Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Ok people which do/did you prefer:

Sonic X or Sonic Universe?

Sonic X

It was basically the anime, but a tad bit better. Plus the fact that it included El Gran Gordo makes the comic series absolutely worth it

Though at the same time, Sonic Universe does have its perks here and there, so I wouldn't really consider it as terrible

I like Sonic Universe better. I never liked Sonic X. I thought the anime was a piece of shit. And the comics weren't much better. Plus I hated how silly they made Robotnik.

But with Sonic Universe we get more stories that explore the Archie Sonic universe. I'm really enjoying the latest Scourge story arc in Sonic Universe.

All in all I've just gotten more enjoyment out of Sonic Universe then I ever did Sonic X.

The fact that it still takes place in the Archie universe is exactly why I find SU so underwhelming. This could have been the chance for Ian to show us what he could do with Sonic without any of the baggage that Archie/Satam brings. I know the current Genesis arc is kinda doing that, but that's really only a temporary thing.

The fact that it still takes place in the Archie universe is exactly why I find SU so underwhelming. This could have been the chance for Ian to show us what he could do with Sonic without any of the baggage that Archie/Satam brings. I know the current Genesis arc is kinda doing that, but that's really only a temporary thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Universe was meant to focus on things that not necessarily involve Sonic... it's meant to give us a look at things happening aside from the events happening in the main comic.

Aside from that, seeing as how many Archie/SatAM characters there are already, it seems pretty impossible to me to have SU focus on SEGA-characters solely, without showing any of the other characters... maybe one arc, but not SU in its whole...

And I like SU more, btw...

Sonic Universe was meant to focus on things that not necessarily involve Sonic... it's meant to give us a look at things happening aside from the events happening in the main comic.

Aside from that, seeing as how many Archie/SatAM characters there are already, it seems pretty impossible to me to have SU focus on SEGA-characters solely, without showing any of the other characters... maybe one arc, but not SU in its whole...

And I like SU more, btw...

If you could rate each arc of Universe what would you give it?

Shadow Arc: 8

30 Years Later: 8 (I'm alone in this D:)

Echoes of the past: 6.5

Journey to the East: 7.5

Treasure Team Tango: 7

Tails Adventure: 8

Silver Arc: 9

If you could rate each arc of Universe what would you give it?

Shadow Arc: 8

30 Years Later: 8 (I'm alone in this D:)

Echoes of the past: 6.5

Journey to the East: 7.5

Treasure Team Tango: 7

Tails Adventure: 8

Silver Arc: 9

Shadow Arc: 9 out of 10. Great Arc with Omega making it close to Golden.

30 Years Later: 6 out of 10. I missed the last issue but did enjoy Silver.

Echoes of the past: 7 out of 10. What can I say? Finitevus.

Journey to the East: 5 out of 10. I didn't like the Dragon Kingdom Arc and didn't want to see it in Universe.

Tails Adventure: 6 out of 10. Really cool that they dug up this story all thats wrong is that I missed the second issue.

Treasure Team Tango: 7 out of 10. I really enjoyed all the characters. the thing that is wrong is that I missed the first issue.

Silver Arc: I'd give it a 8 out of 10. Silver was awesome!

with the way Scourge is going, it may give me a good old fashioned 10.

Repeating? No one's repeating their posts...

Yes, in the previous page. Might have something to do with the new forum layout, but that's my guess.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Ooh, ratings? I like ratings, gives me something to kill time with.

The Shadow Saga: Honestly, this arc didn't interest me much. I never got invested in what the characters were up to, to the point that I only remember the exploits of SU#1 and SU#4, the rest is a blur. It didn't help that it was a tie-in issue with SX#40, which in itself was a tie-in with StH#196. 6/10.

Mobius: 30 Years Later: Disappointing. Silver was touted as being a major character of the arc despite being used so minimally, Tikhaos was a batshit insane idea, Sonia and Manik seemed a little overpowered and screw Lara-Su. Shadow's parts were good though, and it was better than Mobius: The Soap Opera. 5.5/10.

