Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

If Sonic absolutely had to have a digest line, you know what I'd much rather have? An "Archie Action Digest" that covers Sonic and Mega Man.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I always find it kind of funny how arguments about Marvel tend to go "They're too Politically Correct" and "They aren't Politically Correct enough".

I'm for Political Correctness BTW (Read Not being a Douche) it's just really funny to me how Marvel is both Woke and not Woke depending on who you talk to.

Pretty much, at the end of the day, at least for me anyway it is all about context and how you view it. I just personally believe that original ideas and books from smaller publishers do a much better job of representing diversity then decades old properties owned by larger corporations.  That's not to say Marvel should give-up on being more diverse, they just need to re-evaluate their approach and their reason for doing so.

I mean, for me it's like this, an original property like say Steven Universe for animation is much more sincere in its portrayal of queer themes because it wasn't made to sell merchandise, the merch came after the show became successful.   As opposed to say something like Ultimate Spider-Man on DisXD which only exists to get kids to buy toys and what not.   It is the same with comics.   Series like Goldie Vance, Lumberjanes, Princeless, etc just come a more sincere & organic place with their representation then Marvel's comic books.  Heck even DC has done a better job with representation of Minority & LBGT individuals in recent years by making characters like Batwoman, and the two new Green Lanterns Simon Baz & Jessica Cruz's stories develop organically over time, the characters don't feel forced or rush, they just are there.

So yea, Marvel may push diversity a lot, but they do it from a fairly insincere stance.  The writer's on the books may genuinely care about what they are doing, but the cooperation does not, and that is what gets me the most.  We know bigger publishers & companies can do diversity justice when they actually care about it more then being a gimmick like more independent works do, but sadly I just don't really see that coming from Marvel atm.

But hey, that's just me.

44 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Hey guys, what's happening in this thr--

giphy.gif

...yeah, I'll just check back when we're talking about Archie Sonic again.

Yea, sorry about that.  It just bothers me that despite Marvel doing nothing but harming and potentially killing the comics industry as a whole people still have the audacity to praise them, when such praise should go to any publisher but.

But getting back on topic, while I am aware the books have been delayed it would still be nice to get a look at interior art of upcoming issues of STH & SU, if not from legit previews maybe just a teaser or two from the various artists that work on the book.  I would love to see a preview of the Freedom Fighters SU arc, even if it was just a single panel!

• Thumbs Up 5

I would love a preview as well, but i think i would become a little (read: A LOT) more impatient to see the full releases.

Spoiler

but one panel out of context i wouldn't mind...

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

I mean, for me it's like this, an original property like say Steven Universe for animation is much more sincere in its portrayal of queer themes because it wasn't made to sell merchandise, the merch came after the show became successful.  

So the sincerity of a thing is based of whether they wanted to franchise their brand before or after? That's silly, marvel is a multi million dollar company everyone they made needs to be in some way appealing so they can sell their brand. That doesn't make them not sincere, that means they are doing their job correctly. 

Why do you think overwatch is so popular, they knew from the jump that they were going to release comic books, cgi shorts, action figures ect, that is worked on by all different types of characters and people, both on a ethnic spectrum and a LGBTQ one. But the people aren't sincere because they want to make money? Companies arent your friends, companies aren't people. There can be good people at those companies but companies aren't people, and the idea that you need to question the sincerity  of their employee's because they desire to make money is a beyond silly. That has nothing to do with that. 

Steven Universe is good

Ms Marvel is also good, 

One just brands itself more. You sound like those people who call bands " sell outs" because they do commercials. Yeah, folks need to eat dude. 

5 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

So yea, Marvel may push diversity a lot, but they do it from a fairly insincere stance.  The writer's on the books may genuinely care about what they are doing, but the cooperation does not, and that is what gets me the most.  We know bigger publishers & companies can do diversity justice when they actually care about it more then being a gimmick like more independent works do, but sadly I just don't really see that coming from Marvel atm.

A corporation isn't a person, its a collection of people. There are plenty of diverse people at marvel who work and push things because they want diversity at marvel, to judge marvel like a person, rather than a collection of individuals like a business is a functional non-understanding of how businesses work and will only result in your own unhappiness. And even still, the company pushes diverse heroes , if they are doing that, and diverse people are liking those things. Who the hell are you even to call that not sincere? All the women who like Captain marvel and Ms Marvel like insincere  super heroes because a large share holder in the company who has no will over any of it might be a dick? That's stupid. There are probably terrible people who work at sega or own stocks at sega, there are probably really cool people who work at sega. The end of the day you judge the people and groups at the companies not the companies as a whole in this instance.  

Your stance, is really silly. Like really really silly.  

