Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well, good. because I'm sure even 1 time with her around would've been meseriable.

Are their any 5-page previews as of late?

Hi. I just created this account but I've been a member of the Archie Sonic community  for a long time. I'm trying to leave the fandom, due to recent events, as I find myself unable to enjoy the book at all anymore. I have a large collection of Sonic comics and I am trying to sell them on eBay:

The person who buys these will get a great deal at about $3.33 per issue.

Sad to hear that you're leaving the fandom (Come to the gaming side. We have cookies); unfortunately though, we do not allow people who have just signed up to the forums to advertise any off-site sales, as we'd rather people use the forum for discussion and interaction than for financial transactions. At best, you can do so in your signature for the time being, but that's about it.

Sad to hear that you're leaving the fandom (Come to the gaming side. We have cookies); unfortunately though, we do not allow people who have just signed up to the forums to advertise any off-site sales, as we'd rather people use the forum for discussion and interaction than for financial transactions. At best, you can do so in your signature for the time being, but that's about it.

How long do I have to be a member before I can post something like that?

Also, do the cookies come with milk?

You have to have been here for a week and have gathered a minimum of 15 posts before the forum opens up to you. Be forewarned: spamming to hit the post count will generally result in posts staff deem as spam being deleted, and possible disciplinary action. You're going to have to contribute to topics in earnest. 

And they do indeed. 8P;;

• Thumbs Up 1

You have to have been here for a week and have gathered a minimum of 15 posts before the forum opens up to you. Be forewarned: spamming to hit the post count will generally result in posts staff deem as spam being deleted, and possible disciplinary action. You're going to have to contribute to topics in earnest. 

And they do indeed. 8P;;

Thanks for the information.

Well, good. because I'm sure even 1 time with her around would've been meseriable.

Only this one.

3484486-son_255-2.jpg

3484487-son_255-3.jpg

3484488-son_255-4.jpg

3484489-son_255-7.jpg

3484490-son_255-8.jpg

Cool, wheres the source of that?

How does Sonic and Tails know what Eggman's new army is called? is it his New!Universe memories telling him or was he informed?

Issue previews (to my knowledge) are rarely posted far in advance of the actual book's release. Your best bet is to watch Comic Book Resources previews section (though it appears Archie hasn't supplied them with previews for a lot of post-crossover issues thus far...) or regularly check Comic Vine (which seems to be posting them regularly).

If we see a preview any time soon, I'd wager we'll see one for the first issue of "Shadow Fall" either late this week or early next week (the book is due out the 18th of this month).

Cool, wheres the source of that?

How does Sonic and Tails know what Eggman's new army is called? is it his New!Universe memories telling him or was he informed?

Well, considering the memory thing, I think it's safe to say the Egg Army would have been around for a long time, so he'd know about it upon recieving the new memories.

This really was a last minute game change if the old continuity was set to be used beyond StH#300.

I died a little when I read that. So, so much potential down the crapper...

I died a little when I read that. So, so much potential down the crapper...

Sigh this makes sad because most of my favorite stories never happened

This really was a last minute game change if the old continuity was set to be used beyond StH#300.

Explain what you mean?

Issue previews (to my knowledge) are rarely posted far in advance of the actual book's release. Your best bet is to watch Comic Book Resources previews section (though it appears Archie hasn't supplied them with previews for a lot of post-crossover issues thus far...) or regularly check Comic Vine (which seems to be posting them regularly).

If we see a preview any time soon, I'd wager we'll see one for the first issue of "Shadow Fall" either late this week or early next week (the book is due out the 18th of this month).

See thats the thing, Archie has a pool of 10 or so sites they hand off 5-page previews. sometimes its destructoid, kotaku, comic vine, comicbookresources, etc. etc. we never know where the next 5-page preview will be posted because each month is different, only 1 site gets the 5-page preview. sware to god they must draw names out of a jar or something...

I tried keeping an eye on the Archie Blogs sometime back but they never update that thing anymore and when they do its weeks late from the release date.

Thanks, Penders. I know Archie isn't innocent in all this, but we all know who's the reason this all had to happen at all.

