Awoo.

goku262002

Since it's been said soo many times, this was a top notch episode. I'm not gonna say it was dark but it was a very good episode. Nothing cringe worthy. And finding out about Tenzin and what's her face does explain a lot of stuff now. And AMON IS FUCKING BEAST!

This entire episode managed to lull me into a false sense of what's going on, only for it to slap me in the face right after.

Eavesdropping on Sato to make it seem like he was an Equalist, only for the factory search to lead to nothing.

Having a member of the Equalists convey information that make it seem like he defecting from the troop and expose Sato, only for it to actually be a setup fabricated by Sato himself. That was a really nice subversion.

And making it seem Asami joined with Sato, complete with a dark music shift once she touched the glove, only for her to electrocute Sato and the Lieutenant immediately after.

It was all tastefully done. I loved it.

I also love how Lin was taught how to feel vibrations in the earth, just like her mother perfected. And now platinum is the new metal, supposedly.

Edited by Joshua

Damn. Poor Asami. Her betrayal and how she'll deal with it has just made her more of an interesting character.

Take that shippers, Asami is now developed, Fuck you.

This series keeps topping itself with awesome, more than half way through the season and low how much shit has happened; The original series didn't even start picking up till around this time, fucking awesome.

Ya know, looking back Sato being an equalist makes perfect sense; How else were Amon's men able to get into the Pro-Bending Arena? In addition to their supplies, plus Sato being mysteriously absent when they arrived. Nice foreshadowing there guys.

Poor Asami :( she's like Zuko if he did his Face Turn early, but its a lot more heartrending because she still loves her father despite him being wrong.

Korra showing some maturity was actually a nice touch too, rather than act rash and confront Sato immediately she went to Tenzin and Lin first, and was correct; I'm glad, it would have felt like much if she was wrong or being manipulated by Amon. Plus her and Asami bonding was nice(especially after two episodes with Asami being out of focus).

And my god, Lin is such a badass, there's no denying she's bested her mother now; she not only has her ability to feel the vibrations in the earth, but she can metalbend from a distance, something Toph couldn't do. And she has Metal Blades, fucking awesome. Tenzin wasn't half bad either.

Bolin and Mako being awesome too. There was too much going on in this episode to describe, I mean wow.

On a lighter note; Asami is now apart of the Krew, and they're all living in Tenzin's mansion....I for one look forward to wacky hinjinks ensuing, I mean you got four teenagers who are romantically interested each other in some way, this is begging for comedy especially since we just had two fairly intense episodes.

I am so fucking upset with this episode. That just goes to show what amazing writers this series has.

Seriously, a cool old guy like Sato being in league with the Equalists? And then Asami went against her father (and despite not having a huge action scene like Korra, Tenzin, and Lin, she held her own) and his believes. Talk about a punch to the viewer.

I really liked Sato, and I was thinking that the tip off Korra got was just Amon infilitrating his way into the suspicions that were made and further divide the group, but damn if that wasn't misleading. I feel really bad for Asami.

Also, did anyone else kinda get an Eggman-like resemblance when Sato was in those mechs? The amount of work in this sequel series is just amazing!

Ya know, looking back Sato being an equalist makes perfect sense; How else were Amon's men able to get into the Pro-Bending Arena? In addition to their supplies, plus Sato being mysteriously absent when they arrived. Nice foreshadowing there guys.

I find it even more amazing how we did not see that shit coming!

But seriously, who honestly wanted to guess Sato to be an equalist? None of us, I promise you that.

EDIT: Also, instead of an air scooter, Tenzin made an air monocycle. BADASS!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I loved the scene where the Wolf-Bat captain gives his respect to Korra, I though it was a nice touch to send off the guy who was previously a huge jerk with some dignity.

God damnit, why did they make me feel bad for the cheating asshole?! I don't want to feelsbadman.jpg for him, he was an asshole, a cheating asshole!

Rest of this episode was great, the plot is advancing fast but its keeping it consistent. and poor cabbage guy's descendant even after 70 years his descendants can't catch a fucking break.

• Thumbs Up 2

This episode M. Night Shyamalan'd me 3 times, brought back cabbage man and blind earth-bending, made mechs canon, and gave me a reason to like Asami. God I love this show.

I don't think it was the same cabbage man because when TLA was happening he was already old, this is his son most likely.

...Unless hes immortal, then that would be fucking. awesome.

