Awoo.

Street Fighter Cross Tekken AND Tekken Cross Street Fighter

Agent York

Sooo, did anyone got Megaman and Pacman?

Playing the shit outta Pacman, it is awesome.

Too bad it has low health and walk speed.

PS: Gotta love is victory quotes and the ones from the other guys for it.

Why do you keep saying "it"? Pac-Man isn't genderless. He has "Man" right there in his name.

maybe referring to the moku-jin robot thing he's in?

maybe referring to the moku-jin robot thing he's in?

But then it would be "they" or "them" rather than "it" becuase Pac-Man is still controlling the thing.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

There's already a patch for the game guys, we're just going to have to pay for it later.

$80 for the full game.

Capcom so funny.

Saw this comment on SRK and I can't help but agree (despite making this point myself numerous times)

Why the heck should the DLC characters be free?

Is Capcom employing slaves?

Before these 12 characters were announced, everyone thought the basic SFxT package was a good value, well worth $60. (because it is)

After the 12 characters were announced, THAT VALUE HASN'T CHANGED. The existence of 12 extra characters on disc does not decrease the value of the basic package that you all thought was worth $60.

This is what defies logic to me, and this is what Sven referred to as "emotion."

From an objective, logical standpoint, the 12 DLC characters should be a non-issue.

COST VS BENEFIT FOR THE CONSUMER IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT WAS BEFORE THE 12 DLC CHARACTERS WERE DISCOVERED.

If you all thought that 43 characters were worth $60, why the heck should 55 characters be worth $60, too? Because you feel bad? Because you want to play Elena now?

*I* want to play Elena now. Doesn't mean I expect extra content to be free. Doesn't mean it should be free, either.

Yea, DLC and withheld data are two different things, but it's still a good/valid point. I guess 43 (even 38) isn't enough to warrant a full retail price of a ps360 game

Edited by LunarEdge

*I* want to play Elena now. Doesn't mean I expect extra content to be free. Doesn't mean it should be free, either.

Whenever I see someone say this I really have to disagree. Elena and the others aren't extra content. They're original content. I'll agree that $20 for 12 characters is a good deal compared to other insane DLC prices out there, but that's not the problem.

The way Capcom and other companies handle the download content has gotten really ridiculous. DLC was originally made to add additional content to a game that could be worked on outside the time constraints of the retail release. When you bought the retail game without any DLC, you were still getting the full game. You weren't missing out on anything. In Street Fighter X Tekken, you aren't getting the full game when you buy it- and that's what it comes down to. Of course players are going to be disgruntled by that. Videogames are expensive enough. It really doesn't matter how much you talk about what a bargain this is, because you really are paying 80 bucks for the full game, and most people aren't going to want to spend so much to fund their hobbies, especially when they realize paying 60 bucks got them an incomplete game.

And the shitty part is that Capcom's going to act like this is NEW content when it isn't. They're gonna show trailers for Cody and Elena and say "check out these NEW characters! It's NEW content for your old game! Don't you want NEW stuff? Our game is staying FRESH and NEW!" They're going to deceptively push all the withheld content as being additional when it really isn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whenever I see someone say this I really have to disagree. Elena and the others aren't extra content. They're original content. I'll agree that $20 for 12 characters is a good deal compared to other insane DLC prices out there, but that's not the problem.

Even so, yes, it sucks to have the DLC content n the disc, but $60 for 43 characters is still a good deal. Technically, the 12 extra characters were never advertised as launch content for the game, they are no means "original" content in my opinion. I said it before, Capcom could release the game with just 20 characters and no plans for DLC and still charge $60. 43 characters is more than enough to warrant $60, despite there being DLC on the disc. I personally rather have it this way then later pay $40 for another iteration of the game.

Why do you keep saying "it"? Pac-Man isn't genderless. He has "Man" right there in his name.

Yeah, Pac-man is pretty much a guy but most of the characters in the game just call him a thing or creature.

I think I'll just wait for the inevitable 'Complete Edition' sort of thing that Capcom so love to do with their fighting games.

