Awoo.

Does anyone care about this game?

Badnik Mechanic

I'll buy the game once it's gone down in price. So I won't be buying Kinect, I at least want to have it in my collection.

Also this topic has had 25 replies, making it tied for 3rd largest. Nobody cares.

Edited by Blue Blood

Everyone seems to think Kinect, and by association, Free Riders, will be shit and flop. So no, I doubt many people will buy this game. It's sad that a lot of people won't give it a chance, but then, I kind of can't blame them.

Well if it had an controller option then I would be definitely buying the game but it doesn't have it so I will be avoiding the game much like I am avoiding Kinect. I will just keep playing Sonic Riders Zero Gravity with my Gamecube controller instead I need to finish the Babylon Rogues story off anyway :P =)

Edited by Crash

It depends on one major factor. I need to buy a 1200 dollar keytar before Roland quits manufacturing them, so I need to make forty dollars a month to pay to guitarcenter.com. Also, I need to make sure that I make money for the 3DS the day it comes out. So I may just have to get Kinect for Christmas. There is the possibility that I may buy the game itself the day it comes out.

I do really want this game though. Out of the 4 announced games, this is the one I am most excited for.

Edited by Edge

Yes!

I for one am actually going to buy Sonic Free Riders on day one, alongside a Kinect and possibly even that "new" Xbox 360 that Microsoft keeps touting around. I liked the first two Riders titles, and this one appears to be more of the same, albeit with a motion controlled gimmick and some shiny new HD graphics. I'm also looking forward to it for the chance to hear the plethora of new voice actors making their debut in that game - stuff that I'd rather hear firsthand rather than from some icky compressed YouTube video.

Oh, not to mention that it's got loads and loads of characters not seen in the other two upcoming games with the possibility of DLC stuffs! And there are few things more satisfying in life than throwing ridiculous amounts of money at SEGA for pointless DLC.

Microsoft have said today that their first party Kinect games will be £39.99, so I expect the same with third party titles.

Actually, I expect games like Free Riders to be $50 (like 33 GBP or something like that) since over here in the states first party games for the PS3 and 360 are $60 (39 GBP) and every Sonic game on the PS3 and 360 ever are $50.

Yes!

I for one am actually going to buy Sonic Free Riders on day one, alongside a Kinect and possibly even that "new" Xbox 360 that Microsoft keeps touting around. I liked the first two Riders titles, and this one appears to be more of the same, albeit with a motion controlled gimmick and some shiny new HD graphics. I'm also looking forward to it for the chance to hear the plethora of new voice actors making their debut in that game - stuff that I'd rather hear firsthand rather than from some icky compressed YouTube video.

Oh, not to mention that it's got loads and loads of characters not seen in the other two upcoming games with the possibility of DLC stuffs! And there are few things more satisfying in life than throwing ridiculous amounts of money at SEGA for pointless DLC.

Ah, your right! I forgot all about DLC and the new actors. I guess I'm just going to pass on the Keytar for now then. I'll get Kinect. I'll probably just sell a bunch of games to make some quick cash.

Edited by Edge

I think it's really hard to get excited for a game when it's for something that nobody in the general public has yet to try out. It's just another peripheral to buy, and shelling out $200 just to play this one game isn't in anybody's best interests.

Naw, dawg.

I don't even have a 360, let alone a Kinect. (PS3 is where it's at.)

And I'm not a Riders fan. I barely even played the first one. If I ever get the chance to play it anywhere, sure I'll try it out, but it's NOT worth investing in a whole new console.

Edited by Sapphire

I was strongly considering it, then they had the whole bit about new VAs, so I'm going to get it just for that reason. I'd be far too impatient to wait for Youtube uploads, especially when no one else is willing to get the game. I'll probably cancel my preorder for that Super Sonic statue, since I could actually justify a $150 console purchase, instead of a $191 statue purchase.

Plus I already have a 360 and that Dance Central game looks cool, so yeah.

Edited by Aquaslash

I was going to buy this but after seeing the price of what kinect is going to be I will hold this off. It looks very entertaining, and you can get a lot of exercise in with this game. I wonder if it will follow on from Zero Gravity or if it will have a brand new story. Well when Kinect goes down in price within the next 10 years I might then consider it.

Kinect will sell well this holiday, but after the hype dies down and people see the library of games for it I fully expect it to fail.

