Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Silver was a good part of Silver Age, as was his dynamic with Von Schlemmer. But the rest is just mediocre.

As for that quote, not only was it overused here and came off as annoying despite the calling out (again, similar to Chaotix Quest where the Computer Room became grinding despite someone calling it out), he proceeds to use it himself after that page anyway!

• Thumbs Up 1

you think silver would have said that during sonic universe 75, i mean siver age was realeased AFTER but it takes place before, sonic universe 75

10 hours ago, Tracker said:

SonicMegaDrive-1-web-aad11.jpg

Now THAT is cover art!

For a minute I thought SEGA did the cover art.. IT LOOKS AMAZING!

7 hours ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

It requires six master emeralds to run?

You mean the Chaos Emeralds? 

3 hours ago, Detective Panda said:

In other news, Archie have finally given Sonic 279 a solid release date. March 23rd.

Super.

tumblr_inline_o339euDlXf1taxesp_540.png

Also, I hope there wont be further delays to the rest of the issues and this Megadrive one as well! -_-

3 hours ago, Detective Indigo said:

Some artwork by Tyson Hesse:

CcBpG4sUMAErqSs.jpg

I would expect the comic to look like this.

I'm pumped.

https://twitter.com/boxerhockey/status/702677109890641920/photo/1

*Squees over classic Sonic*

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Detective Zebra said:

You mean the Chaos Emeralds? 

No, I was referencing that the game gear needed 6 AA batteries to run, but we've already got over six chaos emeralds.

I think the only thing that disappoints me with this is that it isn't a mini-series. I would love to have a 3-4 issue arc that was just a whole new adventure.

Ya know, I can't say the artstyle interests me that much...which is funny, because I freaking grew up with it as a child. But I can get by it nowadays by thinking of it as his younger self. :P

One of the things I really hope for is Eggman remaining a threatening villain, but I doubt that's much to worry about here. Yeah it's been said a lot before, but i've noticed that how they treat their villains is a serious make or break as far as to how it gets my interest. I can appreciate a funny villain, but if he ain't got no threatening presence he's not really much of a villain worth being concerned with.

EDIT: Also, I would stress how they treat Knuckles, but Archie has been the most respectful toward the character than how he's depicted in the games. So I can trust them to give him a strong reason for being around in addition to keeping aspects of his character intact, such as the Master Emerald. Otherwise, I'm raising hell. ;)

1 hour ago, SilverStarN64 said:

You should've already had SU Issue 82 on January 13, 2016.

Okay, so SU82 is officially out. I forgot.

SU82 was due in November, #83 in December, #84 in January, #85 in this month, and #86 in March, and #87 in April.

STH279 was due in December, #280 in January, #281 in this month, #282 in March, #283 in April, and #284 in May.

All we got from the main issues was SU82. The only other thing I remember us getting was Razor's Comic Origin in SSD15 (Google Play has the full story as a free preview along with some extra stuff).

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

When has a Change.org petition ever done anything remotely productive? Archie knows its pissed off its readership - ESPECIALLY the Sonic fans. I've really gotten incredibly tired of seeing Change.org all over the place; it's gotten beyond irritating.

8 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

I don't mean to be rude, but an online petition is not going to fix whatever internal issues Archie is having with getting these books out.

The situation is frustrating for all of us, especially those that are paying subscribers, but there is little we're going to be able to do on our end at this point but deal with them until Archie sorts it out. It sucks, but that's how it is.

Remember, it's not just Sonic books, but several other Archie books as well. It seems like the company is hurting for money. 

BTW, I'm getting the feeling that Jon Gray may have left Archie. On Twitter, he's been talking about getting out of a toxic relationship (and he's been single for awhile) and has begun going back to working on his own indie comic, Chip and Walter as he seems to have a lot more free time. Then again, a three month delay would give anyone a lot more free time.

2 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Yes, I'm sure that Archie is completely unaware that people are annoyed by this situation. In fact I hardly believe that they purposely not releasing their best selling book, just to get more money. After all, not selling your product is best way to profit.

Okay...I should've been more specific about my last post. The quote I was ACTUALLY referring to was "I'm getting REALLY sick of people saying that." He was basically breaking the fourth wall and got fed up with other people using his trademark meme quote over and over again. It was REALLY satisfying and I couldn't just ignore it. But anyway, here's some art of the Tralius Egg Boss and the Battle Kukku XV by Adam Bryce Thomas:

digital_sketch_by_adambrycethomas-d9ot7m

eggy_s_dozen_sketch_by_adambrycethomas-d

digital_sketches_by_adambrycethomas-d9oh

3 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

I like this. This is a cause I can believe in.

I'll sign it once I'm finished with the one for everyone to stop being mean to each other and the one proposing we send Donald Trump into space so his hair can be reunited with its family on Alpha Centauri.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Also, here's an unpopular opinion. I don't understand why so may people were disappointed about the "Silver Age" arc. People keep talking about the negatives but NOT the POSITIVES. I honestly thought that arc managed to redeem Silver in the BEST way possible. I'm glad he has friends that aren't villains trying to manipulate him (i.e. Future Mogul and Mephiles) Post-Reboot Silver has proven himself to be more MATURE and COMPETENT(which is similar to his "Sonic Rivals" portrayal, minus the douchey attitude) opposed to his Pre-Reboot counterpart where he continuously made dumb decisions, and I couldn't take him seriously at all (aside from his fight against Enerjak and becoming the leader of the Secret Freedom Fighters). I understand you guys thought that Gold was a little boring, but guess what? She only showed up in 3 issues! It's kind of unfair to judge someone that JUST made an appearance in a new arc, because she wasn't even the main focus of the story. Most people said the same thing about Eclipse during Shadow Fall, but when he got his own Universe arc, people started to appreciate him more. EVERYONE has POTENTIAL to grow as a character, and I believe that Evan Stanley will do an amazing job developing her in future stories. The whole PURPOSE of this arc was introducing the readers to Silver's new future and developing Silver's character (which a lot of people on here don't even mention anything about him at all). However, I could care less about the Onyx City Council because they're even more bland and generic than the Deadly Six. As for the Second Devourer's ORIGINS, I believe that may have something to do with GENESIS NEXUS (the secret dimension Sticks was talking about at the end of Worlds Unite, it's pretty damn logical if you ask me) Professor Von Schlemmer and the Bits were very funny and adorable. Alongside Sonic Universe Issue 75 and the Sonic FCBD 2015, Silver was a total BADASS and is extremely likeable.

