Awoo.

New Trailer, Boxart and EU/NA Release Dates!

Blue Blood

Imokaywiththis.png

So long as we can agree that the Colours boxart is awesome. I hope the PAL one is no different (apart from the title, of course).

No question. It's easily one of the best Sonic box arts ever. The little things do matter Sega......now if only we could get a colored manual. I mean it's Sonic Colors right!

....I hate cheap black and white manuals.[/picky]

No question. It's easily one of the best Sonic box arts ever. The little things do matter Sega......now if only we could get a colored manual. I mean it's Sonic Colors right!

....I hate cheap black and white manuals.[/picky]

Same, big time. I was really surprised when M&S had a black and white manual. It was so... unfitting. Nah, I expect this one will be black and white as well. No biggie however, it'll remain out of site for the most part.

Those Badniks appear to Grounders from Sonic 2. I would have preferred Burrowbots because I like their little hats, but Grounders are fine. I'm curious how they actually threaten the player though, because it seems as though Sonic can hit them however to kill them. It might be for the best, though, because being hit while drilling would probably result in an instant kill. Maybe the idea is that they chase you out if you don't kill them?

And, well, it looks like Sonic Colors, and by that I mean it doesn't look like there's really all that much to differentiate one level from another apart from their appearance. It looks fun, but it also looks like they basically made the same level seven times. Well, There are a few bits in Candy Mountain Zone where you aren't just running, so I guess we'll see how this pans out. If it does, we'd probably be looking at one of the better 3D Sonic games.

Oh man, I don't think I've been this genuinely, unreservedly excited for a Sonic game in a while. Trailer looks great, boxart looks great, game looks great.

Also, hey, new wisp on the DS boxart. Looks like it's got something to do with Sonic's spin attack.

I suspect it does the same thing as the fork shaped wisp from the Wii version, they have the same mouth. For this reason, I suspect it's going to have something to do with sliding in the Wii game.

Edit: And this cover has me imagining Linkara complaining about "another group shot".

Edited by Phos

Those Badniks appear to Grounders from Sonic 2. I would have preferred Burrowbots because I like their little hats, but Grounders are fine. I'm curious how they actually threaten the player though, because it seems as though Sonic can hit them however to kill them. It might be for the best, though, because being hit while drilling would probably result in an instant kill. Maybe the idea is that they chase you out if you don't kill them?

I think that that moley things can probably hurt you from behind. That quite clear video (showed both TR and SM) from around E3 showed that you can adjust your speed while drilling.

If anyone cares, I've typed out the lyrics for the theme.

Take off at the speed of sound

Bright lights and colors all around

I'm runnin' wild; living fast & free

You know it gets inside of me

Not looking back

Not giving up

Not letting go

I’ll keep on runnin’

I’m gonna reach for the stars

Although they look pretty far

I’m gonna find my own way

And take a chance on today

The sky with stars so bright

The colors feel so right

I’ve never felt like this; I’ll keep on runnin’!

The sky with stars so bright

The colors feel so right

Just take my hand,

We’re gonna reach for the stars tonight…

Tonight…

Use as you will.

Edited by slam422
  • Thumbs Up 2

If anyone cares, I've typed out the lyrics for the theme.

Use as you will.

Oh dude thanks for posting the lyrics up thank you =) +1

Edited by Shaddix

Oh dude thanks for posting the lyrics up thank you =) +1

Your welcome!

And, well, it looks like Sonic Colors, and by that I mean it doesn't look like there's really all that much to differentiate one level from another apart from their appearance.

You know, and level differences. You act like they're all exactly the same with different textures.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I thought they were Burrowbots at first. But then I saw they have bolts for eyes like Grounders do. It's the same to me though.

Maybe you're vulnerable to them if you're not boost-drilling? Like in gameplay footage, when the player hits an underground box it looks like they need to shake again to boost the drilling. So that's your attack mode, and that's how you hit the Grounders? Something like that.

