Awoo.

goku262002

So why is it good that its aiming at kids instead of teenagers? I would figure that the Teen ratings would be a good thing not a bad thing.

And just how do they know what groups are watching what?

1. Aiming it at children means merchandising. Also, what Octarine said.

For an action cartoon like Korra, Nick and its advertisers would probably want to see more kids (particularly boys) watching it.

2. http://en.wikipedia....Nielsen_ratings

Edited by gunthər

When it comes down to merch though, I don't see a whole 'lot of Avatar merch, t-shirt here, a backpack there but not a whole lot. unless the video games count as merch?

Either way I think its going to do fine. I don't think this show will have any problems keeping up ratings.

In a way it kinda makes sense that TEENS are watching it over the kids. I mean most TEENS and Adults are the ones who watched the original series and has been waiting for Legend of Korra.

When it comes down to merch though, I don't see a whole 'lot of Avatar merch, t-shirt here, a backpack there but not a whole lot. unless the video games count as merch?

Either way I think its going to do fine. I don't think this show will have any problems keeping up ratings.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Oh gee. Didn't Animaniacs get cancelled because it was attracting a teen/adult demographic? I'm not an avid watcher of the Avatar series, but I'd hate to see them go the same way.

Oh gee. Didn't Animaniacs get cancelled because it was attracting a teen/adult demographic? I'm not an avid watcher of the Avatar series, but I'd hate to see them go the same way.

The series is being restricted to one arc per season. We don't have to worry about being left hanging on our current arc. I wouldn't mind if the series ended on 26 episodes, just as long as we get a good ending.

Also, some more info about Korra. As it turns out, the combined ratings for that day weren't too good by normal Nickelodeon standards, but it managed to be the top for the day as a whole.

Ratings for this episode (Saturday 21st April):

Legend of Korra Nickelodeon

-11 AM: 3.546 million viewers, 0.91 A18-49 (#1 on the network for the day)

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Oh come on, people. Watch Young Justice. Ninjago is balls.

Did you actually come to this topic just to say that? really?!

Bryan Konietzko also just posted this on his tumblr.

euILF.jpg

In other news, we have been spared the panic and chaos in the fandom aggravated by the relentless slew of leaks and spoilers yesterday (some real and some fake.) To keep your spoil-virginity until Saturday I suggest hiding in a bunker.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lots of stuff about the next episode essentially.

Things from Amon's identity to various shipping shenanigans.

tumblr_m3236aPjBM1r8l0qt.jpg

Of course after some digging....

tumblr_m320ttJGxV1r8l0qt.jpg

———

(Supposed translation of text:)

broken Arabic for “I am your father”

(Dialouge from the copied scene:)

tumblr_m32370FuLc1r8l0qt.jpg

“That’s …that’s impossible.”

That just makes no fucking sense right there...its most likely another brilliant 4chan fake.

Where did these leaks orginiate? was it aired in another part of the world first?!

Edited by goku262002

Lots of stuff about the next episode essentially.

Things from Amon's identity to various shipping shenanigans.

Of course after some digging....

tumblr_m320ttJGxV1r8l0qt.jpg

———

(Supposed translation of text:)

broken Arabic for “I am your father”

(Dialouge from the copied scene:)

tumblr_m32370FuLc1r8l0qt.jpg

“That’s …that’s impossible.”

Sooo... Amon is actually Aang?

I'm sorry, but this just raises to many questions for me to believe is true. With the picture of Republic city, Amon's mask and Tenzin shown, it just screams 'shopped. In addition, the Scar on Aang's face looks way too much like face paint, whereas In the last season, scars were drawn pretty detailed.

And Aang being the leader of the Equalists just seems really out of character to me... What could have happened to Aang to have made him hate Benders?

I call hoax.

You could write pages of evidence showing how that image is fabricated. Hence why I showed all the pictures the person seemed to trace to create it.

I have no clue where that specific image came from (nothing official or reliable from what I can tell), but the rest of the dirt was leaked by hackers probing the Nick website.(again)

As for the stuff that doesn't ruin any plot twists...

tumblr_m32q4nLOZ01qj2471o1_1280.png

tumblr_m32q4nLOZ01qj2471o2_1280.png

tumblr_m348veGlpM1rovtego1_500.png

Edited by Vantoggle

I didn't even interpret that as a scar the first time I saw it; I thought it was just a shadow. Whether that says anything about the likelihood of the picture to be a hoax or just about my understanding of the principles of art, I don't know. I'll assume that it's fake, though, because come on.

