Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I don't want that in an official comic book. It's part of the reason I stopped reading it in the first place. It want real interesting stories with the characters from the games I love. And not 'interesting' like ____ smooching up on ____ in issue #453 or something stupid like that. Can we have some real character development please?

They do have actual development, its that people act like the romance subplots take up 90% of the comic, which they don't.

Sure you may get the occasional moment here and there (and that whole comic with Sonic and Sally dating but I digress) but its not a furry/romance/drama/whatever that many people who don't read them regularly make them out be, that shit died along with Penders' tenure.

Edited by Soniman032-

Yeah that guy sounds like a major dick. And it's all because he doesn't like the way that Ian writes Jet(who Ian has barely done anything with.)

Jesus, if he has problems about Jet, I would at least wait until AFTER his his upcomming arc in Universe

When someone feels a deep spiritual connection to a fantasy bird-man out of a mediocre videogame series
Edited by Soniman032-

Well on the bright side at least Sally is still alive(in a sense). But now she can't be with Sonic.

sad.png

Can't say that I didn't see that coming at all.

Oh look, double negative. My English sentence structure is being naughty today.

Giggity.

Another "read as I type" review of 229.

>So Sonic and Tails are invading Mobotropolis? That is cool.

>I am trying to figure out the trick that Sonic pulled off after catapulting himself off the crabmeat.

>>Speaking of which, where there crabmeats in Mobotropolis Zone? I could have sworn that they were exclusive to Green Hill.

>Sonic is of course worried about how Sally is doing on her quest. If there is any justice in the world, she would be mince meat since she shouldn't have the ability to traverse through Oil Ocean, but knowing Flynn, she has plot behind her.

>Of course, Sally doesn't consider that her plan sucks.

>>Ohh a typical Freudian slip of the tongue.

>Seeing cowardly Antoine shows how he developed as a character, but at the same time...I kind of like him better cowardly and attention seeking. There are enough brave, selfless heroes on the Freedom Fighters. We need some diversity of character.

>So this isn't the past? Eggman just changed landscape or overall background of the Archie Universe to resemble more like the games? Is it wrong that I am rooting for Eggman on this?

>Sally can speak penguin. Well at least there is consistency since she spoke bird a few issues back.

>>It is hilarious that the most badass member in the group is the penguin that Antoine just rescued.

>>He already has more character than Sally and he doesn't even have a name.

>Question: How did Sally and the crew survive that near death experience and get past the death trap in front of them?

>>Answer: Ian just didn't care.

>"And here I thought Eggman was the biggest nut in this place?" Snarky Sonic is best Sonic.

>>Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but Tails is able to communicate with Sonic as well, right? So why does he act like he has nobody to talk to? He doesn't even consider Tails and he begins reminiscing about Sally's crew as if they are his lifelong companions on every heroic mission he does.

>How in the hell did Sally, Rotor and Antoine make it through Oil Ocean?

>>Yep, Sally issuing orders again and not actually doing a damn thing.

>>Okay, this is way too convenient. Oil Ocean fuels Mobotropolis as well as the entire damn region? And Eggman didn't think to have an alternate power source or beef up security a bit more?

>Okay, so Eggman has the Death Egg primed anyways thus making Sally's efforts pointless? So we sat through her bullshit for no reason. Well fuck.

Sonic on the run calling for Tails, who he just realized can hear him, and is counting on Tails to save his apathetic ass? If I were Tails, I would have let the bastard fall to his doom, but...

>>Tails saves him at the last moment while laughing at his buddy's need for him. Tails is awesome.

>IT IS THE MOTHERFUCKING EGGFORTRESS!

>>...which is rendered as just a cameo because Ian quickly needed to get to Death Egg in space.

>Sonic can breathe in space just like Batman and Superman.

>Okay, so Eggman finally revealed his plan. He tore apart the dimension, space, and time so he could then roboticize the entire world which would then cement the dimensional tear? Eggman, why haven't you conquered these plebeians yet?

>>He did all of this to change Sonic? The guy is brilliant except for one part...

>Eggman just revealed that the entire place is powered by all seven of the chaos emeralds so if a cable just conveniently comes loose while he is fighting Sonic and is conveniently dropped in front of a fallen Sonic as he is conveniently about to be stomped to his doom....well you know where this is going.

>>Super Sonic!

>After Sonic kicks his ass, Sonic references Shadow and pulls a grand rewind...or fast forward? Oh what the hell, Chaos Control. We all know the limitations that it has aka it is convenient plot deux machinima that would make One More Day look like writing excellence.

I've been reading Genesis at Barnes and Noble. I'm gonna buy all them today and read the fourth one. I remain to be impressed Ian Flynn.

Far as that spoiler goes.

I believe Naugus will find a portion of Mobotropilans willing to be subject to his magicks if they offer protection from roboticization. I'm going to say this entire arc ends at issue with Sally deroboticized, laying a claim on the throne, against Naugus and his Mobians-turned-elemental-army.

Okay, guys, look.

When I started repairing the friendship between Sonic and Sally, the SonAmy fans were enraged and I was labeled a SonSal supporter.

When Sally started dating Monkey Khan, the SonSal fans were enraged and I was labeled a SonAmy supporter.

When Sally broke things off with Khan to hook up with Sonic again, the SonAmy fans were enraged again and I was a SonSal supporter. Again.

Now with the STH#232 reveal, the SonSal supporters are enraged - again - and now I'm a SonAmy supporter. Again.

The SonAmy camp cries foul because I say the Sonic/Sally dynamic works.

