Awoo.

Avatar Sonic needs to master the other 3 elements

Indigo Rush

So.

The thought just occurred to me that there may be some actual structure to this series in terms of these "Monsters of the Week."

Hear me out.

In Sonic Adventure on the DC, we are introduced to Chaos, who is essentially a god. True, he was originally a regular chao, but we know him to be invincible and immortal.

We also know him to be made of water.

In Sonic 2006, we're introduced to Iblis, Mephiles, and then Solaris, who is a god of time. But let's forget Solaris and Mephiles and focus on Iblis. He's a god. He keeps re-spawning after being defeated, and his main power is...

...fire.

And lastly is Sonic Unleashed, we then have Dark Gaia. Dark Gaia is pretty much a god as well. But his ability lies with rock and stone.

Gaia translates to earth.

See the connections? In Asian culture, there is emphasis on Earth, Fire, Water and Wind. Would that mean that there is a specific god attributed to these elements? The only other god is one that controls time travel, which is Solaris.

But the one thing that keeps happening is that Sonic The Freaking Hedgehog lays the smack-down on all of these suckers. In all of this speculation, yes, with the whole mural painting of him in Sonic and Knuckles and his Super Sonic abilities so prominent, I am suggesting that Sonic could be the so-called Avatar in all of this.

Is there a specific pattern that exists here? Will we be seeing a wind god in a later installment? Is Sonic the Avatar? Find out in the next episode, of Dragon Ball- wait.

But you get my drift here. Is there some sort of connection, or some happy coincidence? We can't really be sure, but it's definitely fun to speculate the possibility of there being some elemental manipulation in the series.

After all, Blaze controls fire, Sonic is a master of the winds, and I think Marine was throwing water balls at the end of Rush Adventure. and didn't Knuckles drop those rocks all over you in Sonic Battle?

51v59u.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

In Sonic Adventure on the DC, we are introduced to Chaos, who is essentially a god. True, he was originally a regular chao, but we know him to be invincible and immortal.

Really?! :blink: I never knew.

To the rest: I really think its a coincidence, I really doubt SEGA thought about that, beyond them thinking they need something different so change the element.

Also, I always thought Solaris had something to do with fire. His name sounds it :-/

I don't really see it.

Chaos is basically a water elemental, but he's not really a "god". Not by the image that most of us think of when we hear the word, anyway. He's pretty much just a chao who, through presumably "natural" (for Sonic's universe) but unlikely circumstances, ended up as a very powerful water elemental. Even if you are going to call him a god, there's nothing to link him to any other supposed gods. And thematically it's more likely playing off Sonic's weakness to water than to set up some elemental system.

The Gaias are using the word to mean Earth, the planet, not elemental earth. They're two complimentary spirits symbolizing creation and destruction, day and night, and positive and negative, centered on one specific planet. They really don't have any sort of connection to elemental earth; Dark Gaia throws some meteors, but that's too generic to count. And the obvious elements to attribute to them are light and dark, anyway.

Iblis is...well, he's a generic fire monster. He's fire because it's the generic "destroy things" element, and maybe because they wanted to play up the Solaris/sun thing. But aside from that, Iblis is just a part of the full "god", Solaris, who is more about space and time than anything (with a little bit of fire thrown in, but so little that it's basically irrelevant). If there were meant to be some connection, I'd imagine either Iblis would be the full form rather than a piece of a god, or Solaris would be more obviously related to fire.

So, yeah. The "gods" of Sonic's world are unrelated to each other beyond what's specifically outlined in the games they appear in, and some of them barely count as gods at all.

Welp. :o

Thanks for clearing that up. I need to read up more next time. :P

Edited by Indigo Rush

360px-Void.pngLumina.png

"Can't WE be part of this pantheon!?!?!?!"

Dark Gaia seems to be more darkness-oriented. The Bestiary in Sonic Unleashed describes it as the incarnation of darkness itself, it seems to only be active at night and it's mere influence darken's peoples hearts. I think the "Gaia" part of it's name is just a reference to it and Light Gaia being the "will" of the planet, being a "part" of it. Afterall, Chip does say that he will be forever a part of the earth that Sonic treads.

