Awoo.

cute fluffy kittens

eXtaticus

So why is this even a point of contention. Who cares.

If this wasn't a point of contention and nobody cared about it, then the topic would have been locked two pages ago. Clearly, everyone who has posted in the entire duration of this thread cares enough to do so - including you, it seems.

Yet another example of hypocrisy there, I'm afraid; now, if you'd have said something along the lines of "Who isn't indifferent" rather than a blunt "Who cares", we wouldn't be having this problem.

Actually, as a point of interest: who isn't indifferent? Because that a very good question to ask at the moment.

Edited by Cute Fluffy Extaticus

I'm just wondering why anyone would get worked up about this, that's why I posted. People are getting argumentative. Why does it matter?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just wondering why anyone would get worked up about this, that's why I posted. People are getting argumentative. Why does it matter?

Authority assertion, some people believe that their view is right and should be followed as law.

Regardless of if they are right or wrong they'll make sure they are known.

Same reason peopple made such a fuss about Sonic's eye colour in Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd actually like to hear an argument to remove the word filter? Only theres yet to be one so far.

In the scenario you put up in post in number 3. Might I ask why you didn't just say. That Gamersgate have a listing for Sonic Spinball and Mean Bean for the PC? in fact can you find me any news story on the kittens belly that doesn't come from a secondary or even tertiary source?

Why do you have to link to a news collaboration site when you should be linking to the guys who actually have the primary source of information?

I don't get this "It ruins discussions" bollocks either, how does it? In what way does linking to the original source ruin the discussion?

Where is this proof that it ruins discussions exactly? Whats the argument? Right now, I can't see any.

• Thumbs Up 4

Everyone loves spitefully sniping one's enemies

I have already proven your insinuation of this being anywhere near a spiteful attack to be false.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll wait patiently for The Super Sonic Zone to right an article on this topic.

I'll just add my vote to Exacticus' premise in the opening post.

Everyone loves spitefully sniping one's enemies, but the filter produces more annoyance than it does hilarious schadenfreude.

It's not about attacking.

anti-skub, btw

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait wait, hold on now

There are people who give a fuck about this?

I'm having a hard time typing because I'm laughing so hard right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait wait, hold on now

There are people who give a fuck about this?

I'm having a hard time typing because I'm laughing so hard right now.

I read that in his voice. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Oh, and yeah, what is up with all the complaining? It's not a big deal, it won't make a big difference with posts. Hell, if you MUST link to it, use TinyUrl.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only problem I have with it is when it starts invading topics. People know what it actually means/stands for and so there can sometimes be many posts that would otherwise be considered spam cluttering topics laughing at fluffy kittens writing news articles about them and stuff along those lines. Thats the only real issue I see with the filter, its just causing more joking about it than there was before, even if that was not originally the intention. Its just getting a little annoying to read sometimes :P

Either way I don't care much if its in or not as long as really stuff stays under moderation imo.

Personally I think the filter's immature as hell. Way to show yourselves no better than the attacker guys. :|

Quite frankly, for all the nonsense he causes, I have to give him credit in that he DOES make certain things a slagton more accessible than tracking down all these other sources, and in some cases, having to rehost images.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Personally I think the filter's immature as hell. Way to show yourselves no better than the attacker guys. :|

they call us jerks

we call them kittens

jerks = kittens???

• Thumbs Up 1

TSSZ filter? What TSSZ filter? I don't see a TSSZ filter anywhere.

... You can tell when Sonic-related news has dipped down for a couple of days when this is one of the hottest forum threads on the board at the moment >_>;;

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Mods can bypass the filter? :huh:

I don't see how it's immature. It's just a fun little thing the implented. It's not actually attacking Tristan or anything.

Personally, I don't care either way.

cute fluffy kittens filter? What cute fluffy kittens filter? I don't see a cute fluffy kittens filter anywhere.

... You can tell when Sonic-related news has dipped down for a couple of days when this is one of the hottest forum threads on the board at the moment >_>;;

Oh has the cute fluffy kittens filter been lifted now then? Yeah, I can't believe such a fuss has been made over this.

EDIT:

Nope, it's still there :lol: Flyboy Fox and her magical powers :P

TSSZ Filter?

I've never had a problem with linking to the site before: http://tinyurl.com/2vkruzz

But as many people have been saying, it's best to just link to the original source, and TSSZ usually provides that.

Just takes a little brainpower.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Quite frankly, for all the nonsense he causes, I have to give him credit in that he DOES make certain things a slagton more accessible than tracking down all these other sources, and in some cases, having to rehost images.

It's a joke that doesn't name names, hardly to be equated with full-blown articles about specific members of staff XP. What did Jesus say, Aquaslash? Something about removing the log from your own eye before pointing out the stick in someone elses? XP

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• 3 weeks later...

What, so you're discouraging discussion about a rival site's news stories and information? All I'm saying is that this doesn't prove anything except for the fact that we obviously can't be better than cute fluffy kittens, (and again) and also shows a rather distasteful side of our fanbase as a whole.

Add that to the fact that - like it or not - cute fluffy kittens (-_-) is probably the most active outlet of Sonic-related news that exists on the internet today, and your argument about "other outlets" turns into a sieve.

THANK YOU! Every single time I see cute fluffy kittens it makes me want to snap. While I must admit it can be funny sometimes, it's frustrating to see the biggest Sonic fansite in the world ragging on community members and fellow sites. Sure cute fluffy kittens does deserve it for what they did to Shadzter, but TSS should be better than that. They should grow the hell up and let it go. I remember vaguely one thing that Dreadnux said that stood out to show what kind of a person he was. It was this:

"I could throw a countless number of profanities around to make my point. I could call you names back. Hell, I could even bring up that court case you were in, where you beat the shit out of a female journalist (sorry, was that a low blow? Oh, you know how it feels, then).

But I won’t. I simply post this to defend my staff, and the integrity of the Sonic fan community. "

It made me think of him as very mature and kind hearted. But then he goes and does such an immature thing as this.

And yes, cute fluffy kittens is more active, which is why I also think they should be able to have links on here.

It made me think of him as very mature and kind hearted. But then he goes and does such an immature thing as this.

Why yes, taking it a step further to defend our website and staff is certainly an immature act. Most definitely.

• Thumbs Up 2

"I could throw a countless number of profanities around to make my point. I could call you names back. Hell, I could even bring up that court case you were in, where you beat the shit out of a female journalist (sorry, was that a low blow? Oh, you know how it feels, then).

But I won’t. I simply post this to defend my staff, and the integrity of the Sonic fan community. "

And yes, cute fluffy kittens is more active, which is why I also think they should be able to have links on here.

I don't think he was the person to even bring up the idea honestly.

It's still a really stupid thing to complain about. If the kittenz were any form of decent and honest news site, it would be a different story. But they're not, and it's not a different story, so it's still really stupid to complain about.

I like how that reply was over two weeks after the last post in this topic.

Beating a dead horse much?

I never check the date since the last post! Plus this topic just popped up while I was on another topic so I thought I'd say my dues. Better late than never!

At any rate this topic is probably better off locked, it's been made pretty clear that nothing's changing until the mods feel like changing it.