Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

They're really just as usable as any other characters regardless of whether they have a character arc going on or not. They're treasure hunters. You could just have them as slightly more moral versions of Nack with possible past Battle Bird connections. (If those weren't scrapped with the reset.)

8 minutes ago, Electro Slacker CC14 said:

They're really just as usable as any other characters regardless of whether they have a character arc going on or not. They're treasure hunters. You could just have them as slightly more moral versions of Nack with possible past Battle Bird connections. (If those weren't scrapped with the reset.)

The BattleLord brought them up in comparison to Abyss, so that's apparently still in place.

43 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

But for who? Everyone is busy doing important stuff. Unless you play into that. Have them fight knuckles and they get easily man handled because that's out of their element whilist he's trying to find the emeralds shards. Or them trying to fight shadow and team dark and get destroyed, and are easily thrown away. Oh I'm into this idea

" Hey fake edgehog we meet again"

" Who are you again?"

" I know who they are shadow.... there was... this race? I lost it...Nope nevermind "

"Memories of Identities not in my registry"

Oh god, I want that. And you could actually have them say dumb stuff like edgehog because their dumb.

" Were going to take that, sonic"

" No you aren't... jayce."

" ITS JET"

Make them the paste pot pete of sonic,

Well, they don't have to actually fight. They are experienced thieves with extreme gears, they'd probably just grab the stuff and fly away. All of them are prideful and arrogant, but they aren't complete idiots that appear only for jokes. They do mock and ridicule their opponents but leave when they need to. And never said they should appear frequently or related to the main plot. Just like Chaotix has an arc looking for a princess (which I dunno how has relevance to the main story), they can have an occasional individual arc or join in briefly in future arcs. 

The major problem may be their "villainous thieves" role is taken by the Hooligans. But the comic has a large cast, and some has their roles overlapping, so that shouldn't be an issue. The Hooligans are thieves but also "bounty hunters" so fighting their target is their main trait; they are also usually hired by Eggman. Meanwhile the Babylon Rogues are free, and pretty much focused on searching/stealing treasure. They can go anywhere and doesn't have to make everything "Sonic vs Eggman". The Rogues also probably have different taste, stealing treasure that Eggman may consider worthless or not much important. 

As for ideas, just some examples:

• chaos emeralds, I know that's the most easiest plot but hey who doesn't want it? 
  • stealing treasure from one of the land/kingdom, provide opportunity for development in new location and character.
  • a three force battle where they steal something important to plot, the heros try to get it back, and Eggman wants it for himself. Optional team-up.
  • looking for certain treasure, find other thieves, fight over it. Similar to above but no one owns it and there is no "good/bad guy" here.
  • May pair up/be hired by Eggman briefly to achieve a goal. Optional conflict with simultaneously hired Hooligans.
  • I don't think they have connection to BBA anymore, but they can still fight because arrogant birds, sky, technology, and giant airship. We also have Speedy.
  • Thumbs Up 5

Considering the Battle Kukku mentioned the Rogues in the Eggman arc, I'd assume there's still some sort of connection there.

• Thumbs Up 6

15 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

What the hell, are the pages in reverse order or something??

They are. In ascending order, too.

EDIT: Before I got an account here, I used to browse through the forums. About seven or so pages ago, VEDJ-F posted an image of what Vincent Lovallo tweeted:

Cm34uXSWAAA1bYf.jpg large.jpeg

And then I realized that "Genesis of a Hero" starts off in #288 after the events of Sonic the Hedgehog and then in #289 it proceeds to Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Now, isn't it strange that this order of adaptations (granted it's a pretty common pattern in general for Sonic) were also shown on the notes paper Mr. Lovallo shared with us? I could be making something out of nothing, but the pattern above (which looks like Sonic 1 - Sonic 2 - Game Gear? (I imagine probably Sonic 2 for the Game Gear, like how VEDJ-F stated earlier) then Knuckles' Chaotix) is definitely making me curious (or it's most likely referring to the Chaotix arc running simultaneously as "Genesis of a Hero", so yeah, I probably am making a big deal out of nothing).