Even so, yes, it sucks to have the DLC content n the disc, but $60 for 43 characters is still a good deal. Technically, the 12 extra characters were never advertised as launch content for the game, they are no means "original" content in my opinion. I said it before, Capcom could release the game with just 20 characters and no plans for DLC and still charge $60. 43 characters is more than enough to warrant $60, despite there being DLC on the disc. I personally rather have it this way then later pay $40 for another iteration of the game.

Good analogy of Capcom's DLC approach, especially with SFxT and I find it funny and agree XD

UX1yY.jpg

Edited by LunarEdge
  • Thumbs Up 1

I feel sorry for those who wasted their $60 on this game. Not only because I'm 99.9% sure they will release some SUPER edition of the game later this year (if they don't, it's *very* unlike Capcom) but they purposely locked some of the characters on the disc which are considered to be "DLC" for some bullshit excuse.

You may end up paying $100 for this game, just to unlock everything that's on disc. They made it clear as day that they don't give a fuck about us (the consumers). They seriously don't. I don't want to list all the reasons why because if you have been monitoring Capcom's recent behavior then you should clearly know.

They are milking this bullshit every fucking way possible, and they show no signs of stopping until enough people are smart enough that Crapcom's milking your cash.

It's like buying popcorn without any flavoring in the fucking theater, and you have to pay extra for the butter, sweet or salt flavorings. To add insult to injury, you can clearly see the flavorings there ready to be served but they won't let sell them to you until months later. What's the fucking point. In hours later, I'm done with the film. Just like months later, I'm done with the game.

I don't see why people are defending Capcom for this. There is NO excuse for what they're doing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel sorry for those who wasted their $60 on this game. Not only because I'm 99.9% sure they will release some SUPER edition of the game later this year (if they don't, it's *very* unlike Capcom) but they purposely locked some of the characters on the disc which are considered to be "DLC" for some bullshit excuse.

I don't know why people are acting like this game isn't worth $60 because of the DLC fiasco. Yeah it really sucks that there are 12 characters that we should be able to use right now, but just doesn't matter much (To me and quite a few others) when you consider that there are already 43 characters (For the PS3 version), several game modes, and lots of customization options. And on top of all the content that's already there, along with some FREE DLC coming later down the line, the game is simply a blast to play. I've never been one to sit down with any game for really long periods of time no matter how good, but in two days I managed to log 21+ hours on SFxT.

Maybe I'm just easy to please or something. I dunno.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's really goddamn disappointing that Capcom is pulling this shit. They still have some really great developers, and their games can't even come out in the form intended anymore thanks to the way Capcom thinks DLC works. They're not the only ones that do this, obviously but, it seems like Capcom is the biggest repeat offender and continues to do it in the scummiest way possible.

• Thumbs Up 3

Capcom: "Street Fighter x Tekken will be released with 43 characters and a number of modes and gems to play with!!"

Consumer: "YAY!"

Capcom: "Later, in the fall, we will release another 12 characters to the already big roster!"

Consumer: "YAY!"

*A bit of time before the release, someone dives into the disc*

Consumer: "Wait... the DLC is on the disc? They should be available at release for free now!! Before I felt the game was well worth it but since they put a little more time and effort into the game I demand the same price for more content that wasn't promised at release and I wasn't expecting all together!"

I swear, this generation of gamers and their sense of entitlement is retarded at times -_-

I know it sucks but can we take this "DLC ON DA DISC, HERP-A-DERP" to the DLC topic from now on? I rather not be told how I got cheated out of my money despite the fact that I'm enjoying this game like crazy over and over again. Plus this topic is turning more into a "hating on capcom thread" than an actual SFxT thread. Not mention these complaints and post I see complaining about such are starting to blend together and all sound like the same shit over and over again.

Wasted money? Hell no I am enjoying this game a LOT! Super edition? I personally don't care, if that were to happen (despite capcom saying they won't) I would buy it anyway and enjoy that copy just as much if not more. DLC on the disc you say... I guess I'm forced to buy it, oh noez

• Thumbs Up 3

I know it sucks but can we take this "DLC ON DA DISC, HERP-A-DERP" to the DLC topic from now on?

