Awoo.

ARTWORK: Swiss' Arena of Artwork

Swiss

WELCOME!

[EDIT: I've thrown out most of my old 'artwork' (including all of my old Sonic stuff that I have to hand) since it's a shambles and now I've learned how to use programs properly. >.<]

For now though, here's some of my better non-Sonic-related stuff...

Earthworm_Kirby_by_Sinister_Swiss.png

My dream Kirby copy, Earthworm Kirby! If only they'd put Jim into Smash Bros....probably my oldest piece of art that I don't mind showing, this was when I was starting to get to grips with Photoshop fo' rizzle.

Shaggy__Is_That_You__by_Sinister_Swiss.p

I'd hardly call this one artwork, but thought I'd post it since it got a few laughs around the forum while it was my Avatar a while back.

More will soon come. with more Sonic stuff to boot.

Edited by Swiss

• 5 months later...

More artwork, starting with my most recent Sonic piece, made for TSS' Christmas Carol Competition:

sonicchristmas.png

My first real go at getting an 'official' look down. I definitely like how it turned out, but I much prefer doing my own styles.

This is actually just an edit of my super-secret image used for a recently-revealed project, but my original image won't be unveiled until the New Year by a member of this very forum...wait and see! I had to use this instead of creating an entirely new one due to spending far too much time thinking up that insanely cheesy Carol to go with it. Still, all in good spirit, eh?

For now, until the New Year comes, here's more 'other' stuff...

This is a character concept I did for a College project about 2 years ago...:

frankfortoriginal.png

...and just recently decided to give the whole thing an overhaul in the form of:

frankfortconcept1comple.png

Same character, different look (using my improved techniques and shiz I've gathered since I made the original).

Here's some enemies I designed to go along with it, I won't post them all since we'd be here forever:

zombiebunny.png

floatys.png

butchbaboon.png

You get the idea... humorously grotesque was what I was going for. They easily could have been more grotesque, but I think they did the job.

Again, there will be more to come! I promise I'll get the other SEGA/Sonic-related stuff up soon. :3

Edited by Swiss
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now the New Year has hit, I can now reveal the 'super-secret' image that was mentioned in the previous post:

sonicaostrio.png

When Doctor MK announced the

Age of Steam fan-fiction project to coincide with 2011's Sonic Relief campaign, he asked members of the forum to create artwork depicting how Badniks might look in the Steampunk style. He also required some form of 'cover' artwork for the project, which is where this image comes in. I requested the opportunity to make this cover from MK in hope that I could make something that would do the project and campaign the justice.

I went for an 'official' look (Sonic Advance-type) and tried my hand at the SA colouring style (which, as you can probably tell didn't comeout perfectly). It turned out better than I expected, especially the shading etc. since that's always my weak point. Knuckles was definitely the most fun to do. OVA Hat FTW!

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks great! So, critique, huh? It looks pretty good to me, but I'll try...

1. I don't like the style of Tails' teeth, I think it would be better if instead of many vertical lines there was just one short one coming from the side. If that makes any sense to you.

2. Why is the inside of Knuckles' socks red?

3. About Sonic. I don't know much about line thicknesses, but shouldn't the lines be thicker in parts that are closer to us, or am I not remembering correctly?

Looks great! So, critique, huh? It looks pretty good to me, but I'll try...

Thanks very much! I'll respond to each individual point by breaking it down:

1. I don't like the style of Tails' teeth, I think it would be better if instead of many vertical lines there was just one short one coming from the side. If that makes any sense to you.

I can see exactly what you mean here. At the time these things aren't noticeable at all, but then several problems crop up a while after it's finished. :P

I might go back and just see what it would look like, actually. I don't usually use the "vertical lines" method anymore, but it just seemed like the right thing to do with Tails at the time. You're definitely right though!

2. Why is the inside of Knuckles' socks red?

I think that I was meant to have it so that part of the inside was actually the inside of his shoe. Again, looking at it now though, it's way too high up to be the shoe.

3. About Sonic. I don't know much about line thicknesses, but shouldn't the lines be thicker in parts that are closer to us, or am I not remembering correctly?

Well that is the case, depending on the style you're using. The main reason I chose to go with just a thicker line (especially with Sonic) was to make the image stand out a little more, sacrificing some fine detail. I thought it would probably be better to have a bolder image and focus on getting the colouring and poses right, rather than worry about the lines themselves too much.

Thanks again for the critique, I'll definitely keep these points in mind! happy.gif

• 10 months later...

Been a while since I updated this, eh? Not that I have much to update with right now. ;___;

v24aj.png

This seems to have gotten way more love than it deserves, so I might as well dump it here. :lol:

mw6Jl.png

This was a failed idea for a sig a while back. I say failed because it was too small for the text to be read clearly. I couldn't be bothered to go back and change it so I just scrapped it. :P

I've got a lot more work I've done/am doing in the pipeline, I'll post them up in the near future. Not that anybody will probably look at it, but I'll do it anyway!

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks man! Hopefully I've been improving with my more recent stuff, and I'm still learning all the time so hopefully it'll translate into my stuff. ^_^

• 3 months later...

I've done a lot of other stuff that I'll probably post up at some point soon, but for now here's one of my Jet Set Radio Contest entries!

Scratch that, it appears the file's gone walkies. I'll update this post when I come across it!

Edited by Swiss

• 4 months later...

It's been quite a while since I've updated this thing, but here's a little something I did (at 2AM this morning, I will add) to show how much less shitty my stuff is nowadays compared to the previous posts before I upload everything I've done up until now:

G8wpn.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd revive this dust-filled heap with...this! Nothin' special, just finally starting to get to grips with Photoshop painting and shizzle:

1aKuRoj.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got quite a big update! These are just some more Luchador designs I've been doing for a University project:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Blimey, been almost a year since I updated this! Had some big things in the pipeline recently, like becoming the co-founder of a new games company, Mutato Games! Here's our first game - made for a 4-day Game Jam in my local city, Norwich - and we're in a competition to win big! All we need are some votes so if you can spare 2 clicks, please head to this link and vote for 'Cut the Mustard'! Give it a play too if you've got some spare time, we like to think it's a good laugh! It'd mean the world to me! ^_^

I'll start updating with more personal stuff again soon, been so busy since September last year that I haven't had much time to do anything!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished my Julian Robotnik speed sculpt! Limited myself to just over an hour on this one, still learning the ropes so it could be better but it's not too bad I hope!

ZR7nc8o.jpg?1

• Thumbs Up 1

Got bored, drew a tiki mask...thing.

Hey look it's the guy from Crash Bandicoot

Nice drawings you've got here! I especially like that Christmas Sonic drawing.

• Thumbs Up 1