I find it most curious how Iblis requires a royal soul or one that is alit with flames in order to bind with the recipients soul properly. Soleanna Royal family has a very deep connection with Solaris and even one of it's components? What I also find curious is how Elises' "power" is said to combine with Sonic's, which creates the shield that allows him to walk on sand and water. If Elises' "power" is derived from Iblis within her and it combines with Sonic's mysterious innate power, maybe there's a deeper connection between the power of Iblis and the so-called power of Sonic.

Thinking about this deeper, it seems that going by both SONIC '06 and SatSR, Sonic's own power seems to be quite apt at 'combining' with fire i.e Iblis to create the walk-on-water/sand, Speed Boost from the fire arrow.

More interesting points about Sonic being wind-aligned is that;

1. A lot of his attacks are wind-oriented, including the obviously aerokinetic Sonic Wind and Crest of Wind.

2. The overwhelming majority of his tricks in the first Sonic Riders are named after winds and the sky.

3. As shown in the SONIC '06 cutscene "The Time-Space Rift", Sonic's soul/spirit manifests itself as a gust of ethereal blue wind outside of it's body.

4. Sonic has numerous nicknames that include the word "wind" such as "Soleanna's Blue Wind" and "Knight of the Wind"

5. Obscure but nontheless mildly interesting; If Sonic gets attacked by a Gizoid that has copied Rouge's Tornado Kick ability in Sonic Chronicles, he seems to have great resistance to it's wind element alignment.

Going by Blaze's claims of her soul being alit with fire and Sonic's soul manifesting as wind, it's not outside the realm of possibility that a character's elemental affinity is actually tied to their soul.

Knuckles in Sonic Battle is earth-oriented, as multiple attack card descriptions describe Knuckles using supernatural earthen power. His heal ability also describes him using earth elementals to heal damage.

If we are really are reading into it I'd say it's less of elements but two opposites that are part of a whole. In SA1, Perfect Chaos used the Negative powers of the Chaos Emeralds while Super Sonic used the positive. This means that the emeralds have both positive and negative energy that makes their complete energy when used together. In SA2, it was less represented in the forces of the emeralds but more in the characters. Sonic and Shadow are opposites as are Tails and Eggman and Knuckles and Rouge. It was like that in Heroes with Sonic and Metal Sonic. In '06, Mephiles and Iblis are two sides that make up the whole Solaris. In Unleashed, Light Gaia represents day, while Dark Gaia represents night, while both day and night represent the light and darkness, which the world connsists of in possibly equal amounts. In the Secret Rings, there are World Rings that represent negative and positive emotions. Even in Black Knight it is shown that power meant to be used for good (the Scabbard) can corrupt.

Sonic is a master of the winds

I've always found this concept to be pretty annoying. Partly because it's a tad absurd, and parts because even hurricane force winds seldom go beyond 120 mph.

I've always found this concept to be pretty annoying. Partly because it's a tad absurd, and parts because even hurricane force winds seldom go beyond 120 mph.

So he can generate wind speeds faster than a hurricane?

I mean he does create mini-fucking-tornadoes just by spinning in place for two seconds.

Apparently Chaos gained God-like status after SA. He is able to return from the afterlife at will, as seen in Sonic Battle.

Some kind of elemental wind alignment is still ridiculous, suddenly Sonic's a pokemon or some kind of wind elemental? No thanks.
It's not like he's shitting out magical wind-beams or anything. The only apparent control over wind that he has is that he runs so fast as to make wind; everything else is just thematic. If Sonic starts throwing around wind balls like Blaze does fireballs, then you can worry. But unless that happens, it isn't anything worth complaining about.

ZOMG, a Sonic topic with Avatar references? MUST READ!!! *reads topic*

Well, Sonic does have all those wind references attached with him... WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE SONIC IS THE LAST AIRBENDER.

