Awoo.

goku262002

This made me remember how much I miss fluent animation, which you only usually see in Anime nowadays...

This is going to fucking rock.

olookhere, another leaked clip. We finally get to hear Korra's voice...

And see an ollllldddd Katara.

(Be sure to pause that Tumblr music thingy to the left.)

Edited by gnth®

The opening clip didn't do much for me, but I'm getting properly excited now that we've got something actually substantive. I like Korra already.

Woah, Why is Katara alive? I though the producers said she and everyone else were dead? LIES, LIES. And is that Sokka standing right next her? Because his beard and stache look exactly like his "Wang Fire" disguise.

Looking forward to this new series. I loved the original Avatar series, especially from the second book onwards. Hopefully this series will do new things so that it doesn't feel like a retread, and they won't go overboard with trying to make the show appeal to an older audience. The humor in the original series was a major factor in the show being so enjoyable, and it'd be a shame to get rid of an element that worked so well. Thankfully, from the little footage we have so far, that doesn't seem to be a issue.

I MISSED THE OPENING, and now it's been removed from Youtube. There are no words to explain my sadness. I want to know what's with Republic City!

That other leaked scene is really cool though.

Master Katara?!

So at least one member from the old Gaang is still alive? So she's got to be in her eighties by now.

Really liking Korra's voice. The sequel is going to be the BOMB! Now I'm wondering how epic they're going to make the last episode like how they did with Sozin's Comet.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I think Aang may have just died a little bit before everyone else, it might be that Avatars can only live for so long before the natural balance of things decides the chain must continue.

Also I really like how Korra isn't all super serious and angry like the original descriptions kinda made her seem. She's actually a lot like a slightly older Aang it seems, which makes sense.

Oh man I cannot fuckin' wait for this shit.

Edited by Nathan

I don't want to devote a new topic just for something a tad minor, so I'll just relay what I know here.

Alongside the new Avatar series, there's going to be a 3-part novelization for the original series, taking place around a year after Sozin's Comet, that will go in depth on what everyone did after the war and how that set up the second series - I guess you could consider this an "interquel".

Part one of the this series, The Promise, is slated for release in January, but pre-orders are being taken right now.

http://www.darkhorse...mise-Part-1-TPB

On top of that, one of the cartoonists made a youtube video about some behinds the scenes work for the first novel, as well as thumbnails for the second and third novels, and art for one of the pages.

You can see some of the character re-designs starting at 6:35. Toph looks well done, and Zuko looks like a "Korean rock star," as Gene put it, looooooool

Edited by Icy Wind

The humor in the original series was a major factor in the show being so enjoyable, and it'd be a shame to get rid of an element that worked so well. Thankfully, from the little footage we have so far, that doesn't seem to be a issue.

I'm in a very small minority that didn't like the humor of the show... It felt waaay to Nickelodeon-esque for me, minus the fart jokes and had very little poop jokes. (I think they still popped some in a few times though.) Something about western style humor and the show's heavily eastern inspired setting kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

However, without the humor, the show probably wouldn't have as much life in it, (I'm looking at you Shamalawn...) so It's a good thing that they didn't ditch it.

Amazing intro by the way... And I'm really liking Korra's character from what I've seen.

I just watched the whole first series.

I don't feel like going through a long post detailing what I did and did not like about it, let's just say I enjoyed it and I'm waiting for this sequel. (and "the last Agni Kai" is one of the most amazing final battles I've ever witnesed, especially the music)

I just need to know the date of the new serie's premier (or not, I guess I will be able to tell the series started whenever this thread starts exploding with replies tongue.png ).

Edited by gatornament

i have a problem

I keep throwing money at the screen but nothings happening

Edited by Jolly Jacky
  • Thumbs Up 5

In case youtube or whatever links go down:

*link*

*link*

DON'T USE THESE LINKS CARELESSLY; POSSIBLY DANGEROUS

Yo, I'd suggest deleting those links. The first one links to a website that tried to automatically download an .exe onto my computer once I clicked download; depending on how shitty one's browser is, you might not be able to decline the download. While I bet the actual .zip on the site is fine, I still deleted it off of my computer just to be safe.

Most people could probably get around this, but I don't think its worth the risk to attempt it.

Edited by Legendary Pine Tree

I don't believe I'll remove these links, but yes, keep in mind what you are doing when you download things as just a general advisory. You should always look anyways when you hit download on something. Obviously, a clip of something isn't going to be in .exe format, since that's a program format...meaning something is trying to kick your computer in the balls.

For the topic on hand, I haven't been following this much, but it looked really interesting when I first heard about it seemingly ages ago. So I'm taking it's almost officially out? I don't really care for watching leaked stuff for something like this, I'd rather wait, XD.

DON'T USE THESE LINKS CARELESSLY; POSSIBLY DANGEROUS

Yo, I'd suggest deleting those links. The first one links to a website that tried to automatically download an .exe onto my computer once I clicked download; depending on how shitty one's browser is, you might not be able to decline the download. While I bet the actual .zip on the site is fine, I still deleted it off of my computer just to be safe.

Most people could probably get around this, but I don't think its worth the risk to attempt it.

what you did was leapt before you looked

Nooo, what you just did now was leap before you looked, to the conclusion that I don't know how a simple file sharing site works. I only clicked the actual download link; upon doing so, it began downloading the .zip file AS WELL AS the .exe; both as a result of the same single click. Also, due to my ad block, I don't even have the fake download links appear in my browser.

I'm not accusing you of any wrong doing, so just drop it, okay?

Predictably, Satan Viacom has pulled the video due to butthurt copyright claims.

Where are you talking about?

Just go back a page. i linked sendspace links to the 2 leaked videos