Awoo.

goku262002

Ursa's a bit hard to pin, though.

While she did dote on Zuko, it's not really clear on how she really felt about Azula. We have only Azula's word for it, but in all honesty, I think it was less like she hated her daughter but her attitude, and she just didn't know how to handle that behavior and how to encourage her to be less of a bad seed. Though having a dad who's quite the opposite on how he treated her probably didn't make things easy. That doesn't even take into account her disappearance since that's another topic in itself.

Edited by DarkLight

So I recently watched all of Avatar, Book One of Korra and caught up with Book Two. While I loved a lot of Book One, I was a little iffy on the romance and Korra as a character.

As for Book Two so far; I'm really enjoying learning about the lives of the former cast and their offspring, but Korra and the brothers leave a lot to be desired. The former continues to annoy, coming across as unnecessarily brash and obnoxious (although, admittedly, she redeemed herself a bit at the end), while Mako and Bolin (even if he does occasionally provide a laugh) are just boring. I'm hoping that the focus shifts to the spirit world and the 'Dark Spirit' sooner rather than later, so that Korra and her friends have more to do than struggle with their relationships.

Unalaq's an interesting antagonist though, especially for how hypocritical he is (blaming his brother for bulldozing into and subsequently decimating that forest back in the North, creating enemies in the spirits; meanwhile showing no hesitation when marching his army into their sister tribe, which will inevitably lead to making enemies of them). He and his brother are not so different.

I'm also looking forward to

learning about the first Avatar, Wan. Oooh, and that Ukiyo-e-inspired art style...

Edited by Pawn

"my oen mother thought that i was a monster. eh its true but it still hurts" That's something I hope the search will explain. As for her running away I do recall that in part 1 of the search she found out that ozi tried to kill his dad(or ihro) and she couldn't take it anymore she could of taken Zuko and Azula but Ozi said that he would find them and kill them. It didn't help that Zuko was wasn't his biological son either

I was trying to avoid from mentioning the comic since it's not exactly finished yet with Part 3 and certain plot-points having yet to be fully resolved. Especially regarding Ursa's role.

That's all I'll say on this matter.

Edited by DarkLight

I am starting to dislike Korra. I mean how is she siding with the invaders who use the pretense that it is for their own good? Seriously, I get that daddy lied about shit that really was none of your business to begin with and was just so selfish to actually want to have his daughter around instead of having you whisked across the continent for years at a time, but siding with theocratic imperialists who want to have their own Inquisition?

I think the situation is a little more grey than that. Unalaq is the South's chief, too, he doesn't see his actions as an invasion so much as an occupation to prevent potential rebellion. He feels he's just doing his job. On top of that, we've yet to see what Unalaq's plans are in uniting the two cultures, so it is too soon to call it a bloodbath (though severely misguided is a relatively fitting label). Korra hasn't taken sides with anyone when it comes to these tensions; she understands that both sides hold powerful convictions and is trying to iron out the differences without it amounting to outright civil war.

I actually think Korra was somewhat justified at being upset by her father lying. Not telling her about his past and what he learned from it is a pretty selfish move, and more to protect himself than her from shame. It's not even like it's nothing that should concern his child, either: it is literally her responsibility as Avatar to know these things. That said, I think this episode really enlighted us on Tonraq's side of things and cast his decisions in a more sympathetic light. It was really heartwarming seeing the two reconcile in the end: they both have their best interests at heart.

And honestly, why are we siding with the Spirits anyways? They rage like hell instead of dealing with shit in a civilized matter and people are expected to just comply with their demands. If anything, they should war against the spirits because fuck the spirits. The spirits ought to be taught a lesson. As Avatar who is supposed to be the link to the spirit world and human world, maybe Korra should take a trip over to the world of the perversely fucked up and see what is up instead of taking some priest's word for it.

That's the thing, though: diplomacy with the spirits is impossible. It's strongly implied that the spirits don't adhere to the same moral codes as humans, nor can they necessarily comprehend what morality is. There is no 'good' or 'evil' spirit, so their actions aren't influenced by heroics or villainy, but what they consider conducive to their survival. You can't really blame a bee for stinging you when it feels its hive is in danger.

To make matters more complicated, you can't wage war if you can't land a hit; bending has proved useless against them, and an invasion of their world is infeasible given bending doesn't even work there. So, the only option is to appease them for your sake and their's, as in nature. Besides, some spirits are inextricably linked to life on earth, like La and Tui. The answer is leading them to balance, not aggression. [\Irohisms]

And fuck Mako. Who the hell compares breaking up with someone as ripping off a leech?

I've heard similar advice before, though the analogy usually involves a bandaid versus a leech. But they're both used for medical purposes, so I guess the sentiment is the same. It's a pretty valid piece of advice for someone who wants out of a bad relationship but doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Yet whatever the case may be, I still loved that Bolin called him out on things, that was absolutely priceless. xP

I can't even express how ecstatic I am for the Spirit World's long awaited appearance. I can't help but wonder if Ikki was "spirited away" by accident, and that Jinora enters the Spirit World alongside Korra to search for her out of guilt. Regardless, it looks like we'll being seeing a lot of the dynamics between Tenzin's siblings and his children, and I look forward to seeing how their resentment is resolved.