Also dat chin on adult Toph.

Ugh, why in god's name does Toph look like a friggn man? That's just really bad to me.

Ugh, why in god's name does Toph look like a friggn man? That's just really bad to me.

Dude, its TOPH she's the manliest character on the show, did you expect anything less? Hell she was ecstatic about being played by a man in "Ember Island Players"

Watching the new episode.

Amazing how Mako got lucky and got a date with the daughter of the most famous man in the city. And his reaction before and after he knew that is priceless. I'd be speechless too if a woman like that hit me and scheduled a date at a lavish restaurant and revealed herself to be a rich daughter. Tho i'd probably be more scared at how to handle a woman like that who just came into my arms. i hope he doesn't screw things up.

Second, I want to fucking punch the northern water tribe council in the fucking face and kick him SQUARE in the balls for how he manipulated the events to force Korra to join his task force and got Korra into even MORE trouble with his political bullshit. They made no secret of how much of a smug snake he appears to be. And on top of that, his task force flooded a training dojo of people practicing self-defense. Yeah, they had a poster of Amon, but that scene when his task force flooded the people there only made Amon look even MORE right in how benders were oppressing the non-benders. Evil or not, Amon has a very good reason only magnifed by that event.

Edit: Oh, and Toph's daughter? She went from justified authority figure to bitch in .05 seconds. And I still like her for some reason despite wishing for Korra to smack her right then and there. Love to hate, maybe? laugh.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guess I'll give my review when I get off work tonight. If Toph's daughter is anything how CSS described her, then maybe...just maybe I will start to like her.

Second, I want to fucking punch the northern water tribe council in the fucking face and kick him SQUARE in the balls for how he manipulated the events to force Korra to join his task force and got Korra into even MORE trouble with his political bullshit. They made no secret of how much of a smug snake he appears to be. And on top of that, his task force flooded a training dojo of people practicing self-defense. Yeah, they had a poster of Amon, but that scene when his task force flooded the people there only made Amon look even MORE right in how benders were oppressing the non-benders. Evil or not, Amon has a very good reason only magnifed by that event.laugh.png

I think the series is about to explore some Grey and Gray morality, with both sides being equally morally ambiguous but having noble causes nonetheless, they weren't kidding when they said it was going to be darker than the original series, which had a more Black & White outlook on the war.

Also, Amon fucking terrifies me, its just how he presents himself he's more subtle and sinister which makes him more mysterious and therefore terrifying as a result, he's walking Kryptonite.Its kind of sad that such a villain will only be around for 8 more episodes; I especially like how easily he broke Korra, rather than take her bending away he let her live the fact that he could have done it, and she was powerless to do anything about it.

.....I was kind of caught off guard by how much chemistry Asami and Mako have, they look like a genuinely cute couple...tis a shame its going to have to make way for Makorra,....or will it? Also, Bolin be funny, being all pouty when Korra didn't show up, and be relieved that Korra's friend is out of the relationship zone, lawls.

So yeah, after a pretty dark two weeks, things seem to be lightening up next week.

From Retro:

I just realized the Welcome to Republic city tour game has been updated. It gives interesting details about future episodes as well as some background info that might not appear in the show.

-Zuko is still alive

He handed the reigns to his unnamed daughter three years ago.

-Sato's donation was from a wealthy banker.

-The Cabbage man has his own custom vehicle.

-Sparkly Bush Man's name is Gommu (he also has a life story)

-One of the satomobile models is a race car.

-Bloodbending can crush organs. (This is a kid friendly website....right?)

-Yuans have Aang's face on them.

—Old stuff--

-Significant age gap between Tenzin and Penma.

-Kyoshi lived to be 200- something years old (WAT?)

-Kuruk couldn't bring himself to kill Koh in the end.

Edited by goku262002

Highly refined airbending can result in tornadoes that would sweep anyone away. Highly advanced firebending grants the firebender the ability to shoot lightning that outright kills the opponent if it's not redirected or avoided, and leaves a massive burn mark where the bolt entered and exited the body. A form of Earthbending allows earthbenders to submerge their opponents in the earth alive.

Bloodbending crushing organs is par for the course, as far as I see.

Edited by Modern Tom