Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

:/

Pretty much a case of "left hand doesn't know what right is doing" at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

It was most likely a rough estimate, if anything. "The end of April" could also just as easily mean "the beginning of May".

That hopfulness is admirable

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh jeez, so it's no info after all. Meh, I'm starting to grow more and more uneasy about this. The meter just got broken few weeks back so I can't tell the exact value though. :lol:

Well, the only good thing is that I manage to save a bit, it's not like I'd have too much money so well, maybe I should just be happy about that fact and try to remain positive about the fate of the comics. ^_^

About that Madonna/Topaz thing; if/since Sonic X material is unable for use it's only natural they try to find someone other to fill in if that's the case. It could be not the (intended) case after all, only insiders would know for sure. Considering Madonna's looks on the concept art for game(s) it's just natural she has some "curves", or is it? Could it be considered as a homage paying? Women and their curves in fiction (in general) are growing into some soup I'd keep my spoon from far away distance enough. :blink:

On 4/30/2017 at 4:43 PM, RLS Legacy said:

So.

It's now the end of April, and unless I'm missing something we're still completely in the dark as to the fate of the comics.

Was Archie saying we'd know by now just PR speak, or have their plans changed?

The whole idea that we were getting anything in the first place was just third- or fourth-hand information from someone who likes to badger Archie reps for information they don't have.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:34 PM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Non Sequitor Fun Fact: Remember Skies of Arcadia, that sega game Ian Flynn loves so much and appeared in Worlds Unite?

I recently checked it. It's story: a bunch of teens with different personalities (but ultimately goody-gooders) owns a giant airship.

Bad guys are the evil empire with sub-generals, each having a similar army, but unique quirks and motivations to serve the evil empire.

Heroes fly from one exotic kingdom to the other, collecting magic stones to stop awakening evil monsters.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Whole "Shattered World" arc was giant SoA homage.

That's a really interesting angle on things, though the similarities are quite a bit general. I'd say it's a fun coincidence or at most maybe Ian drew some inspiration from Skies of Arcadia.

21 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Thats a shame.

Battle is actually the single most lure heavy game in the history of the franchise. You can extract quite a bit from digging through all the Gerald data logs.

Aren't you forgetting Sonic Chronicles? Or does Sonic Battle have even more lore? Either way, I guess I should check it out. Too bad it's a fighting game, though.

19 hours ago, JC_Mike said:

I for one won't be holding my breath for any info unless I see a change in how the lawsuit is going, which is just a sitting duck right now. I think the judge is looking through the motions and will make a decision soon, judging by how nothing has been going on ever since Archie was denied to file a reply against whatever Fulop was saying.

And here we go with the ducks again. We apparently cannot escape them. :P Seriously, though, I guess I'm kind of holding out on the legal case too.

11 hours ago, BlueSky said:

@Conquering Storm's ServantOh, so it seems the most likely power sources for Omega - deduction-wise - would be Chaos Drive or some kind of an engine. Sounds legit enough for me, since yeah, GUN could've changed the wiring/something so that they could get rid of the bird and put in a Drive instead ih the bird/another small animal powering would be the case. If there'd be an engine though I suppose they wouldn't need to do that, so well.

Post-Super-Genesis-Wave Omega is powered by Tommy Turtle.

11 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Well gee, thanks a lot. ^_^ Omega becoming like Mega Man is kind of the feeling one could get from that Chaos Drive theory at least, though it would be quite interesting seeing Omega starting to doubt his violent way of action. :lol:@Conquering Storm's Servant

This probably seems crazy, crazy, a Chaos Drive theory.

9 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

While I would like to see Topaz again, that will never happen. She's from Sonic X, and SEGA doesn't want to use the X characters in any other media. A shame, I liked her and her relationship with Rouge.

The friendly bickering was kind of fun. And now a part of me also wants a much better-handled, less-obtrusive Thorndyke family in the comic.

• Thumbs Up 3

So my friend got an email form Archie and.....

he reason no issues have been received is because there has been a delay on all Sonic titles. We are currently working on the situation and do apologize for this. Once we receive information we will notify all customers.

