Awoo.

New Trailer, Boxart and EU/NA Release Dates!

Blue Blood

Wa-hoo! New trailer! That was absolutely fantastic! I love the perfect blend of gameplay and CG! It was great to see Tails again, I really hope he plays a bigger role in this game than the basic plot implies!

So, Mr. Cute Curly Wisp is back again- both on the cover art and the trailer. I wonder what he is there for? Didn't one of the managers at SEGA say there would be no "sidekick" characters?

I have to agree the theme song (specifically, the vocals) doesn't scream "wow" to me. It's catchy, but it's not my taste. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game just the same, however!

The box art must be the best Sonic's had for a console game in years! The background, the wisps, the colours (haha)- it's beautiful! And look at that Sonic render... it's so... IN YO FACE! :P

*Ahem* OK, I'm done fan-ranting. This is shaping up to be a pretty cool game, I can't wait for November to come around!

So, Mr. Cute Curly Wisp is back again- both on the cover art and the trailer. I wonder what he is there for? Didn't one of the managers at SEGA say there would be no "sidekick" characters?

Since the Wisps reportedly don't talk, that kills Curly's chances of being a side kick character. I think he simply might be a leader, scout, or a vagrant of sorts merely pointing the way to his captured brethren in the storyline and have no much more use than that.

Anyways, it's great to finally get a proper gameplay trailer, and the extra CGI bits are certainly welcomed (and hopefully we get more at SoS). But what surprised me most were the Tread Moles underground, simply because they've been completely absent up until now. I guess digging will not be a lax experience; Now I have to worry about battling something. xP

Since the Wisps reportedly don't talk, that kills Curly's chances of being a side kick character. I think he simply might be a leader, scout, or a vagrant of sorts merely pointing the way to his captured brethren in the storyline and have no much more use than that.

I think of him as that character from Wario Land Shake It!

The one that escapes to warn Sonic, but not really a partner in anyway.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 1

So yeah, I just jizzed...

Epic trailer, and most importantly....

EPIC BAWXARRRT> ;A; ...so awesome....

Oh, wow!

Listen closely at 0:37 and you can hear Sonic grunt! It doesn't sound like Griffith to me, but maybe I'm just imagining it xD

The song sounds like another pop-punk song to me, like Endless Possibility. It sounds alright! I've been hearing the short version for so long, I was getting into it when it got to the part I recognized. I think the new style works better for Sonic than the Heroes-era rock. Or Runblebee. Song's good.

I like the angles they used for the trailer, it makes things look faster. And new areas are cool. I feel like there'll definitely be optional acts 3 and 4.

Oh and the Burrowbots? Wow. I know we spotted them back in the Badnik topic, but they're spinning after Sonic! That's what the underground sections were missing. We're seeing these classic Badniks in their element after 19 years. I made an audible fanboy noise when I paused the trailer and saw the Burrowbots.

By the All Spark, that song's an ear worm X_X

1568u8w.jpg

This is going to be the best Sonic game ever.

EVER.

Only if it has an in level Super mode :|

Edited by Aquaslash

^ Speaking of which, I wonder if the Chaos Emeralds are gonna be involved the story again. So far it doesn't seem like Eggman's even glanced at them, he's all hyped up on the Wisps. Could this be the first mainstream game to NOT involve the Chaos Emeralds?...

They might not be involved with the story, but I really can't see Sonic not going Super in a main series title. We saw those red rings, so maybe they're for going to the Special Zone to get the Chaos Emeralds. Maybe its just Eggman isn't trying to use them.

^ Speaking of which, I wonder if the Chaos Emeralds are gonna be involved the story again. So far it doesn't seem like Eggman's even glanced at them, he's all hyped up on the Wisps. Could this be the first mainstream game to NOT involve the Chaos Emeralds?...

I'm pretty sure Iizuka said in a past interview that the Chaos Emeralds are in this game.

I'm pretty sure Iizuka said in a past interview that the Chaos Emeralds are in this game.

Wait, this means there is hope for the ability to play as Super Sonic in levels, or there are the bigger chances of dealing with some sort of monstrosity made out of eggmans scrap and the power of the whisps he drained out of some. And then sonic has to go super and all that, thats a possibility :P

Wait, this means there is hope for the ability to play as Super Sonic in levels, or there are the bigger chances of dealing with some sort of monstrosity made out of eggmans scrap and the power of the whisps he drained out of some. And then sonic has to go super and all that, thats a possibility :P

Super Sonic in levels in a 3D Sonic game would suck all the fun out the game and make the game too fucking super easy I really hope it ain't in the game that would totally suck.

Edit: Lol neg reps for saying what I think about SS in normal levels lolz.

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Super Sonic in levels in a 3D Sonic game would suck all the fun out the game and make the game too fucking super easy I really hope it ain't in the game that would totally suck.

Your right, sonic is already fast enough, super sonic usually in sonic games is allot faster then sonic without the super form. I mean we don't really need to torture the wii's power to make sonic go EVEN faster ( do we?) but there are high chances that super sonic will be possibly used somewhere at the final boss (all the whisps give their powers to sonic, now your Super Rainbow Sonic! )

Trailer is awesome, music is awesome, box-art is awesome, release date is arrggghhh you lucky Europeans!!1!

Only if it has an in level Super mode :|

Well, Sonic Colors is a game that has quite a large focus on power-ups that do awesome stuff. Super Sonic is essentially nothing more than a really powerful power-up. Chaos Emeralds have been confirmed to be in the game. Hmmmm.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Super Sonic made an in-game return this time around.

Not that this game needs an in-game Super Sonic in order to be super duper awesome, that is.

Edited by HunterTSF

I want two god-modes.

Super Sonic = Invincibility and infinite boost.

Colors Sonic = All the other Wisp powers available at once.

Or just combine them for maximum awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colors Sonic = All the other Wisp powers available at once.
How would this even work? They're all activated the same way...

That's probably the most appealing boxart a Sonic game has had since Adventure 1, I really like it.

Yeah Sonic Colors box art is great.......but the Sonic Adventure box art kinda sucked.

Sonic_Adventure.png

Who the hell stands like that?! It was trying way too hard to be "EXTREME!", IMO.

Yeah Sonic Colors box art is great.......but the Sonic Adventure box art kinda sucked.

Sonic_Adventure.png

Who the hell stands like that?! It was trying way too hard to be "EXTREME!", IMO.

He could always be mid jump :P Go get an S rank on Unleashed, he pulls that exact pose mid-way through the his celebration animation, and then finishes in the Advance 1 pose. A couple of cute little Easter Eggs.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what's up with a Purple AND violet Wisp? O_o

They even have the same face, weird.

Sonic_Adventure.png

Sorry but this cover one this is the crappy SA cover not the original Sonic Adventure cover

Sadx_pc_jp.jpg

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry but this cover one this is the crappy SA cover not the original Sonic Adventure cover

Sadx_pc_jp.jpg

Let's compromise, they both suck.

Let's compromise, they both suck.

Imokaywiththis.png

So long as we can agree that the Colours boxart is awesome. I hope the PAL one is no different (apart from the title, of course).

Oh god, I love that song. I don't care about you jerks who hate it, that's a pretty kickass theme.

Also game looks great, boxart is great, this just looks great.

Watch, it'll come with a free handjob from Jerry Mathers.

• Thumbs Up 3