Man, this just grinds my gears like you wouldn't believe. I figured the reboot wasn't going to happen originally anyway, and it was just a way to sweep everything under the rug after the legal mess, but knowing Flynn had such plans (that we'll likely never know about) for the old continuity just makes it worse.

I'll still read the comic because, in spite of that, it's still a good read from month to month. I like to think we're gonna settle into the new continuity just fine, but it stills bums me out that everything fell apart for such a petty, stupid reason.

See thats the thing, Archie has a pool of 10 or so sites they hand off 5-page previews. sometimes its destructoid, kotaku, comic vine, comicbookresources, etc. etc. we never know where the next 5-page preview will be posted because each month is different, only 1 site gets the 5-page preview. sware to god they must draw names out of a jar or something...

I tried keeping an eye on the Archie Blogs sometime back but they never update that thing anymore and when they do its weeks late from the release date.

Yeah... usually I just wait for TSSZ to pull it from whatever source has it to check them out. Say what you will about that site and the people who run it, at least they do a good job gathering up the solicitation and preview materials (though they like stirring the pot with their retarded headlines and worthless commentary).

I've figured that the only time these original plans could possibly be shared would be the day that Ian decides to step down as writer, freeing him from any contract that keeps him tight lipped.

I don't consider the lawsuit to be the only reason for the reboot. With SEGA getting more involved(not saying there the ones who said "reboot everything" and Archie trying to attract the game fans as well I think there would of been some changes I just believe the lawsuit made it worse

That still doesn't make Ian lying about how bad things were going to get excusable.

Or am I the only one who remembers his "bright lights"  BS?

Considering I like the direction we're going in, I have no idea what lies about bright lights you're talking about sir.

I don't consider the lawsuit to be the only reason for the reboot. With SEGA getting more involved(not saying there the ones who said "reboot everything" and Archie trying to attract the game fans as well I think there would of been some changes I just believe the lawsuit made it worse

It was probably a number of factors. However it has been needed for a long time coming. The problems you have with having a comic go on for long and just letting any writer have free control over it causes so many problems. The reboot doesn't mean that everything we know about the character is gone. The way the writers are going about it just shows that they want to keep certain elements of the comic intact (Bunnie and Antoine's marriage, Rotor back in the Freedom Fighters, New Mobotropolis). 

The main issues that hardcore fans are going to have with the reboot is (1) missing primary characters that have been in the comic for years e.g. Julie-su , Geoffrey St John that can not be used for legal reasons and (2) key relationships between characters such as Sonic and Sally and Knuckles and Julie-Su (whilst Knuckles and Julie-su is completely gone and Sega have a no dating policy does not say we not going to see romantic tension between core characters). 

I've figured that the only time these original plans could possibly be shared would be the day that Ian decides to step down as writer, freeing him from any contract that keeps him tight lipped.

Ian has shown that he can create great story lines, even when plans change at last moment. It's possible that the story lines that have been though of up to 300 can be altered and used. 

That still doesn't make Ian lying about how bad things were going to get excusable.

Or am I the only one who remembers his "bright lights"  BS?

Probably considering I have no idea what you are talking about. 

The reboot doesn't mean that everything we know about the character is gone. The way the writers are going about it just shows that they want to keep certain elements of the comic intact (Bunnie and Antoine's marriage, Rotor back in the Freedom Fighters, New Mobotropolis).

You mean just plain Mobotropolis.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, yeah. I totally agree. The nanites had become waaay gimmicky as a plot point. I think it's good that they've been retired now. It seemed every other story had a "Waah, nanites are evil!" subplot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't hurt anything to have tied up loose ends with them so they'd just be a normal background feature. In fact, I'd say they're no less gimmicky and more of a character vulnerability concerning Nicole, since their plot points and gimmicks were also used as tools to show how much Nicole had evolved from a mini-supercomputer to a much more independent and growing being, how much more versatile she could be, and how despite these strengths she was not all powerful concerning the downsides of the nanites. I think you guys are selling them too short, only looking at things from the surface.