Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yeah I just read the Sonic Battle book aaaaand it's pretty disappointing. To be honest I wasn't really expecting much since you technically don't have to have to read it in order to get the full grasp of the story. I'll explain how I feel about each of them in order

Sonic vs remainder of the deadly 6

Any positives I can give its that art is good and the fact that this new writer showed that even though sonic has an ego he's still willing to risk his life to save everybody. It's a small thing but I like it. And I didn't like the bicker between the Zeti so that another. As for the rest of the story it was just meh. The other zeti didn't really make an impression compared to the mega man story and how sonic got defeated didn't have that "woah they did that?" moment

Sticks vs Roll

Not gonna lie this was bad. First of when could Roll do all this stuff and if she could then why the heck hasn't she helped her brother save the world? My other problem is This pretty much represents my problem with the franchise when it wants to be funny it does the complete opposite. And the joke they were building up at the end was not funny it just made me go "what?" But on the bright side the artwork was really  well made. But I'm not going to entirely bash it since this was R

Knuckles vs Breakman

Easily the best one here. The art was fantastic and the writing was good. I really don't have anything to complain about here surprisingly probably due to bias that knuckles is my favorite sonic character and its good to see him do stuff instead of being a joke.

Like I said you really don't have to buy this since you really aren't missing much. If you have to get one battle book get the Mega Man one.

Sticks vs Roll

Not gonna lie this was bad. First of when could Roll do all this stuff and if she could then why the heck hasn't she helped her brother save the world? My other problem is This pretty much represents my problem with the franchise when it wants to be funny it does the complete opposite. And the joke they were building up at the end was not funny it just made me go "what?" But on the bright side the artwork was really  well made. But I'm not going to entirely bash it since this was R

The worst part about that story is in order to get the joke,  you have to read the main series, which is where Sticks stated ''she was looking for spy brooms''. Even then, it's a double edged sword because you can see the joke from a mile away.

I am usually pretty lenient when criticizing stuff, but this time even I feel that the art is off. My problem with the art isn't much the lines, but the coloring. For the most part it just looks "rubbery" for me, there aren't much shading, it is more like different flat colors threw together.

And since I've mentioned it on Bumbleking, I'll mention it here as well.

Does anyone else feel like Archie's really dropped the ball in terms of Graphic Novels?  In the span of less of a year, we've had a bunch of numerous delays, cancellations, and a massive quality drop from the glossy, nice paper, to the lower quality paper. That's not to mention the completely crazy and random way they've been handling the Saga Series contents, and the delays Enerjak Reborn, Scourge Lockdown, and Silver Saga kept getting, to the point where Enerjak Reborn was given a name change and delayed for months on end.

CJ_Ja4wUEAAwheu.jpg

Found this on Twitter

Edited by Sonictrainer
  • Thumbs Up 7

Hidden Content

Found this on Twitter

I forgot to mention this on my previous post: the backgrounds are also glaring for me. Most of the times they are just a blue gradient, which really feels uncomfortable and lifeless to my eyes.

Edited by Sunwalker

God that Sonic Boom gag was brilliant. That's the writing I've missed in this crossover. XD

rGUtFEd.png

WOW! :|

This is the weakest art Archie has had in such a long time. I miss Ben Bates.

Edited by Gatestormer
  • Thumbs Up 1

rGUtFEd.png

WOW! :|

This is the weakest art Archie has had in such a long time. I miss Ben Bates.

Ben Bates' Sally is the best Sally.

That panel though. It looks less like shocked, and more like...slightly unexpectedly finding a penny under your foot

So, spoilers for ending of Arc 2.

The heroes begin fighting the Mavericks, but aren't doing so well. Axl spots his old mates from Red Alert, and doesn't want to fight them, but X says that they're pretty much zombies anyways, and even if they were still the way they used to be, it would be a mercy to give them rest. X checks on Zero to make sure he's fine, and luckily, neither Iris or Colonel are in the crowd, but even then, Zero says he won' hesitate. Sigma-2 (his new body's name) realizes that the world below is crumbling (people dead in their cars, and the world dissolving into pieces), so he summons tons of giant genesis portals. Then, he instantly creates an equal number of Unity Engines, and has his Mavericks send the engines in, after they deal with the heroes.

Eggman and Wily try to get their weapon working again, but a Maverick smashes it. Eggman is completely out of ideas, and he and Sonic run away from the chaos. Wily was carried away by Mega Man, who doesn't want Wily to get hurt again. He then has Wily hide behind a downed Mechaniloid, much to Wily's annoyance. While the doctors hide safely, the heroes are barely able to stand. When the Mavericks depart for the Genesis Portals, X tries to jump up to stop them, but a Maverick punches him down. He leaves four Mavericks to finish off our heroes, while Sigma searches for the ripest worlds to conquer. Just as they are about to be slaughtered, Ryu Hadoukens one of the Mavericks. Out of one of the Genesis Portals that Sigma spawned came Chun-Li, Ryu, Guile and Ken of Street Fighter, as well as Sticks, who is on top of Guile. They attack, and without any battle damage, the Mavericks are downed, with some reactions from the main cast, such as Sonic being displeased with the naming of Guile's Sonic Boom attack.

