Awoo.

goku262002

Oh great, General No-Puberty has returned. He did give the hilarious line, "My mother and grandfather have always been good friends to the avatar and the southern water tribe", though. Hahaha.

Good episode, though. Varrick is great. A much better Sokka replacement than Bolin ever was. Animation wasn't all to good. I was happy to see Mako call Korra out on her shit. He's actually become likeable.

Hmmm. I just thought of something. 3 out of the 4 elements have a 2nd bending form. Fire>lightning.....Earth>Metal.......Water>Blood>liquid ect..... What is Air's? Can't really say energy bending since that was taught to Aang by a turtle. And that seems to be a Avatar exclusive move. 

We've already seen fart bending.

Man the way people describe this show it sounds like its worse than the last air bender(the original series not that terrible movie)

That's because it is.

Another to consider with Mako's "betrayal" is, had he lied about what was going on but the truth got out anyway, he would've lost his job and failed to provide not only himself, but Bolin as well. Unless Bolin has a job that could support both of them beside his partnership with Varrick, I don't think maintaining moral integrity was the only factor in Mako's decision to tell the president.

Edited by DarkLight

Im sorry, but this was the worst episode so far.

It is here when I realize that the romance is garbage in this show, not even waiting ONE episode before paring Mako and Asami up AGAIN, what the fuck is up with that shit?

Varrick being evil is such shit, he was my favorite character in the show dammit. They better explain that.

And Korra getting amnesia is such a asspull, like really, you couldnt think of any better plot point? You had to go for amnesia...?

And Bolin is a such a fucking asshole now, and you can tell that they have nothing to do with him other than putting him in irrelevant bullshit like being a some movie actor.

We've hit an all time low so they better recover.

Edited by SoniManbeast

Another thing I didn't really like was Bolin already making moves on that actress chick when he knows fully well that he still has an overly vengeful ex still out on the prowl for him.

It's like we're seeing another love-triangle taking place here.

He's gone from the biggest victim to the biggest jerk so far this season. He's at least getting more screentime and relevance than last season sure, but at the expense of making him almost like Mako was in Season 1.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I don't know, I thought it was cool. Then again, over-the-top cop shows are kind of my thing so this episode checked a lot of boxes for me. I like the Triple Threats and their previous interactions in the show, so seeing them again was a nice bonus. I also found it interesting they are still operating after their leaders lost their bending. Bringing up the whole love triangle thing so soon was a tad off-putting, but I'd rather they correct the lack of closure from last season than continue awkwardly limping around it. I wouldn't worry about the Eska-Bolin-Ginger thing: there's not a chance that it will be played for anything serious.

Dat ending tho.

tumblr_mu6ccj14Ko1rss05ao2_500.gif

Edited by BlazingTales

Can't say this was great. But it did serve as a nice filler episode. Lack of the Airbender family really hurt. And Korra getting Amnesia was unexpected. I thought she would end up in the spirit world or something. Not on Fire Nation territory with amnesia. New Bolin is likeable to me. I enjoyed him being a complete ass to Mako. He deserved it. I feel bad that Mako, besides breaking up with Korra this season, is getting a ton of shit. He actually has not done any real wrong besides betraying Korra last episode. Asami v Mako though....that was too soon. I really hope that goes no where. I'd hate to see them back together only for one of them to crush the other. 

I think the biggest problem with this series is the amount of characters they have. They have too many, and they try to balance them out in a couple episodes.

Hmm, I don't know. This episode didn't sit well with me at all. In all honest I have gotten over the whole Asami X Mako X Korra so anything related to it is whatever. But this season is starting to go all over the place. We went from having two tribes in the mist of a civil war to having now Varack ( however its spelled) potentially double crossing the protagonists. I'm giving the show 2 more episodes to straighten some things out if not then I'm out and will watch from the sidelines until it get better.

I get the feeling once we get into learning about the first Avatar that is somehow going to fix Korra's amnesia.

Despite my grievances about jerk Bolin, I'd more tolerant with it if he had been only a jerk to Mako because of the shitty break-up advice and if what he was doing was treated as more important than what Mako was doing...which it wasn't. Hope he enjoys being an actor since once Varrick is exposed and the civil war has ended, cause it's obviously going to all end by the season finale.

And I'll say this much about Varrick, he makes a less obvious villain than Unalaq. Yeah, it sucks to those who ended up liking him for his charisma and eccentric personality, but if you think about it, those are good qualities for him to have as a villain, probably more so than Unalaq. With Unalaq, he was more straight-forward, you knew from the get-go something was off about him. But with Varrick, it was done a bit more cleverly.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow. I think this is a clear case of some grey morality here. They really showed the stakes here.

