Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Indeed. I don't think ANYONE had any emotional investment in Al and Cal or really gave a damn what happened to them. Heck, most people would probably be glad to see them stuck in the No Zone a little longer =P They're irrelevant at best and annoying as heck at worst. Scourge betraying Fiona would have given the ending so much more bite and been a much better twist, showing Scourge's utter self-centred ruthlessness and Fiona's guttedness and confusion at being ditched by the one person she thought would actually stick by her.

I for one think that wouldn't work, Fiona goes on and on about how she keeps getting abandoned by people she cares about, I think it was nice to see that for once Fiona could put some semblance of trust in someone, and Scourge in turn could have someone who he actually cares about. They still would wreak havoc and whatnot, but at least they are together while doing it.

I for one think that wouldn't work, Fiona goes on and on about how she keeps getting abandoned by people she cares about, I think it was nice to see that for once Fiona could put some semblance of trust in someone, and Scourge in turn could have someone who he actually cares about. They still would wreak havoc and whatnot, but at least they are together while doing it.

Except Scourge is still a very self-serving and rotten-to-the-core character. Someone who you should never trust. Regardless of WHEN it will happen, Fiona will learn the consequences of her actions and that her dependancy on Scourge will be be her undoing.

I'm more disappointed that there was no kissing scene between Fiona and Scourge.

Whilst I remain extremely glad. There's enough kissy-kissy with the cast on Mobius Prime. I'm sure that Scourge would most definitely like to make out with his squeeze, but I'm glad we don't have to see it.

Also, the above from DLD - agreed. Scourge doesn't care about anyone, period. He uses people... and I remain convince that he's using Fi as much as any other. He's just giving her a little more time because he thinks she's hot. But as soon as she becomes a liability... see ya, babe! He doesn't _care_ about her. He's just getting his rocks off.

I think that Scourge does love Fiona, but I also don't think that Scourge knows how to love someone.

I think that Scourge would hurt and/or kill Fiona, not out of hate, but because that's who he is.

His past relationship with Princess Alicia was clearly not a healthy relationship.

As for Fiona she's clearly not all there mentally. She'd rather blame others for all her problems. She claims to not trust anyone, but we see that she's really not taking her own advice.

I think that Scourge does love Fiona, but I also don't think that Scourge knows how to love someone.

I think that Scourge would hurt and/or kill Fiona, not out of hate, but because that's who he is.

That's not a healthy relationship to be in, and would be a kin to domestic violence.

Even in fiction, I would find in hard as hell to believe anyone would kill someone because that's who they are, and yet we're supposed to be convinced they love that person.

Well killing someone you love is a common idea in fiction.

For example there's the relationship between the Spider-Man villain Carnage and Shriek.

Here's a quote from the Carnage mini-series.

She screams her pain as death and hatred.

She kills for me. I like it. When it gets boring, I'll put her down like my Mother's dog.

I am Carnage. Killing someone I love will make me happy.

Well people who are mentally ill are going to see things differentially.

I'm certainly not trying to say that these types of relationships are healthy, they're clearly not, then again Scourge and Fiona are not the healthiest of people mentally. And to me that's what makes this character pairing interesting. I just think that the relationship would be boring if Scourge didn't have some degree of emotional attachment to Fiona.

Edited by Darkfox

Am I the only person who really doesn't give a shit about romance subplots? Seriously, if I wanted to read a whole bunch of nonsense involving love triangles with furry characters then I could just grab any old piece of Sonic fanfiction off the internet.

I don't want that in an official comic book. It's part of the reason I stopped reading it in the first place. It want real interesting stories with the characters from the games I love. And not 'interesting' like ____ smooching up on ____ in issue #453 or something stupid like that. Can we have some real character development please?

Add whoever in the blanks you want to entertain yourselves.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 6

Scourge motives reminds me of Keyser Sozye, If you can bend all to the power of your own will then you can accomplish anything.

Scourge I think is going to finally realise his true potential and turn it up to the max, especially if he is going to go behing the good Dr Fini's back.

