Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Uh, why would she be there? Whether you go with Lupe being based off Native American or Mayan (as the comic did later), she's still somewhere in the Americas. Conquering Storm is in Asia. 

I suppose since the story promotion's themed around lightning and storms. The idea of a Chinatown place'd be nice, but I really doubt we'd go that direction considering the repulse in using real-world inspiration beyond a basic vague notion of the continents.

At this point, I can't be bothered to care. Ian has been dragging this thing out for far too long, and any excitement I might've had has long been replaced with apathy. The reason why this whole damned thing has been dragged out for so long is that Ian had a clusterfuck of story-arcs going all over the place, and he written himself in a tight little corner.

Quite frankly, I don't care one iota about the old continuity. It was a mess due to politics, drama, and almost 20 years of inept writing and world-building. The new one is far cleaner, far better thought out, and devoid of bullshit outside of dumb crap that SEGA itself imposes. It's been two years at this point, and I'm more than ready to move on.

Edited by shdowhunt60

At this point, I can't be bothered to care. Ian has been dragging this thing out for far too long, and any excitement I might've had has long been replaced with apathy. The reason why this whole damned thing has been dragged out for so long is that Ian had a clusterfuck of story-arcs going all over the place, and he written himself in a tight little corner.

Quite frankly, I don't care one iota about the old continuity. It was a mess due to politics, drama, and almost 20 years of inept writing and world-building. The new one is far cleaner, far better thought out, and devoid of bullshit outside of dumb crap that SEGA itself imposes. It's been two years at this point, and I'm more than ready to move on.

Dude, he writes comic books for a living (and up until recently, he was writing three monthly books and was one of the main writers for a fourth). I'm pretty sure his job takes precedence over a series of notes about a dead continuity he's doing on the side for free when he doesn't have to make it at all.

If you don't care, you're pretty much set and you can just keep on enjoying the newer material, like most of us have been doing this whole time anyway.

Need I also add that Ian was actually cleaning up and organizing that mess the old continuity had when he took over. And it's not like those waiting for LHT haven't moved on either, but at any rate...

Ch. 1 of LHT by the end of October?

I'm gonna hold you to that Ian. I've been waiting all this time to see what could have been, so here's hoping you pull through.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a question. I got a two year subscription back in February this year. The last issue I got in the mail was #274 back in July. Haven't gotten one since. Is the delivery usually slow? Should I complain to someone?

I'm a huge fan of the new continuity! The old one was raelly hit-or-miss...some good stories, some cheesy ones, and some really cliche licensed-cartoon-action-character stories as well, but I enjoyed it. Loving the new stories to bits, tho!!

I heard there was a potential that the Sonic Underground epilogue might be in Lost Hedgehog Tales, which would be realyl exciting to read!

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I like her, I'd prefer if alternate multiverses stick to themselves

Agreed.

Sticks is the postergirl for the Boom series. Adding her to the main continuities would make Boom a lot less special.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, out of all the characters exclusive to Boom, Sticks is the only one that really sticks (heh) out. Add her to the main series, and what remaining exclusives make Boom unique?

Every major Sonic incarnation has one or two unique characters that really make it what it is, for better or worse. Underground has Manic and Sonia. X has Chris, Cosmo, and Eggman's atrocious robot lackeys. Fleetway has Porker and Johnny. Post-reboot Archie has Eclipse, Relic, and the Egg Bosses.

Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver might be good characters for an occasional joke, but Sticks is the one that really defines Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

But given that Boom is about to cease printing, why leave Sticks to cease along with it rather than continue to remain relevant in the comics by being part of the Main Series?

If Sticks is the only thing that stands out and defines Boom, I'd say it would be a bigger waste to not make use of it in another setting where it could potentially benefit from her being around. 

For the record, I'm really indifferent to Sticks and wouldn't really miss her in the long run, but I wouldn't bar her from joinging the main comic series if the opportunity arose and would very well welcome it to see what she could bring to a setting with a greater narrative focus. Plus, shouldn't the character herself stand strong on her own rather than what series she's in? Boom wouldn't be any less special just because Sticks is part of another series - it would still be how it is whether Sticks is exclusive to it or not, because Boom handles its world differently to begin with compared to other series, much the same as Archie Sonic handles itself differently from Game Sonic even tho they're both Sonic. It's the entire universe of the work that should make something unique, not just the characters.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 5

Sonic's coloring on those covers bothers me. On the second ones he has the correct darker blue, but on all of the final covers, he's nearly teal.

Sonic's coloring on those covers bothers me. On the second ones he has the correct darker blue, but on all of the final covers, he's nearly teal.

Might be because of the lighting effects, since there's lightning on that 277 cover. As for the last one, yeah, I think they overdid it with the blue there...

the use of the gradients makes him look metallic, and there's not enough contrast, which also helps with the metallic feel.. That's basically it.

Might be wrong since it's just a facebook post from someone that mistook her for a fox.  Besides, didn't Vin say that she would return with a new Wolf Pack?

Whatever the case, I'm really liking Lupe's redesign. In general, she looks and feels more like she belongs in the Sonic universe, and looks more like the Sega!Sonic style while still sporting her regular design. It's much better than how Steven Butler drew her IMO.

latest?cb=20101014011244

• Thumbs Up 3