Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

While we're discussing dates, it's not directly related, and I'm sure everyone's already aware, but the "Gotta Go Fast: The Official Panel of Sonic the Hedgehog" panel will be streaming live from SXSW via the official Sonic Twitch channel at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern/10pm UK time., following the Sonic PR’s scheduled weekly live stream at 4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern/11pm UK time., following the Sonic PR’s scheduled weekly live stream and will go for about an hour.

I doubt we'll get any comic-related info, but you never know what you'll be able to glean.

Edit: At the very least, I expect it to elicit more speculation in this thread and among the fandom at large.

Edit 2: Updated time.

What I find perplexing is that Black Hood is still running and yet there's no subscription page for it.

More often than a usually yearly basis still. It might not even see a full subscription amount of issues at the rate it comes out. 

5 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

So are Afterlife and CAoS, and they have 'em.

Huh.

The Horror titles have subscription plans? The last time either of them had a release was almost over a year ago already. And neither of them even have a full year's worth of issues under their belts (Afterlife is at 10, I believe, and Sabrina is at 6 after two years).

20 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Huh.

The Horror titles have subscription plans? The last time either of them had a release was almost over a year ago already. And neither of them even have a full year's worth of issues under their belts (Afterlife is at 10, I believe, and Sabrina is at 6 after two years).

CAoS and ALwA's last issues were in September and October respectively.

26 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

More often than a usually yearly basis still. It might not even see a full subscription amount of issues at the rate it comes out. 

Actually, Black Hood's been releasing at a much faster rate, not monthly, but still more often. Season 1 ran for 10 issues from April 2015 to August 2016, and Season 2 began this past December.

Meanwhile Afterlife's longest gap was a full year.

• Thumbs Up 1

My mistake. Honestly thought it was longer, but considering my personal life at the time, I can see why I'd completely forget about them.

Though makes me wonder how exactly they charge for issues if they're almost never delivered due to constant delays. Makes me uncomfortable seeing them take money for books that aren't even printed.

Right, so someone asked about the comic at the SXSW panel, and...we're no closer to finding out what's going on.

Aaron doesn't have an update on it, but he has said if he gets one he'll let people know. 

• Thumbs Up 9

I hope someone stressed to him that this isn't just put a post-it note on the screen type thing, this is costing people!

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately, it's probably a pretty low priority for Aaron, what with juggling both Mania and Forces amongst other things. He's not really on the right rung to be kept that up to date with it. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Still, he does have connections and Sonic Overdrive was a big part of the 25th anniversary media push at one point, at least inquiring about Overdrive will shed some light.

I'm pretty sure Aaron is at least on friendly terms with Tyson Hesse. He does love memes and Tyson produces some pretty nice memes. But if Hesse himaself hasn''t talked about it I doubt Aaron will. 

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

I'm pretty sure Aaron is at least on friendly terms with Tyson Hesse. He does love memes and Tyson produces some pretty nice memes. But if Hesse himaself hasn''t talked about it I doubt Aaron will. 

Heese mentioned he knows what's happening on Twitter but won't tell what.

The only info he dropped was that Archie didn't forget to renew the licence.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I know about that. But he hasn't said anything ever since and honestly i'm not sure if his answer was a positive or a negative that the comic was okay. 

3 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

i'm not sure if his answer was a positive or a negative that the comic was okay. 

^ It was just a dodge. Nothing more, nothing less.

He slapped down a silly conspiracy theory and then quickly swallowed his tongue because like everyone else involved in this entire situation, whatever is going down, he is clearly not at leeway to talk about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if it's an old news, but I've just received information that StH 05: Champions trade was cancelled...

That's just getting better and better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It was definitely in question because of the Amazon listing, but not outright confirmed. 

Where they'd get that info?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

It was definitely in question because of the Amazon listing, but not outright confirmed. 

Where they'd get that info?

If you're asking me then I've received that information from my local comic shop - their US retailer cancelled all orders for this one.

I still have pending orders for Overdrive, Worlds Unite 03, StH up until #293 and SU up to #93

Okay, odd they cancelled that so far in advance while the others keep rolling over, but I dunno what Archie are thinking at this point. 

Still, not a good sign. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Still, not a good sign. 

Someone should hit them with something heavy, and tell them to make up their minds. I'm really happy that someone asked about this during Q&A at SXSW.

I'm tired of waiting. It's going on for too long - they should either ditch this franchise or keep going - now.

8 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

^ It was just a dodge. Nothing more, nothing less.

He slapped down a silly conspiracy theory and then quickly swallowed his tongue because like everyone else involved in this entire situation, whatever is going down, he is clearly not at leeway to talk about it.

It's the equivalent of saying "No Comment."

The situation seems like its still fluid and neither side, SEGA or Archie, has commented on this for a reason. There are likely higher-ups at both companies working on it while people like Aaron are only being told information when they can share it, which leaves us all in the dark.

• Thumbs Up 3