I reckon by this time next year Kinect will have halved in price at the least. At that point I'll pick one up, along with Child of Eden and Sonic Free Riders.

It's the same thing as the HD-DVD drive, really. I bought one of those with twelve movies for 25 dollars.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ack, £130 for Kinect!? That does put a shit in the haystack.

I WAS planning to buy Kinect just for this, but now I'm really in a bind. I got a 360 simply because Unleashed was coming out, but Unleashed was a much bigger deal than Riders 3 is, especially because unlike buying 360 for Unleashed, there WERE other 360 games I wanted. With Kinect I haven't seen anything else I'm interested in. If they suddenly announce regular controller support too I would be very happy now.

Each Riders game progressively becomes less of a racing game and more of some kind of strange slalom like exercise in hitting all the gimmicks that make you go faster.

Damn, I've tried so hard to sum up why I liked ZG less than the first game, but you just did it perfectly. Nice.

Edited by JezMM

The moment this game is released, about a hundred pages of denouncing/praising/debating/ranting/arguing/flaming stuff about the voice actors will occur, and then the game will have had its moment of limelight and will fall off the fanbase's radar with the release of Colours and the announcement of the anniversary game.

For most of Kinect's first months, most buyers of the thing (children) will probably get Free Riders. It'll sell enough copies for Sega to turn a minimal profit (hopefully) and then it'll fall off the face of the earth.

• 1 month later...

I do care for this game, and I am sure I will be able to have a chance to play it once I get my hands on the Kinect when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll admit I'm not all over the development of this game and am not big into the Riders series, but since I pre-ordered Kinect and this looks to be one of the better launch titles I'll put the official "I CARE" on this title. Also, I like the possibility of other SEGA characters showing up. B)

As much as the prospect of playable riding Robotnik errr... I mean Robotnik riding in this game (and how much I seethe to see him shafted with just bikes again) is enough to make the biggest Eggman fan wet their SA-55 licensed underwear, but it is not enough because they had left out their core demographic which are Nintendo players (E.G. me.)

Also you have Sonic Colors which is a mighty big dragon to go up against.

So I will either wait until XBox runs a lower price with Kinect, or just sigh wistfully, shoving a spoonful of Chef Boyardee ravioli into my mouth while watching YouTube uploads of Robotnik going FULL THROTTLE!!1! on everyone's furry ass.

I am going to say the latter.

Edited by Kintobor

Uh. No. I don't care about this game. In my opinion, it's an attempt to cash in on the people that will buy this game outright and want to pretend to be skateboarding/airboarding/whatever. I believe games like this came out for the EyeToy at its launch too.

I'm psyched for the game but it's unpopularity is bound to happen. With what it is competing with anyway. I'm pretty sure it is because Sonic 4 promises a continuity to the best thing on the Genesis. Sonic Colors promises to get the series back on track... And what was it that Sonic Free Riders promised? Being for kinect?

Watch Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors tank and Sonic Free Riders redeem the series into another golden age. Stranger things have happened.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do care a little bit. Just give us a damn trailer! I'm sick of it just being gameplay, give us a trailer already! Although I do not own a 360 and I wouldn't cart out so much money for all this, I am interested to see footage when its up. Mostly the soundtrack (Top Ungravitify? Hard pushed) and the voices (Who is Jet? Who is Shadow?)

I would certainly care a lot more about this game if it wasn't for Kinect only.

But aside from the fact that I'm not planning to get Kinect, it doesn't look like this game is going to have a story. For the 2 other Riders games, we had a trailer with cutscene extracts as soon as the game was announced...

The only way I'd get this game is if my family gets the Kinect. And only if I have more than just this game to get, as playing the Kinect just for one game would be silly. I think even my family knows not to buy things like the Kinect without having plans to buy more than one game.

Damn, I've tried so hard to sum up why I liked ZG less than the first game, but you just did it perfectly. Nice.

I find it interesting that you agree with me on this because it's basically the same problem I have with Adventure 2, Heroes, and Unleashed. The player's role is to get the character to the next booster of whatever variety.

Butr to add some more to this thread, I bought Zero Gravity based on a picture of that water track because I could not identify what constituted the track surface. The tracks weren't quite as outlandish as I was expecting, but they were a strong point to the game.

I want it but I don't have Xbox or Kinect, they both seem like a hassle to buy.

But i love how the game looks :( the game play is silly but I like running and moving so its ok.