Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Why is everybody rating Sonic Universe in order of how much they liked it?

sth230.600.jpg

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1

We got bored waiting for the next comic so decided to discuss something.

Edited by Dr Spudhead

Wait that stupid Neg repping system has been disabled as part of this crappy board design change? Yes!

Ok then I'd just like to take the opportunity to extend a big tongue out to all the Sally haters out there!

Truly, you are a man with class.

And did you even bother to check up on why everyone was rating their favorite SU arcs? It's not exactly that hard.

That being said, good to see the Babylon Rogues making their proper comic debut, even though I'm not a fan of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Truly, you are a man with class.

And did you even bother to check up on why everyone was rating their favorite SU arcs? It's not exactly that hard.

That being said, good to see the Babylon Rogues making their proper comic debut, even though I'm not a fan of them.

Yep that's me, class and awesome.

It was rhetorical. I know everybody started comparing SU and SonicX comics and no big surprise there that SonicX lost out and the discussion (if you could call it that) became some ratings thread. I meant why is everyone rating SU arcs, this isn't a "rate the arc" topic, and I thought those types of posts were banned anyway.

Not that asking a simple question was wrong or anything. You do know not everybody has the time to go trudging through pages of excruciating ratings just to find out why it started.

You don't like the Rogues? Did you even bother to have taste?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just cause neg rep is abolished doesn't excuse you acting like a douche.

And don't flamebait. Remarks like the last one we can easily do without.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude, no need to be so brash. I just said that I don't like the Rogues is all (specifically Jet).

Edited by Rynnec

Edited by goku262002

@MasterBoard

Already said but dude seriously? Just beacuse someone dosent like what you like you pull the "you have no taste" card? How pretentious.

Anyway just read SU 30, and im amused to see that when Hawk tells his story everything was drawn in the Sonic Riders art style. And I can only imagine how messed up Flying Frog's story will be, and how sad Lightning Lynx's story will be.

Edited by Soniman032-

Hey, somebody takes a jab at me saying I have no class I'll take a jab back. (Nice use of your Staff immunity too. Jabbing at someone who can't jab back) I....have no idea what flamebait means, but using this opportunity to not get a tonne of neg reps just for mentioning I like Sally, as seems to be the norm here.

@MasterBoard

Already said but dude seriously? Just beacuse someone dosent like what you like you pull the "you have no taste" card? How pretentious.

Actually I wasn't pulling the "have no taste" card I was pulling the "taste of your own medicine mocking sarcasm card." Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I don't care if he/she doesn't like the Rougues even though they're rad.

Talking about them seems as though they're getting a bit of love lately. Seems the full main cast of Sonic Riders will be getting Jazwares 3.75 inch figures:

http://www.toywiz.co...hepltoanda.html

Hey, somebody takes a jab at me saying I have no class I'll take a jab back. (Nice use of your Staff immunity too. Jabbing at someone who can't jab back) I....have no idea what flamebait means, but using this opportunity to not get a tonne of neg reps just for mentioning I like Sally, as seems to be the norm here.

Actually I wasn't pulling the "have no taste" card I was pulling the "taste of your own medicine mocking sarcasm card." Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I don't care if he/she doesn't like the Rougues even though they're rad.

"He did it so I can do it too" is not a good justification for anything and arguably makes you worse off. You can express your opinions without sounding like a nonconstructive condescending douche, and if you have a problem with me personally, take it into a PM instead of bitching about my "Staff immunity" in public and cluttering up this topic.

Now get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now get back on topic.

Sure thing boss.

Treasure Team tango was my favourite SU arc I rate it +1000 Llamas because it has Bean in it.

Tails arc was less cool because it had Cocoa Island and I prefer hot chocolate, so only 1/2 a cactus thorn in the arse rating.

Journey to the East had ninjas but not Whiskers and Johnny and everybody knows Pirates are cooler than ninjas so only 5 luxury hybrid cars out of two for that arc.

Now that the SU #31 preview pages are finally up, it's summary time!

1.The issue begins with Scourge recapping the events of the previous issues and then cuts to Jeffrey St. Croix beating up Al and Cal.

2.Scourge tackles Jeffrey to stop him.

3."Hey, Jeff! You get tired of picking on guys your own size?"

4."Don't press your luck, "snot." Just because the Destructix claimed you as their new punching bag doesn't mean you're untouchable!"

