Awoo.

goku262002

Mako is too straightfaced and stoic for Korra. Bolin has far more chemistry with her. Not that Mako isn't awesome, but everytime I see the series "bad boy" I typically want them to get the short end of the stick in these damn shipping wars because of All Girls Want Bad Boys.

Unlike your typical bad boy, Mako is much more likable.

Mako is too straightfaced and stoic for Korra. Bolin has far more chemistry with her. Not that Mako isn't awesome, but everytime I see the series "bad boy" I typically want them to get the short end of the stick in these damn shipping wars because of All Girls Want Bad Boys.

Unlike your typical bad boy, Mako is much more likable.

Just watched the premier. Wow, I like this a lot better than The Last Airbender. I love the steampunk art style, I love the music, and the best change of all... unlike Aang, I actually really like Korra. She's awesome. biggrin.png

Edited by Dissident

There out now officially you know? Can't seem to recall where to watch them though. check nick.com i guess?

Can't wait to see how much the Equalist can kick ass. I mean driving motorcycles in a fight? Electric Kali Sticks? The waiting is killing me again!

Korra is hot headed in every sense of the word. She's got a ways to go before she learns the balance Aang did. I like this gal.

So, what I also like about this series as well is that it's going to have multiple arcs instead of one full series story line. Apparently, this situation with Amon is only going to last 13 episodes before we get a new villain. This will make this one certainly more accessible. Of course, I'm forced to watch this online since I have no TV around here.

This series is looking quite good actually, I really enjoyed both episodes but I hate to be the person to say this but......I miss the old gang from the original Avatar :-/ oh well I guess I better get use to the new characters lol

This series is looking quite good actually, I really enjoyed both episodes but I hate to be the person to say this but......I miss the old gang from the original Avatar :-/ oh well I guess I better get use to the new characters lol

Well at least Katara is still around right? Too bad the first episode of Korra was probably her last appearance. :(

Katara was my least favorite Gaang member, so I'm a bit upset that she's the only one alive.

Korra's great, but I think I prefer Tenzin and his family over Mako and Bolin so far. Not that the pro-benders are bad or that there isn't a place in the story for everybody; it just feels like they're trying a little too hard to have a Zuko and a Sokka around so we don't forget that this is a sequel to The Last Airbender. Mind you, I never got super attached to the originals, so maybe I'm just bitter that they aren't teenage retreads of Iroh and Toph instead. I'm sure they'll grow into their own characters eventually, anyway, and the actual plotline they're involved in was a lot of fun.

...on the other hand, my best friend expressed interest in watching the original series a little while ago and I've re-watched the first couple of episodes with her, and it really surprised me how much of an improvement Korra is in terms of animation. I vaguely recall The Last Airbender improving over time (I could just check, I guess, but then I wouldn't get to bluster about it on the internet), but at the very least Korra can claim to have a much stronger start.

I'm sure an "IROH" will show up somewhere. They have to have one of those. He was like my 2nd favorite character in original series. Just that one episode they did for him that was dedicated to his 1st VA was spectacular and emotional. I'm kinda interested in seeing how "DARK" this series gets. I can tell the anti benders are gonna be an interesting twist.

Good and bad news on the ratings front.

The good news is that Korra was had the highest ratings for any Nick premiere in three years. The bad news is that it mostly came from Tweens 9-14. That's not good overall. Nick wants to sell merchandise, and if the target demographic isn't watching the show, then merchandise won't sell as well. So we'd best hope this week brings better ratings from the Kids 2-11, and Kids 6-11.

Top 10 Combined Broadcast/Basic Cable shows among Kids 2-11 for the week of 4/9-4/15/12, 6a-6a:

K2-11 Total Delivery (000)

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 10:30a) 2418

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 10a) 2219

TOON: Ninjago (4/11; 8p) 2164

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 9:30a) 2153

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/13; 8:30p) 2150

DSNY*: Shake It Up (4/15; 8:30p) 2142

DSNY*: Fish Hooks (4/13; 9-9:15p) 2007

DSNY*: Austin & Ally (4/15; 8p) 1989

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/15; 10a) 1943

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/15; 10:30a) 1941

Top 10 Combined Broadcast/Basic Cable shows among Kids 6-11 for the week of 4/9-4/15/12, 6a-6a:

K6-11 Total Delivery (000)

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/13; 8:30p) 1824

DSNY*: Shake It Up (4/15; 8:30p) 1822

DSNY*: Fish Hooks (4/13; 9-9:15p) 1668

TOON: Ninjago (4/11; 8p) 1644

DSNY*: Austin & Ally (4/15; 8p) 1633

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/15; 9p) 1540

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 10:30a) 1425

DSNY*: Jessie (4/13; 8p) 1423

NICK: Victorious (4/14; 8p) 1393

NICK: SpongeBob SquarePants (4/14; 10a) 1391

Top 10 Combined Broadcast/Basic Cable shows among Tweens 9-14 for the week of 4/9-4/15/12, 6a-6a:

