Awoo.

Vote for the next Storybook Setting on Facebook

Slingerland

I voted for horror. I actually think the idea Sonic and Count Dracula would be awesome. An after people are done calling the game a "Castlevania" rip-off, actual information would be released! :P

Think about it. Sonic traveling through over-the-top Romanian landscapes upgraded with more of a Sonic flare. (You know, bumpers, ramps and etc.) Since I'm trying to think more of the fanbase/common gamer than just myself with this idea, Sonic's gimmick would be using his mere skills with vampire-killing power-ups.

Eat a Garlic-Chilidog: You'll smell like halitosis, but stun night crawlers with basic attacks. And it sounds delicious! YES! YES!!! XD

Holy Water Shield: You gain the bounce ability, and it speeds you up.

Cross bracelet: Allows you to jump longer and higher with double jump capabilities. You can charge the jump and also able to stand on the ceilings.

The tone of the story would be like a combination of Sonic and the Black Knight and Night of the Werehog. Lighthearted, to where it almost resembles Scooby-Doo, but becomes serious when needed. And like Sonic and the Black Knight, the story would have a twist that makes experienced readers of the tale question the possibility of it making sense.(Like how King Arthur was the black Knight, but was not in the actual story. Everyone went WTF?!)

Other Sonic characters would also play familiar roles that fit their character. And if they're an opposing character, be prepared to beat them up! (And possibly feel happy if you hate the character's guts.)

What was that? You don't like the idea? Don't make me think of a gameplay changing gimmick! I liked S&TBK and SU. I'll do it. I'LL DO IT!!!

Edited by YoshiUnity

Meh. I don't really like the idea of Greek mythology, but as long as they also do Sci-Fi, I don't mind. Really, though, I want a Sci-Fi one. Sonic has a lot of that already, but one with far more in-depth Sci-Fi action would be awesome.

I still really want to see the idea of Eggman manipulating such a power, though, and creating a fictional world from the powers used to create these storybook worlds in order to create his own world in his own image. That would be pure awesomeness.

Whatever happened to the last poll, though? Hmm...

I wouldn't mind Greek mythology :P I mean who would pass up the chance to see Eggman in a toga?

I voted "other", and wrote "Surreal, like a Dr. Seuss or Bill Pete kind of thing".

Fuck yeah, I'd go for that any day. I've always wanted to see Sonic run through a Dali painting.

The only ones I don't want are Western and Sci-Fi. We already have a lot of Sci-Fi in Sonic and Western would probably end up bringing back gunplay. Unless they know better by now, but I'd still be against it because it seems like it wouldn't have much level variety. But I'd certainly like to see Sonic in a cowboy gettup. Again.

I'm gonna vote for Other. I want an Aztec setting with Echidna rulers. I don't know what the storybook for that is, but there has to be something out there. Maybe something to do with El Dorado? Was that a book?

As for the choices, Greek Mythology seems too cliched for a video game, although it'd be a popular choice. Sci-Fi doesn't work because Sonic's world already deals with space stations and giant robots, and I don't see how different they could make it from the main series. Film Noir would be nice, but the Noir would lose some of its touch if Sonic can't be a chain smoker. Although the Chaotix fit nicely into that world, and even Nack like others have mentioned. Nack would also go into the Western theme, and this seems like it'd be the best choice if I was going by the list. But I just can't imagine Sonic in the Wild West. Chasing a train down the empty plains could be fun, but I don't see how shootouts at high noon work well with Sonic. Could they even have a hanging rescue scene? Is public execution pushing it? Seeing Eggman as some kind of mad Steampunk inventor would change my whole view however. Or oil tycoon like Daniel Plainview, if anyone saw that movie. I just don't think there's much potential for running in the Western setting. Run where? It's just country. Anyways, Aztecs must win. Vote Aztec, everyone.

Edited by Badnikz

Definitely sci-fi. War of the Worlds lol. Sonic could always be big brother; 1984 style.

SONIC IS ALWAYS WATCHING.

Definitely sci-fi. War of the Worlds lol. Sonic could always be big brother; 1984 style.

SONIC IS ALWAYS WATCHING.

I think that would be a better fitted role to Eggman.

^ Yeah. I don't see how Sonic fits into it at all like that. It would be more like Eggman running the world and "is always watching." Sonic has the exact opposite role; he's the liberator, not the ruler.

That would be an awesome idea, though... However, it technically is almost the same as what I mentioned about Eggman making a world in his own image.

As much I'd loved to see "Sonic and the Argonaunts" or "The Good, the Bad, and the Speedy", I rather see a Sonicy take on classic horror stories since I loved Night of the Werehog. I wonder what monsters they would use:

sonic: werehog(duh)

Tail: Jeckel and Hyde

Knuckles: the mummy

Shadow: Dracula

Rouge: Witch/Succubus

Blaze: the Headless Knight/horseman

Eggman: Dr. Frankenstein

Omega: Dr. Frank.'s monster

Charmy: The Fly

Espio: The invisible man

Vector: the creature from the Black Lagoon

Chaos: The blob

I saw Greek Mythology and instantly thought of this

http://evanstanley.deviantart.com/art/Soni...s-Box-100836140

I could easily go with the Greek. It would be a return to the SatSR setup where sonic could coast through a multitude of stories, instead of just being limited to any single one. That would allow for a greater diversity of stages and could make for an interesting trip. There is also a sizable cast of characters to replicate with sonic-y equivalents (gods, titans, famous monsters/demons ect) and the possibility of collecting divine powers sounds like a winning rpg element to me.