Subterranean Grounder Warfare FTW.

Simply nothing else can even come close to that level of awesomeness. It so nice that the devs are not only smoothly implementing these wisp’s but going the extra mile to make each one a special experience outside of the main focus (we now know that both the Laser and Drill have both locomotion and combat capabilities). God I love it. The trailer was pretty nice too.

+1.....000 to anyone who can effectively mashup Reach for the stars with Endless Possibility. :V

I've tried before with an audio editing program months ago but failed miserably.

I’m runnin’ wild; very fast & free

You know it’s just inside of me

I think it's actually...

I'm running wild; LIVING fast and free

You know it LIVES inside of me.

At least, that's what I hear.

While on the topic of the theme song, anyone else notice the tune during "I'm gonna reach for the stars/although they look pretty far" is the same as the beginning of the orchestral music from the game's japanese website? Cool. :)

I hated the song at first, but this longer version just shows how fucking awesome it is. I thought it was going to be a mindless piece of shit at first, but it's structure and sound are amazing when hearing a tad more of it, ^_^. Kinda want to make my own Sonic theme song just for kicks since I know understand all the elements to making one now.

I really love that drill power by the way. The addition of badniks just boosts it's already awesomeness. Can't wait for the game; too long it seems so far away, D;.

-Blur

You know, and level differences. You act like they're all exactly the same with different textures.

I'm talking about how the levels largely appear have essentially the same (or simply the same) set pieces used in essentially the same ways. For example, they like to include those three abreast grinding rails, there appears to be one in every level. They're all built out of essentially the same pieces.

The song's fun and unbelievably corny...and full of Autotune. Ah, well. Nothing too different from the gameplay front, but it still looks fun. The boxart looks great!

They're all built out of essentially the same pieces.

You mean like how in 2-D? Loops, springs, rings, hills, water, rocks, any of that ring a bell?

Obviously there are going to be recurring elements. If the game threw a bunch of new stuff at you, then a whole bunch more new stuff next level with the other shit never mentioned again, and repeats that, it doesn't make for good gameplay.

That, and would just one rail be... fun? It's kinda nice to be able to hop between rails and such, only one rail means that you are now on a track with no movement, boosting. That sounds like exactly the kind of thing you dislike, and you're complaining about it NOT being there?

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, the song ain't terrible, but it's a poor man's Owl City.

For once, despite hating the Unleashed formula with a passion, I'm actually thinking I might like this game. As long as it's geared more towards the WiiLeashed style, of course, and considering I haven't seen the quick-step so far and there's been plenty of drifting, I'm thinking it will be, and I hope it is, because the 360 version sucked. If they bring back the 360 version's horrible level design, I swear to God...

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Eh, the song ain't terrible, but it's a poor man's Owl City.

For once, despite hating the Unleashed formula with a passion, I'm actually thinking I might like this game. As long as it's geared more towards the WiiLeashed style, of course, and considering I haven't seen the quick-step so far and there's been plenty of drifting, I'm thinking it will be, and I hope it is, because the 360 version sucked. If they bring back the 360 version's horrible level design, I swear to God...

You mean "run forward without doing anything and making a few turns" kind of gameplay? With a shitty boost to boot? I don't care what you think about the 360 design in the end, but the Wii's levels were literal flat tracks with a few turns. I'd rather have some easy movement and interesting levels thanks.

Also, you're fucked anyways because it's been shown to be almost an exact copy of 360Unleashed's levels and gameplay but with Wisps.

You know, having things to do in a level and some complexity? Good physics, doesn't put people to sleep, fun to play?

• Thumbs Up 3

You mean like how in 2-D? Loops, springs, rings, hills, water, rocks, any of that ring a bell?

I'm talking more about things like arrow shooting statue faces, broken columns, layered (And oversquare) loops, hidden grounders. That's a quick list of things unique to Aquatic Ruin Zone. Aside from Grounders, it also had fish and insect badniks that didn't show up anywhere else either.

