Awoo.

goku262002

Okay, how many terrorist attacks are they gonna pull in this series? This is like Avatar meets Ghost in the Shell, but with benders instead of cyborgs.

And dat ending. Day-um.

In other news, Mako and Korra break-up. I wanna say it's about damn time, but day-um...what a way to end it.

People are still gonna find a way to pin this on Mako. I know it

Well....he DID rat her out....

Something about this episode seemed.....off, animation wise. can't quite place it.

Anyways, When the hell is Korra going to get off her period? seriously shes been going Jack Bauer on everybody for the past 3 episodes and doesn't seem to be letting up. Yeah I can understand her family is in danger but it doesn't mean you should treat everyone around you like dirt, Hell I don't even think Mako deserved his desk being kicked over like that. and the whole Meelo training lemurs sub-plot bored the hell out of me.

Eh on the Korra Mako breaking up thing, I saw it coming. those 2 just don't fit and all they do is bitch at eachother, it was an annoying sub-plot to be honest. at least now maybe they will address the whole what the fuck happened with Asami and Mako thing instead of just having the both of them there ignoring eachother's existence.

This episode just felt like it was there, I could've skipped this and still been okay on the plot. guess you can call it a filler then.

EDIT: glad nobody caught that but still its been a long day, my bad. I need sleep now.

*Fixed*

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well nothing truly impressed me with this episode, except Mako and Korra finally broke up. Thank God. I also wonder what's gonna happen once Eska catches up to Bolin.

Well....he DID rat her out....

He was asked a direct question from the President, and he knew Korra's idea of going behind his back was a bad one. What was he supposed to do?

He was asked a direct question from the President, and he knew Korra's idea of going behind his back was a bad one. What was he supposed to do?

Fair enough, honestly Korra has been acting like a huge bitch for awhile now and if she knew the position her boyfriend was in she wouldn't have forced him to make the decision of breaking up with her in the first place.

I mean, I DO like the end result, but the means to get there was pretty much Korra's doing.

Eww I defended Mako.

Yes people, if al of you would actually take off the hate glasses from Season 1, Mako actually isn't all that bad. :V

While Korra was definitely acting irrational, she's not exactly wrong because her parents and home are in danger and she's aware of how much of a dick Unalaq is. However, even if she has valid reasons for her actions, other characters still didn't completely agree with her. 

Korra's problem is that she has a "You're either with me or against me" attitude about everything, she never considers that her problems might not be everyone else's problems even if she is the Avatar.

I really liked this episode, while it wasn't very plot driven it made up for it with the characters.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yeah about that president, I don't trust him at all anymore. hes up to something but I'm not sure if its involved with the whole North/South water tribe plot.

Yeah about that president, I don't trust him at all anymore. hes up to something but I'm not sure if its involved with the whole North/South water tribe plot.

What makes you say that? 

What makes you say that?

Just the overall way hes acting, its suspicious. re-watch the episode you'll know what I mean. 

Echoing what Azure said in that while there was nothing wrong with what Korra is fighting for, her attitude didn't match that at all.

But TBF, she's taking this in a emotional state than a logical one and it makes sense given what's happened so far has been really personal for her. She's frustrated that things aren't going her way and she's panicking about what will happen to her tribe and parents, that's understandable. However, that doesn't excuse her shouting, "YOU BETRAYED ME!" towards anyone who's thinking more logically about this situation than her and complete lack of understanding that she's not the only one who has a big responsibility. Just because Mako was your boyfriend doesn't mean he has to put up with all of your shit especially when you can't take a breather and take a step back to listen what he's trying to say without blowing him off as a "traitor."

But to talk about something else for a change, kind of interesting to see Eska genuinely heart-broken and blames Korra for "stealing her boyfriend." when she first appeared and made Bolin her boyfriend, it didn't seem like she really liked him but rather the power and control she had over him. So when I saw she was still sporting the messed up mascara and implied desire to kill her own cousin until Unalaq said she must be alive, I was like, 'Woah, Bolin meant more to her than I thought than just having someone she could toy around with.' So I guess there was someone one-sided romance, just in messed up way given who the girl is.

So these Agni Kai thugs...could they be the same thugs who killed Mako and Bolin's parents as well as Asami's mom? Though given where the plot is going, it's likely that's all we'll see or hear of them.

And regarding the big Dark Spirit at the end that resisted Korra's spirit-bending, it kind of gives off that maybe Unalaq has been controlling them the whole time. Though if true, that would raise the question of why he didn't send the thing off to get Korra instead of the twins. But eh, that's just my guess at the moment and could be proven wrong.

