Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Now as for what' we know, Ian has something MAJOR planned for Sally, fallen by death or fallen to the dark side, it all depends on what he does.

Now if Ian chooses to have Sally go evil, then hopefully it will be for few issues, but as upsetting as that might be to some fans, it wouldn't be the first time a good girl character has gone bad in any other media.

For example , the very popluar anime "SAILOR MOON , had Chibi Moon turn evil for so many episodes, before she was changed back, and what's more, they went full out on it. Another example is the mid 90's USA Network cartoon of STREET FIGHTER , where at the end of the first epsiode, they had Cammy turn evil, thanks to Bision's control on her, and that lasted till almost the end of the 1st season.

More examples inclued, Power Rangers in Space with Andros sister, not once, but twice. Inhumaniods with Earth Corps member Sandra , not once but twice, thanks to the villian, Decompose, heck even Jasmine for one episode of Aladdin turned evil thanks to Abis Mal. So again it wouldn't first time this would happen to a good girl character, and is it the first time fans would be upset about it? No, because of some of the shows I mentioned, there was no doubt upset fans as well there.

Now if Ian goes the "Jean Grey/Phoniex" route with Sally, that would explain somewhat of what Paul said, when he mentioned that Sally had a "Jean Grey" syndrome to her and what her story won't be over at all, dead or alive.

Also I been having this feeling that ever since Ian put some elements of Other-M in the Silver story arc, that it was just the beginning of other elements of his webcomic being inserted into the main comic and the SU spinoff in the future. And that what he's got planned for Sally and whoever else, will have some of those elements invloved somehow in one way or another.

I feel also, that with the archisonic.wikia.com showing the list of issues going up to 250, that not does Ian have something MAJOR planned for that, but that MAY mean that will be his last issue of the comic. But who knows, right?

So I thought I would bring this up and see if perhaps it could help shed some light on what's going to be occurring in the comic in the 3-4 months as we speak.

So give comments down below and I did do a 8:52 video on this, that I will be posted on YouTube will soon, so please look for that too.

Who is Harvey Who!

Lol, Ian is bringing back an ancient character from back in the funny comic days.

A guy who was part of a four-panel gag or something. LOL

We have a somewhat more detailed description for StH #232, the description for SU #35, and the preview for Sonic Archives #17!

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #232

"Dark Tidings": In the fallout of the Death Egg II's assault, Sonic and Knuckles compare notes. Sally has fallen, Ixis Naugus is king, and more! Answers to old question and new surprises abound in an issue primed for new and old fans alike! Then, in "From the Shadows," a defiant Elias seeks out his last hope. Who is Harvey Who? And what does he have planned?

Script: Ian Flynn

Art: Ben Bates, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, John Workman and Matt Herms

Cover by Ben Bates

Shipping Date: 12/14/2011

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 12/28/2011

On Sale on Newsstands: 1/3/2012

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

Some of you may remember when I called out Tails on the Sonic Kids cover as being absolutely horrific in design. I thought we'd seen the last of it. It decided it wanted revenge.

ss5x.jpg

OH GOD.

So Ian is attempting to make a one-shot gag into an actual credible character. Ian, you never fail to surprise me. In a good way, of course.

I wonder where the Archives are going to find the room to print "Sonic Spin City." At the very least that settles the idea that we won't be seeing it in Sonic Select now.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #232

"Dark Tidings": In the fallout of the Death Egg II's assault, Sonic and Knuckles compare notes. Sally has fallen, Ixis Naugus is king, and more! Answers to old question and new surprises abound in an issue primed for new and old fans alike! Then, in "From the Shadows," a defiant Elias seeks out his last hope. Who is Harvey Who? And what does he have planned?

Script: Ian Flynn

Art: Ben Bates, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, John Workman and Matt Herms

Cover by Ben Bates

Shipping Date: 12/14/2011

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 12/28/2011

On Sale on Newsstands: 1/3/2012

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

So all birds are in the Armada, correct? And any that aren't are deserters...am I right about that?

So if Harvey Who is an Owl. He's a deserter? Wow how can ever single bird be in the Armada? Though I guess that kind of simplifies things.

Edited by Dejablue

So all birds are in the Armada, correct? And any that aren't are deserters...am I right about that?

Edited by VEDJ-F

Ok, one thing I don't understand, is you change the description, which has "A Fallen Sally" in it, to "Sally has fallen", and yet you keep the cover with the "?" on the bottom right corner around, instead of changing it to help match the description. That just doesn't add up in my book.

