Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So... Is Archie just taking the piss, and trying to make the Sonic fanbase angry with them at this point?

No, it's just that Dan Parent is much more well known than either Ian or Aleah.  It just makes more sense to push promotion of the guy people know and associate with Archie in general (particularly for creating Kevin Keller) over people who work mainly on Archie's licensed books.

• Thumbs Up 2

They can spare 18 more letters to let people know.

'Dan Parent, Ian Flynn, and Aleah Baker are at #TorontoComiCon this weekend! Stop by and say "hi!"' even fits a tweet with 43 characters to spare.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/17/2017 at 11:01 PM, KingScoopaKoopa said:

They can spare 18 more letters to let people know.

'Dan Parent, Ian Flynn, and Aleah Baker are at #TorontoComiCon this weekend! Stop by and say "hi!"' even fits a tweet with 43 characters to spare.

I agree with you.

On a side note, Ian's the only person of the three I know.

Just now, Evercross said:

I agree with you.

On a side note, Ian's the only person of the three I know.

Aleah is a character designer and occasional writer and colourist.

And Ian's wife.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

You can also thank Aleah Baker for the existence of underwater Meropians and the Egg Bosses Cassia and Clove's (and Abyss') concepts.

I put "character designer" for a reason you know ;)

• Thumbs Up 4

On 3/17/2017 at 5:23 PM, VEDJ-F said:

*Ian and Aleah, two freelancers for Archie, are at Toronto Comic Con*

*Archie are only promoting Dan Parent being there*

Well that's just rude. 

or maybe Dan Parent asked Archie to promote his appearance and Ian didn't. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Timestamps:

• Thumbs Up 3

Didn't say it was a conspiracy, just said it was rude on Archie's part. Which I honestly still maintain. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Ha---screw it we've been through this too may times this week just have the damn news. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

So that's her way of saying "Please don't get me in trouble with this, I am in no position to do that kind of stuff". We probably shouldn't bother the staff tbh guys. If they could say anything, they would. If they don't is because they either don't know themselves or can't because legal/contract stuff or something.

• Thumbs Up 7

^Yeah, and I think the wordchoices the one asking from Mr. Yardley about the matter made are a bit too... keen. In a way, as he says Mr. Yardley's "going to talk to" Mr. Lovallo he implies they're having a discussion (as far as I get what's happening), when in reality it's possibly more or less Mr. Yardley telling Mr. Lovallo in passing that some (read: too many to contact you) fans are worried over the situation. At least that's the picture I got from the message-transferring above in that Twitter post.

And I still think it's nice of Mr. Yardley to go and tell about the matter to Mr. Lovallo since that creates a feeling something's happening. The void of nothingness we're practically living in right now is the thing most "killing" me at the moment. Even when something as trivial as this is happening it makes me feel that at least some progress in gathering knowledge over this situation is actually happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

Listen I follow Evan Stanley on Tumblr and Flynn on twitter and neither has said anything and they're two of the most involved artists working in the comic at the moment. We're not gonna get anything from the staff because they are not in a position to do that. And you can't exactly ask the executives at Archie what's happening either. Really all we ca do is sit out the hiatus until April, since a comic is supposed to come out at some point in April.

Except all signs point to it not coming out in April, hence the worry. I mean, people do have to hold on in regards to the creative staff because they're either under orders for silence or just don't know, but it's not that they're being so impatient they can't wait for a two week space. 

• Thumbs Up 6

At this point as sad as it is in assuming the comics cancelled and there trying to see best way to end it

I wonder if the staff is still working on the book despite the hiatus.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Except all signs point to it not coming out in April, hence the worry. I mean, people do have to hold on in regards to the creative staff because they're either under orders for silence or just don't know, but it's not that they're being so impatient they can't wait for a two week space. 

Agreed, this seems to me more and more becoming a longer pause than the one in last year.

I don't think that as long as nobody's harassing them, asking about status updates from those most likely involved in one way or another isn't the worst thing to be done. Of course, if there'd be thousands of questions a day made in a harassing tone, that'd be another story. At the moment I'm just happy people aren't going any crazier over this matter.

By the way, all these fearmongering podcast-kind of discussion "programs" on Youtube and such are becoming less and less appealing to me, to be honest. Everybody's pretty much feasting on this matter of missing comics. I don't really think it's worth it, unless something new comes up, it just makes, at least for me, the situation to feel uneasier.

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

At this point as sad as it is in assuming the comics cancelled and there trying to see best way to end it

I'd like to think at this point no news is good news. When news come it can be thought about again. I wonder if Archie feels the same way, hence no news... Let's try and keep as positive as possible so that we won't die young or something else unhealthy due to all stress and such burdens to our health caused by chronic bad feelings. ^_^

And by this I'm by no means trying to force anybody into plastic smiles, that's no good, but at least I'll try to keep being as positive as possible. As far as I know it's still not cancelled, so it isn't to far-fetched to think there's still some hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

@PC the Hedgehog I assume the hiatus has all work on hold. There's only so much front-loading you can do when releases are at a standstill, and Archie isn't going to be ordering new scripts from Ian or asking the artists to draw, ink, or color new pages when the work they already have done is still yet to be released.

Edit: Especially when their focus, at least publicly, seems to be elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's strange that Previewsworld is still saying that STH 293 is being released on the 22nd... which is tomorrow. 

It may be that for its individual listing, but it's definitely not lined up in the new releases, only the Archie Jumbo Digest is. 

• Thumbs Up 2

^I suppose they haven't received any later date thus they won't change it. That'd be the most likely answer I suppose, since I doubt they'll actively go around asking publishers once in a week about release dates.