Awoo.

goku262002

Korra didn't have many options left either, and Mako, the former gang member turned cop, hiring gang members to help is pretty borderline stupid if you ask me. Far stupider than what Korra was trying to cook up, but I digress.  

Neither had particularly good ideas and both paid for them, it's kinda moot to argue whose idea was stupider.

I'll repeat this here.

In the 2 seasons I've known her, I think of Asami like the blaze of the series, in that grey zone where nobody really hates her because she doesn't really do anything to anybody and shes allways getting a shit end of the stick..

Shes not a two timing jerk, or a demi-god hot-headed bitch on a period, or a (currently) ego-filled joker, or whoever the hell else in this mess of a season.

Just a girl, trying to save her family business thanks to her fuckhead of a dad screwing their good name into the ground so she doesn't go homeless while these benders fight and drama around her.

To quote Hughes from FMA:
"A person like me shouldn't get dragged into a freak-show with you pack of pseudo-humans! It's bad for my health!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Eeyup, Asami is the most normal of the protagonists...which is why she seems to get the most shit on her.

It's funny, because they originally intended Asami to be an Equalist spy in the concept phase.

It's funny, because they originally intended Asami to be an Equalist spy in the concept phase.

Then I'm glad they didn't go with that. The "Sexy Seductive Spy" crap is also a tired cliche.

Also, does anyone else find the idea of Aang being a shitty father surreal?

Then I'm glad they didn't go with that. The "Sexy Seductive Spy" crap is also a tired cliche.

Boo. Boo!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say it's more people don't know or want to go beyond what they're familiar with to be more creative.

If Asami was a spy, it would have been obvious as fuck "Oh, beautiful woman who just happens to run into one of the protagonists and immediately offers a date" in fact, when it turns out she wasn't spy I was genuinely shocked, because they actually didn't go through with it.

Plus, it was nice to see all of the Asami haters from last season put in their fucking place.

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest. At first when she was introduced, I thought that of her. But later in S1, I'm glad she didn't end up like that. 

Jumping back on the Mako bandwagon. Besides breaking up with Korra this season, and telling his brother to piss off.....(it's really not as bad as some of you think. The guy is stressed) I really think he's not that bad of a character. Just like a mass majority of the characters in this series, he's done stupid shit. But at least he is trying to stop a civil war with what little resources he has. And after the shit he was in last season, this is actually better for him. Not by much though.

Korra, she's a bitch. That's a given. But would you not act the same way when your family, friends, clan is about to go into a civil war with your sister tribe because your uncle is a jealous dick? While everyone is giving her shit, she's actually not that bad of a character this season.

Bolin. I honestly started to hate him. Only because of how the writers through him off as a comic relief. Now that he has a meaning, he's a likable character. 

Varrick was a massive plot twist. Just as I was starting to like the guy and believe he was somewhat part of Team Avatar, this shit happens. I'm not going to say he's a villain. More like an extra character. One who's only in it for him. And in a way, he's helping Asami out. So far, it's not been proven that Varrick is working for the North Tribe. If anything, he's getting back at the North Tribe in his own way. While making his company his priority.

Tenzin and his family....I'm waiting to see what happens. Can't wait for them to return to the screen. 

What really throws me off. Since when does the President have power over Iroh's army? Iroh's army is from the United something something. Not Republic city. 

Lastly, are these really the writers from series 1? "Appa's Lost days" and  "Tales of Ba Sing Se" alone had more story in them than the entire series 2. This is not right. Besides Bumi, Asami and Meelo, I don't really have a favorite MAIN character. It's bad when I prefer the side characters over the main characters. 

Edit: I lied. Amon was a fantastic character. The best thing to come out of the entire series so far. I really hope he lived from that explosion so he gets a return.

Edited by Eternal EX

To be honest. At first when she was introduced, I thought that of her. But later in S1, I'm glad she didn't end up like that.

Jumping back on the Mako bandwagon. Besides breaking up with Korra this season, and telling his brother to piss off.....(it's really not as bad as some of you think. The guy is stressed) I really think he's not that bad of a character. Just like a mass majority of the characters in this series, he's done stupid shit. But at least he is trying to stop a civil war with what little resources he has. And after the shit he was in last season, this is actually better for him. Not by much though.