5.Scourge calls Jeffrey a chump and asks if Al and Cal are okay. They say that they're fine and ask if all of their kindness has finally gotten through to Scourge.

6."Nah. It's not like I NEEDED an excuse to stomp this guy..."

7.Scourge and Jeffrey continue to clash, Scourge gaining the upperhand, but Fiona arrives and jump kicks Scourge.

8."Just because you're OURS doesn't mean you get to fight your superiors, "snot.""

9.Jeffrey thanks Fiona for the assist and tells her to keep him in line. Fiona gladly grants his wish and prepares to pound Scourge.

10.Fiona and Scourge whisper a conversation before the massacre.

11."Sorry, babe, but I've got to keep up appearances."

12."Hey, I can take it."

13.Fiona knees Scourge in the gut and forces him to the ground.

14.Scourge tells Fiona to not get TOO into the act, but Fiona tells him not to give away their charade just yet or they'll never get out of Zone Jail. She tells him to say "uncle" and forces Scourge's arm behind his back, causing him immense pain.

15."OW! UNCLE! UNCLE, YOU CRAZY LOON!"

16.Scourge gets up and walks away.

17."First you ditch me at Freedom HQ, and now this. Are you TRYING to tick me off?"

18."I couldn't do anything for you then, babe. What matters is that I'm here now and keeping you on track! I mean, would I have come this far and do all this if I didn't love--"

19."Save it, Fi. I've got half a gang now and half still to recruit."

20.Scourge enters a new room where a perpendicular Zone version of Rouge is hosting a therapy session for the inmates. Present are Lightning Lynx, Mecha Tails, a buff alternate universe Amy, a creature made of flames, and alternate versions of Knuckles and Ray. Warden Zobotnik is overseeing the session.

21.Scourge asks if they have room for one more and "Zouge" is more than happy to allow him to join in. "Zouge" tries to get the inmates to open up and share their problems and Scourge suggests that Lightning should go first. Lightning decides to take Scourge's suggestion and shares his origin.

22.He tells of how he was the best of the Raiju clan, unmatched in skill, speed, and strength. There was only one person he truly respected, Conquering Storm. However, he didn't simply respect her, he LOVED her, but she would only accept someone of great strength by her side. To prove his strength and feelings, he challenged her, but lost and was exiled from the clan. He was later found by Mammoth Mogul and served him until he abandoned the Destructix. However, after the Iron Queen took command of the Raiju clan, he was invited back as a foreign liaison, restoring his honor and clan status. He served Conquering Storm happily and was glad to be at her side, but after Sonic defeated him, his honor was stolen again.

23."I've just been so angry all this time. I had all this skill, but she didn't think I was worthy, and so..."

24.Scourge cuts him off.

25."Dude, you're totally RIGHT to be angry! I mean, I'M angry FOR you! You were their best and they just kicked you out! And what did you do wrong? Nothin'!"

26."Zouge" tells Scourge that encouragement is good, but they need to be more constructive.

27.Scourge ignores her and continues his spiel.

28."I mean, how ungrateful can that lady get, right? She breaks your heart, kicks you out, calls you back, kicks you out again--and for what? Because you were totally devoted to her?"

29."Exactly my point!"

30."You got played!"

31."Yeah!"

32."Everyone turned their backs on you!"

33."Yeah!"

34."You deserve revenge!"

35."YEAH!"

36.Scourge turns to the rest of the session inmates.

37."YOU ALL DESERVE REVENGE!"

38."YEAH!"

39."Zouge" tries to get everyone to calm down, but it's no use. The inmates go ballistic and run rampant around the room.

40.Scourge and Lightning meet up.

41."If I get you out, will you help me?"

42."Dude, she'll be one more name on my list."

43.The two fistbump and Scourge leaves, the inmates in the room still going nuts.

44."Zouge" tells Zobotnik that Scourge undid months and progress and tells him to get them back to their cells.

45.Cut to Scourge's bunk where he's having a good laugh at his reverse therapy session.

46."HA HA HA! That was PRICELESS! I need to talk about my feelings more often. It gets more people hurt that way!"

47.Scourge hears a creepy laugh from outside of his cell and looks to find Flying Frog staring at him.

48."Uh...hey, Flying. Didn't...didn't see you there. Um...'Sup?"

49."Hee hee hee...hee-hee-meeeeeeeeeee?"

50.FF enters the cell.

51."You've been talking to the others-brothers-smothers. But not to me-hee-hee!"

52."You were next on my list!"