AND WHERE WAS MY SALMA? SHE ONLY GOT A MENTION. :<

Knuckles: The Return: It was...decent. Again, I can't remember much of it. What I do remember was that Julie-Su was near enough useless (as seems to be a trend recently), Mighty went with the two Echidnas to confront Finitevus in a decent showdown, we got SUPER RAY, and Bill got all that stuff about him being pressured into being a Grandmaster by the greed of the Platypi and stuff only for it to turn out to be an excuse to get Vector's backstory in somewhere. As much as I liked it, it did seem like it appeared from hammerspace like Amy's hammers. 7/10.

Journey to the East: This one, I remember better...but really mostly because it was all resolved so quickly. I don't the arc wanted to actually focus on the Iron Dominion so much as use the breather from New Mobotropolis as an excuse to look at other stories. It's telling that the least interesting issue was SU#14 (with the Yagyu clan, the ones without a single notable character to their name) while the others had at least something to them. SU#13 had expansion on Uma's role in the Acorn fiasco. SU#15 was a Destructix fest, what with the 'catfight' and the fight of the cat. SU#16 creepily echoes SU#12 in the exposition department, before the mama just kind of lets it all go and decides to be a cool mom and not a ninjutsu Bride. Meh, who am I to complain? 8/10.

Although Li Moon being made a fox will still bug me to my dying days...

The Tails Adventure: Probably my personal favourite saga of the lot. It had characters get spotlight that usually don't! It had an amusing villain cast! It had action that kept you engaged throughout the entire arc! The one let-down for me is the portrayal of Speedy, and that's more because of personal interpretation; Speedy in Tails Adventure seemed like a dignified opponent, whereas Archie Speedy seems like Jet 3.0. 9/10.

Treasure Team Tango: This arc, to me, was...blandish. Sure, it had action and humourous shenanigans, but in the end I didn't feel that it really led to anything for any of the characters involved. Can't really say much more than that. 6.5/10.

The Silver Saga: SCREW. LARA-SU.

*ahem* Well, I guess you can see my biggest grievance with this arc. At least M:30YL could justify Lara-Su getting a leg-up over Silver due to the fact the story was supposed to focus on the future peeps with Silver there for the ride. But this arc was supposed to be his, and he's mostly reduced to having fight scenes with Enerjak while a version of Lara-Su that won't be remembered by that many readers got all the development and finishing shots. But hey, the prelates were cool, even if Enerjak's choice to just use Chaotix prelates when he had everyone wrapped around his finger was...odd. 6/10.

...I'm done!

Sure, I'll bite.

Shadow Arc: 9 -Unlike the other arcs before it, this one wasn't as serialized but I thought alot of the subjects with dealing with Shadow as a character was great.

30 Years Later: 8 -While the subject matter isn't something I was looking forward too, the story was handled really well. The resolution of the whole thing was pretty boring though, but the first three issues were great.

Echoes of the Past: 5 -Didn't like this one. It felt like Ian didn't know what to do with Finitivus as his motive was extremely weak. The Chaotix are capable of carrying their own arc, so I'm not sure what exactly went wrong here. It also took its sweet time to get going.

Journey to the East: 7.5 -Can't think of anything offensive with this one; feels like a run of mill issues overall, but it had a lot of great character and world building in the Dragon Kingdom, which was something the Iron Dominion Arc in the main comic was trying to do but didn't do it well.

Treasure Team Tango: 6.5 -Kinda boring, and the the plot pretty much took a back seat in favor of the characters. But the characters did interact greatly with each others, especially issue 3, but I wish it could of done something a little more.

The Tails Adventure: 8 -It took a while to get going, but it was an enjoyable story with great interpretations of the Battle Bird Armada.

Silver Arc: 4 -It was just a giant, boring, long, drawn-out fight scene, which was pretty disappointing to me as the first issue was fantastic. Much like Treasure Team Tango, but it unfortunately didn't have the fantastic character interactions or insane Bean to carry it.

At the rate that it's going, I'm honestly thinking that the Scourge arc just might be the best one so far.

Will the characters who already got an Arc, get a sequel to it? I hope so, I want more Shadow!

If not, which characters should get their own arcs.

Will the characters who already got an Arc, get a sequel to it? I hope so, I want more Shadow!

If not, which characters should get their own arcs.

anyone who hasn't received one really, people like Rotor, or hell to mix things up a villain arc would be awesome particularly one with Eggman, Ixis Naugus or Mammoth Mogul now that would be awesome.

