Awoo.

New Trailer, Boxart and EU/NA Release Dates!

Blue Blood

That's it, forget everything. I WANT THIS GAME NOW.

Has anyone here actually heard of Cash Cash before this song? I didn't.

It actually seems like all of their songs are just naturally corny.

Ah, I had forgotten about Tropical Resort's fans.

Also, funny thing about the trailer: At one point, you see Sonic running with his hands open, but elsewhere you can see that they're in fists. Randomized running animation, fluke, or Is it a change between two prototypes of the game?

Ah, I had forgotten about Tropical Resort's fans.

Also, funny thing about the trailer: At one point, you see Sonic running with his hands open, but elsewhere you can see that they're in fists. Randomized running animation, fluke, or Is it a change between two prototypes of the game?

Aww what.

I hope you're seeing things. I like open-fist running. It doesn't matter either way, but I have a preference for it.

Haven't previous videos shown closed fists or am I missremembering? Given how much of the CG shows open hands, I'm guessing that's what they're going with. Not sure why they decided to fan his fingers out like that, though.

I believe his hands close into fists when you're boosting.

I saw them live last year when they supported a band I was going to see. Although most of their songs are insanely corny, they're the kind of songs that stick in your head.

Kinda going off topic but I wore a Sonic shirt to that gig last year and met Cash Cash after the show. We ended up talking about Sonic for a good half hour and then I got them to sign my shirt. Seemed sort of silly at the time but it looks like it paid off :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Sonic has

^ I was going to post that before but didn't know if it was already posted heh XD but the Australia do deserve it first I mean they had to wait a extra month for Super Mario Galaxy 2 after the UK release so yeah pretty cool stuff I say a lot of Sonic fans in Australia will be happy about this=)

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Although most of their songs are insanely corny, they're the kind of songs that stick in your head.

I know. Honestly i'm fine with weird lyrics if the music is good, and they're honestly not bad.

If SEGA keeps this trend of using singers from different bands for their music, I'll look forward to every main theme forever.

The first time I watched the trailer, I involuntarily scrunched my face up into a wrinkly little ball of shame because of how cheesy the lyrics were. By the third or fourth time I'd seen it, I was humming along without a care in the world. I've gone through pretty much the same process with just about every Sonic-related song, honestly*; it just takes some times to grow used enough to the lyrics to be able to ignore them and appreciate the sound.

*The big exception to this rule for me is Seven Rings in Hand, which I never found embarrassing because I didn't understand the lyrics anyway.

Edited by Octarine

I know. Honestly i'm fine with weird lyrics if the music is good, and they're honestly not bad.

If SEGA keeps this trend of using singers from different bands for their music, I'll look forward to every main theme forever.

SEGA somehow managed to get their hands on Marty Friedman for SatBK's Final Boss song (With Me).

I would think that every game they'd hire a more and more mainstream band to do the theme, with the usual Crush 40 songs backing them up or Vice Versa.

Man, I'm sort of late to the party. Anyway, I love the new trailer, and the gameplay is looking very sick so far. Now the theme of the game is going to be a love it or hate it scenario, and as of now I'm sort of in between. I like the style of the music manly because it seems to fit the game, but the lyrics are just a bit too cheesy for my tastes. Who knows, it might grow on me.

I really hope the song isn't the actual theme of the game (even though it probably is). It sounds really lame. Like, Sonic Heroes lame. Why can't they do an epic theme, like His World?

I remember laughing really hard the first time I booted up Sonic Heroes.

"SONIC! HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEES!!!!! (Sonic! Heroooooooooooooooeeeees!!!!!!!!!)"

Edited by Chaos Rush

I really hope the song isn't the actual theme of the game (even though it probably is). It sounds really lame. Like, Sonic Heroes lame. Why can't they do an epic theme, like His World?

I remember laughing really hard the first time I booted up Sonic Heroes.

"SONIC! HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEES!!!!! (Sonic! Heroooooooooooooooeeeees!!!!!!!!!)"

Sonic Team said they intentionally wanted to make the game "like" Heroes, you know, with the whole Light hearted > Epic thing. Though I like it when they try to give us a dose of both...

Hopefully the theme that plays during the final fight will make up for the main theme that many seem to dislike, kinda how "What I'm made of" made up for "Sonic Heroes."

Am I the only person who likes "Sonic Heroes" song?

Nope I totally love that song I'd rather listen to that over "ALMOOSSTTT DEADDDD ALMOSSTTT DEAD, ALLMOSTT DEAD TOOOO TEH WORLD" any day of the week :) lol seriously though I do like Sonic Heroes helps me get in a good mood [unless I listen to the Tomb Raider: Anniversary theme music *see profile to hear it* that much better to get in a good mood with lol:)].

Edited by Shaddix

I like it, but it's more nostalgia than anything else. Generally, I tend to prefer Sonic game themes that vaguely mention what the game is about, rather than a song that has Sonic & co's names actually being in it every other verse (That way I can listen to them in public and not feel like I'm 'weird' D:) I guess that's why I like "His world" so much, everything's in third person, and to people around you it might sound like a "mainstream" song. :P

But that's just me...I do think "Heroes" is catchy though, and it's on my mp3 player, I just.. tend not to listen to it in public like with other songs in the series.

Edited by Ferno

November 16th?? Meaning the same day as LittleBigPlanet 2?

..Ugh. Guess I won't be playing this for a while.

When it comes to stage gimmicks, Tropical Resort has those fan things, and Sweet Mountain has more interactive moments where you can have fun walking through popcorn or destroying gingerbread men. Also, there's that EggPawn dropping button in the stage, which is more for kicks than anything else.

Also the balloons in Tropical Resort. From Carnival Night of course.

I hope there are a few more unique Wisp gimmicks. The circuits and crystals are cool, but they could add more.

Nope I totally love that song I'd rather listen to that over "ALMOOSSTTT DEADDDD ALMOSSTTT DEAD, ALLMOSTT DEAD TOOOO TEH WORLD" any day of the week :) lol seriously though I do like Sonic Heroes helps me get in a good mood [unless I listen to the Tomb Raider: Anniversary theme music *see profile to hear it* that much better to get in a good mood with lol:)].

You are aware you picked a terrible example right?

• Thumbs Up 3

God no. Heroes' whole soundtrack was great. Sure, the lyrics are more cheesy than mozzarella sticks but who cares, they all have a good beat, catchy as fuck, and sound really good.

I don't have a problem with the actual soundtrack of Heroes as a whole, BUT, I still think the main theme is really cheesy. Also the whole team work thing is cheesy, too.

Sonic (cutscene before fighting Metal): "LET'S DO THIS WITH THE SUPER POWER OF TEAM WORK!"