I also see this as Fiona's starting path to her own downfall, she knows fully well she betrayed him and is scarred incase he finds out shes betrayed him, But I do think that she will get her comuppence and will end up either dead or in the nuthouse,

Also we all know Scourge and the Destructix escaped, but I wonder who else escaped, in the end they didnt say how many escaped or were retained , This leaves me thinking one of these inmates could very well be MEPHILLIS, it be cool if he did come into the main arc. Even if he does say 'dude' :P

Well people who are mentally ill are going to see things differentially.

I'm certainly not trying to say that these types of relationships are healthy, they're clearly not, then again Scourge and Fiona are not the healthiest of people mentally. And to me that's what makes this character pairing interesting. I just think that the relationship would be boring if Scourge didn't have some degree of emotional attachment to Fiona.

I'm not saying that Scourge doesn't have ANY sort of attachment to Fiona. I just don't believe he actually loves her. I think he's dependant on her, because she fuels his ego. Scourge can't operate when he doesn't have power and influence, as his broken nature at the start of the arc indicated and his fury in the much earlier arc at the idea of being stood up to by anyone. His whole existence is powered by the awe, fear and respect of others. Having a girl on his arm who is attractive and willing to do pretty much anything for him adds to his image and boosts his esteem, so much so that he treats her a little better than most because he wants to keep her around. I think that's about as deep as it goes. He'll hold on to her for as long as she's an asset to him, and then cut her loose as soon as she either becomes a liability or he loses interest due to her predictability and goes after something a little more exciting.

Got 229 today. Surprisingly intense ending. And Off Panel is finally drawn by the one artist I've wanted to see draw it from the start.

My prediction for #229; Sonic goes super as the reality begins to shift again and Sonic is forced to face his truth again. Sally also managed to stay there through a temporal bubble of some sort, but it's only temporary.

PC, PM me and say if I'm anywhere near close (probably not).

The issue starts out with Tails flying over the Metropolis Zone. He tells Sonic that it's quiet over the zone and asks how he's doing.

Sonic, while hopping over a lava pit and those huge claw crab badniks from Sonic 2, replys it could be better, but he's got it covered as usual, before entering and exiting one of those metal pipe/chutes. As he faces some praying mantis-like badniks (again from Sonic 2), he thinks to himself that, while he left the others for their safety, he could really use their help.

Meanwhile, in the Oil Ocean Zone, Sally, Boomer, and Antoine are running for cover from the seahorse badniks, and while they run, Boomer and Sally both say they wished they had convinced Sonic to stay except Sally accidently says "Something tells me he should be here with me! US! Be here with us!" To which Boomer replies, with a "suuuuure" face, "Uh-huh!"

Antoine then mentions that he should distract the badniks before being pulled out of the way of laser blasts, by Boomer. They are then cornered,, on a seesaw-like platform, by badniks and some moving spikes. Antoine then falls into one of those air cannons(you gotta love all the Sonic 2 things they use in this issue) and Boomer catches Sally by the hand before she falls.

While hanging, Sally has a huge flashback of memories (including when Sonic came back from space, them by the Lake of Rings from 222, the turret in her face from 225, and this one I can't place, but there's a silver casket in the background), and Antoine is launched from the air cannon, destroys the badniks, and frees some animals. Boomer complements Antoine(by saying that it was awesome ) and Sally tells herself to focus. She then asks to a small penguin (yes, she does that again) where the main valves are, the penguin replies, and they head off.

Back to Sonic, who's talks to himself about how that the place isn't bad, near death experiences and close encounters with badniks aside, finds a running nut (Sonic 2, again) and makes a joke about how he thought Eggman was the biggest nut there before jumping on it. On the way up, he kids another reason the others should have stayed was so that someone(else) could laugh at his jokes and says what each person would say. He notices a few exploding starfish enemies and speeds up up to escape their explosion.

He finds Robotnik, in his Metropolis Zone boss version with the fake Buttniks circlng him (yes, the clones talk too), Sonic and Robotnik talk, Sonic recognizes Robotnik calling him "rodent", which upsets the doctor, and they start their battle.