Boy this is....bad. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, so they actually came through with it.

I see Donnie in the topic so I can see that spreading on Twitter soon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So my friend got an email form Archie and.....

Boy this is....bad. 

Uh, I don't think so? 

If anything, it's been better than what we've heard in the past. "Delays on titles and we're currently resolving it" is better than "The titles are possibly cancelled, all subscribers will receive information soon". 

• Thumbs Up 6

12 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh, so they actually came through with it.

I see Donnie in the topic so I can see that spreading on Twitter soon. 

Yes.

Right after I posted an article about the Archie rep's remarks from today too...

RIP me

3 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Yes.

Right after I posted an article about the Archie rep's remarks from today too...

RIP me

And I tweeted you that minutes before you posted the article :/

To be fair, it usually takes more than that to write an article, so I guess you got in a bit too late. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

And I tweeted you that minutes before you posted the article :/

Because I was...working on the article. lol

• Thumbs Up 7

Well I mean, yes we already know that there is a situation, but this is actually from the horses mouth. And them saying that there has been a delay kind of brings up another theory that I had. That all of the costs from the lawsuit and possibly Riverdale might of cased a halt in production of the sonic comics (and from what I recall there were several issues with other comics getting delayed, but no as long as sonic has). There probably trying to recoup revenue so they can get back to production.

The only problem is, the lawsuit still is going on, and Archie probably has been paying a lot of money to their lawyers for there time. But, like I said in my earlier post, there hasn't been a move from either side since mid April. Which likely suggests that they are both waiting, thus not needing to spend time with their lawyers, for the judge to make a decision.

However, I'm not an expert on this, I'm just tying to do my best to follow what's going on from an analytical standpoint.

Long time fan here. I used to subsrcribe back in the 90s and early 2000's. Lately I've been tempted to recollect all of the comics. Where can I subscribe these days? Is there an option on Archies Website?

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Uh...you might want to wait on subscribing. 

Explain? I just got back into reading...its been a while haha

Well, they're not doing subscriptions right now. They're not even releasing Sonic comics right now, hence the Archie frustration lately. 

There is currently no way to subscribe to Sonic because of some behind the scenes stuff that's put an indefinite delay on the comics. We're all still waiting for an answer, and based on what's been posted... we'll be waiting a while.

Just now, Zaysho said:

There is currently no way to subscribe to Sonic because of some behind the scenes stuff that's put an indefinite delay on the comics. We're all still waiting for an answer, and based on what's been posted... we'll be waiting a while.

Wow. I had no clue. Is there anywhere I can read up on what happened? Or does anyone know?

• Thumbs Up 1

All we know is that there's something going on behind the scenes that's preventing Archie from releasing new issues or even publically acknowledging its existence.

The last issue we got was Sonic Universe #94 back at the beginning of January.

• Thumbs Up 6

So is it confirmed that subscribers got the email? Like did anyone that had an active subscription get the same thing Dejimon11's friend got to confirm that it is the update?

7 hours ago, Borvoc said:

Aren't you forgetting Sonic Chronicles? Or does Sonic Battle have even more lore? Either way, I guess I should check it out. Too bad it's a fighting game, though.

This is as far as I'll derail this topic with the talk of other stuff, but 90% of the lure and plot of Chronicles is pulled right out of Sonic Battle. The guys over at Bioware based quite a bit of their game off of battle, simply because it was such a rich environment. Chronicles has a lot going for it in terms of how much lure it has, but it owes almost all of that to battle. It was clear that the writers sat down and used that game as their baseline

that and you have to give chronicles a massive * for the simple reason that it is safely outside of canon. Sega didn't even make that one. 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

that and you have to give chronicles a massive * for the simple reason that it is safely outside of canon. Sega didn't even make that one. 

Not to mention, legally, they can't use the content anymore.

im still 50/50 that the comic is cancelled. It wouldn't surprise me if they never formally announced it too. And i'm tired of the waiting game.