Awoo.

Hero of Legend exclusive: New Wii & DS screens featuring "Planet Wisp"!

Hero of Legend

How come your upload of the images is that small Shad?

BTW, remember to click on the magnifying glass icon to see the full-size of the image!

Hmm, not a very theme parky looking level. Actually it kinda reminds me of the inner workings/behind the scenes areas of a theme park that are for employees only. Maybe this area is where power is generated for the other areas of Eggman's various parks.

...are those Egg Pawns wearing sunglasses? Bad-ass!

The level itself looks pretty too. Sure it's got machinery and stuff, but it's surrounded by nature too. I like it!

I wonder what the classic badniks in this level will be? From what we've seen so far, every level has some exclusive nostagic badniks from previous games.

Edited by HunterTSF

This looks exactly like what Sonic should have evolved into when the franchise went 3D, not hyper-realism, not rehashed themes from previous games, not anime/cartoony characters in semi-realistic worlds with slight inspiration from the classic games yet it still takes place on Earth, but this. Visually, at least. The gameplay looks like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Rush to me more than anything, which isn't a bad thing at all. In fact, the level design in this level looks so much better than anything I've seen in Unleashed, really. The spiraling design of what looks like the majority of the level will make it so bottomless pits don't exist in this particular level, hopefully I'm very excited to play this, no doubt. The Wii will be getting a lot of attention from me this year.

Edited by Solid SOAP

How come your upload of the images is that small Shad?

BTW, remember to click on the magnifying glass icon to see the full-size of the image!

There's higher res versions? Damn! Took me about 45 mins to save all of those screens, upload them to our WordPress and get them all posted in the article. >_< Oh well, I'll give it a go.

Love the screens, this game wants to be played so badly. B)

Also, look at the chainsaw like thingy in the left side of this screen:

Sonic-Colours-Wii-screen-15-1st-Aug.jpg

Now look at the planet next to the Metal Sonic look-a-like (lol) one:

e282a357217f.png

I think I already pointed this before, but I guess we can now confirm it. (?)

Edited by gato

There's higher res versions? Damn! Took me about 45 mins to save all of those screens, upload them to our WordPress and get them all posted in the article. >_< Oh well, I'll give it a go.

Oh I know how it feels to have to reupload stuff; did it like three times with that entire E3 album after I finally found the best compression method for most of the images because uploading them as png or whatever failed most of the time due to size, and the compression methods I did before weren't as good as possible, but finally I found the best one that does it so well there's no difference to the naked eye, THEN I reuploaded them again. Uggghhhh...

Sorry for not making that clearer. :(

Edit: BTW, I grabbed the Free Riders and Unleashed Wii stuff at perfect quality from the Press Site while I was there:

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonic/SonicUnleashedWii

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonic/SonicFreeRiders

And we thought Unleashed Wii looked GOOD for the console before release?! :P

I don't hate Sega for how downgraded Unleashed Wii was; because we have Colors, and it's neat to have something like Unleashed Wii rather than no Wii version of Unleashed at all. :)

Edited by Hero of Legend

I wasn't too impressed with this level from the shot they gave us when they revealed the rocket wisp, but after seeing more I'm quite happy with it. It's a good theme and pretty well executed, and climbing that huge tower looks like a lot of fun.

All done re-uploading in higher-res -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/new-sonic-colours-wii-ds-screens-show-new-stage

Oh I know how it feels to have to reupload stuff; did it like three times with that entire E3 album after I finally found the best compression method for most of the images because uploading them as png or whatever failed most of the time due to size, and the compression methods I did before weren't as good as possible, but finally I found the best one that does it so well there's no difference to the naked eye, THEN I reuploaded them again. Uggghhhh...

Sorry for not making that clearer. :(

Edit: BTW, I grabbed the Free Riders and Unleashed Wii stuff at perfect quality from the Press Site while I was there:

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonic/SonicUnleashedWii

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonic/SonicFreeRiders

And we thought Unleashed Wii looked GOOD for the console before release?! :P

I don't hate Sega for how downgraded Unleashed Wii was; because we have Colors, and it's neat to have something like Unleashed Wii rather than no Wii version of Unleashed at all. :)

Don't worry, it's not your fault. I should have noticed the magnifying glass, it's 2:30am and I'm tired so I'm not concentrating or thinking properly :lol:

EDIT:

Oh shit, I've deleted the DS shots. More work to do :lol:

EDIT 2:

Got them back up now.

the new screen shots of planet wisp seems to have been removed from the press site

Edited by FFXIIIFan

the new screen shots of planet wisp seems to have been removed from the press site

Actually it was in this fucking humongous list of new stuff from newest to oldest, I don't even remember how I found it! O_o

I was in the US site BTW.

I want this game NOW!!!!

I think it's better to stop spoiling myself from now on. I'd rather get surprise when I play the game instead of seeing screens. Nonetheless,, this game looks beautiful

For anyone that didn't notice, collecting those red rings with the stars in them fills up that little 5 slot meter on the bottom right corner of those screen shots.

There's also five slots, anyone care to guess if something special happens when collecting all 5 in an act?

wii_pla_act4_03.jpg

There's also five slots, anyone care to guess if something special happens when collecting all 5 in an act?

Special stage maybe?

Anyways, these shots just look awesome. I think this may be my favorite level if something awesomer doesn't catch my eye.

@hero of legend

actually i am sorry , i hit a wrong link that i though was the press site but any ways after , i tried to go the press site and register and i did

but i didn't get my password in the email though

is their a possibility for the US Sega press site that it could have more shots?

@hero of legend

actually i am sorry , i hit a wrong link that i though was the press site but any ways after , i tried to go the press site and register and i did

but i didn't get my password in the email though

is their a possibility for the US Sega press site that it could have more shots?

Not in the US site as I was there for hours looking around before the session was up.

Strange you didn't get a password, maybe you should contact Sega about it or something? Did you type in your email correctly? O_o

I was gonna say what Gato did about the level hub. The huge tower in that one shot is the buzzsaw machine visible from the planet I was calling "deforestation planet". It does look like a nature versus heavy mining kind of thing, especially with the new Egg Pawn outfits. Very impressed by the shots in this level.

There seem to be a lot of rings on vertical surfaces in the screens, and one shot showing a booster before a straight wall. I wonder if some of the tower climb is running up walls. In 3D that'd look like Speed Highway's skyscraper in reverse which is awesome. Either that or you're supposed to use the level's rocket Wisp.

Edited by Dabnikz

SONICNiGHTSStar over at the SEGA Forums has pointed out that Sonic now has a full shadow in the new screens compared to the circle in the old screens. Great to see they've fixed that :)

Tropical%20Resort_%20%286%29.jpg

wii_pla_act1_05.jpg

wii_pla_act4_03.jpg

That is beautiful.

I'm not joking here, something about the way the lighting works or how polished this is, it's gorgeous. Nintendo hasn't made a game this beautiful, ever.

This is on the WII, and I have to graphically compare it to Xbox 360 games for anything better looking.

Holy fuck, man.

I like this new level. The nature part reminds me of NiGHTS.

Also I said in another topic, I'd love a level from this:

Sonic%20Colors-3.jpg

Now I just hope there's a part where you're just running through the plains, without any machinery.

Edited by MarcelloF

The stage looks truly awesome, my only question is how on Earth is someone supposed to get through this stage without the rocket wisp? I think the wisps are cool and will be fun to use so I don't mind but I know some fans do want to play without wisps and were promised that they could do so.