I mean, let's say Sally is dead, then why keep a ? on the cover for the second month in a row, if the description has already given us the answer, again something doesn't add up.

And believe me, I won't be the only reader (Ian supporter or hater) that won't be throw off by this, because it doesn't make sense.

Something just keeps telling me, that there is more to this, then Ian and Paul are letting on. I mean how can Sally's story contunie on, if she has fallen as in death, it don't work, not really, unless there's something else planned out, and descriptions along with the covers are to throw us off, which has happen in comics in the past.

I just feel, that next 21-22 issues may be Ian's last hurahh on the book, and that this is his way of going out with such a big bang, that people will keep talking about him for years to come.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Looks like Sally's become a Decepticon. I am ok with this.

As for the wiki stuff, first off LOL Wikipedia. Second, I think if Hurst really said that, it'd be a lot more widespread than people just learning it now. I'll be disregarding that like it was written on Sonic News Network.

Ok, one thing I don't understand, is you change the description, which has "A Fallen Sally" in it, to "Sally has fallen", and yet you keep the cover with the "?" on the bottom right corner around, instead of changing it to help match the description. That just doesn't add up in my book.

Dude quit using "You" soo much your acting like we have a hand in all this! your posts don't make sense when it sounds like your pointing the finger at us.

Since the preview images are now out, it's summary time!

1.The issue begins with Warden Zobotnik teleporting into the prison's command center.

2."I'm here! I'm here! What's the status report, Major Znively?"

3."All the cells were opened! We have a riot on our hands, sir!"

4."Turn off the artificial gravity!"

5."The command center stations are destroyed!"

6."Are the inhibitor collars still on?!"

7."All but six, but sir..."

8.The scene cuts to the jail break in progress, showing Scourge, The Destructix, Mephiles, Crystal Claws Knuckles, and Mecha Tails among others escaping and descending from their high up cells.

9."...We're going to need A LOT of back-up!"

10.Scourge runs into some old tormentors of his fighting with some Zone Cops. He gives one of them a swift boot to the head and turns his attention to the Echidna who dunked him into the basketball hoop.

11."Hey, didn't you dunk me like a basketball once?"

12."Wha-me-er-no!"

13.Scourge spins into his chest.

14."Wham-o! Three point shot!"

15.He runs into the evil versions of Lupe and the Wolf Pack that also tormented him.

16."You guys are scared of little old me? Let's talk things over..."

17.He spins into all three of them and knocks them away.

18."...until you're scared and SCARRED!"

19.He runs into some Zone Cops.

20."And you guys! Thinking you can beat ME into submission!"

21.He kicks one of them in the face and cracks his helmet.

22."Well, now the shoe's on the other foot! Or FACE--whatever!"

23.He turns his attention toward the other one.

24."Hey, buddy! Wanna see if the artificial gravity is working in your favor?"

25."N-no! P-please!"

26.He grabs him.

27."Don't worry! The floor will stop ya if not!"

28.His fun is interrupted by Sgt. Simian.

29."Focus! We need to hold the guards' attention while Fiona steals back our gear!"

30.Scourge throws the Zone Cop to the side.

31."Fine, fine. Ruin my fun."

32."There is no time for "fun." We need a plan."

33."Sure. We need two things. One is an exit to the Prison Yard the guards can't block."

34."And the other?"

35."Bring me Al and Cal."

36.Meanwhile, in Prisoner Processing, Fiona looks for their gear while a few other prisoners loot the place. One is a version of Nack that instead of reclaiming his own possessions, he steals the money from the other prisoners' wallets.

37.Fiona searches around the store room, passing up gear like a spiked Piko Piko Hammer (Three guesses who THAT belonged to. XD) and Nack's hat, when she finally makes it to the cubby holes with the Destructix's prisoner numbers on them.

38.To her surprise, the holes are empty and their gear is missing.

39.Meanwhile, Fiona fails to notice Jeffrey exiting the store room carrying a box with a VERY familiar-looking number on it.

40.Elsewhere, Al and Cal are brought to Scourge by Sgt. Simian. Lightning, Predator, and Flying are also present.

41."Snot! I-I mean S-Scourge!"

42."We're your pals, remember?! Your buddies?!"

43."I remember you two shared your meals and kept me company when the rest of the Prison beat me like a Pinata. I'm getting my revenge, so you boys should, too. Simian, break their collars."