Korra, she's a bitch. That's a given. But would you not act the same way when your family, friends, clan is about to go into a civil war with your sister tribe because your uncle is a jealous dick? While everyone is giving her shit, she's actually not that bad of a character this season.

Bolin. I honestly started to hate him. Only because of how the writers through him off as a comic relief. Now that he has a meaning, he's a likable character.

Varrick was a massive plot twist. Just as I was starting to like the guy and believe he was somewhat part of Team Avatar, this shit happens. I'm not going to say he's a villain. More like an extra character. One who's only in it for him. And in a way, he's helping Asami out. So far, it's not been proven that Varrick is working for the North Tribe. If anything, he's getting back at the North Tribe in his own way. While making his company his priority.

Tenzin and his family....I'm waiting to see what happens. Can't wait for them to return to the screen.

What really throws me off. Since when does the President have power over Iroh's army? Iroh's army is from the United something something. Not Republic city.

Lastly, are these really the writers from series 1? "Appa's Lost days" and "Tales of Ba Sing Se" alone had more story in them than the entire series 2. This is not right. Besides Bumi, Asami and Meelo, I don't really have a favorite MAIN character. It's bad when I prefer the side characters over the main characters.

Edit: I lied. Amon was a fantastic character. The best thing to come out of the entire series so far. I really hope he lived from that explosion so he gets a return.

It's been confirmed by Mike and Bryan that he's gone for good.

Republic City is the capital of the United Republics which the President governs over, not just the city alone. As the United Forces are part of the United Forces military, he is effectively it's Commander in Chief.

Am I the only one who wonders what Tenzin does for a living in Season 2 now?

He probably doesn't have one now that the Council fell through prior to Season 2 and just wants to spend more time with his family.

But to draw some attention, this week's episode will be a hour long entitled 'Beginnings.' Sounds like we're definitely getting into the first Avatar already.

Early retirement most likely seeing as his job no longer exists. not like the guy is ever gonna go homeless, hes basically king airbender Tenzin never really had to work to begin with.

Edited by goku262002

He's a full time, stay at home daddy. But yeah, just like any other politician be it fictional or real, probably has a lot of influence in Republic City and could always get something else if need be.

So that last episode seemed rush to me and had a LOT (maybe too much) of plot put into it. Hey, let's stop the civil war! Asami, I got yo' back, no one is stealing your shit anymore. Hey, we can't stop this civil war! Mako: "Korra, we just can't be together anymore!" Korra: "Fine faggot! *Flips desk*" Darn, planned failed to save Asami's shit, kissy kiss. Mako: "Hey, I think I know whose behind people stealing yo shit Asami" *Varrick turns slowly on his chair with nasty grin on face* "So good to see you Mako."

Yo Korra...sup? "Whose Korra?"

Well that was pretty great.

Though it's kind of obvious Unalaq and Varrick aren't the only villains now or at least just became secondary villains. 

They're obviously hinting Vatu's going to come back with the return of the Harmonic Dissonance. And I'll bet Unalaq's true plan for everything he's done has been about releasing Vatu since he wanted both portals to be opened.

Edited by DarkLight

That was.....perfection. Wow. Best episode of Korra? Without a fucking doubt. Best episode of ATLA? Shit, maybe. It was just THAT good.

• Thumbs Up 3

Those two episodes were better than anything in Korra previously.

The art direction was fantastic, Wan is a likeable character who becomes a legit badass by the end of it, and it was really cool seeing the mythos of the Avatar world and how Wan became the avatar, all the important shit about the spirits and how they're legit characters (who were really endearing) and that final fight hnnnngggg

Really, THIS is the kind of quality I expected from Korra, not that tripe we got in the previous episode. God dammit.

And of course Korra recovers from that amnesia, how fucking pointless

Edited by SoniManbeast
  • Thumbs Up 5

This is basically everything I could've wanted or expected from a sequel/spinoff of Avatar and honestly I wish they'd just made it a bit longer or had a short season of it or something, instead of the entirety of Korra.

Also dat FUCKIN MUSIC and dat FUCKIN ARTSTYLE

• Thumbs Up 3

going back to same old korra is going to be fucking depressing

Don't worry, we have Sonic Lost World to look forward t-

Aww maaaaan

The visuals and the music they were alll sooo gooooooood. It makes me sad that we have to go back to shipping and Civil War crap....

Why can't Korra be as likeable as Juan?

And I guess the amnesia subplot was entirely pointless, god damnit