idiot's counterpoint?

This was gullibility, not idiocy. People need to understand that being tricked or easily convinced is not the same as being an idiot. Idiocy is being stupid and making no effort to realize something when it's obvious as hell, particularly to everyone else - like calling something red when it's actually blue. And there was nothing that obvious that the characters knew better anymore than Knuckles did. Everything about what went on in Shattered part 2 was indicating gulliblity, because Naugus put enough effort to make things convincing enough to trick Knuckles - if Knuckles was actually being stupid, Shadow at the very least wouldn't have been fooled and would have made a bigger note of it.

Plus, in Knuckles's defense, this guy was someone he had never met before, and he made a good first impression. More importantly, I interpreted it as Knuckles wanting to believe him instead of outright believing him; if Nixus was a real Echidna, then there may have been more out there, meaning Knuckles wouldn't be the last of his kind anymore. People tend to see what they want to believe; trust me: it's very easy to let one's hopes and desires blind one to reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

And it should also be emphasized that just because the audience sees something coming doesn't always mean that the characters should see it. The characters don't have the same knowledge as the audience does.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got Universe 89 today.

Spoiler

Yea, the Crystal Omega fight takes up most of it as well as Walter's backstory. Its not bad though.

Two things

1.You guys do know the person talking about Knuckles being gullible is refering to Megadrive, right?

2.Does Knuckles have some ability involving spiked balls?

For anyone who's concerned about the length:

Spoiler

It's 12 pages of fight with 5 pages of Naugus in the middle of it.

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Two things

1.You guys do know the person talking about Knuckles being gullible is refering to Megadrive, right?

...well fuck.

My bad then. ^_^;

Now this is confusing. Where does the Genesis story arc fit into the Sonic Advance 3 stuff, if at all? I swear Ian said it was still a thing. Is the "reset" reality meant to be one of the pocket dimensions or something?

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Hide contents

Now this is confusing. Where does the Genesis story arc fit into the Sonic Advance 3 stuff, if at all? I swear Ian said it was still a thing. Is the "reset" reality meant to be one of the pocket dimensions or something?

Sonic Advance 3's plot of Eggman using the power of a Chaos Emerald to split the world into seven pocket dimensions is the first use of a Genesis Wave. 

22 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Two things

22 hours ago, DabigRG said:

If you look closely when he's freaking out you'll see it next to him on the ground. It's just something he picked up.

On 22 sierpnia 2016 at 9:53 PM, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

If Knuckles was being an idiot, explain how the more skeptical Shadow of all characters (who is not known for being an idiot) was convinced despite feeling something was up...especially given he relented by that very idiot's counterpoint?

EDIT: Well never-fuckin-mind. I dun' goofed like knucklehead. lol

Yeah. I ment Mega Drive.

Edit:And off-panel of SU89 too? I guess?

52 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Okay.

One-word posts aren't really contributive to the discussion topic and we'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from posting this, and only this, in response to what someone else said in the future. If you're just agreeing or whatever, you can leave a like if you don't have much else to say or move things along in another direction.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Sonic Advance 3's plot of Eggman using the power of a Chaos Emerald to split the world into seven pocket dimensions is the first use of a Genesis Wave. 

That doesn't answer my question...