44."No! Bad idea! BAD IDEA!"

45."The collars stop us from reverting into--!"

46.Simian snaps their collars in two.

47.Al and Cal revert to their robotic Demi-God forms.

48."Fall to our might, geometrical inferiors!"

49."We control the vertical! We control the horizontal!"

50.They start causing havok and blasting everything.

51."See? They just needed to let loose a little bit. Oh, and that takes care of our exit to the yard. Go me."

52.Flying points that the exit is already crowded with Prisoners, but Scourge says that they'll just have to clear them out.

53.Scourge and the Destructix let loose on the Prisoners, including an Angry Bird. (No, I'm NOT kidding.)

54."This is almost too easy!"

55.However, Scourge's cockiness is interrupted by Fiona, who gives him the bad news that their gear is missing.

56.Predator offers to hunt down the thief, but Lightning warns the group that more Zone Cops are approaching and teleporting from outside the Prison.

57.Simian says that they can't fight off the entire Zone Cop Corps, but Fiona says that they HAVE to find their gear, as the Warp Ring is with it and it's their only ticket out of Prison.

58.Scourge thinks up a plan.

59."Here's what we're going to do. Our stuff is probably somewhere in processing still. The cellblocks are a death trap and the yard's too open."

60.Scourge tells Lightning to look for someone having trouble with a Warp Ring, as they aren't exactly easy to handle for Newbs and tells Predator to just do his thing with the hunting.

61.He tells the rest to stick close to Lightning and Predator and if the gear thief wants a fight, to make it a quick one.

62."Wait! Where are YOU going?"

63.He points to a cavalcade of prisoners and Zone Cops including Buff Amy, Fever, and a baddie version of Cream with a ripped ear.

64."All the jerks who'd get in our way will be in there, cops or otherwise. I'm going to cover you guys!"

65.Scourge speeds off to cause some carnage.

66.Simian speaks with Fiona.

67."Apologies, boss. It seems he was worth the trouble after all."

68."I told you my mean, green man would come through for us! I just hope he plays ball once we escape. We need him to finish our job and I don't want to betray him again."

69.The Destructix leave to do the task that Scourge assigned them.

70.Scourge barrels through numerous prisoners and Zone Cops, making his way back inside.

71."I'm stronger than anyone in this dump. I've fought Sonic and Shadow to a standstill at the SAME TIME. I stomped my entire planet into submission! I AM SCOURGE! BOW BEFORE MY MIGHTY AWESOMENESS! BOW TO YOUR SUPERIOR!"

72.Elsewhere, King Maxx and Jeffrey are in a room discussing their latest thievings while Jeffrey goes through the Destructix's gear.

73."Just think, Jeffrey! My triumphant return! A world already primed for my iron-fisted rule!"

74.Jeffrey whispers under his breath.

75."And then I'll take the throne and dance on your grave, you posturing..."

76."I didn't quite catch that, dear, LOYAL, Jeffrey."

77."I-I-I said I'm still looking for the device! They planned this. That means they had a way out. It's not like you can just WALK onto the Cosmic Interstate."

78.He accidentally tosses the Warp Ring from the pack aside and it forms a portal.

79."Well done, my boy."

80."Er...sure. Nothing to it."

81.They hear a fierce knocking outside their room.

82."What...What was...?"

83.The Destructix burst in and reclaim their gear, beating Maxx and Jeffrey to a pulp in the meantime.

84.Flying presents Fiona with her clothes.

85."Your clothes, m'lady. And I won't try to wear them this time."

86."Very good, Flying. We don't have enough time for me to smack some sense into you."

87."More's the pity."

88."Change into your stuff and grab the Warp Ring, boys. I'll just be a minute."

89.Elsewhere, Warden Zobotnik confronts Al and Cal.

90."You've forced me to do this, you two! Fire F.O.E. (Field of Effect) inhibitors!"

91.The Zone Cops fire bazookas that shoot shackles made out of electricity at Al and Cal, restraining them and reverting them to their humanoid forms.

92.The Zone Cops also restrain several other escapees like Mecha Tails using these inhibitors as well.

93.Scourge enters the cell block.

94."Scourge!"

95."Aww...party's over?"

96."I thought you had finally been freed of your crippling ego! This is your only chance to surrender peacefully! I promise you, these things HURT!"

97.Al and Cal plead with Scourge to not escape without them.

