Awoo.

New Trailer, Boxart and EU/NA Release Dates!

Blue Blood

Well seeing that I don't own SADX for my PC so that will be impossible to do so nope I won't be trying that out and I was talking about 3D Unleashed gameplay (I must of forgot to add that last night lol tiredness ftw XD) I do think Super Sonic will make it too easy for the game. It's great idea and I have nothing against Super Sonic but Super Sonic in normal levels is just not for me and makes it super easy mode.

lol I haz gotz neg repz for that post you quoted lmao wat.a.win

To be fair, by the time you have Super Sonic, you'll most likely have beaten the game already, so that would'nt matter.

Also, I up repped 2 posts to neutralize the 2 neg reps.

Oh, and speedfreak, I like the orignal Sonic Adventure case. Sonic's pose is cool, I wish Uekawa made more artworks with more abstract poses like that.

Edited by MarcelloF

Well seeing that I don't own SADX for my PC so that will be impossible to do so nope I won't be trying that out and I was talking about 3D Unleashed gameplay (I must of forgot to add that last night lol tiredness ftw XD) I do think Super Sonic will make it too easy for the game. It's great idea and I have nothing against Super Sonic but Super Sonic in normal levels is just not for me and makes it super easy mode.

lol I haz gotz neg repz for that post you quoted lmao wat.a.win

It'd be after you've completed the game, so why does it matter if it turns things into easy mode? Cause like, it turned S3K into easy mode, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm talking about how the levels largely appear have essentially the same (or simply the same) set pieces used in essentially the same ways. For example, they like to include those three abreast grinding rails, there appears to be one in every level. They're all built out of essentially the same pieces.

Everytime the three grinding rails are shown in the trailer it's from the exact same act of the exact same zone.

I think it's actually...

I'm running wild; LIVING fast and free

You know it LIVES inside of me.

At least, that's what I hear.

Y'know, that was the one part I wasn't 100% sure on. But now that I've gone back & heard it again, it sounds more like...

"I'm runnin' wild; living fast & free

You know it gets inside of me"

I think I'll go & update those lyrics now.

I think it's "No regrets inside of me".

It is. To be exact: " There are no regrets inside of me"

I watched the trailer, and I was impressed.

I guess its safe to say that this game is Sonic Unleashed 2, just without the Werehog and more Platforming/Exploring.

What we seen so far: A fast paced Action Game, with a bit of decent platforming, huge levels = exploration, and no completley forced gimmicks (i.e. Werehog, Swordplay)

Also, the Wisps dont slow down the gameplay too much, unlike the Werehog. And they seem to be fun.

I am convinced that this could break the infamous Sonic-Cycle.

Looking at some previews here and there, the critics are quite impressed, and waiting for more. So am I.

Edited by BlueBlurAustria

It is. To be exact: " There are no regrets inside of me"

Actually it's "got no regrets inside of me."

But yeah, it's definitely "regrets." Not "gets."

Actually it's "got no regrets inside of me."

But yeah, it's definitely "regrets." Not "gets."

Oops. I listened to it again and yeah, your right. Now I feel stupid :<

Just saw the trailer. The game's looking pretty danged fun so far and the boxart's lookin' amazing! And also, I actually kinda like the theme song despite it's cheesyness. I dunno, I always expect the theme songs in sonic to be cheesy, so I'm pretty used to it.

Okay, final on the lyrics then?

(Song opening with drums)

Take off at the speed of sound

Bright lights, colors all arouuund

I'm running wild, living fast! And free

Got no regrets inside of meeee -

Not looking back

Not giving up

Not letting go - I'll keep on running

(Guitar)

I'm gonna reach for the stars!

Although they look pretty far

I'm gonna find my own waaay

And take a chance on today!

(First trailer segment)

The sky with stars so bright

The colors feel so right

I've never felt like this I'll keep on runnning!

The sky with stars so bright

The colors feel so right

Just take my hand, were gonna reach for the stars -

Tonight... tonight....

Watch, the final boss will have an orchestral remix of Reach for the Stars, and it will be fucking amazing.

And by fucking amazing I mean you know how Endless Possibilities was beautiful as an orchestral performance? This will blow it out of the water and shoot it in midair with amazing.

And all the haters will cry.

Watch, the final boss will have an orchestral remix of Reach for the Stars, and it will be fucking amazing.

And by fucking amazing I mean you know how Endless Possibilities was beautiful as an orchestral performance? This will blow it out of the water and shoot it in midair with amazing.