Soooo much awesomeness came from this episode. Like it's hard to believe an amazing cartoon like this exist. MY GOD! And I was sure that one counselman was the spy. Damn was I wrong. Sooo we have our sokka and (what seems like) Zuko. All we need is a Katara, Aang, Toph and Iroh and I'll be set.

I'm sad that the polar bear dog does not get much screen time. That thing is fucking amazing. Back to the episode, TENZIN IS FUCKING BEAST! Air cycle? WTF. Lin is amazing too. I mean she pulled a fucking Wolverine on us. I was not expecting that much AWESOMEness from her. Man fuck it. Everything about this episode was amazing.

Now where is my free rep and cookie?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it was the same cabbage man because when TLA was happening he was already old, this is his son most likely.

...Unless hes immortal, then that would be fucking. awesome.

I know it's one of his descendents, I should specified that I meant the running gag and not the cabbage man himself. Speaking of the "new" cabbage man I actually thought he really was helping the Equalists for most of the episode, motivated by years of misfortune when benders, especially the uh-vatar, crossed paths with his family's cabbages.

I know it's one of his descendents, I should specified that I meant the running gag and not the cabbage man himself. Speaking of the "new" cabbage man I actually thought he really was helping the Equalists for most of the episode, motivated by years of misfortune when benders, especially the uh-vatar, crossed paths with his family's cabbages.

You know what, that's not a bad assumption. Aang and crew did always fuck his shit up when they were around him. Joining the equalist would have been a perfect opportunity for his family to get back at the Avatar and all benders.

I'll just leave this here and be on my way

fanart-cosplay-untitled.gif

Also, since I've been catching up with LoK due to the magic of the internet, I will have to admit, the "love interest" seemed to just be thrown in there with the introduction of episode 5 between Korra and Mako. Besides one or two moments in episode 1 and 2, the two didn't really seem TOO into each other at all. I just feel like they're throwing the romance into the series way too fast, way too early. How long have they known each other? A month or two at most...

Edited by LunarEdge
  • Thumbs Up 9

So how soon can we expect fanart of Mako dressed as Aladdin, and Asami as Jasmine?

Bonus points if Bolin looks like the Sultan and Pabu is dressed as Abu in such art.

So how soon can we expect fanart of Mako dressed as Aladdin, and Asami as Jasmine?

Bonus points if Bolin looks like the Sultan and Pabu is dressed as Abu in such art.

Would Amon be Jafar then? I can picture him being in Jafar garb with that mask on.

But who'd be Iago?

I'll just leave this here and be on my way

fanart-cosplay-untitled.gif

Good. I knew I was not the only one expecting Sokka here. To bad he didn't :(

Well this latest episode sure had some interesting tweests.

Good to see that they did something with Asami's character and added a teensy bit of depth rather than just letting her stay as little more than a romantic obstacle for Korra (albeit an obstacle who's a sexy Japanese woman).

So yeah, all of these Firebenders killing parents, yeah something tells me there's a connection.

Either that, or firebenders are still fucking jerks after 70 years. Kind of wish they wouldn't use the "firebenders did it" cop out that TLA did, nows its making me think that every characters backstory will include a firebender killing someone they cared for.

Well, bad vibes from long-term wars aren't quite easy to kill, so I'm sure that there are still plenty of jerky Firebenders and/or Firebender supremacists out there.

Actually... Firebender supremacists could make for interesting villains for future episodes/seasons.

I like to call those whom parent(s) was killed by fire benders people who got Batman'd (or is it Bruce Wayne'd?) Mako and Bolin's story pretty much scream it, give or a take a sibling XD Even a "mafia" boss was a fire bender.

The way the series is going though... does anyone else feel that LoK will be significantly shorter then the first?

Well, bad vibes from long-term wars aren't quite easy to kill, so I'm sure that there are still plenty of jerky Firebenders and/or Firebender supremacists out there.

Actually... Firebender supremacists could make for interesting villains for future episodes/seasons.

I would like this.

A gang of firebending thugs who want to restore/restablish their superiority over the other nations by causing trouble and lead them to clash with the Equalists would be an interesting sub-plot.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Great, now I'm thinking that the writers set up everything you guys just said about firebenders.

The way the series is going though... does anyone else feel that LoK will be significantly shorter then the first?

We've known that since before the show aired. They're only going for 2 seasons.