Awoo.

goku262002

Sweeeeeeeeeet. I really enjoyed the first series, will be watching this one as well.

Aang's son, huh? 70 years doesn't seem like a long enough time for him to have passed away, I'm guessing that'll eventually get explained at some point.

Operating a Flying Bison while under the influence.

*Is shot for terrible joke.*

• Thumbs Up 1

I really liked the first series and I'm glad that they are making a new one. I don't think Aang is alive though, isn't it when the old Avatar dies the new one is immediately born? If so, it's probably been 16- 18 years since he died. I do wonder how they plan to teach Korra the other elements, I mean there can't be masters of all four elements in the same city right? Anyways, I wonder if there are going to be cameos from other characters like Sokka or Zuko.

I do wonder how they plan to teach Korra the other elements, I mean there can't be masters of all four elements in the same city right?

Having already mastered three of the four elements (Earth, Water, and Fire), she seeks to master the final element of Air

So, what kind of animal is she ridin' on? Or do they have cars 70 years after the first series? Judging by the fact that Republic City is shiny, I'd say, yes.

From the looks of things, everyone from the first series (except maybe Toph) is dead. This means that the world is the same (sort of), the nations are the same (more or less), but the characters and the story is completely different. Considering the fact that Airbending is gonna be tough to learn, with so few airbenders in existance, this could go longer than the original series' 3 seasons. This ought to be good.

EDIT: Wait a second... Republic City?

infamous1.jpg

Edited by Axl

Considering the fact that Airbending is gonna be tough to learn, with so few airbenders in existance, this could go longer than the original series' 3 seasons.

Didn't Aang learn from Katara?

Considering the fact that Airbending is gonna be tough to learn, with so few airbenders in existance, this could go longer than the original series' 3 seasons. This ought to be good.

Except she already has a teacher. Which makes me wonder how it WILL last more than one season.

From the looks of things, everyone from the first series (except maybe Toph) is dead.

>Toph still alive

OH GOD DO WANT.

>Toph still alive

That would make sense. She was younger than everyone else, I'm not sure by how much though.

I don't mean to interrupt your discussion, but I can't be the only one who walked into this thread expecting scantily-clad, blue-skinned 3D beauties... can I?

I don't mean to interrupt your discussion, but I can't be the only one who walked into this thread expecting scantily-clad, blue-skinned 3D beauties... can I?

...Yes the first post was very clear on what this was.

But i'll change the sub title because i forgot that 3D overglorfiled movie.

...Yes i don't like avatar. So sue me.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

...Yes the first post was very clear on what this was.

The first post wasn't visible on the board index. Way to take my post far too seriously... geez.

• 1 month later...

Considering I am a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I am very much looking forward to this new series.

But, like most others, I would like to have found out if Zuko ever solved that whole mystery about his mother. Ah well, we may find out the answer some day.

Til then, can't wait to see this new series when it debuts!

Well, I really hope they do a good job on it now, since Viacomtoons is currently introducing two really bad shows.

Edited by Axl
  • Thumbs Up 1

This...Is..Just AWESOOOOOME! I loved the Last airbender, but after watching all the episodes I started losing interest in re-watching some episodes by time. I was hoping for an installment to come, and hearing this put a big smile on me, and since it will have a new main and new characters should be interesting too.

• 5 months later...

I searched the forum and found nothing on the new Avatar show, so I'll post this here. They just released a first look at the new bender, Korra. She knows firebending, waterbending and earthbending, but needs to learn airbending from Avatar and Katara's son, Tenzig. The miniseries is set seventy years after the original show. Oh yeah, and there's an anti-bending revolution in the show's main location, the steampunk-themed Republic City.

OB-MW926_korra2_G_20110305235453.jpg

All I can say is, I'd ask her to light my fire if her expression wasn't cold as ice.

That and the show sounds awesome. Thoughts anyone?

We already have a topic on this...

Ah, who the hell cares? It's a new AVATAR!

And we finally see Korra's face...some of the works on DeviantArt were surprisingly very accurate.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was so happy to hear about this, until I came to the realization that the legend of Kora runs the risk of being made into a movie by M. Night Shyamalan.

Do not want. :angry:

Anyway do we know who will voice Kora yet?

I heard about this earlier today, I am so hyped! 2012 can't come soon enough!

Anyway do we know who will voice Kora yet?

According to this article, she'll be voiced by Janet Varney. :)

We already have a topic on this...

Yeah, just noticed there's a multiple search function. I did search for a thread on this... in a thread that had nothing to do with it. So yeah, fail on my part.

I was so happy to hear about this, until I came to the realization that the legend of Kora runs the risk of being made into a movie by M. Night Shyamalan.

He does, and I will personally come to his house.

With a very big mini hakkero. They'll never find the pieces left from a Final Spark that big.

Yeah, just noticed there's a multiple search function. I did search for a thread on this... in a thread that had nothing to do with it. So yeah, fail on my part.

Not to worry, just ask a mod to merge the thread. They will be happy to do so.

Thanks for the info, just like to correct you though its not a miniseries but a full blown series.

Also, is it really being called “The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra”? did james cameron really win the rights to use the word "avatar" all to himself? you can't own a word, can you?

Ah, sweet. I'm liking Korra's design. I'm liking the risks Mike and Brian are taking with having a female protagonist, especailly with part of the demographic who think girls drool(Don't get me wrong, Avatar is great for all ages to enjoy, but it's still on a channel aimed for kids and most kids who watch it are little boys.) and even saying Aang died at a somewhat young age (I highly doubt as a kid mind you but still young.)due to being frozen for so long in the iceburg.

I really have high hopes for this series, and I like the premise they're planning for this show. Avatar was a great series that really stood out from all the comedys on Nickelodeon. While I'm in a minority who absolutely hated the show's oddly sarcastic and sometimes (though very rarely compared to other Nick shows) crude humor, I'm willing to look past all that and enjoy this and the old series for what they are...

and hopefully they don't use any 'POV Mouth Cams' this time. God, I hate those shots with a passion. >_<

Edited by The Stinking Recolor

Not to worry, just ask a mod to merge the thread. They will be happy to do so.

Thanks for the info, just like to correct you though its not a miniseries but a full blown series.

Right, I'll get on the merge ask thing. But since when was it a full-blown series? It was confirmed awhile ago to be a miniseries with twelve episodes, unless it's once again back to being a full series.

Thought you guys might like this, a line test animation for the show was found on a Korean animator's blog.

We have been looking at this girl's back for a better part of a year and could you believe how many folk's have been eyeing her and when they see her face, they get mad? What the fuck. It is like going to a club and looking at a girl's slightly exposed back and as soon as her face is shown, they act like it is a travesty. This is ridiculous and absurd. It is like we concocted what we thought this chick's face would look like and then we she turns around, we act like Charlie Sheen. Could you believe the gull of these assholes.

Anyways...

funny-celebrity-pictures-id-hit-that.jpg

And that animation swank as hell. I am going to go back and rewatch some of the episodes. I can't wait for this series.

Edited by turbojet