Actually, as much as I love Avatar and all it's bending and being tied to certain elements and junk, I don't think Sega would think this far into things, especially specific continuity with said "Monsters of the Week". It's a really cool idea though, I don't think I would have ever thought about this on my own.

Okay here we go. I'm gonna pimp my Sonic is a god theory again.

1. It's directly connected to the Gerald-saw-the-S3&K-mural fan theory. Gerald was looking for the ultimate life in order to cure Maria. He was fascinated with the Echidnas, as proven by his artificial Chaos monsters and Emerl. Inspiration for the ultimate life came from the S3&K mural, this is why Shadow is a hedgehog.

2. But god and ultimate lifeform are heavy labels. What does it mean? Well a being of great power could easily be called a god by a superstitious Echidna society. And ultimate lifeform is probably a poor translation. It makes more sense to say perfect being. In this case it probably means being in touch with chaos forces.

3. Echidnas liked to prophesy things. There is a mural of Perfect Chaos in the Lost World level, and a mural of Super Sonic in Hidden Palace. How do we know they're connected? Well Gerald looked two places for the perfect being. To hedgehogs and Chaos monsters. Both depicted by Echidnas in murals.

4. Chaos and Sonic both use Emeralds. It could be the Echidnas would have considered Super Sonic a god as well. What's important is that he has that relationship with chaos forces. So the S3&K mural could've been the Echidnas' Chaos of the future. A creature born naturally with that relationship to chaos emeralds.

5. Since Echidna civilization was inspired by Mayans, we can imagine they have similar traits, like their calendar system, which operates in cycles. The Echidnas are prophesying Sonic in the future because every era has a perfect being. Gerald looked to Chaos first before he realized he was living in the era of Sonic.

So I like this because it plays into the whole god theme. I dunno if the other games will hold it up. I wouldn't ever want it explicitly said that Sonic has super powers or whatever, so I dunno about the elemental thing. But it is heavily implied that wind is his element, and he is the Knight of the Wind. I approve of this theory.

Edited by Dabnikz

It's not like he's shitting out magical wind-beams or anything.

SA2 would like to disagree.

"SONIC WIND!"

Okay here we go. I'm gonna pimp my Sonic is a god theory again.

All you really need for that theory is to bring up how Sonic kills gods...albiet in his superform, but even so, those are gods he's killing. B)

All you really need for that theory is to bring up how Sonic kills gods...albiet in his superform, but even so, those are gods he's killing. B)

None of these foes are really Gods anyway. They're either mutant chao or eldritch abominations that like pissing about in the planetcore for no good reason.

SA2 would like to disagree.

"SONIC WIND!"

Interestingly, it really looks like he was behind that huge blue twister that surrounds the altar of light in the first FMV cutscene of his story in '06 and it didn't look like he was using movement in order to create it.

Let's not forget the suspiciously aerokinetic-looking way in which he seems to be creating wind in the cutscene in SatSR when he lands before Night Palace. It looks seriously cool. Crest of Wind in both Storybook games is also suspicious. It certainly doesn't look like it's an ability generated by speed and movement alone. It's animation strongly suggests that it's Sonic that's creating that wind and he's not doing it via movement.

Granted, the Crests of Fire and Dark also look suspiciously 'psychokinetic'

Maybe the "Crest" indicated in the abilities' names is the object that is the source of each Crests innate power though it's interesting how each crest requires a certain amount of skills activated of it's elemental alignment in order to be active and that only one Crest skill can be activated at a time even if you have the skill points and activated skills to be able to support other Crests.

Sonic's been extremely heavily shown to have an affinity for wind for years now, be it ability, very nature or nicknames. I see no genuine reason why this affinity should be viewed with disdain because it is presented in such a way that it is a great part of his nature.

Edited by Verte

Sonic is more like Kratos. He just kills/defeats things. Not master their elements.

LEGEND OF KORRA BITCHEEEEZZZ! *dances*

Edited by Dejablue