The SonSal camp cries foul because I make an effort to bring more game elements to the forefront.

I think it's safe to say, history and evidence given, that I'm not supporting either side in the Eternal Shipping War. I'm writing Sonic books. The romance is an element, not the driving force.

>"the SonSal dynamic works"

>"I'm not supporting either side"

Wat?

Also I think if he really wants to prove this then he should just make Sonic single and leave the Sonic and Sally thing as a friendly relationship, similar to Sonic and Amy's

From what I can tell with Ian's track record on turning Main/popular characters evil, it won't last long at all. To me, I possibly see it lasting about 4-6 issues at least, maybe 8-10 at the most. But I want you guys to think of something, why would he have Sonic and Knuckles compare notes and why would Elias go to Harvey Who as a last resort. The reason being, because Ian may be already planning Sally's derobotizion/defusion.

Now Ian has said that the effects will last up to a year, however, I don't think it will last that long. Again, because of his track record of turning Main/popular characters evil. I mean take a look at the length in which he had Knuckles as Enerjak, for about 5 issues. Now he could had made it go longer then that, but he didn't, just long enough so that Knuckles and co. would still feel the effects of it today. And how about Nicole, when she got controlled by the Iron Queen, it was for about 2 issues in the Iron Dominion Saga, and again he could have made it go longer, but he didn't. Heck, even Ken Penders did it to Sonic in the Mecha Madness Saga, but again that didn't last long, just long enough for some effects to be felt afterwards. As well as Robotized Sally in #29, but it just lasted for that issue.

Now I'm not saying Ian won't have it last up till next October or even into 2013, he could, but I don't really see that happening, especially when he has many sides of the fanbase upset at him for doing this, whither they like Sally or not.

Another clue I found was at the archiesonic.wikia.com site and it said that the events that take place from 230-23? occur before the events in Sonic Universe issues 35-36-?, so that tells me that this will all be settled and taken care of before the events of SU 35-36-3?, whither Sally is back to normal or not, but we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as Sally situation goes, it maybe more a fusion in my eyes, because when you look at the cover of 230, then 231 and now 232 and read the description of 231, it may seem like that is more locial answer, which would, (as many may feel that this would be a cheap way of getting her back to normal) mean that her predictomite will be a short one.

As for seeing this coming a mile away in the eyes of many fans, I think we were all clued in on it when Paul said that Sally had a Jean Grey like syndrome and that her story would be far from over, which I think and guess tipped many fans off as to what would happen to her.

Now in closing, let me say this, I know many fans will still subscribe/buy the comic and read it, while many other fans will sit by and wait for a sulation to the problem to take place. But here's my advice, if you have the SatAM DVD Box Set, watch that to bide the time while you wait or read the issues up till or before 225 and Genesis to again bide the time till her situation is over and done with. That's just my advice, because that's would do to bide time.

Anyway, I thought I'd get that all off my chest and give you more of my thoughts on it. And yes I did a video on it, which you can see at my bwrosas YouTube Channel.

So that's all for now

What Ian just said on Bumbleking Forums.

Here's the thing with Ian, as with some NEW head writers that take the reigns of a poplaur comic, they always want to put their own spin on things, and take the comic in a direction they want, instead of relying on what made the comic popular in the first place.

Now sometimes this is a good thing to have happen, and sometimes it's a bad thing, or in the case of someone like say Ian, it could end up as a converstional thing. The reason I say this, is because some NEW head writers do a such a good job that fans old and new keep coming back for more. However if the NEW head writer does a bad job the fans won't want to read the book no more and thus sales are at times effected, both newsstand and subscription wise. Now if a NEW head writer starts out converstionally, fans old and new may be up in the air, because they won't know what the heck that head writer has planned, because they don't know if it will be good or bad, because if it's good, their want to see more, if it's bad, then they won't want to see anymore of it.

Now with Ian, some of things he's done, with Fiona's change of character possibly at the top of the list, as well as some of the character deaths that he did, some good in the eyes of the fans (Tommy) and some not needed (Locke).

But let's not forget, he also has done what many consider some of the most horrendous storyarc's out there, with the Iron Dominion saga which last about a year, which also had a spin-off in the Journey to the East 4-part mini-series in Sonic Universe possibly at the top of that list. Now me, personally I had no problem with this saga, but I can fully understand other fans frustration with it.

As for covering his rear and banning people who criticize his work, I can fully understand that, because I've been and am currently there myself. And in my opinion, he just doesn't like when people figure his storyarc's out and call him out on it.

Now as far as 232 goes, word going around is Ian is NOT HAPPY with Big Wayne Comics relieving the official cover of 232 so soon. Well the way I see it, and I said this before on other sites and on the YT, he's eventually going to slip up along the way with this storyarc, and well here's one of those slip up's he didn't see or should have seen coming. I mean (no offense) does Ian think we're that dumb, I mean if he's doing this to attach more NEW readers, I can fully understand that, but when comes to long-times readers, who's he kidding.

Now before I end this, let me clear something up, I don't hate Ian Flynn, as matter of fact I respect him for being the first fan or least one of the first fans to become a writer (head or not) for the comic. The only problem I have with him, is he doesn't make himself clear when he's working on the stories for the comic, in other words, he doesn't give a straight answer when it comes to what he plans to do in the stories contained within the comic. I only wish he would just come out and tells straight forward what he has planned for the future of both Sonic Comics when it comes to stories, not play games.

Anyway that's all I'm going to say for now.