Awoo.

goku262002

But thats the thing, I don't think there is a way to learn to resist the technique without learning the technique. for a normal water bender I can see blood bending corrupting somebody but for the avatar he/she has got 100+ different voices in his/her head setting him/her on the right path, I don't think an avatar can get corrupt without somehow blocking getting the spirit connection cut off.

Korra had hers blocked off by a mental block, Aang had his cut off from injuries until he rammed his back into a rock and got it back. but other then those 2 exceptions, avatars usually have their spirit guides from the start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Korra is moving from Nick to Nicktoons starting Oct. 9th:
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/124210-legend-of-korra-moves-to-nicktoons.html

theres no reason given why, hopefully their isn't a problem with the show and they are trying to shove it to a deadzone slot to kill it off.

Edited by goku262002

Didn't Aang resist Bloodbending by simply going into the Avatar State?

Not really, his avatar state created a windstorm that stunned Yakon for a bit to have Aang get his barings again.

Not really, his avatar state created a windstorm that stunned Yakon for a bit to have Aang get his barings again.

Well, the Avatar State is meant to be a defense-mechanism when properly controlled. With Yakone almost killing him, it's easy to view the Avatar State kicking in when Aang was in that position.

This has been bugging since the end of the last series. If the Avatar (Aang or Korra) Can take one's bending and return it. Would it be possible to give a completely non-bender the ability to bend any of the elements?

that's actually a good question. Probably comes down too "they don't have the right control over their ki" or something.

So that last episode.... Korra got that information out of that judge a little TOO easy. I swear, some aspects of this new season seemed as rushed as the first season. Given, I'm still loving the show but still...

Edited by LunarEdge

I think people have more of a problem with her threatening to kill the judge in court rather than the interrogation itself.

Hell no! nothing should be too much for the Avatar!!

The Avatars are basically sponges for knowledge and they use that knowledge for future avatars via Avatar State. fuck let Korra learn Blood and Lightning Bending, its gonna benefit some future Avatar later. 

With that in mind, she needs to learn Metal bending as well. I can't even begin to explain how useful that would have been during season one. And the fact that Toph never taught Aang that (to our knowledge) is beyond me. 

So the ones she actually need are....

-Blood Bending (so she knows how to resist it, and use it as a last resort)

-Lightning Bending (another form of fire, and so she can redirect it if it is ever used against her. Should have been a staple.)

-Metal Bending (This one is obvious. I believe this should have been a staple. Especially with the Republic city cops know it)

Hmmm. I just thought of something. 3 out of the 4 elements have a 2nd bending form. Fire>lightning.....Earth>Metal.......Water>Blood>liquid ect..... What is Air's? Can't really say energy bending since that was taught to Aang by a turtle. And that seems to be a Avatar exclusive move. 

I think people have more of a problem with her threatening to kill the judge in court rather than the interrogation itself.

I don't. I kinda like how it pushes things as welle as contrasting with Aang's so called refusal to kill nature.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 5

With that in mind, she needs to learn Metal bending as well. I can't even begin to explain how useful that would have been during season one. And the fact that Toph never taught Aang that (to our knowledge) is beyond me. 

So the ones she actually need are....

-Blood Bending (so she knows how to resist it, and use it as a last resort)

-Lightning Bending (another form of fire, and so she can redirect it if it is ever used against her. Should have been a staple.)

-Metal Bending (This one is obvious. I believe this should have been a staple. Especially with the Republic city cops know it)

Hmmm. I just thought of something. 3 out of the 4 elements have a 2nd bending form. Fire>lightning.....Earth>Metal.......Water>Blood>liquid ect..... What is Air's? Can't really say energy bending since that was taught to Aang by a turtle. And that seems to be a Avatar exclusive move. 

Shouldn't she know how to at least redirect lighting in the avatar state seeing how it's something that Aang knew how to do? Given, I agree, I don't know why Korra doesn't know Metal Bending at least.

You also got to realize that all their second forms of bending contain their initial bending element to an extent. Metal has earth in it, blood has water and lighting, like fire, is a very hot source or energy. What does air have? I would imagine maybe at one point an Air Bender can bend something like other gases or something but that's all I can think of XD. Maybe bend more than one gas and combine them or something.... I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Edited by LunarEdge

Shouldn't she know how to at least redirect lighting in the avatar state seeing how it's something that Aang knew how to do? Given, I agree, I don't know why Korra doesn't know Metal Bending at least.

You also got to realize that all their second forms of bending contain their initial bending element to an extent. Metal has earth in it, blood has water and lighting, like fire, is a very hot source or energy. What does air have? I would imagine maybe at one point an Air Bender can bend something like other gases or something but that's all I can think of XD. Maybe bend more than one gas and combine them or something.... I'm just throwing ideas out there.

or a water/air combo that makes a water spout. ( a tornado in the water)

They've done that already in the series with just water bending alone.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to figure out what secondary "element" Air benders can....well.... Bend. They almost went extinct they should be happy they got one thing to bend anyway! XD

Yeah, it's kinda hard to figure out what secondary "element" Air benders can....well.... Bend. They almost went extinct they should be happy they got one thing to bend anyway! XD

Soundbending maybe?

• Thumbs Up 3

Soundbending maybe?

Considering sound is transferred by a medium like Air...possibly.

“Quick question: Is this thing fast enough to get away from my crazy waterbending ex-girlfriend?” Bolin asks.

And I am reminded why I got into the franchise of Avatar, man I loved this episode! biggrin.png

Dat ending.....and Meelo's invincible lemur army.

And oh yeah, Korra and Mako finally break up....but for how long?

Edited by DarkLight

and oh yeah, Korra and Mako finally break up....but for how long?

Hopefully forever!

Yeah, this was a good episode...and that cliffhanger..

Hopefully forever!

I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Hopefully forever!

I second that forever.

But knowing Mike and Bryan and their insistence with this couple, I have a feeling they will get back together soon... =(

Good episode. Though the cliffhanger is gonna leave me speculating all week.  >_< 

Dat ending.....and Meelo's invincible lemur army.     and oh yeah, Korra and Mako finally break up....but for how long?
2 episodes

And there was the moment we all knew was coming. Mako being a dick. Seriously, how can you stab someone in the back like that if you "love" them? Now for the massive amount of hate towards Mako for a week. 

Besides that, this was a good episode. Not sure if I like the president or not though. Who cares. We saw a brief return of Iroh. Sucks we probably wont see him anymore. And ONE MORE THING. Firelord? Could this be the return of Zuko? Could we eventually see Zuko's son? My body is ready.