Heh, i can't wait to hear it! And im guessing the final boss will be some sort of rainbow monster (Eggman sucks all the powers from the whisps--Well you know the rest) but then again, its really predictable that at the end, you have to face some sort of overpowered demon made out of whatever energy it charged itself with, and you use whisps to go super sonic....Or "Super Rainbow Sonic" and possibly go streaming around with a rainbow behind, but i don't mind. I grew up with such sonic games (Grew up in the Dreamcast Era) Although...Would be cool if in the final boss you had to use ALL the power-ups to weaken it ?

Naw, the previously unmentioned evil wisp empire leader will take over Eggman's theme part and overthrow him.

You all know it's going to happen.

... :(

Naw, the previously unmentioned evil wisp empire leader will take over Eggman's theme part and overthrow him.

Actually, that could work out and not be a typical monster of the week. If the wisps are evil, Eggman could be actually protecting the world from them, until Sonic comes in and believes the cute little creatures, and fucks everything up and releases all of the evil, so Eggman busts out this giant mech to fight it, and Sonic jumps on, and Eggman has to get in close and punch the fuck out of it then Sonic runs on the mech to beat up the wisp after it grabs Eggman and oh dear.

Actually, that could work out and not be a typical monster of the week. If the wisps are evil, Eggman could be actually protecting the world from them, until Sonic comes in and believes the cute little creatures, and fucks everything up and releases all of the evil, so Eggman busts out this giant mech to fight it, and Sonic jumps on, and Eggman has to get in close and punch the fuck out of it then Sonic runs on the mech to beat up the wisp after it grabs Eggman and oh dear.

If something alone those lines happens, I hope it isn't QTE heavy. :P The whole time I was reading your message, my mind was popping up with

"A"

"LB"

"B"

"Y x 16"

While the scenes during those moments were certainly rather flashy, it just feels awkward upon replaying them.

Edited by Mykonos

Either this, or they pull a Black Knight/Rush and make an original final boss theme that actually fits the fight. Which I would kinda prefer, since every time they've done that, the resulting song was pure awesome.

Either this, or they pull a Black Knight/Rush and make an original final boss theme that actually fits the fight. Which I would kinda prefer, since every time they've done that, the resulting song was pure awesome.

Open Your Heart fit the Chaos fight pretty well. The whole song is about Sonic being fucking pissed at Chaos and ripping him a new asshole.

EDIT: Also Metal Overlord in Heroes had a custom theme.

And Orchestral Endless Possibilities was fucking amazing in a blue speedy cup.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth

So like more extra stuff, not so much entire new levels? I think this has that too. We know badniks are around, and the levels seem to be different in the idea of little special things for each level (jelly bean rocket).

And if anything, the Egg Pawns are world themed.

Thus far the jelly bean rockets are just about the only unique things seen thus far. I'm not saying that this is the case, just that they haven't inspired much confidence that it isn't.

... :(

I though this was confirmed? :blink:

Sounds like Kirby.

Thus far the jelly bean rockets are just about the only unique things seen thus far. I'm not saying that this is the case, just that they haven't inspired much confidence that it isn't.

We've also only seen two levels clearly, three in total. Sweet Mountain is pretty stylish, and so is the first stage (no idea what the name is) so I really don't think bland levels will be an issue.

I mean we have chef eggpaws for godsake, that's amazing.

When it comes to stage gimmicks, Tropical Resort has those fan things, and Sweet Mountain has more interactive moments where you can have fun walking through popcorn or destroying gingerbread men. Also, there's that EggPawn dropping button in the stage, which is more for kicks than anything else.

It's not at the level of the classic Sonic titles where you could use your speed to do different things, (an example is Marble Garden Zone's top) but at the very least this is the best we've seen out of a 3D Sonic in a long time. And hey, we've only really seen 2 Zones in action anyway, so there's more to come.

Only just got around to seeing these new updates, so here's my thoughts:

Box art is AWESOME. Much better than I was expecting. I like how the Wii and DS versions show off their respective Wisps, so you know exactly what you're getting in each one.

New trailer is cool too, if only to hear more of the theme song. It's another love it or hate it Sonic song, and being the cheesy song lover that I am (oh the shame!) I love it. Can't wait for the full version.

Also, 12th November in Europe? We get it before America? I love you SEGA. First you give us the "u" in "Colours", now you give us this.

The boxart on both versions are sexy. Really liked the design, yet cool.

Heard the theme song from the trailer, too. It was good, but a little cheesy.