One last thing...how come no one ever mentioned Silver's BEST QUOTE?! (This moment right here is a giant middle finger to all the Silver haters and Sonic 06 in general).

silver_meme_humor_by_metroxlr99-d9fpwos.

Seriously, IT'S NO USE trying to deny that this was Silver's most BADASS thing he ever did.

Honestly the thing I don't get is why people were upset not everything was tied up (Apparently that's also an issue with GOTF) despite the fact it's a mystery that Evan clearly has planned for way more than this one arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I like this. This is a cause I can believe in.

I'll sign it once I'm finished with the one for everyone to stop being mean to each other and the one proposing we send Donald Trump into space so his hair can be reunited with its family on Alpha Centauri.

<_< Thanks for the feedback. Didn't mean to offend everyone's beliefs that Archie or Sega won't listen or anything. Jesus

Its just an attempt to get their attention. I wasn't aware it was considered utterly futile

9 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Also, here's an unpopular opinion. I don't understand why so may people were disappointed about the "Silver Age" arc. People keep talking about the negatives but NOT the POSITIVES. I honestly thought that arc managed to redeem Silver in the BEST way possible. I'm glad he has friends that aren't villains trying to manipulate him (i.e. Future Mogul and Mephiles) Post-Reboot Silver has proven himself to be more MATURE and COMPETENT(which is similar to his "Sonic Rivals" portrayal, minus the douchey attitude) opposed to his Pre-Reboot counterpart where he continuously made dumb decisions, and I couldn't take him seriously at all (aside from his fight against Enerjak and becoming the leader of the Secret Freedom Fighters). I understand you guys thought that Gold was a little boring, but guess what? She only showed up in 3 issues! It's kind of unfair to judge someone that JUST made an appearance in a new arc, because she wasn't even the main focus of the story. Most people said the same thing about Eclipse during Shadow Fall, but when he got his own Universe arc, people started to appreciate him more. EVERYONE has POTENTIAL to grow as a character, and I believe that Evan Stanley will do an amazing job developing her in future stories. The whole PURPOSE of this arc was introducing the readers to Silver's new future and developing Silver's character (which a lot of people on here don't even mention anything about him at all). However, I could care less about the Onyx City Council because they're even more bland and generic than the Deadly Six. As for the Second Devourer's ORIGINS, I believe that may have something to do with GENESIS NEXUS (the secret dimension Sticks was talking about at the end of Worlds Unite, it's pretty damn logical if you ask me) Professor Von Schlemmer and the Bits were very funny and adorable. Alongside Sonic Universe Issue 75 and the Sonic FCBD 2015, Silver was a total BADASS and is extremely likeable.

One last thing...how come no one ever mentioned Silver's BEST QUOTE?! (This moment right here is a giant middle finger to all the Silver haters and Sonic 06 in general).

silver_meme_humor_by_metroxlr99-d9fpwos.

Seriously, IT'S NO USE trying to deny that this was Silver's most BADASS thing he ever did.

Too answer your question: mystery without answer isn't very interesting, so I can't call it a positive (yet). Sure there are other part to mystery (like build up), but in this department Silver Age doesn't work me me neither.

So if I ignore mystery then most parts are generic: Gold, Apocaliptic Future, "Domino" Council, Monster of the week (nicely design monster of the week, but still a random monster of the week). And no, I don't like this Silver better the Preboot. I don't hate him, I just don't think much about him either. He's just a good guy, that's it. Sure the Preboot Silver was a dummy, but I felt his pain of living in dead world, I sympathized with him being lost. Reboot Silver doesn't have those problems (at least yet). I will admit that Schlemmer was fun.

And finally that line. I will deny it's badassness. Why? Because it's still USING that meme. And in very next issue Silver almost says it again.

Archie Sonic needs to throw a little less meme jokes at us. And I don't think Stanley is agreeing with me. Off Panels in SU 81&82 were wrote by her and both are random memes. If they were funny on their own rights, that would be fine, but anyone who didn't got the idea will be like "umm, it's random, so haha I guess?".

And just to make it clear, I don't say that references based humor is bad. But in in most examples I can think of (Nostalgia Critic, Zero Punctuation, Simpsons) I laughed even if I didn't knew who were they talking about.

18 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

<_< Thanks for the feedback. Didn't mean to offend everyone's beliefs that Archie or Sega won't listen or anything. Jesus

Its just an attempt to get their attention. I wasn't aware it was considered utterly futile

Well I just think it's unnecessary. They want those comics out as much as you do, there is no need to bother them.

But sorry if we were to harsh.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

See SEGA? This is how you properly handle nostalgia. You take a old idea, and you do something new with it. Why are the comics getting this right, but you aren't?

Posts that are written like the poster is speaking to a company as if they're one person are the most unintentionally hilarious posts. I just imagine someone talking to a picture of a logo.

23 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

Posts that are written like the poster is speaking to a company as if they're one person are the most unintentionally hilarious posts. I just imagine someone talking to a picture of a logo.

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

• Thumbs Up 3