Tweens 9-14 Total Delivery (000)

DSNY*: Shake It Up (4/15; 8:30p) 1636

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/13; 8:30p) 1456

DSNY*: Austin & Ally (4/15; 8p) 1422

DSNY*: A.N.T. Farm (4/15; 9p) 1403

NICK: Victorious (4/14; 8p) 1309

NICK: Legend of Korra (4/14; 11a-12n) 1294

DSNY*: Jessie (4/15; 9:30p) 1255

DSNY*: Fish Hooks (4/13; 9-9:15p) 1221

TOON: Ninjago (4/11; 8p) 1209

DSNY*: Jessie (4/13; 8p) 1120

Edited by VisionaryBlur

It's time like these where I wish I was the CEO of Disney. Just for the sole purpose of ending that teeny bopper bullcrap once and for all.

Did anyone catch today's episode?

So it seems Amon can strip benders of their bending powers much like Aang did in the first series finale... So Amon can Spirit Bend? Or is it something else? Man, can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Did anyone catch today's episode?

So it seems Amon can strip benders of their bending powers much like Aang did in the first series finale... So Amon can Spirit Bend? Or is it something else? Man, can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Crap, I shouldn't have read that. Oh well, it isn't too bad.

I'm loving how the first episode trolls you with the girl talking about Zuko.

Haha, Jinora is such a damn shipper.

And Korra's reaction towards her and her sister when Mako shows up is just hilarious.

Jinora: Is that the handsome firebender boy who drives you crazy?

Korra: *earthbends the ground under Jinora's feet*

Also, as if it hasn't been said already

Amon is an Energy-Bender like Aang

As if you couldn't get any worse with Ozai as a firebender. To say nothing of how Amon effortlessly dodges fire and lightning attacks from a Firebending criminal.

Oh, and it seems that bending lightning isn't a rare art anymore. But since we have metal bending, I guess lightning was gonna follow suit.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Now the question remains on whether some Waterbender as twisted as Hama learned how to Bloodbend and taught others how to do it.

Sure, the time limit to perform Bloodbending would be profoundly shorter, but it would lead to do-or-die battles all the same on nights of the full moon.

But hey, maybe Amon could recruit Waterbenders just for that purpose, with the promise that he would spare them in the end. That way, Amon can perform mass Energy-bending sessions every month against possessed benders, and further achieve his goal.

Edited by Modern Tom

This was probably my favourite episode so far. Mako and Bolin definitely seemed much more like their own characters, Amon was pretty threatening for a generic guy in a mask, and I loved how Tenzin immediately took Korra on her word about the rally (unlike a certain other mentor figure in a cartoon I watched this week I could mention) without even a token scolding for being reckless. I love it when authority figures in fiction aren't idiots. Oh, and the action scenes were beautiful.

The only thing I didn't care much for was the blatant Korra/Mako stuff... not because I don't like them together or whatever, but just because it seems a little too soon for it. It's like that episode really early on in The Last Airbender where Aang does a bunch of stupid things to try and impress Katara even though we'd hardly seen them interact yet. This wasn't quite as weird as that, but it still felt like the kind of thing that should've been spread out over a couple of episodes instead of happening all at once. Not a big issue, but... something.

I was kind of hoping that Amon wouldn't have any special powers, but there are few things creepier to me than permanent depowering. It's almost worse than just killing a character, in a meta sense: it reaches right through the fourth wall and punches me in the wish fulfillment. Touché, Korra.

I like it so far, although I am really hoping for an episode that explains the events after The Last Airbender. And how the heck did Appa and Momo find females of their species, if they were supposedly the last of their kind as well?

Haha, Jinora is such a damn shipper.

And Korra's reaction towards her and her sister when Mako shows up is just hilarious.

Jinora: Is that the handsome firebender boy who drives you crazy?

Korra: *earthbends the ground under Jinora's feet*

Also, as if it hasn't been said already

Amon is an Energy-Bender like Aang

As if you couldn't get any worse with Ozai as a firebender. To say nothing of how Amon effortlessly dodges fire and lightning attacks from a Firebending criminal.

Oh, and it seems that bending lightning isn't a rare art anymore. But since we have metal bending, I guess lightning was gonna follow suit.

What annoys me about that is that I thought that bending Lightning was exclusive to the royal family only considering only Ozai, Azula, and Iroh could do it, the fact that every run of the mill firebender can now just irks me.