EDIT x2 Electric Boogaloo: I didn't quote VEDJ-F's post because I couldn't find it but I definitely remembered it lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BlueSpeeder said:

They are. In ascending order, too.

EDIT: Before I got an account here, I used to browse through the forums. About seven or so pages ago, VEDJ-F posted an image of what Vincent Lovallo tweeted:

Cm34uXSWAAA1bYf.jpg large.jpeg

And then I realized that "Genesis of a Hero" starts off in #288 after the events of Sonic the Hedgehog and then in #289 it proceeds to Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Now, isn't it strange that this order of adaptations (granted it's a pretty common pattern in general for Sonic) were also shown on the notes paper Mr. Lovallo shared with us? I could be making something out of nothing, but the pattern above (which looks like Sonic 1 - Sonic 2 - Game Gear? (I imagine probably Sonic 2 for the Game Gear, like how VEDJ-F stated earlier) then Knuckles' Chaotix) is definitely making me curious (or it's most likely referring to the Chaotix arc running simultaneously as "Genesis of a Hero", so yeah, I probably am making a big deal out of nothing).

EDIT x2 Electric Boogaloo: I didn't quote VEDJ-F's post because I couldn't find it but I definitely remembered it lol.

I'm having trouble making sense of that image.

Sort of surprised at how long it took for a video like that to cover the lawsuits.  Still, I'm glad it's here.  Should give any fans that remain slightly confused over the case the clear, concise details they've wanted. 

Let's see how much I need to rip it for inaccuracy. 

Edit:

-All his examples of things Penders did that the fans didn't like are illustrated with the changes Ian did. Wut. 

-The Dark Legion banishment place was the Twilight Zone, not the Twilight Cage. Granted that doesn't really affect the comparison but technicalities are technicalities. 

-Archie weren't his bosses by the time they counter-sued Penders, he'd left five years prior. Just insert the word 'former' there. 

-"Consensus on his solo work was that it wasn't very good"? That hasn't even come out yet, that's the consensus on the concept and promo art. 

-He also didn't mention that all previous writers' concepts were dropped, not just Penders. 

...Okay, that's a pretty good summary. Only some little points here and there. 

• Thumbs Up 6

14 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Big's hiding in there:

image.jpeg

Good eyes. I love when artists do this.

Makes me wonder what other cameos we'll in see in Mania and Project 2017

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

Good eyes. I love when artists do this.

Makes me wonder what other cameos we'll in see in Mania and Project 2017

I didn't spot it, Evan already revealed it on Twitter :P

• Thumbs Up 5

I guess this could go in this topic? Ben Bates posted a couple of Sonic-related redesigns on DeviantArt.

Spoiler

chuck_the_hedgehog_by_benbates-dafk5bv.jpg

http://benbates.deviantart.com/art/Chuck-the-Hedgehog-630796027

Spoiler

divine_the_mammoth_mogul_by_benbates-dafk5sb.jpg

http://benbates.deviantart.com/art/Divine-the-Mammoth-Mogul-630796619

EDIT: He did these designs around the time he was redesigning Sally, but, as VEDJ-F pointed out, these were just for fun.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/27/2016 at 0:54 PM, VEDJ-F said:

Let's see how much I need to rip it for inaccuracy. 

-The Dark Legion banishment place was the Twilight Zone, not the Twilight Cage. Granted that doesn't really affect the comparison but technicalities are technicalities. 

-"Consensus on his solo work was that it wasn't very good"? That hasn't even come out yet, that's the consensus on the concept and promo art. 

-He also didn't mention that all previous writers' concepts were dropped, not just Penders. 

...Okay, that's a pretty good summary. Only some little points here and there. 

1. Mr Flynn was retconning it to be one in the same, which is why the Encyclopedia refers to it as such.

2.Same general thing, honestly. The promo art is an indication of the final product, so the point is people aren't liking it as a whole.

3.This was supposed to be about Penders' case, which Archie specifically addressed the most.

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, what the heck?!

What would cause them to do that?

Probably a Fulop v Archie case. 

Buuut for now it's nothing more then a rumor, right? Right.

That's why TSSZ are asking for any help in verifying it and not going "Oh yeah we heard this and it's totes real guys!". 

• Thumbs Up 1