Awoo.

Games you've always wanted to play but never have

Crystal Kingfisher

Gabz, I soo didn't see that coming! Speaking of that game, I never played it (except the demo) and it did look like a great game to play.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crystal Kingfisher

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Mollfie

• Phos

There quite a lot of games that come to mind. One of them are the King of the Fighters series. I always wanted to play it. I just found recently that there's a collection out for the PS2. I'm going to pick it up as soon as I get money again. I was just browsing in GameStop one day and I saw that a KoF collection was made. I couldn't believe it. I was waiting for SNK to release it. I have their other collections in library and KoF will look good there.

The Mega Man X series are another series of games I've been dying to play, but I just never got around to it. I've played just about all of the other Mega Man games before it. Mega Man X, I read some negative reviews on it. However that doesn't make me totally believe it and not want to play it. I want to play it for myself to see if it's any good. I presume they're excellent games and they're worthwhile.

NiGHTS into Dreams.

I think I won't try it even if I get the chance now though. I really didn't enjoy Journey of Dreams

and if what I hear is true, It's pretty much identical to NiD.

WarioWare Touched. It's like... impossible to find now.

*sniff* Breath of Fire 4 and 5...

The Bof series is like my favorite series of all time, yet i've never played the last two....

And while i'm at it, GIVE US A BREATH OF FIRE 6 DAMNIT CAPCOM!

End whiny fanboy mode.

NiGHTS into Dreams.

I think I won't try it even if I get the chance now though. I really didn't enjoy Journey of Dreams

and if what I hear is true, It's pretty much identical to NiD.

JoD is very different. JoD is slower, by that I mean NiGHTS has a lower top speed and burns through drill dash energy at a ridiculous rate. This problem is compounded by the environments being unnecessarily big. NiGHTS also has much better physics, JoD NiGHTS seems to just go in whatever direction you push the stick, NiD NiGHTS doesn't completely defy the laws of inertial and has a bit of a turning radius to it. In terms of controls, it's like comparing Sonic Adventure (or alternatively, my hypothetical Sonic game) to Sonic 06.

Instead of having Persona masks, NiGHTS's base form can do everything it needs to, and the transformation to underwater travel is a lot smoother, NiGHTS just grows fins and keeps going.

Seriously, just flying around is a joy in NiGHTS into Dreams. I got a good deal, I got a Saturn, a regular controller, a 3D controller, a Netlink, and NiGHTS into Dreams for like $10 on Ebay. This was a while back, and I think they go for a bit more now, but you can probably be up and running for less than the price of a new game.

To put it simply, NiGHTS into Dreams... is to JoD as Sonic 1 is to Sonic Genesis, apart from the sound. JoD has an excellent soundtrack and uses most of the same sound effects from the original.

Theres not much really, normally if I ever wanna try a game I just go out and buy it... Is why I have such a stupidly big collection... Although... I do wanna play Tales of Vesperia but who only knows when it will FINALLY be released over here, also want to play Culdcept Saga but we're never getting it over here =(

Sonic's Gameworld. For the past few years I've been very interested in playing this game, it looks awesome, I've never been able to find an emulator to play it on though. =( I actually own the game, but I need to get a SEGA Pico to play it on, they're usually quite expensive on ebay though. >.<

SEGASONIC Arcade. I'd LOVE to play this game, I tried downloading an emulator to play it on, but it never worked once I downloaded it. -_- I'm probably gonna wait and play it when I add it to my Sonic collection someday, it's very high on my wanted list.

Sonic Jam. Another Sonic game I've always wanted to play ever since I first saw it in a video on Sonic Mega Collection, yet I've never got round to getting it. I've always thought all the unlockable stuff looks interesting.

Sonic Battle. I never got this game when it first came out because I've never been much of a fan of fighting games, now I really want to try it out, but I'm too lazy to download the ROM of it. =P

NiGHTS into Dreams and Christmas NiGHTS. I've been meaning to get these games for years but I've never gotten round to it because they're usually not cheap enough for my liking. They're the kind of games I'd like to get if they were £1-£3 each or something. I've heard alot about them, I enjoyed NiGHTS Journey of Dreams so I'd like to play the originals.

Pokemon Ranger. I've been meaning to get this game since it first came out, I've always thought it looks fun and I've been telling myself ever since it came out I need to get it asap, but since I don't spend my money on games I've never gotten round to getting it.