...then why did you post that comic strip?

Wasted money? Hell no I am enjoying this game a LOT! Super edition? I personally don't care, if that were to happen (despite capcom saying they won't) I would buy it anyway and enjoy that copy just as much if not more. DLC on the disc you say... I guess I'm forced to buy it, oh noez

If you purchased this game (which you did) and you're going to buy the future SUPER editions after this game, I'm not stopping you nor I'm not telling you HOW to spend your money either. Where did I ever say that? I just said I feel sorry for you. You are buying the same game over and over again for $60 with a few bonuses. IMO, I just see you getting ripped off by Capcom. But if you don't care, then fine, it's not my money.

Edited by Ming Ming Love
  • Thumbs Up 2

...then why did you post that comic strip?

Because this kind of stuff isn't cool (Which is something we can all agree on), but it doesn't matter too much when the game is extremely fun to play and has a lot of content to make up for it.

You are buying the same game over and over again for $60 with a few bonuses. IMO, I just see you getting ripped off by Capcom. But if you don't care, then fine.

Capcom doesn't charge full price for their newer fighters' Super editions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Capcom doesn't charge full price for their Super editions. At least, they didn't for SSF4(AE) and UMvC3.

Okay fine they charge $40. But I think you are missing the milking here. $60 (Original) + $40 (SUPER) = $100 for Capcom. Plus if you purchase all the DLC characters from the original, you'll spend more. On one game. But yeah, I'm gonna stop here now as I don't want you all to think I'm telling you how to spend your money. I'm just seeing what I'm seeing. But I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Hope I'll able to join in to see how it is soon.

What happened with me and Street Fighter IV was like a backstab. It's even hard to find new players on it because people have moved on to the SUPER. So it's not like I've been in this situation before. I want to get Ultimate MvC 3, but I have to be 100% sure that's the final version of the game before I get it. Same with this game.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Because this kind of stuff isn't cool (Which is something we can all agree on), but it doesn't matter too much when the game is extremely fun to play and has a lot of content to make up for it.

No, i posted it because it supported my point. Capcom advertised so many characters on release (the pizza offer was 6 slices) and we were fine with that until we got the product, dove into it, and find out it had more content on the disc (the pizza was 6 slices, when the guy wanted 8, despite it being advertised for 6). They were okay with paying $60 for 43 characters (38 for 360) but when 12 characters were revealed to be on the disc along with some other content they want it for the same price, IMO more content =/= free. Companies need money to keep functioning.

I just said I feel sorry for you.

Never asked for your pity nor do I want it personally. Saying such things can annoy a person. Also, I don't feel like I'm being ripped off and I am content with my purchases, thank you.

Also, UMvC3 isn't a good example if you ask me, seeing how if the 12 new characters were released for MvC3 at the basic character DLC price ($5 a character) they all would have came up to $60 anyway, ultimately buying UMvC3 was a money saver.

SF4 wasn't made with DLC characters in mind, so it was impossible to add them, Capcom has said this plenty of times. Not to mention that along with 10 new characters, it had a better online system, every character had 2nd ultras and from there DLC was handled pretty fairly if you ask me, seeing how you didn't need to buy AE as a retail copy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Never asked for your pity nor do I want it personally. Saying such things can annoy a person. Also, I don't feel like I'm being ripped off and I am content with my purchases, thank you.

Honestly as I said, I don't give a fuck anymore. It's not my money.

Also, UMvC3 isn't a good example if you ask me, seeing how if the 12 new characters were released for MvC3 at the basic character DLC price ($5 a character) they all would have came up to $60 anyway, ultimately buying UMvC3 was a money saver.

It's funny that you are just thinking of "DLC" characters, when that's not all they added in to UMvC3. Eight new stages and an improved online mode you forgot as well. It's wasn't just a money saver, but it's also a slap in a face to MvC3 owners who can't have these sweet upgrades unless they buy the ultimate version.

EDIT: And what about the people who bought the Special Editions of MvC3?

Edited by Ming Ming Love