Awoo.

New Trailer, Boxart and EU/NA Release Dates!

Blue Blood

One thing I don't get, though, is why everyone seems to hate this game's theme song? I'll admit; it's not the "Crush 40 Epicness" that we all expect the Sonic 3D games to have in one form or another, but to say it's as bad as the Heroes theme? That's a bit overkill if ya ask me. I'd say it'd be more on par with "Endless Possibilities" from Sonic Unleashed; it's good, but it's not great.

Personally I like it a lot, but that's just me.

Because the lyrics are so cheesy that it wears a silly hat and bow tie made of cheesy and talks like Pee Wee Herman.

• Thumbs Up 1

After an hour and fifteen minutes of fighting with a shitty internet connection I've finally got this stuff news'd. Really wish I could afford a faster internet connection <_<

One thing I don't get, though, is why everyone seems to hate this game's theme song? I'll admit; it's not the "Crush 40 Epicness" that we all expect the Sonic 3D games to have in one form or another, but to say it's as bad as the Heroes theme? That's a bit overkill if ya ask me. I'd say it'd be more on par with "Endless Possibilities" from Sonic Unleashed; it's good, but it's not great.

Personally I like it a lot, but that's just me.

I don't even like most Crush 40 songs in all honesty, but then again I'm not a rock person. Save for "Open Your Heart", "Knight of the Wind", "Never Turn Back", and their cover of "Un-gravitify", I'm not on the Crush 40 train. I don't think Crush 40 fits with this game anyway

Hard rock song in a game with a level that's a giant cake with donuts and lollipops in the background? Nah! :P

Synthpop/electro isn't my cup of tea, so this song isn't doing it for me, but I tend to hate a lot of Sonic songs at first and then suddenly love them. But, I agree with you, this isn't nearly as bad as the Heroes Theme! Heroes has to be one of my least favorite OSTs anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The people that hate the song can fuck right off. It's aimed toward kids, so yes of course it's going to sound cheesy beyond belief. That said, I like it. God help me, I like it.

In the end, does it really matter? We're getting what can quite possibly be the best damn Sonic game since SA2/

And that's awwwright with me.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Um Yeah... the theme song sucks, I hate it more than "Endless Possibilities".Overall the game looks better than what they've released previous years.

I was already excited as all get-out for this game, but this trailer just pumped me up even more. Didn't think it was possible. :P

You know I was drooling about the trailer and raeging about the song till my nephew came in and asked me about this "awesome song"....

I guess it is aimed for kids... :rolleyes:

I am low on time so I can't post much right now

Sonic theme songs have been cheesy since things went 3D. It's pretty much a series staple at this point; personally I consider it a guilty pleasure, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Sonic theme songs has been cheesy since things went 3D always. It's pretty much a series staple at this point; personally I consider it a guilty pleasure, and wouldn't have it any other way.

fix'd ;)

Seriously, Sonic is really cheesy, but I love the guy anyway..

• Thumbs Up 1

That's some great box art; possibly my favourite since SA2B. I was worried that it would be that promotional shot of Sonic strolling with that wisp, so this is a bit of a relief. It's nice to see the wisps on the cover changed for the DS version, but I guess that means that the DS version probably won't get the same opening cutscene (or even an abridged version), since they're trying to be consistent. Hm.

Also, more Tails! It was just a split-second shot, but I'll take what I can get.

I look forward to seeing what Tails role in the game is, all this silence regarding him has me very curious.

Oh man, awesome box art, and I love that trailer! Still not sure what to think of the main theme though...

But yeah, I'm really excited for this. The wisp power-ups actually make the game seem more fun, Sega finally did it! Instead of "Well this game looks really cool if you look past that one thing..." it's "This game looks really cool and it has an awesome twist to it!"

Lol. That Song is SO Cheesy. XD

I love it.

--

Hardly saw much of the trailer, cuz, yaknow, dial-up.... say, anyone got a trailer for the DS Version?

Speaking of the DS Version, I FUCKING LOVE THE DS BOXART!

fix'd ;)

Seriously, Sonic is really cheesy, but I love the guy anyway..

My sentiments exactly. I'm going to sooooo sig this!

Whoa! The boxart looks really neat, and whats this? A purple whisp (Hmm...It looks very different from the teaser) and a....Square blue whisp? Huh, this is getting allot more intresting, anyhow the trailer was different compared to other sonic gameplay trailer, meaning i really like it :D

Sonic theme songs have been cheesy since things went 3D. It's pretty much a series staple at this point; personally I consider it a guilty pleasure, and wouldn't have it any other way.

>Implying 'Open Your Heart' and 'Live and Learn' were cheesy.

Seriously, compared to the likes of 'Heroes', 'I Am' and 'His World', this song has some of the worst lyrics of all the theme songs. And is it me or is it BADLY sung?

>Implying 'Open Your Heart' and 'Live and Learn' were cheesy.
Yeah. Not as cheesy, but still undeniably cheesy.

Seriously, compared to the likes of 'Heroes', 'I Am' and 'His World', this song has some of the worst lyrics of all the theme songs.
Still better than "All Hail Shadow".

I'm sure people noticed, but 8 Wisps (7 powers) confirmed for the Wii version and 6 Wisps (5 powers) confirmed for the DS version. Both versions share the rocket, laser, and drilling ability, but the Wii one also has a pink, blue, and green Wisp with different powers and the DS version has the fire Wisp with a different power, then both of them have a purple Wisp but they look different in both versions meaning different powers?

The purple Wisp on the Wii version looks more like a bat and the one on the DS version looks more like a plant.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Wow, mightily impressed by the boxart. If I'm able to, I'll be definitely picking this one up. It's actually looking pretty sweet.

Edited by Spin