Awoo.

cute fluffy kittens

eXtaticus

I see no problem with the word filter and I'm not saying that just because he made a malicious attack against my illness. Every time the site is referenced or linked back to it causes nothing but trouble because most of their exclusives are based around collecting personal details e.g. names, addresses and phone numbers that he has no right to be digging up, illegal website hacks and causing drama around other sites such as TSS and Retro by getting the facts wrong in reports about them and shit stirring them up.

You can't blame us for not wanting any of that hate and illegal activity brought over here when all it does is cause arguments, intense debates and problems for the mods. As Dreadknux said, all the actual news he covers is from other sources so why don't you just link to those? Any exclusives he has are just non-news and shit stirring, surely there are better things to be talking about? Things have greatly improved here since Tristan was banned and the site given a filter, there's been barely any arguments and discussion has never been so good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care either way. Keep it if you must, eliminate it if you must, but let it be known that I am going to be as neutral on this as possible.

The (EDIT - Inflammatory - T) filter was much funnier anyway. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care either way. Keep it if you must, eliminate it if you must, but let it be known that I am going to be as neutral on this as possible.

The (EDIT - Inflammatory - T) filter was much funnier anyway. ;)

I didn't think so. I kicked up a big fuss about it, remember?

Actually after thinking about the word filter, really people have a right to go wherever the fuck they want on the internet without being impeeded by word filter, just because as a result of bitterness, and for your own kicks as well.

Edited by Major Ziggy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The filter staying on for as long as it has is basically beating a dead horse by this point, but it doesn't really affect me because I don't really bring the site up at all anyway.

I will make the point that it's entirely unnecessary, but anyone with even the slightest bit of common sense knows that. If it bugs some members that much I don't see what the issue is taking it off.

Arguing against taking it off doesn't really make any sense to me. As I said, it's completely unnecessary so if it bugs people just take it off. Easy. I see people making the point that when the site is referenced that it breaks out into arguing..

To that all I can say is.. 'people need to grow the fuck up?' If just mentioning a site is going to set people off, then those people need to work out their issues. It's such a goddamn trivial matter to be upset about. That, and the Tristan bashing you see in all those T.S.S.Z.-related topics is just as much beating a dead horse as the word filter is. In a way, they're basically the same thing.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sorry for my off-topic but I find rather hilarious that the "similar topic" function sends me to the "innuendo in sonic games" thread. :lol:

Anyways couldn't we just take the filter off and go on with our lives while not caring about the kjttens like we usually (or at least I would like to think we usually) do?

If you don't like to click links to their "exclusives" you can always... not click them... :unsure:

EDIT:

To that all I can say is.. 'people need to grow the fuck up?' If just mentioning a site is going to set people off, then those people need to work out their issues. It's such a goddamn trivial matter to be upset about. That, and the Tristan bashing you see in all those T.S.S.Z.-related topics is just as much beating a dead horse as the word filter is. In a way, they're basically the same thing.

^ this.

Edited by gato

To be fair, I wasn't arguing against taking it off. I was opening the floor to what other people's thoughts were on the matter. My posts were simply trying to explain why such measures were taken in the first place - there seems to be an awful lot of talk about 'bitterness' and 'childish reactions' on our part, and that's truly not the case. If it was, you wouldn't even be here because you'd hate it so much, right?

Like I said, I'm at work so it's not like I can do anything about it right now anyway. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think the filter should be lifted until Tristan apologises. Which will probably be never, and that's fine with me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think it should be lifted, and honestly, I get sick to death when people even reference that site and that boy as a joke.

90% of the stuff on those news stories are from other places, just link to the original source for gods sake.

Secondly, this is a boy who likes putting up articles which are nothing but personal attacks against people, snide and crude remarks typically stain the majority of what he writes. He's taken pot shots at almost all the main staff here and even had a couple at some normal members too. He's got so many double standards he'd give a bunch of Russian spies in the USA a run for their money, "Oh I don't censor my members... oh my whats that someone asking where I got that source from... right delete that comment, delete that comment... hmmm somone questioning my news story.... delete delete delete."