@shadowlax:  You are entitled to your opinion just as I am.   But you know what else is silly, being OK with a company that has business practices that  harm & cannibalize the own industry it helped create and use real world issues they as a coporation don't even care about as a gimmick to sell books.   Me I prefer publishers and products that actually do care about diversity, but hey, that's just me.  Have fun fanboying over one of the worst companies in the industey.  But as stated before this is off topic, so best to just drop it already. ;)

@NikoS:  Agreed out of context panel previews can be fun, XD.

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, mbruno said:

So, has Sonic Super Digest gone the way of Sonic Super Special Magazine?  It's been several months since Super Digest 17 came out.

Yep, it's dead. Which is stupid since 17 is such a bad number to end it one, my OCD can't handle odd numbered series.

And it seems like the Magazine is dead too.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Not a one.

Notably, Sonic 292 is still listed as the same date as Sonic 291, which is clearly wrong. 

Not nessecarily.  There is still a chance, no matter how small that STH 291-293 will all be pumped out on the same week.  It would make sense for them to get 292 out before the Freedom Fighters SU arc starts.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

It would make sense for them to get 292 out before the Freedom Fighters SU arc starts.

While i agree that at least #292 should be out before SU #95, i highly doubt they will release 2 issues at the same day, i'm still hoping and wishing for it to happen anyway, but still...

• Thumbs Up 2

I really doubt they'll release three issues in the same week. Wouldn't be shocked if we saw some more delays soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

So it's been over a month now since we all thought the comic was canceled or something and even still Archie has not made a single word about it.

Didn't we just go through this last year? :wacko:

We knew more about the situation last year to be honest. For one, they were willing to say why the comic wasn't coming out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, Shadowlax said:

So the sincerity of a thing is based of whether they wanted to franchise their brand before or after? That's silly, marvel is a multi million dollar company everyone they made needs to be in some way appealing so they can sell their brand. That doesn't make them not sincere, that means they are doing their job correctly. 

Why do you think overwatch is so popular, they knew from the jump that they were going to release comic books, cgi shorts, action figures ect, that is worked on by all different types of characters and people, both on a ethnic spectrum and a LGBTQ one. But the people aren't sincere because they want to make money? Companies arent your friends, companies aren't people. There can be good people at those companies but companies aren't people, and the idea that you need to question the sincerity  of their employee's because they desire to make money is a beyond silly. That has nothing to do with that. 

Steven Universe is good

Ms Marvel is also good, 

One just brands itself more. You sound like those people who call bands " sell outs" because they do commercials. Yeah, folks need to eat dude. 

A corporation isn't a person, its a collection of people. There are plenty of diverse people at marvel who work and push things because they want diversity at marvel, to judge marvel like a person, rather than a collection of individuals like a business is a functional non-understanding of how businesses work and will only result in your own unhappiness. And even still, the company pushes diverse heroes , if they are doing that, and diverse people are liking those things. Who the hell are you even to call that not sincere? All the women who like Captain marvel and Ms Marvel like insincere  super heroes because a large share holder in the company who has no will over any of it might be a dick? That's stupid. There are probably terrible people who work at sega or own stocks at sega, there are probably really cool people who work at sega. The end of the day you judge the people and groups at the companies not the companies as a whole in this instance.  

Your stance, is really silly. Like really really silly.  

You must be pretty new to Marvel Comics...

And the main series of comics has finally gotten pushed back again, StH#291 to April 26th, StH#292 to May 24th.

Note that this now puts StH#291 as releasing after SU#95, which...doesn't work. 

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

And the main series of comics has finally gotten pushed back again, StH#291 to April 26th, StH#292 to May 24th.

Soon everything will be pushed to 2018

• Thumbs Up 1

...... that's it.... i'm done.  Archie Comics is dead to me until they get another sonic book out.  I am dropping all the all-new Archie titles. 

Boom studios is now best comic publisher, unless they start to delay Steven Universe, then I'll just be salty at everyone. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

So if it were to release in April... does that mean there'd have been a 4 month gap since the last issue? Mobius Encyclopedia turns up Dec. 2016 as when Gen. of a Hero #3 was published.

I mean I personally think it's dead, Jim anyway, but hot damn that'd be a hiatus. 

13 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

So if it were to release in April... does that mean there'd have been a 4 month gap since the last issue? Mobius Encyclopedia turns up Dec. 2016 as when Gen. of a Hero #3 was published.

I mean I personally think it's dead, Jim anyway, but hot damn that'd be a hiatus. 

For the main series, yes. For Sonic Universe, no; the last issue of that was January 11th, which was the last time the Archie Twitter even mentioned Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1