Awoo.

Vote for the next Storybook Setting on Facebook

Slingerland

Oooh. That took a little bit of thought. The first thing that stuck out at me was greek mythology. It's something that's interested me for years and I'd love to see a Sonic game based around that; I can see it working. I also like Sci-Fi and Horror though, although while I think sci-fi elements could fit in perfectly with a Sonic game, I'm not entirely sure how horror would work out. I mean, I'm not saying it WOULDN'T work, but it just depends how they pull it off. It'd be amazing to see if it was done well. As a horror fan though, I just can't see anything really... well, horrific fitting in with a Sonic game. Still, you never know. It'd be a nice surprise. While "Night of the Werehog" wasn't terrifying by any stretch, I could definitely see them doing a game with similar vibes to that.

I really really really don't want to see a western theme though lol. Cowboys have never done much for me...

Greek mythology's won out for me just by a little bit, but it'll be interesting to see what's most popular in the end. I'd be happy if they do any of the three I mentioned, honestly. Anyway, nothing to say they'll stop at one more storybook title :P Might see more than one of those ideas popping up eventually. I certainly wouldn't complain.

Edited by Lucky Winters

I voted "other", and wrote "Surreal, like a Dr. Seuss or Bill Pete kind of thing".

Great, Greek Mythology is winning. This inevitably means that they're going to come up with yet another mystic artifact with vaguely established powers and call it "Pandora's Box", just like pretty much every other game in that setting.

You know that if Greek Mythology wins, Sonic's almost definitely going to get another sword, right? The director of SatSR wanted to include a scene in SatSR where Sonic jumps on a giant bird's back and starts ripping out feathers as a God of War reference.

Horror! Dracula! Frakenstien! Wolfman! Oh wait....

Choice might be easier if they told us what Sonic would be slapping onto his right hand for each one....

I don't have Facebook, so I can't vote. 8(

But if I could, I would've chosen Other and wrote "Steampunk/Jules Verne." I just think the concept of a Sonic game in a Jules Verne-esque world with zeppelin machines and great big Nautilus styled submarines would work perfectly. <3

I voted 'Other'. Atlantis/ underwater would be an interesting theme to explore.

I'd actually think a Western theme would work pretty well, either that or ''Robin Sonic and his merry men'' now that would be sweet.

I'd love to see Greek Mythology, as that sort of thing interests me, yet I would really like to see what they could do with horror. I also like the idea of a western theme. I think that would be really fun to see. I can't choose. ><

The only one I REALLY don't want to see is Sci-Fi. I'm up for any of the others.

I cant vote, due to lack of face book account, but I wouldn't mind a pirate setting for other, or maybe horror or greek myths.

To be honest, after the Arabian nights and King Arthur's time, none of those ideas look out of place. I've been saying for a while that something Greek is the most likely option, though personally I think I'd rather see a Western sort of game, as long as that doesn't involve Sonic using a gun. Plus if they're really clever, they could use it to reintroduce Fang in a very slick way...

I voted for sci-fi. Keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily mean traveling through space, but just involves some kind of supernatural beings/occurrences.

I voted for sci-fi. Keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily mean traveling through space, but just involves some kind of supernatural beings/occurrences.

Isn't that what we get in the main series? XD

I cant vote, due to lack of face book account, but I wouldn't mind a pirate setting for other, or maybe horror or greek myths.

Pirates! That's what I forgot to mention in my last post. I know we already had pirates in Sonic Rush Adventure, but when the storybook series was first mentioned I remember thinking how awesome it would be to see Sonic in a Treasure Island inspired world. Although I suppose that could make it quite easy to fall into the 'Sonic with a sword' gameplay again (well, I suppose it'd be more of a cutlass). I wasn't too fond of how the sword was handled in Black Knight, so if they were to bring something like that back I can't see it being hard to improve upon it. Not that I particularly want to see something that's basically a clone of Black Knight, gameplay wise, but if they could work something out, I reckon it'd be an awesome theme to have. There's plenty of other things that could be worked into a Treasure Island world.

Isn't that what we get in the main series? XD

Yus. D: We already get enough galaxies, aliens, random breathing in space and spaceships in the main series. I don't want to see anymore thanks~

I made a pretty long post supporting a Sonic in Wonderland game. I know it sounds silly, but I think it could work.

With Si-fi, there is a ton they could do. Something with computers like Tron? Trans-dimensional travel? Tons of ideas. (And I'd like to see Tails tag along too for the next game, not be a character in the book >.>)

I made a pretty long post supporting a Sonic in Wonderland game. I know it sounds silly, but I think it could work.

Hee! That'd be really spiffy, actually. When you think about it there's an abundance of things they could do with an idea like that, not to mention it's the sort of thing that has the potential to be entirely different from what we've already seen in the storybook series. Wonderland is so random that there'd be the opportunity to throw in a load of additional gameplay aspects along the way, instead of just doing the same thing for most of the way through. Little challenges to solve and stuff. Perhaps it might not be everyone's cup of tea, and I'm terrible at describing things like this, but I'm picturing it in my head and can see it being a total blast.

Plus after being awed by the cutscenes in Black Knight, I'd love to see how they handle the plot with Wonderland.

All of the choices sound stupid except Film Noir. Film Noir Sonic sounds like it could be amazingly awesome.

Too bad it won't win. :(

With Si-fi, there is a ton they could do. Something with computers like Tron?
ShtH already did it.

Trans-dimensional travel?
The Rushes. Also I think Chronicles counts.

Sonic CD, '06, and the Rivals handle time travel, SA2, ShtH, and Chronicles did space travel, and the Riders did general future sort of stuff. I think the series already has sci-fi pretty well covered.

Sonic in film nior sounds like quite a jump. I certainly wasn't expecting to see that.

Anyway, if I had an account, I'd have voted for horror. Bram Stroker's book Dracula is a classic, after all, and seeing Eggman play the role of Dr. Frankenstein would be worth the price of admission alone.

I've grown quite tired of seeing Sonic thrown into the most random situations ever, especially after Black Knight. So I'd vote Sci-Fi because it's the most combatible with Sonic's tradition stance.

Then again, I'm pretty sure they'd find a way to throw Sonic into some bizarre setting/plot in Sci-Fi as well. Hell, they already have...

Sadly, I don't have a Facebook account.

But I would've voted for the Grecian one. It's the only choice that would fit a storybook setting, since the other storybook games are based on a culture's history/legends, you know?

I chose Western, and when asked, "What's On Your Mind?" afterwards, answered, "I wonder what Service Games would do with this." (Something I just noticed is it wouldn't really be Shadow, so there would be no reason for him not to have a gun.)

Is this an official poll?

If so, can someone PLEASE vote for Greek Myths & Legends on my behalf please?

You'll be making my childhood dreams come true if a Sonic/Greek Myth storybook game really happens! :D

Lack of Facebook account is annoying when it comes to these polls.