On the subject of Jinora...

tumblr_mt7ijnTvlX1rb5e48o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt7ijnTvlX1rb5e48o2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt7ijnTvlX1rb5e48o3_r1_1280.jpg

http://sherbies.tumblr.com/post/61422809328

Aang may have been a poor father, but he makes the best grandad.

Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm really curious to what type of lifestyle Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi had growing up. It's pretty clear the the latter two have some resentment issues towards the former.

And yea, Mako & Bolin are severely out of focus, it's been three episodes and they haven't done much. I mean you have Bolin's subplot with Eska, but that just seems like straight up comic relief.

I'm seconding what BlazingTales said about Ikki.

Maybe during the Winter Solstice she unknowingly stumbled in or followed something that was a spirit in the Spirit World much like Aang did in Winter Solstice: Part 1. Kya spotted what could be her footprints before they split up and Tenzin is obviously going to follow them but could be unaware Ikki will be right there trying to get his attention but can't.

He falls under neglectful. 

how, didn't he have to fight a war? I would imagine before leaving for the war and after he was a loving, caring father.

I'm starting to see Korra as a more rebellious teenager more than anything. Aang was definitely more tamed and level-headed (and disciplined). The fact that she just ignores her father and goes on with her Uncle's plan is beyond retarded. Glad I'm finally caught up on Season 2, but as much as I like Korra, her character is becoming more and more unlikeable.

Also.... I like how they just threw Mako and Korra together the way they did... pretty much taught kids at the end of season 1 that it's okay to cheat on your girlfriend if you're banging the Avatar. That's cool.... I guess....

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree, there relationship was pushed way to quickly to fast. Like.... what happened? o.O I guess when it comes to cheating because someone else is better (The Avatar...) Then I guess its ok to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, there relationship was pushed way to quickly to fast. Like.... what happened? o.O I guess when it comes to cheating because someone else is better (The Avatar...) Then I guess its ok to do that.

I think we all can agree that certain aspects of Season 1 were horribly rushed, including that relationship. Either that or Mako is very confused as to what he wants. If anything, they should have waited till season 2 for any sort of love interest to show up. I kinda wanted her to get with Bolin but yeah.... didn't happen.

I think we all can agree that certain aspects of Season 1 were horribly rushed, including that relationship. Either that or Mako is very confused as to what he wants. If anything, they should have waited till season 2 for any sort of love interest to show up. I kinda wanted her to get with Bolin but yeah.... didn't happen.

I don't know if anyone else caught it but I like how the writers made fun of the rushed relationship last episode when Bolin told Mako that Mako was an expert at pulling off the Band-Aid quickly on a relationship a.k.a dumping a girlfriend

Edited by Dreamy Luigi

From what I can tell, both the creators know how unpopular Mako and Korra are and how rushed the romance was in the first season, but sort of defend it with the "that's what our love lives were like!" sort of thing.

I'm not entirely sure however. While I don't think any of that is official or rumor, it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if true.

One of the guys behind the show tweeted that breaking up is like tearing off a band-aid, but since there were no band-aids then a leech reference would work instead tongue.png

well, seeing the kind of girl Bolin was forced with, I can see why he said leech, despite the lack of band-aids in their world.

I do hope tonight's episode gives us more Spirit World stuff already after the trial or whatever ends since I still think it has something to do with Ikki's disappearance.

Eska is pissed oh boy dis gunna be good oh and obvious bad guy is obvious

Edited by Dejimon11

Welp, anyone who had doubts Unalaq was bad can kiss it right now (seriously, there were people who thought he was "too obvious" even though, let's face it, almost every villain in Avatar has been an obvious bad guy).

I was wrong about Ikki, but it's alright since it did lead to a heartfelt apology for both the kids and Tenzin and his siblings.

And poor Bolin. He just continues to be the bottom end of luck so far this season.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so glad we finally have an episode that convinced me to root for Korra for any reason besides "I like Unalaq less"

It's also good that he has a genuine motive now besides just being evil for the sake of it. Granted, it's basically a generic hunger for power but wanting to foster the Avatar to get it is an interesting twist.

I continue to be mad that Korra constantly bends with punches, what the fuck ever happened to distinct martial arts forms for each element?

All around best episode in this season but that doesn't say a terrible lot unfortunately

Looool that ending had me rolling. Decent episode, nothing really all too surprising tbh. Lookin forward to seeing how the story will develop now that the obligatory stuff is set up.

Best moment of the episode? I don't have one. This was an all around great episode. Had some of that series one charm to it. We now have a new azula. And I feel she is going to be 7x more crazy than anyone else. Tenzin and his family are back on track. And the only thing missing is New Iroh. Maybe it's just me but I feel that he will be returning this season. It's all set up for it. Big U (Korra's uncle) is a jerk. And I love it. Cynical and all of the above. I even love the darker tone this episode took when the judge was ready to put down the males. Korra basically said "spare my people or die with them". I seriously feel a Lion King vibe from this all. 

As someone else said, best episode of the season by far. Which is good since this season has been pretty good. Miles better than the last....