As far as the whole AsamiXMako thing again? Yeah, if I've learned anything about the creators, it's that they really enjoy fucking with the fans. So it's best not to let it get to you guys so much. I mean, they know how much people hate Mako, and it's still a question of if they'll get together (I mean, it was just an awkward kiss at the moment, wait and see what happens next). And Varrick is really sneaky, putting more question into who's side he's on as he slowly becomes villainous. For all his good intentions, he's like the reverse of Hiroshi Sato.

Also it's funny how Bolin is slowly starting to take Mako's place as the jerk. And Korra receiving amnesia? Um, I wanna say that's not gonna go well since the whole amnesia thing has been milked so hard to death in media that it's redundant, but who knows how this'll play out? It may or may not be interesting, but time will tell how this goes.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic

Welp, I can't say I really hated this episode either. 

The crime drama parts were by far the best part of the episode, and no Tenzin's family to drag it down(Yes, people I didn't last episode's focus on Meelo, deal with it). Maybe its because I love crime dramas, but that was some good shit. I love how Mako is going above and beyond his duty to solve this case and I can easily see him becoming a detective by the end of the season.

You guys can hate Jerk!Bolin all you want, but I consider this a definite step up from the first half of the season and season 1 where he was ignored or just Comic Relief. Now he has an actual character arc to go through. And his hostility towards Mako is entirely justified because Mako blew him off similarly last episode too. Bolin feels he's found a calling and he's trying to prove to his brother that he can have a life.

Asami...well, its nice to see her finally getting some focus as well. Trying to maintain her company, and its just all going to shit for her. And no, I'm not going to hold that kiss against her because its common for a couple to still harbor feelings for their exes. Seriously, is everyone going to complain about the slightest tinge of romance in this series whenever it shows up. :\

Varrick....ya know, I had my suspicions about him but I'm not surprised he's a villain, or at least working for Unalaq; He's a businessman before anything else and he's going to do whatever it takes to get ahead. You guys may hate it, but it was a good idea to get us to like him with his personality and helping the Krew before outing him.

Korra getting Amnesia...was unexpected, but it does at least explain why she meets the first Avatar. Going to have to wait to see how it plays out.

So yea, screw all this negativity I liked this episode too.

• Thumbs Up 4

To be honest, it makes sense to not have the Airbender family have focus for this one episode simply because so much else was going on and needed more focus. And we already know that whatever happened in the second episode with Jinora at the Air Temple will come back later and she'll maybe act as a guide for Korra when we do eventually see the Spirit World.

Seriously, is everyone going to complain about the slightest tinge of romance in this series whenever it shows up. :\

Well considering how rush and poorly done the romance was in the last season, I don't blame people for having their guards up to call foul.

But I think this is just Mike and Bryan trolling us again.

hahaha I'm caught up! and I only totally lost my shit once!

Welp, I can't say I really hated this episode either.

The series has done worse than the latest episode 

The crime drama parts were by far the best part of the episode, and no Tenzin's family to drag it down(Yes, people I didn't last episode's focus on Meelo, deal with it). Maybe its because I love crime dramas, but that was some good shit. I love how Mako is going above and beyond his duty to solve this case and I can easily see him becoming a detective by the end of the season.

The fact that Mako was dumb enough to go to crime lords for help when he's an officer just adds to the fire of him being an asshole. In fact there's a name for this bullshit.Cops get arrested for this crap, you don't fraternize with criminals, let alone crime lords, when you're an officer of the law.

You guys can hate Jerk!Bolin all you want, but I consider this a definite step up from the first half of the season and season 1 where he was ignored or just Comic Relief. Now he has an actual character arc to go through. And his hostility towards Mako is entirely justified because Mako blew him off similarly last episode too. Bolin feels he's found a calling and he's trying to prove to his brother that he can have a life.

Agreed. Bolin being the punching bag for every stupid joke this show has come up with was getting old.  I can't say I didn't cringe at how stupid (even though intentional) those movies were though.

But him telling his brother to piss off? I think confetti flew out my ears.

Asami...well, its nice to see her finally getting some focus as well. Trying to maintain her company, and its just all going to shit for her. And no, I'm not going to hold that kiss against her because its common for a couple to still harbor feelings for their exes. Seriously, is everyone going to complain about the slightest tinge of romance in this series whenever it shows up. :\

half-agreed. I'm glad Asami wasn't taken out of the picture after ASSHOLE MAKO FUCKING ASAGSDFGFSD- Sorry. I'm glad she wasn't cast aside after Season 1.

But people don't complain about the romance. They complain about how frequent it is and shittily handled it is. And again, there's a name for it.