53."Really? You haven't been avoiding me-hee-hee?"

54."Nah, man! Remember when we were all working for Doc Finitevus? I do! Good times, man, good times! I mean, we green bros gotta stick together, right?"

55.The two fistbump.

56."Oh, yes! It's not easy being green! But I wonder-sunder-plunder if you REALLY want me around? You see...I've done...THINGS."

57."Yeah, well, no one here is an angel..."

58.FF jumps at him.

59."NO! What's the matter, Scourge-Dirge-Purge?! Don't you want to play?! I've seen you play with Sonic! I've heard how you played with Moebius! I WANT TO PLAY TOO!"

60.FF tells his origin in a rather twisted-looking flashback. He was a court jester from the kingdom of Mercia who went insane and started hunting people. After they locked him up, he escaped and met up with Mammoth Mogul sometime later.

61.After FF starts losing it while he tells his flashback, Scourge snaps him out of it.

62."KNOCK IT OFF!! I'm running the Destructix now, so YOU follow ME!"

63."Oh, okay. Sounds like fun!"

64.FF leaves Scourge's cell.

65."Eesh! The guy makes Rosy look cuddly!"

66.Later that night, Fiona is stretching in her cell when Abby tells her to keep it down while she's sleeping. Fiona tells her that she'll want to stay up for this.

67."What the--?! You're bustin' out?!"

68."That's the plan. Keep your mouth shut and maybe you can slip out in the meantime."

69.Flying Frog and Lightning Lynx arrive at Fiona's cell with the key card needed to unlock it.

70."You've got some nerve, kid. But how did your boys...?"

71."One's a ninja and the other's a freak."

72.Lightning chimes in.

73."I hid the guards we took out. Be careful--the hallways don't have the corrected gravity like the yard or the cells do."

74.The three set off to accomplish their scheme.

75.There's a cameo of Robolactus and Silver Snively in one of the cells next to Fiona.

76.Fiona goes through the steps of their operation.

77."Phase one--I step out with Flying and Lightning and sneak out to the control room. Phase two--we take control of the control room."

78.The three do just that, ambushing the control room operated by two Zone Cops and Znively.

79."Phase three--we unlock all the cells and normalize the gravity to create some pandemonium..."

80.The unlock the cells, causing various inmates, including Abby to escape and run amok.

81."Phase four--we only turn off the collars of our gang so we can take out anyone in our way."

82.They unlock their collars and Sgt. Simian and Predator Hawk escape, barreling through Zone Cops and meeting up with each other.

83.Back in Scourge's cell, Smalls notices the bars unlocking.

84."Huh...?"

85.Scourge shines a snide grin and whispers the last phase to himself.

86."And phase five..."

87."Hey, snot! The door's open! If you carry me, maybe I'll help you get outta here! Whaddya say?"

88."I say..."

89.Scourge spins into the top bunk, slamming Smalls into the cieling.

90.Scourge makes his way toward the open door and disposes of his collar, now sporting a freshly shredded Prison uniform.

91."...I help myself to a heapin' helping of of payback! All hail the king, baby!"

92.The issue ends.

93.There's also a very funny Off-Panel strip featuring Zone Cops trying to bring in Feist.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 2

sth231.600.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #231

"Lost in the Moment": The world is safe - but at a terrible cost. As Sonic tries to rally the Freedom Fighters, Dr. Eggman unleashes his Titan Metal Sonic on the city! Can our heroes salvage the fight, or is there just too much chaos to handle? Then, in "Haunted," the effects of "Genesis" bring back some old problems for Ixis Naugus. ?

Script: Ian Flynn

Art: Ben Bates, Evan Stanley, Terry Austin

Cover by Ben Bates

Shipping Date: 11/16/11

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 11/30/11

On Sale on Newsstands: 12/6/11

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US

su34.600.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #34

"Babylon" Part Two: The Babylon Rogues have found the way to revive the long-lost city of Babylon Garden! The only thing standing in their way is the entire Battle Bird Armada. Feathers fly as the feuding factions finally throw down for the first time! Rogues vs. Armada! Jet vs. Speedy! The Battle Lord in action! You cannot miss this intense installment!?

Script: Tracy Yardley!

Art: Tracy Yardley!