Ian did say that Eggman will have his day in SU

U

Ian did say that Eggman will have his day in SU

U

Sure, I'll bite.

Shadow Arc: 9 -Unlike the other arcs before it, this one wasn't as serialized but I thought alot of the subjects with dealing with Shadow as a character was great.

30 Years Later: 8 -While the subject matter isn't something I was looking forward too, the story was handled really well. The resolution of the whole thing was pretty boring though, but the first three issues were great.

Echoes of the Past: 5 -Didn't like this one. It felt like Ian didn't know what to do with Finitivus as his motive was extremely weak. The Chaotix are capable of carrying their own arc, so I'm not sure what exactly went wrong here. It also took its sweet time to get going.

Journey to the East: 7.5 -Can't think of anything offensive with this one; feels like a run of mill issues overall, but it had a lot of great character and world building in the Dragon Kingdom, which was something the Iron Dominion Arc in the main comic was trying to do but didn't do it well.

Treasure Team Tango: 6.5 -Kinda boring, and the the plot pretty much took a back seat in favor of the characters. But the characters did interact greatly with each others, especially issue 3, but I wish it could of done something a little more.

The Tails Adventure: 8 -It took a while to get going, but it was an enjoyable story with great interpretations of the Battle Bird Armada.

Silver Arc: 4 -It was just a giant, boring, long, drawn-out fight scene, which was pretty disappointing to me as the first issue was fantastic. Much like Treasure Team Tango, but it unfortunately didn't have the fantastic character interactions or insane Bean to carry it.

At the rate that it's going, I'm honestly thinking that the Scourge arc just might be the best one so far.

The Shadow Arc was cool. Loved Omega's comedic sociopath ways. Really solidified Shadow's place in the comic. 9/10

30 years later: Fuck this arc. Wish it will die. I am not a fan of future segments. 2/10

Knuckles: Didn't know who Finn-whatever was so it was surreal seeing Knuckles deeply hating someone. I did like that the Downunda situation was being highlighted and Knuckles was acting like more of the adventurer than Sonic claims while being stationary on an island that floats. 7/10/

Journey of the East: This seems like it was meant to allude to more villains and alliances in other places. Sure, it helped resolve the Iron Queen situation, but I am sure this isn't the end of Lightning Lynx and her involvement in the series. So it was really nothing but the groundwork for characters. Plagued by Sally's romance tumor triangle. 7/10

Treasure Team Tango: This doesn't do anything for anybody, but Fang, Bean, and Bark. Amy's leadership quality will be ignored and never will be brought up again. Shadow will continue to do his thing with Team Dark under Rouge's cooperation as long as the mission is noble. The Babylon Rouges will be the treasure hunters/grave robbers that they always have. Blaze will continue to sporadically appear in the universe. However, it did allude to Nega being up to something so I am sure we will get something huge out of him. Bean's awesomeness and Omega's crush on the Blaze was humorous. If you want to see a lot of game characters who would normally never interact again, this arc will do it for you. Other than that, it was fan wank. 6.5/10

Tails Arc: Finally an issue where Tails isn't fixer guy and actually doing something great. Has his own arch-enemy and rival. The little fox has shown some development for once. Go Tails. 10/10

Silver Arc: I honestly tried to care for what was going on. I honestly did. I can't give this a proper rating because I really don't know what happened and couldn't bring myself to care.

The Scourge Arc: Looking really good.

Edited by turbojet

The Shadow Saga: 8/10 Had some really good stuff, like Gamma and Omega, Marine and that face.

30 Years Later: 6.5/10 It was... ok. Nothing really special, besides seeing the whole cast older and and awesome Tails design.

Knuckles: The Return: 7.5/10. Can't remember much. It's nice to have Knuckles and the Chaotix have a story. And SUPER RAY!

Journey to the East: 7/10 It was pretty good and Espio was important in it. It wasn't as fun as other, though.

The Tails Adventure: 9.5/10 My favorite so far. It was just really fun with Tails and Antoine.

Treasure Team Tango: 8/10 I Liked it a lot, had a lot of comedy and featured quite a few characters.

The Silver Saga: 7/10 It was pretty cool. Had the best coloring in the series.The final battle between Silver and Enerjak was nicely done, I think.

okay since everyones rating arcs...