I Sci-Fi thing could work, if they can think of a gimmick along the lines with tron that would see Sonic downloaded into the digital world and fight the ultimate virus. Although Sonic would likely resort into a fetal state after bearing witness to some of the stuff he will likely see. :P

The western theme would be fine by me, as long as Nack plays the twisted sheriff. Sonic riding a horse could be fun it they make it right and still emphasize his own speed.

Horror scares me. I don’t think it would work w/o being horrifically cheezy. Even with the good work Sonic Team writers have done lately, I don’t have enough faith in them to attempt something like this. Besides, the Twilight series killed vampires. *shudder*

Edited by Sega DogTagz

As I keep having to post this everywhere - sigh can't I get to bed already... all I did was put a poll up :(

Obviously guys this is a for fun only "If you could" poll and is not confirmation of Storybook Series III nor a decision poll on where we go with said non-existant title. Lol.

Yeah there has been Sonic in space too many times already, that wouldn't be very good. Horror would be a fun excuse to bring the werehog back (possibly ALL werehog play), but would kill the franchise with that.

I thought up Western as an option once before, but Greek Myths would be the next logical step for them to take without the poll. I don't have a facebook account but I would vote for Film Noir. There might be guns in that too but I love old black and white films and it'd be a good reason to bring the Chaotix back into play, seeing how that's their thing.

Can we get a congrats to Sega, getting our opinions about the next game they should make for a change? At least they're asking what we'd like to play.

At least they're asking what we'd like to play.

Yeah, they did the same thing for Shadow the Hedgehog. Know what the winning vote was? GUNS.

Yeah, they did the same thing for Shadow the Hedgehog. Know what the winning vote was? GUNS.

Hay lets clear this up, that wasn't a terrible thing to add for a SHADOW game. I don't remember a poll asking us if we wanted to play Sonic with a Sword. And frankly playing with guns can be fun XD...just as long as we're not making Sonic play them.

Shadow's game as a whole shouldn't have been made but if they were going to make it at least they had an idea of what to add...could've been better without those flying alien moments (or in 06 where he needs to drive a car. Sonic in a car has never worked, why do they keep doing that?).

Edited by Annie-Mae

Hay lets clear this up, that wasn't a terrible thing to add for a SHADOW game. I don't remember a poll asking us if we wanted to play Sonic with a Sword. And frankly playing with guns can be fun XD...just as long as we're not making Sonic play them.

Yeah, I know Shadow could have done better with them, but I still think that it wasn't necessary and it gave Sonic Team another thing to work on than fixing already existing issues in core gameplay. Plus, the fanbase doesn't really seem to know what it's asking for as a whole.

Edited by SuperStingray

Yeah, I know Shadow could have done better with them, but I still think that it wasn't necessary and it gave Sonic Team another thing to work on than fixing already existing issues in core gameplay. Plus, the fanbase doesn't really seem to know what it's asking for as a whole.

Sigh, there's already a topic about that somewhere else. Lets get back to what we would like to see from the next storybook game.

I think if they do the film noir Sonic, Shadow, Rouge, and Espio as playable. Shadow down and dirty cop with guns, Rouge sexy sassy girl with problems, and Espio as a ninja...wait...

Either way there can be a fun story out of this where Sonic works as a go to man with Vectors detective agency and needs to find the Maltese Falcon. Charmy as a Boy Friday and Tails as a Newspaper kid.

What, no "fuedal Japan"? FOR SHAME.

Admittedly, I'm leaning towards "horror" right now, but film noir and sci fi is a little tempting. Too bad I don't have a facebook. >.>

As fun as federal Japan might be, unforutnately as someone living outside of Asia I don't have any fond memories of federal Japan stories from my childhood. Unless you count Dragon Ball Z. Sticking Sonic into any storybook just doesn't have any charm if it's a story not everyone is familiar with.

As fun as federal Japan might be, unforutnately as someone living outside of Asia I don't have any fond memories of federal Japan stories from my childhood. Unless you count Dragon Ball Z. Sticking Sonic into any storybook just doesn't have any charm if it's a story not everyone is familiar with.
Fuedal. Not federal. XP

*Currently banging head against desk* ITS NOT GOING TO DECIDE ANYTHING! IT'S JUST FOR FUN!

*Currently banging head against desk* ITS NOT GOING TO DECIDE ANYTHING! IT'S JUST FOR FUN!

TSSZ doesn't believe you :lol:

Why does everyone have to always take these thing's seriously, it's just for fun