Pokemon Channel. Yes, as crazy as it may sound I've always loved the look of this game, despite all the bad reviews on it. I've just always thought it looks like a very interesting game, but I've just never gotten round to getting it.

I think they're the main ones. I've got others I've always wanted to play, especially some Sonic games, but I won't go listing them all.

3 words, MEGA MAN 9.

I'm going to try to download it on the Wii over the holidays. I've never played a Megaman game before, but I'm really interested in this one. I like how Capcom have decided to go 8-bit for this one, so it's some Nostaliga for the retro gamers and something different for modern gamers.

The games I want to play but never had are:

-Pokemon G/S/C (Everyone I tell this too is shocked for some reason, its only because I wasnt into Pokemon until 2003 and I've played the first generation of Pokemon games because I bought red from a car boot sale and found my brothers old copy of Yellow)

Sonic Rivals 1/2 (Only Sonic games I havent played)

Mario 64 DS (Because I wanted to play through Mario 64 as Luigi)

Megaman 9 (Still need to get round to buying it)

Luigis Mansion (Didnt have a gamecube on its release and I havent been able to track down a copy)

Jet Set Radio future: This game apparently got no promotion whatsoever and up until a while ago I didn't even know it existed, I have a 360 that can probably play it but I've yet to see it in any second hand game stores.

The Fire Pro Wrestling series: There's been a huge amount of ranting and raving about these games on the internet and I've been keen to try them out. Problem is, most of them were never translated from japanese and if they were they never came to europe.

Banjo-Tooie: I'm holding out on playing this until I complete the original game, and it goes on Xbox Live.

Knuckles Chaotix on a console: I've played the game itself on my PC many times and loved it, but damn it I hate emulators. I'd love to actually play the game without the crackling sound and random crashing that pop up sometimes.

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2: Another couple of games I never tried whilst my PS2 was functional, they get a lot of good press on the internet and I'm a fairly big fan of the Disney characters that appear in it.

Katamari Damacy/We Love Katamari: The only Katamari game I've played is Beautiful Katamari for the 360, and it really strikes me as a bit too tricky and aimed towards experienced players which I am not. So I figure it would be a good idea to start from the first PS2 games; and they got more favourable reviews as well so what the hey.

Elite Beat Agents: Everybody seems to love this game and praise how unique it is, but it's another one I've never experienced as I've never actually saw it for sale anywhere.

Space Channel 5 part 2: As the Dreamcast version of this wasn't released in Europe (and I never knew the PS2 version existed) I had to miss out on this, I enjoyed the original a lot so it was quite a shame.

And up until recently Sonic Shuffle: I was quite curious about this game for some time and I played it for the first time a few days ago. It didn't strike as bad but I did get quite bored, I'll probably play it some more later. :P

Edited by Tombi

^ Katamari are some of my favourite games ever. Space Channel 5 is hard, but really fun. I don't like Kingdom Hearts, I find it really boring >__< but that's just me, I know tons of people who adore it.

Gabz you HAVE to play Bioshock!!!

I want to play MM too, I have played a little but need to continue.

I'd really like to play Sonic CD one day. Nice quirky take on the formula Mega Drive/Genesis games.

oooh I still after all these years want to play sonic Jam, I remembering seeing all these previews in magazines when I was younger but I never owned a sega saturn so I could never play it :C I was hoping they'd at least try and recreate that format with the collection games.

Also another game I really want to play is Dead space and Mass effect, both these games have gotten critical acclaim yet I've never been able to bring myself into buying them.

I wouldn't mind playing Sonic 06 just to se how unplayable it actually is, and play Unleashed properly (more than the Apotos demo lol), shame I am not willing to get a PS3/Xbox360 just for those 2 games :P

I wouldn't mind playing Sonic 06 just to se how unplayable it actually is

It's really not THAT unplayable (with the exception of the snowboarding part), just cheap and shodily constructed.

I've been wanting to play Disgaea 3 for an awfully long time. It looks good from what I saw...

Let's see... I might want to try that Sonic 06 game regardless on how crappy it is. Just for fun you know.

Katamari Damacy/We Love Katamari: The only Katamari game I've played is Beautiful Katamari for the 360, and it really strikes me as a bit too tricky and aimed towards experienced players which I am not. So I figure it would be a good idea to start from the first PS2 games; and they got more favourable reviews as well so what the hey.

I've only played Beautiful Katamari as well. But still, even though BK is the only Katamari game I've played at the moment, I still finished the game.