After the Mavericks are dealt with, Sally decides that the others should do what Sticks did, and recruit people from the other worlds. However, Eggman does not think that is enough, and decides to try to contact Metal Sonic so he could bring the last Emerald so Sonic could go Super. However, this is really just so that while Super Sonic distracts Sigma, he and Wily can go to the Master Engine to suck out all the power for themselves. The main cast take airboards (Are airboards different from Extreme Gear? They don't seem that advanced compared to Extreme Gear.), except for those who have other ways to fly. They go in pairs of two into the Genesis Portals, while the rest of Team Sticks, Roll, Flash Man, and Wood Man stay behind (the Robot Masters because they ran out of airboards). Meanwhile, Xander creates his own Genesis Portal into the Lost Hex base, where they start plotting.

Edited by nobody231
Whoopsies spoilers
  • Thumbs Up 1

These issues have had like Transformers levels of Dull Surprise, its pretty bad.

Just be happy we have Hesse on board for the third act.

Our saving grace after these last four issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel really bad for Ian about this state of this crossover. And it's been said but there's no heart in this crossover, but if I remember correctly the first one had issues in the middle also. The last act is where it'll make this or break this. Here's hoping it makes it worth the lackluster middle we have this time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And since I've mentioned it on Bumbleking, I'll mention it here as well.

Does anyone else feel like Archie's really dropped the ball in terms of Graphic Novels?  In the span of less of a year, we've had a bunch of numerous delays, cancellations, and a massive quality drop from the glossy, nice paper, to the lower quality paper. That's not to mention the completely crazy and random way they've been handling the Saga Series contents, and the delays Enerjak Reborn, Scourge Lockdown, and Silver Saga kept getting, to the point where Enerjak Reborn was given a name change and delayed for months on end.

It might be a budget problem. 

The worst part about that story is in order to get the joke,  you have to read the main series, which is where Sticks stated ''she was looking for spy brooms''. Even then, it's a double edged sword because you can see the joke from a mile away.

Spy Brooms needs to be a Sonic Boom Story in a future publication! Eggman makes Broom Bots to act as spies, and only Sticks promptly breaks hers in two, but it becomes TWO Broom Bots, with arms! Then they keep splitting, until an army of them chase after Sticks, who shouts "THE GOVERNMENT SENT SPY BROOMS TO TAKE ME AWAY!!" Then Sonic would just say "Worse, it's Eggman."
guile_s_sonic_boom__now_with_logo__by_yo

Fixed the Sonic Boom Gag! We just need Sticks to suddenly ask Guile "Did you just call out your move using the Sonic Boom Logo?! We did the Logo gag back in Sonic Boom #1!" Only for Sonic to suddenly question why this is occurring.

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I feel bad for the many characters in WU. They may have a line or two to say, but other than that they’re just…there. 

New spoiler image is here! 

tumblr_nqx23tLoI21qlcib9o1_1280.jpg

I was honestly kinda hoping it was Sonic that would travel to Skies of Arcadia world just to have him and Vyse fight together for a bit, and then one of them go "I feel as if we met before..." as a little nod to issue #45 of Universe

Edited by Mysterion
  • Thumbs Up 6

Yeah seems like Skies of Arcadia and Street Fighter are gonna get the most focused, which is a tad sad. It's expected, but sad.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I haven't read the WU comics as of yet but eventually, but for some reason I probably won't really enjoy it like WC.

I feel bad for the many characters in WU. They may have a line or two to say, but other than that they’re just…there. 

Yeah seems like Skies of Arcadia and Street Fighter are gonna get the most focused, which is a tad sad. It's expected, but sad.

I sort of had a feeling something like that was going to happen. I mean, is it really possible to give THAT many characters enough screen focus, even if its like more than a page, in the span of like 12 issues?

Yeah there was no way they could give every franchise enough screentime, they had to choose either one or the other to focus on. They just went too big with this crossover.

Yesh these off panels have pretty much gotten worse over the last few months. They used to be funny but now there just there.

Give them time, There will be an off-panel with Boom Sonic lamenting why he wasn't a part of the crossover, much like Jet the Hawk did, last time. Maybe an off-panel with Stylish Blade-Master Alastor doing what he does best at the end: Complain! "Aw, come on! Help a brother out!"