Then theres the other stuff like the 'alledged' and we have to say alledged because there was no charges were brought, incidents of assault.... against people of the opposite sex. Now it's all very well forgiving and forgetting, but when you continue to be an ass like he has done and still does, you need to be asking yourself... just why the hell am I going to that website anyway?

• Thumbs Up 5

The members don't need to say alledged, since we can't be sued, and you can't be sued for us saying it. XD

I will point something out to you guys, almost unrelated.

Since we do not charge you to use these forums, you are a guest. The rules and regulations the admin put down are in theory non-negotianable, this includes the inclusion of word filters and such.

Now to be fair we DO take you comments into consideration, as Dread is showing on this topic. However in the end you either have to respect the choices made, live with it or leave.

In response to the actual issue at hand I couldn't give a flying three headed monkey and I personally do not see the need to demand a change simply for convinience when a little effort goes a long way.

I have no opinon on TSSZ as a whole except I wish they would not use my full name, no one uses it, for the most part everyone calls me Urth both online and RL.

• Thumbs Up 4

Actually after thinking about the word filter, really people have a right to go wherever the fuck they want on the internet without being impeded by word filter...

What is this right to business. I have the right to post like a jackass on any site and most likely be banned, but this is Dread's site. As far as that site goes, I don't see them being linked more than once a month. It's not really a problem. They did have good coverage of the Ken Penders mess, but I like the filter, it's funny.

I couldn't care less about the implications of the filter itself. I see no need to link to that site in 99% of cases, and in the 1% where it may be pertinent, tinyurl exists. The only thing that bothers me about the TSSZ filter is the attention it draws to the site. The fact that we're even discussing them, and Tristan, again irks me. As you guys know, I try to shut down discussion of the site whenever it crops up, because it's usually off-topic and just turns into unhelpful rant-fests. The less attention we afford that place, the better (in my opinion).

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't really mind if the filter stays or goes, because I rarely bring up cute fluffy kittens anyways. To me, it's just a humorous little thing to get back at Tristian for being a jerk. You know what, it's more of "poking fun" than it is "getting back".

And I agree with the fact that their information is hardly ever exclusive and original; there are always other sources to get links from. Or just type in t s s z in your address bar yourself. It's not that much work.

• Thumbs Up 2

Replace "cute fluffy kittens" with something like "XXXX". I'm all for keeping the filter there, but the fact that it's so prominent and gives people an excuse to bring them up so often is being to get annoying.

Just replace it with it's full name.

The Super Sonic Zone.

Yes, that's actually what it stands for.

I honestly forgot about it until now. I use that site so little (read= almost never) anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shut it, you whining twats :F.

He is right, hit us harder roarz!!!!

[/simpsons reference that I think I did wrong because the joke was in the spanish version and I never heard the english one]

late EDIT because of effin' work: Sorry for being a retard here, it's just that I can't take anything related to the kittens seriously...

Having said that, if you guys say the filter actually have some use then I'm all for it but I can't see how a filter may have done such a thing as to reduce the amounts of drama, but I guess I'm just silly, thinking that people have become mature enough to know how to behave themselves. :mellow:

Edited by gato

Actually after thinking about the word filter, really people have a right to go wherever the fuck they want on the internet without being impeeded by word filter, just because as a result of bitterness, and for your own kicks as well.

Well no, like Urtheart said people who do not pay for/own a site are guests and while you have the right to go to 'whatever the fuck' site you want to go too, while on someones else's site you may have to abide by their rules.

As a comment to Chooch, I'm rather surprised since you were a moderator at another site so I would have expected you to understand that while members and such can incite/spark drama, it's us mods/admins/members of staff who have to deal with it. If we want to add something in to a) try to limit confrontation as much as possible, and B) add a little humor in effect to curtail the maliciousness that usually comes from said confrontation.........then I believe we are full within our rights to do so. As a mod I've had to crack down on /numerous/ topics where there have been outright attacks on the said site, that we the staff have decided we do not want in an effort to keep this site within our views of what we want this place to represent. Ever since the word filter (which I must say as to people who wonder why we didn't delete it after a set period of time, it wasn't exactly always on out minds >__>) I think that the amount of direct attacks towards other sites which we don't condone has dropped dramatically. Yes people may make fun of things, as cute fluffy kittens is a silly phrase, but surely it is better then the alternative that happens without it..........which us mods really don't want to constantly have to deal with.