98."I dunno...I COULD escape, get sweet revenge and bring worlds to their knees...OR I could risk it all just to save you two whiny, annoying worms...Hmm..."

99.Scourge backflips out of the cellblock.

100."I think I'll leave you all choking on my dust. Yeah, I like that one. Later, losers!"

101.Zobotnik goes berserk with rage.

102."I WANT THAT HEDGEHOG! I AUTHORIZE FULL USE OF ANYTHING! JUST BRING HIM DOWN!"

103.Fiona tells Scourge that they're ready to roll and the group leaves through the Warp Ring.

104.Later, Zobotnik and Znively are running damage control on their ruined facility.

105."...And with over 60% of the cells damaged, we've put most of the inmates in temporary shelters here in the yard."

106."Thank you, Major. That is all."

107.Zobotnik runs into Zonic.

108."I warned you."

109."Nevermind that. How long until you track him down?"

110.""Track him down?" The Prime Zone is a mess, Nega has us spread thin, and cleaning up your mess only makes it worse. Scourge is GONE. We think he went back to his Zone somehow. All we can do is hope he stays there."

111.Meanwhile, in the Grand Forest of Moebius, Scourge and the Destructix are chatting.

112."I brought us back to your homeworld for a reason. Our employer has a job for us here."

113."Too bad. This gang's got a change in plans."

114."Scourge, Finitevus isn't the type of guy you jerk around. It took a lot to convince him we needed you for this!"

115."You let me worry about Dr. Spooky Von Evil! Right now, you're MY gang. You follow MY plans. And believe me, I've got BIG PLANS for both this world AND Sonic's!"

116.Meanwhile, deep in the Gigan Mountains, the Babylon Rouges have arrived at a mysterious gate.

117."At last, we've FOUND it!"

118.The issue ends.

119.There's also a hilarious Off-Panel where it's revealed that the Werehog was the one responsible for the Al and Cal puppet pals gag in a previous Off-Panel. XD

Plus, here are a few interesting sights from said issue:

HNI_0032-1.jpg

HNI_0033-1.jpg

HNI_0034.jpg

HNI_0035.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Only without their control collars.

Which reminds me; was this ALL Al and Cal were brought back out for? To wreck stuff at the end? Kind of a wasted opportunity there.

While I am a little dissapointed that Fiona wasn't the one who got left behind, I still liked how she did get screwed over by Scourge by him saying that they listen to him now and ditch Finitevus with whatever he was planning for them.

While I am a little dissapointed that Fiona wasn't the one who got left behind, I still liked how she did get screwed over by Scourge by him saying that they listen to him now and ditch Finitevus with whatever he was planning for them.

Ten times this. The ending really was kind of disappointing after the whole "Who gets left behind?!?" blurb and

I really don't give a damn about Al and Cal being ditched. Has really hoped it would be Fiona. BUT having said that, as you said, at least Scourge seems like he's not going to let her boss him around, or let the Destructix decide what he/they are going to do.

I feel like it's a pipe-dream by now, but with Scourge talking about stuff he wants to do on his Moebius and on Mobius, I really hope that'll be an excuse for him to storm the castle and go after the globe post schematics, which the Suppression Squad still have, giving him an excuse for a showdown with Miles, Alicia, Boomer and Patch. If, you know, there's ever even another Scourge arc. One day. I can dream D:

I liked the Scourge Arc altogether. Maybe its my fave, I'll have to reread.

I like the idea of Scourge versus Finitevus. Two of my fave characters duking it out? Yes Please!

Al and Cal was a bit of a "Was That it?" moment. Though Scourge was a right dick and thats why we love him.

Cameo by Mephiles for great justice!

I couldn't help myself I had to read the spoilers to see who gets left behind.

I'm glad that it wasn't Fiona.

Once again Fiona makes a getaway(this time with the man she loves :?: and her gang). I get the feeling that Ian is really building Fiona up, so that he can later knock her down. I guess we'll see in the future if my theory is correct.

Can't wait to get this issue.

So what the hell was the entire point of that Scourge arc? Nobody, but the Destructrix got any development and in all honesty, the only character who needed it was Simeon. That was a pretty pointless arc and would have been better if it were never shown how Scourge escaped since we all knew he would eventually escape.

Personally, the Battle Birds attacking people would be pretty cool since they are Tails' enemies. The Armada is to Tails as the Eggman Empire is to Sonic.