Edited by DarkLight

Just the overall way hes acting, its suspicious. re-watch the episode you'll know what I mean. 

I really don't see anything suspicious about it; he's not willing to throw his entire army into a war that he originally had nothing to do with without enough information, and he won't tolerate even the Avatar going behind his back to do so.

Korra lacks perspective. When she latches on a side, she simply can't see why anybody else would oppose her or even question her(I'm like this as well, but when I do it, I'm able to place arguments for my stance and temperament and I usually argue for outside my experience). She couldn't see that what Unalaq was doing was clearly an Invasion if not a hostile takeover because of information that her dad may have done something bad and kept her from seeing the world at a young age ignoring that a parent has every right to want to spend time with his/her child until they are old enough and what Tarlock did to the spirit forest place was practical and did not have any right or wrong value into it unless you account for tradition and the attack of the spirits afterwards who I still say are the real problem as they can be reasoned with, but outright refuse to be reasoned with.

Anyways, she did not see how the trial would have rigged because the judge was clearly from the Northern Water Tribe or at least would have served Northern interests so any attempt of a fair trial would have been thrown out immediately as we have seen in the Bradley Manning trial in which Manning was accused of selling out information to the media at the expense of the government while being at the mercy of the government. In the case of the latter, government supposedly has legitimate claim to the case because they have popular sovereignty over the citizens of the Continental U.S. and it's territories while the Northern Tribe has no legitimate case to persecute Southern Interest. The trial was more akin to the Nuremberg trials which were steeped in hypocrisy.Back to Korra, she became complicit to her own tribe's invasion because she refused to see it as what it was. She thought of it as a spiritual cleansing of the South which was the same justification Catholic Europeans used to colonize parts of Africa. Before anyone says that the water tribes are one in the same, clearly they are not. There would not have been a cultural rift between the tribes if that were true.

After Korra realized what Unalaq was doing, she went for the correct decision and chose to hep the real victims: the Southern Water Tribe. Of course, she completely abandoned any goodwill towards the North and outright refused to see it from their perspective as well as she unanimously sees any attack towards the Southern Tribe as an attack from some radical Northern Tribe supporters. She can't see that the Northern Tribe is not Unalaq and they only know what they are told.She unknowingly casts every Northern Tribesmen in the same color as Unalaq. In her blind support for the Southern Tribe, she was willing to go behind the President's back and unintentionally start a military coup with his army.

Korra is pretty much the anti-Aang. Where Aang was reluctant to take sides and because of that lack of commitment, it caused a lot of problems whereas Korra is always in a rush to take sides and wonders why no one else is jumping the fence with her. I identify with Korra more than Aang, but she seriously needs a grey her black up a bit in the morality compartment.

And for once, Mako is a decent person. It took awhile, but it is about time.

• Thumbs Up 8

The President does seem suspicious alright, regardless Mako was given a direct order, and he is a noble man regardless of his relationship with the Avatar.

Starting to disklike you Korra, ya didn't need to act like a child when Mako told the truth to the President. Boy this is is gonna bite her back when she finds out that theirs more going here......

Oh.....wait.....it already did BITE her back, err....Swallowed....Eaten, whatever.laugh.png

Man the way people describe this show it sounds like its worse than the last air bender(the original series not that terrible movie)

Man the way people describe this show it sounds like its worse than the last air bender(the original series not that terrible movie)

...Nobody said it was bad dude, where are you even getting this vibe from?

...Nobody said it was bad dude, where are you even getting this vibe from?
Not here people that talk to in real life. I have a question what did eska do in this episode? Edited by Dejimon11

I think that The Last Airbender is better, but this is still an awesome show.

Basically its this switch to self-contained arcs that makes this show feel rushed. these creators obiviously work better under overstreching arcs, we had a better story when Airbender was a 3 arc series that dealt with 1 issue.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the seasons just need to be longer honestly, there's only so much you can do with 12 episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the seasons just need to be longer honestly, there's only so much you can do with 12 episodes.

Exactly thats why we are getting these snags and rushed feels. I'm sure we would have better pacing if these seasons had 24 episode arcs with some overarching.

Exactly thats why we are getting these snags and rushed feels. I'm sure we would have better pacing if these seasons had 24 episode arcs with some overarching.

Making it an even 20 episodes would be pretty good. I mean wasn't that what Book 1 of the original series was?

I think its also because there's simply not enough time to establish these characters; Asami joined midway through Season 1 and Bolin fell out of the spotlight around that time and so far Asami hasn't done much this season. If there were more episodes like this, character driven and focused on relationships then the rushed feeling wouldn't be so apparent.