Cover by Tracy Yardley! and Matt Herms

Shipping Date: 11/9/11

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 11/23/11

On Sale on Newsstands: 11/29/11

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US

2r5uh37.jpg

SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE #1

Sonic the Hedgehog's 20th Anniversary celebration kicks into high gear this fall with the all-new SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE! Get your need-for-speed on with non-stop action and tons of heroes and villains from the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG games and cartoons! This magazine-sized, quarterly collection takes new readers on a journey into GENESIS, a bombastic birthday bash with Shadow the Hedgehog, and the incredible assault on Eggman's Empire! Sonic super-fans will also be treated with part one of the SONIC TIME LINE, featuring new art from fan-favorite artist Jamal Peppers, as well as tons of bonus features!

Script: Ian Flynn.

Art: Patrick Spaziante, Tracy Yardley!, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, Jim Amash, John Workman, Jason Jensen and Matt Herms

Enhanced Cover by Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante

Shipping Date: October 12th, 2011

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: October 26th, 2011

On Sale on Newsstands: November 1st, 2011

128-page, full color magazine

$9.99 US

ss4.600.jpg

SONIC SELECT VOL. 4: ZONE WARS

This fourth volume of the popular Sonic Select series collects for the first time the alternate-reality madness of the Zone Wars saga from the Sonic the Hedgehog Super Special comic books plus the entire island adventure from the Sonic Blast Special.

Sonic's in for more than a world of trouble as he tackles the biggest baddies the multiverse has to offer. It's a case of mistaken identity as the devious Dr. Eggman and Dimitri swap the minds of Sonic and Knuckles... a "Crisis of Infinite Sonics!"

Script: Dan Slott,

Art: Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante

978-1-8797-9482-5

$11.95/$12.95CAN

6 x 9"

Trade Paperback

128 pp

Direct Market On-sale: 11/23/2011

ASKFFSKJLDDSKFJLFDSKJSKFJLDDKFJLS

TITAN METAL SONIC! ARMADA VS. ROGUES! SONIC SUPER SPECIALS ARE RETURNING! WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN LKKALSLDSKF

Edited by Immortheus

HOLY CRAP, Titan Metal Sonic looks epic! Maybe he's a fusion of Metal and the new Silver Sonic?

Also looking forward to see the Rogues clash with the Armada.

The Super Special Magazine sounds interesting, but it looks like it's just going to be a bunch of reprinted stories, so I'll have to see more before I decide if I want it or not.

Yeah, I didn't realize the new Super Special was looking to just be a reprint collection before I looked more closely at the description. I was hoping for new stories. D=

Isn't that what Sonic Selects is supposed to be though? Reprinting the specials while the archives reprints the main series?

Sorry I didn't see the Super Special Magazine. I thought you guys were talking about Selects. IGNORE ME

Edited by Ichigo Storm

It looks more like SSS are reprinting some of the more recent plot-heavy issues into one book.

If i'm right it's issues number 160-161, 174-177, and 226-229.

It's great for people who are missing those specifically, but I'm much more interested in the new material that's in there.

"sigh" another thing to collect now. Archie should just take my wallet altogether. Anyway, its a good collecters item I'll give it that. But the cover is a reused Sonic pose (from the Sonic 205 I think, the one where insane Eggman escapes).

"sigh" another thing to collect now. Archie should just take my wallet altogether. Anyway, its a good collecters item I'll give it that. But the cover is a reused Sonic pose (from the Sonic 205 I think, the one where insane Eggman escapes).

Sonic Universe #34 seems to be shaping up nicely. Rogues vs. Armada. Sounds like another free-for-all brawl (and a good one at that). Wonder who will win?

I'll call you guys to something on Titan Metal Sonic there- it has eyelashes. And the muzzle is really not like Sonic's. Plus look at the back of the head- no spines, more like hair.

Current theory is, since Badniks were reintroduced by Genesis, Sally is being used as a power battery for a Sonic badnik.

I'll call you guys to something on Titan Metal Sonic there- it has eyelashes. And the muzzle is really not like Sonic's. Plus look at the back of the head- no spines, more like hair.

Current theory is, since Badniks were reintroduced by Genesis, Sally is being used as a power battery for a Sonic badnik.

So then, with the description of 231......Does that mean that.....

Sally's dead for good?

And that with Titan Metal Sonic. Does Eggman have something planned?

Sally gone for good? I know I'm not a big Sally fan but that breaks my heart. ;_;

Oh well, at least it creates a good dramatic effect. :D

Sally gone for good? I know I'm not a big Sally fan but that breaks my heart. ;_;

Oh well, at least it creates a good dramatic effect. :D