Back to the Oil Ocean Zone, Boomer and Antoine finish turning off the main valves, this, in turn, shuts off all the power to all off Eggman's bases in the region (Sally says this, apparently instead helping).

The lights go out where Robobutt and Sonic are fighting and Sonic decides to call Tails for an escape from the building. Another earthquake happens, and Tails and Sonic head for the Flying Fortress (yay!).... but a rocket takes off from the fortress so Sonic decides to hop that instead (doh!). The rocket takes him to, of course, the Death Egg 2. After Sonic hops off, he realizes that the whole planet is tearing apart (explaning the earthquakes).

Robotnik appears from the rocket and tells Sonic his plan. He plans to robotize the planet which will cement the dimensional shift as well as turn everthing into his robot slave. Sonic then has a huge flashback like Sally's(this one includes his fight with the original Robotnik from 50, his defeat from 175, and the Egg Tarantula from 200) and Robotnik's huge robot suit from Sonic 2 comes up from the floor he stands on. They then initiate an epic battle(Robotnik talks about how Sonic keeps ruining his plans, again, again, and again).

Suddenly Sonic gets knocked to the ground, next to a power line(it's important) while Robotnik blabbers something he about being powerful blahblah how the Death Egg runs off ALL of the Chaos Emeralds and other shtuff. He steps on Sonic, but not before Sonic grabs the power line and TRANSFORMS INTO GENESIS SUPER SONIC WHICH TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!!!!! Robotnik panics and is stupidly confused by how Sonic could do that while Super Sonic just whoops up on him. Snively interupts Robo-doomed to say that the dimensional stability is degrading past the point of return, which prompts Sonic to save the world(again? yes, again...for the millionth time).

He knocks Robotnik's mech outta the way, grabs a couple power lines(he makes joke about how Chaos Control is that other guys job, "Shady? Streaky? Whatever.") and yells "CHAOS CONTROL!" A big flash of white light (oh no. Is this happening? AGAIN?) bursts from the Death Egg, which Tails, Boomer, Antoine and Sally all notice, as the world starts to FADE AWAY INTO WHITE PANEL. Super Sonic says that it's done and he'll se what happens now. Boomer runs out panicking "Sally! Everything's vanishing! What do we do?" Sally responds "It's okay, Rotor. Sonic has everything under control."

Rotor: "Sonic? Rotor?"

Sally: "Trust me. Everything will be okay. See you, Sonic..."

Sonic: "...on the other side, Sally."

White panel.

Off-Panel: Knuckles says since they just finished Sonic 2 in Genesis, in his turn to show up(Sonic 3 &Knuckles). Amy, in her classic attire, says it's actually her turn show up(Sonic CD). Sonic shows up, as the panel starts turning white, and says that they're actually going back to the regular story now, while Ixis Naugus points and sticks his tongue at Amy and Knuckles. Dubs(Jonathan Gray) pencils and, surprise, Kureeji Lea(Aleah Baker) colors.

Under Ian's writing we have two Sonic books now(Sonic and Sonic Universe), and the free comicbook day issues every year. So the book must be doing well.

Back when Penders and Boilers were working on the book there was no chance of that happening.

So yeah, I don't think that Archie's going to get rid of him anytime soon.

229 sounds like it could be a pretty interesting issue, though I want to call BS on Sonic being able to use the power lines to transform, and being able to chaos control the entire planet on his own

30% off topic, I just picked up the Archie Mega Man 4 issue paperback book featuring the awesome SPAZ. I know next to nothing about Mega Man, but had to pick this book up just for the art. <3 SPAZ

Also, what in the world is this?

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sonic-Hedgehog-Patrick-Spaziante/dp/1936975068/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317408016&sr=1-12

Soniccomicworld's been busy with other things. He'll upload the comic issues when he has time and such. :P

On Topic. So then If Sonic used Chaos Control to get everything back to normal, then could he have made it to before Sally got shot?