Varrick....ya know, I had my suspicions about him but I'm not surprised he's a villain, or at least working for Unalaq; He's a businessman before anything else and he's going to do whatever it takes to get ahead. You guys may hate it, but it was a good idea to get us to like him with his personality and helping the Krew before outing him.

I didn't see it coming, but I really should have in hindsight. Interested to see where it leads, but I wouldn't expect these writers to handle it well.

Korra getting Amnesia...was unexpected, but it does at least explain why she meets the first Avatar. Going to have to wait to see how it plays out.

Amnesia is one of the laziest plot elements in the history of writing, and is a testiment to how terrible these writers are. They had to resort to the most bottom-of-the-barrel tired cliché to (presumably) tie into the meeting of the first avatar plot point.

So yea, screw all this negativity I liked this episode too.

It's one of the better Season 2 episodes so far, it didn't have much of Korra bitching for starters.

ANYWAYS

I'm caught up now. I don't give enough of a shit to write another summary, so I'll just post a screen cap from my Tumblr.

Capture_zps86a3b426.png

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 2

I could continue to play Pokemon or argue on the Internet....I'm obviously going to take the smart route...

The fact that Mako was dumb enough to go to crime lords for help when he's an officer just adds to the fire of him being an asshole. In fact there's a name for this bullshit.Cops get arrested for this crap, you don't fraternize with criminals, let alone crime lords, when you're an officer of the law.

Mako even said it was a bad idea but was out of options, and Asami's company was about to go under. It doesn't help that Lin was being a dumb shit and ignoring him.

Agreed. Bolin being the punching bag for every stupid joke this show has come up with was getting old.  I can't say I didn't cringe at how stupid (even though intentional) those movies were though.

But him telling his brother to piss off? I think confetti flew out my ears.

Mako did the same shit to him last episode, don't really think he didn't have a right to do the same. Ya'll give Mako so much shit, but then complain when he gets shit :V

[half-agreed. I'm glad Asami wasn't taken out of the picture after ASSHOLE MAKO FUCKING ASAGSDFGFSD- Sorry. I'm glad she wasn't cast aside after Season 1.

But people don't complain about the romance. They complain about how frequent it is and shittily handled it is. And again, there's a name for it.

But this complaint only applies to Season 1 tho; This season has been so light on romance so far that I sometimes forget its there. And going back to this, the romance was handled shittily, so can you really blame Asami for acting purely on impulse considering all of the shit that's happened to her with her Ex-boyfriend?

I didn't see it coming, but I really should have in hindsight. Interested to see where it leads, but I wouldn't expect these writers to handle it well.

Your optimism is reassuring.

Amnesia is one of the laziest plot elements in the history of writing, and is a testiment to how terrible these writers are. They had to resort to the most bottom-of-the-barrel tired cliché to (presumably) tie into the meeting of the first avatar plot point.

You're acting like Amnesia has always been written terribly :\

Edited by Dark Yakuzu

Mako did the same shit to him last episode, don't really think he didn't have a right to do the same. Ya'll give Mako so much shit, but then complain when he gets shit :V

I think we have a miscomunication. I was glad Bolin told him to piss off.

You're acting like Amnesia has always been written terribly :\

It's not that. It's just been so overdone that it causes groans.

Blame the entertainment industry as a whole for milking it to death.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we have a miscomunication. I was glad Bolin told him to piss off.

Oohhh, then yea I concur. It was glorious.

...Ahh the confetti was celebration....I really shouldn't be typing after 12 hours of Pokemon.

It's not that. It's just been so overdone that it causes groans.

Blame the entertainment industry as a whole for milking it to death.

....Yea I can't argue with that.

I can understand and excuse Korra acting a total bitch because her entire family is in danger and she can't do shit about it. That being said, she's still being a bitch and I hope that she fixes her attitude. 

As for Mako, here's what I don't get....

"I can't go behind the president's back and let you get help from general iroh, but I CAN go behind the president's back to hire gang members!" 

Ugh.....

I can understand and excuse Korra acting a total bitch because her entire family is in danger and she can't do shit about it. That being said, she's still being a bitch and I hope that she fixes her attitude. 

As for Mako, here's what I don't get....

"I can't go behind the president's back and let you get help from general iroh, but I CAN go behind the president's back to hire gang members!" 

Ugh.....

That's not really the same case:

In the former, Mako was asked a direct question from the president himself, and he knew Korra's plan of escalating a civil war wasn't a good idea. Which is why he outed her.

In the latter, Mako is still trying to prevent a Civil War and get help from the Police, but nobody is willing to help him and Asami's company is about to go under. He knows its a bad idea, but he was out of options.

The former is Mako preventing Korra from doing an extremely rash action, the latter is Mako is clearly out of options.