This isn't a principle unique to the classic Sonic games, "levels being different from one another" is something present in a lot of games. Take Demon's Souls, a very un Sonic like game, for example. Each level is laid out in a completely different way with a largely unique set of enemies. In Stonefang Tunnel, you have to deal with a bunch of rock hard miners and fire attacks within a bunch of mining tunnels, but in the Shrine of Storms, you have to deal with a bunch of ninja skeletons and flying sting rays who periodically launch giant barbs at you within a ruined fortress-temple. And that's just the first part of those two levels.

Obviously there are going to be recurring elements. If the game threw a bunch of new stuff at you, then a whole bunch more new stuff next level with the other shit never mentioned again, and repeats that, it doesn't make for good gameplay.

It kind of sounds like you're describing Super Mario Galaxy.

That, and would just one rail be... fun? It's kinda nice to be able to hop between rails and such, only one rail means that you are now on a track with no movement, boosting. That sounds like exactly the kind of thing you dislike, and you're complaining about it NOT being there?

A single rail is another example of an overused mechanic. I didn't mention it because they're basically two different mechanics at this point.

You mean "run forward without doing anything and making a few turns" kind of gameplay? With a shitty boost to boot? I don't care what you think about the 360 design in the end, but the Wii's levels were literal flat tracks with a few turns. I'd rather have some easy movement and interesting levels thanks.

By "easy movement" you mean "Sonic can't turn for shit, only a couple of drifting spots in the entire game, and an overuse of a mechanic that is often used in places where the the designers expect you to have inhuman reflexes", and by "interesting levels" you mean "levels filled to the brim with so much fake difficulty you need to memorize the entire thing just to survive and more or less kills the enjoyment outright, and the devs know this but can't be arsed to fix it so they chuck in extra levels in easily-accessible places"? Good grief, say what you will about the Wii version, but least it was actually fun.

Also, you're fucked anyways because it's been shown to be almost an exact copy of 360Unleashed's levels and gameplay but with Wisps.

... If your intention was to turn me off this game completely, congrats, you've succeeded. Argh.

You know, having things to do in a level and some complexity? Good physics, doesn't put people to sleep, fun to play?

Shame it amounts to absolutely nothing since the design was horrid.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Super Sonic in levels in a 3D Sonic game would suck all the fun out the game and make the game too fucking super easy I really hope it ain't in the game that would totally suck.

I challenge you to try the Super Sonic mod for SADX, and then come at me with that statement again.

You'll be lying out of your teeth if you do

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm talking more about things like arrow shooting statue faces, broken columns, layered (And oversquare) loops, hidden grounders. That's a quick list of things unique to Aquatic Ruin Zone. Aside from Grounders, it also had fish and insect badniks that didn't show up anywhere else either.

So like more extra stuff, not so much entire new levels? I think this has that too. We know badniks are around, and the levels seem to be different in the idea of little special things for each level (jelly bean rocket).

And if anything, the Egg Pawns are world themed.

It kind of sounds like you're describing Super Mario Galaxy.

The first one or second one?

Because the first one did this with the ball gimmick and it was fucking horrible but Galaxy 2 was the greatest thing since sliced bread so I don't care if it wanked off in my face I would still love it.

Actually I kinda wish it would do that.

I challenge you to try the Super Sonic mod for SADX, and then come at me with that statement again.

You'll be lying out of your teeth if you do

Well seeing that I don't own SADX for my PC so that will be impossible to do so nope I won't be trying that out and I was talking about 3D Unleashed gameplay (I must of forgot to add that last night lol tiredness ftw XD) I do think Super Sonic will make it too easy for the game. It's great idea and I have nothing against Super Sonic but Super Sonic in normal levels is just not for me and makes it super easy mode.

lol I haz gotz neg repz for that post you quoted lmao wat.a.win

Edited by Shaddix
  • Bad Quality Post 1