Awoo.

People Unable to acess TSS

vger

It seems quiet a few people can't seem to access the site for some reason, it seems to be only affecting some people and not others (well I'm posting this aren't I?).

Any reason why this might happen?

I can get on the TSS front page but for some odd reason I cannot get on the Summer of Sonic website :/

Edited by Crash

It just took me a few minutes to get on anything TSS related, but it seems to be working fine for now.

I had to refresh the TSS main page three times to get on it earlier, but it seems all right now.

Besides, my internet connection isn't exactly what you'd call a "prime test subject"; it cuts out occasionally, and sometimes won't load images on pages properly. The "refresh to view" malarkey isn't new to me; sometimes, it's needed even if the site I'm trying to access isn't having server problems.

What's weird is that right now, one of my friends is having trouble accessing the forums. For some inexplicable reason, it won't load on FireFox or Chrome on his PC, and is giving a "server not found" error. How very odd...

I'm still being told by folks that they can't get on TSS or SSMB or SoS site.

That's normal. DNS won't drop instantly, but at the same time it won't come back instantly.

Affected users can try running Start > Run > ipconfig /flushdns (Windows)

Oh my God....... I'm back........ I'm home!........All the time....... YOU MANIACS!!!! YOU BLEW IT UP!! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm one of those people. Right now I'm over at a friend's house. It works fine on his computer. Please resolve this DNS thing ASAP. I can't access it at home.

Had problems myself until now.

And, ha! I knew it had something to do with the DNS, I just knew. Flushing the local DNS cache did not work however, and it seemed as if the entry was miles away from both my own and my ISPs DNS servers.

Keeping topic open for a further short bit to ensure that everyone are able to return to the SSMB smoothly.

I believe the issue for now has been successfully solved. The topic shall be locked for being answered.

Thanks for the heads up, vger. Now we know what may be the cause if the situation occurs again.

Topic has hereby been locked for the time being.