Exactacus, you are taking this far beyond anything I think is reasonable. Stop being a drama llama, there would have been much better ways to go about this rather then trying to dig deep into this and taking it as a personally affront against your rights and proof that we have stooped into a seedy level completely devoid of integrity.

......and as for removing the word filter because it's 'unfunny'........I don't think many people on staff ever found the many memes that go around this place to have been particularly hilarious, but we've never actively banned them no matter how repetitive and annoying they can be seen by some people because others may enjoy them and overall there is no great harm done.........I don't see why you members can't give us the same respect, especially when it has effectively cut down on a lot of the drama that we have to deal with along with all the other responsibilities that we have trying to make this place great for you guys.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'll just add my vote to Exacticus' premise in the opening post.

Everyone loves spitefully sniping one's enemies, but the filter produces more annoyance than it does hilarious schadenfreude.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Exactacus, you are taking this far beyond anything I think is reasonable. Stop being a drama llama, there would have been much better ways to go about this rather then trying to dig deep into this and taking it as a personally affront against your rights and proof that we have stooped into a seedy level completely devoid of integrity.

When did I ever insinuate that I believed such a thing? All I said was that I thought it was needless, childish, unfunny and irritating; not that it was a violation of my "rights as a member" (which is a ridiculous concept for reasons too numerous to mention). And, for the record, I don't believe that I was being at all unreasonable; all I was asking was that a pointless and idiotic word filter (which, might I add, caused more reckless arguments than it curbed) was removed. No catches, no "if you refuse, I will do X" - just a simple request.

That was all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

As a comment to Chooch, I'm rather surprised since you were a moderator at another site so I would have expected you to understand that while members and such can incite/spark drama, it's us mods/admins/members of staff who have to deal with it. If we want to add something in to a) try to limit confrontation as much as possible, and B) add a little humor in effect to curtail the maliciousness that usually comes from said confrontation.........then I believe we are full within our rights to do so.

I do understand that. I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't within your rights to limit confrontation and I do understand where you're coming from. But in the end, it's still a matter of members not being immature and not to overreact over trivial things. T.S.S.Z. included. There's only so much a moderator can do themselves. The members are still accountable for their actions, which is where the 'people need to grow the fuck up' sentiment comes from. I don't care what Tristan Oliver says or does, that shouldn't affect people here so much that the very mention of them sets them off and makes argumentative. That's absurd.

As a mod I've had to crack down on /numerous/ topics where there have been outright attacks on the said site, that we the staff have decided we do not want in an effort to keep this site within our views of what we want this place to represent. Ever since the word filter (which I must say as to people who wonder why we didn't delete it after a set period of time, it wasn't exactly always on out minds >__>) I think that the amount of direct attacks towards other sites which we don't condone has dropped dramatically. Yes people may make fun of things, as cute fluffy kittens is a silly phrase, but surely it is better then the alternative that happens without it..........which us mods really don't want to constantly have to deal with.

If you believe that adding the word filter has lessened the tension, then I'm all for it. I still think people here ought to not get their panties in a bunch each time the Tristan or anything associated with him is mentioned. People need to chill, and not have to constantly be reminded by moderators to do that. It really should be common sense by now.

Edited by Chooch

It's an inoffensive word filter. I'm rather more inclined to keep it in place if people are bitching about it, as opposed to removing it. If a large number of people have a big issue with the filter then I'd consider it reasonable to have it removed. Until then it does the job of not having the site mentioned to avoid drama related to it and it's a bit of an in-joke for the staff. Now go watch shitty youtube videos and shout about them in the status box.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well no, like Urtheart said people who do not pay for/own a site are guests and while you have the right to go to 'whatever the fuck' site you want to go too, while on someones else's site you may have to abide by their rules.

And that's why I'm such a bad person and shouldn't grace a message board.