Shadow: 5/10 (there really was no point to it...)

30 years later: 4/10 (the ending was unsettling)

Knuckles: 7/10 cool

Journey to the east: 6.5/10 decent

Tails: 7/10 ok

Treasure: 6/10 meh

Silver: 7/10 pretty good

The scourge one is looking all right so far

Anyway, I just finished 227. I must say the art has improved over the last issue but the story still seems to be going nowhere imo. It's getting better tho.

okay since everyones rating arcs...

Shadow: 5/10 (there really was no point to it...)

30 years later: 4/10 (the ending was unsettling)

Knuckles: 7/10 cool

Journey to the east: 6.5/10 decent

Tails: 7/10 ok

Treasure: 6/10 meh

Silver: 7/10 pretty good

The scourge one is looking all right so far

Anyway, I just finished 227. I must say the art has improved over the last issue but the story still seems to be going nowhere imo. It's getting better tho.

Shadow: This arc was a great start to Sonic Universe. And Ian does a great job writting Shadow, Rouge, and Omega. Sega should hire Ian to write the stories to Sonic games. I give the Shadow saga a 9/10.

30 Years Later: I also like this arc. It had alot of cute moments like Lara-Su babysitting Sonic and Sally's kids. Plus it bought King Shadow back. Tikhaos was a cool idea. But the end of the story felt rush. 7/10.

Knuckles: This arc was great. It was nice to see a story that focused on Knuckles and the Chaotix. Plus the battle between Knuckles and Dr Finitivus was epic. 9/10.

Journey to the east: It was nice to see a story that finally focused on the Dragon Kingdom. Plus we finally learned more about the clans, plus Fiona appeared in this story arc as well. 8/10.

Tails Adventure: I like that Tails got his own story. But it felt like the Battle Bird Armada got too much attention. 7/10.

Treasure Team Tango: I really didn't care for this story arc. And I felt that Rouge was written out of character here. 5/10

Silver Saga: I don't really like Silver, but Ian was able to make him somewhat likeable. I like how we finally get to see the original Lara-Su again. Sadly most of the interesting story information about this arc is only on the Archie Sonic blogs. The art was also very good. 8/10.

Edited by Darkfox
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just read #227, and are you sure that the whole Genesis plot isn't just in Sonic mind ? Because he saw in #225, Sally's dead (or well, almost dead) ?

I think that because, the four freedom fighters shares all the same thoughts. The fact that they can't believe that Antoine's dead because it doesn't feel right.

Don't you think that the whole Genesis plot is to put on Sonic's mind that during all the Archie Storyline, he just was lucky that no one he knows died (well who cares about Tommy and the Horse Knight).

Or maybe I just think crap. Because if I'm right, what will affect the comics blah blah until #250 ? And if the red button, Eggman pushed on #225, don't reboot the world, what will it does?

Erf too much information, Does not compute >.<,

I can't wait for #230 T_T

Edited by CiNozzo

I just read #227, and are you sure that the whole Genesis plot isn't just in Sonic mind ? Because he saw in #225, Sally's dead (or well, almost dead) ?

I think that because, the four freedom fighters shares all the same thoughts. The fact that they can't believe that Antoine's dead because it doesn't feel right.

Don't you think that the whole Genesis plot is to put on Sonic's mind that during all the Archie Storyline, he just was lucky that no one he knows died (well who cares about Tommy and the Horse Knight).

Or maybe I just think crap. Because if I'm right, what will affect the comics blah blah until #250 ? And if the red button, Eggman pushed on #225, don't reboot the world, what will it does?

Erf too much information, Does not compute >.<,

I can't wait for #230 T_T

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is this new established origin.

The basis of this comic is SATM so wouldn't that mean Sonic always knew the princess and the crew, and he wouldn't need to be reacquainted with them since they are essentially his childhood friends except they are not now. And this combining the game with the cartoon/comic needs to stop if you haven't even introduced Tails yet. I

• Thumbs Up 1

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is this new established origin.

The basis of this comic is SATM so wouldn't that mean Sonic always knew the princess and the crew, and he wouldn't need to be reacquainted with them since they are essentially his childhood friends except they are not now. And this combining the game with the cartoon/comic needs to stop if you haven't even introduced Tails yet. I

The cover itself is already a cock tease.