Awoo.

A Sonic Arcade Game Spotted on Ebay

SABRINA

Anybody know about this? Saw it on Ebay for $950 Buy it Now price.

Is this the one with Ray the Squirrel on it or is this a different one?

either way, looks cool

here's a pic.

ad8f_1.JPG

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SABRINA

• Flyboy Fox

• Phil

• Lukar

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't look anything like the machine I played it on, it looks more like a pinball machine o.o Could be though... At first I thought it was a pic of Ray on the side, but it's just a Golden pic of Sonic... oh well. :P

I've heard of this but I don't know where I heard it from because it's been so long (POSSIBLY Sonic Gear). That gold coin motif on the side of the machine jogged my memory because of it's distinctness as well as laughable blue arms Sonic.

It is a machine that has a wide 'belt' inside it with various things printed on the belt. The 'belt' moves and I think you flip coins onto certain prizes printed on the belt or into holes on the belt. There's other arcade machines of this type but for all the arcades i've been in, they're not a common machine.

EDIT: Good description on this page. I was close but it seems a pinball-like machine too.

Edited by verte

The one I'm most interested in is the Sonic and Tails Spinner (on page 2 of Verte's link). They had one at SEGAWorld in the London Trocadero, but alas it disappeared shortly after SEGAWorld became FunLand and a lot of the SEGA machines were replaced by other games.

I did ask around and even wrote to the game manager about where it had gone, but didn't get anywhere. I would have willingly bought it from them. One of the few things I really want to add to my Sonic collection that I don't (yet) have is an arcade machine. Preferably that one.

Heh, I remember that. I played it in a bowling alley way back when. Jackpot on my first try. B)

By the way, I can tell that that isn't the one with Ray the Flying Squirrel. That one was an actual video game in an arcade machine, whereas this one looks more like a pinball machine.

Looks really awesome, I wouldn't mind tht in my house any day.

Too bad arcade machines are rare and that, they all cost a fortune.

Edited by Phil

There's a Sonic-themed arcade... machine... thing... at one of my local "fun places." (Honestly have no clue what to call them.) I can't remember what it does, but I think it's just pinball.

Cool, I want one of those.

It's too bad there are, like, no more SEGA arcades. That is likely the only place to find something like that.

Woah! I thought I'd never see that again!

They had that at Chuck-E-Cheeses! The only time I ever got a jackpot on that sucker was on my birthday! That was, like, 3 jackpots in a row. I was king!

I remember playing this. It's just a simple coin roll game. Too bad the place that had it has been destroyed for over 3 years.

There's a Sonic-themed arcade... machine... thing... at one of my local "fun places." (Honestly have no clue what to call them.) I can't remember what it does, but I think it's just pinball.

Oh hi Lukar! I didn't know you were on here. You're one of my Deviantart account watchers.

nice to see ya!

Woah! I thought I'd never see that again!

Yeah same here :x. They had one at the old Fun Scape when I was a little kid - I practically lived on that thing haha.

The one I'm most interested in is the Sonic and Tails Spinner

I've seen one recently it was either at the Troc or at Gameworks Cincinatti.

I've seen one recently it was either at the Troc or at Gameworks Cincinatti.

I checked out the Troc top to bottom last time I was there and even asked the staff. If they've put it back, I will have to go there again and attempt to bargain with them o.o I guess I'll have to look into Gameworks, too. Whoo!

I remember playing this. It's just a simple coin roll game. Too bad the place that had it has been destroyed for over 3 years.

Probably why it's on ebay. cant find a home for it now.

I remember playing some type of Sonic arcade game when I was younger.

All it was was a roulette type kind of game where if your spinner landed on a certain spot, you'd get a certain amount of tickets.

They have the regular Sonic spinner in the arcade at the place I go to on holiday. I should have tried to steal it. D=

Heh, I remember playing that all the time at this one arcade nearby. Actually, I think they might still have it there.

Anyway, it's nothing to get too excited about. You just put in a quarter (or token or whatever) and you get tickets depending on where it lands. Oh, and it will randomly play the Sonic 3 title screen music, which is pretty cool.

Ahh, I want iiiit! I don't have $950 right now though ;_; I came across this arcade game over a year ago, so it's been on ebay quite a while. Even if the price was lower I still wouldn't be able to have it as I have no room for it =[ Oh well, I still have my Sonic fruit machine and to me that's just as good :]