Awoo.

Live Action Fairly Odd Parents Movie

AdventChild

Because no one asked for it, Nick is going to make a live adaptation movie of The Fairly Odd Parents with of course as the description says Drake Bell as Timmy Turner......*Head desks x10000..

Nick Greenlights "Fairly OddParents" Live-Action Movie to Premiere in 2011

tumblr_l63ivdYeVf1qa4iv8o1_500.jpg

You know what? This is probably Nick trying to cash in on CN's idea of creating movies for the Ben Ten series or trying to redeem themselves from the whole Avatar: The Last Airbender fiasco. Either way this is probably going to suck big. Why not just make an animated movie? Seriously, though this is just unneeded bullcrap, and going to stain one of Nick's great/decent shows.

I can't see this being anything other than a complete and total disaster of a movie, to be followed up by three or more straight-to-DVD sequels.

The cartoon is great because of its animation style, the writing and the voices. Remove all of those redeeming elements and you've got a totally different product, and if said product is masquerading as the original animation, let's just say it will not end well.

• Thumbs Up 2

No Jeffin' way.

I really LOVED the cartoon series. It was damn funny at times, zany and wild, I loved it. I would watch it whenever I could.

But live action? Really? I can't see it. I'm really worried this'll be a nose-dive. But even more worried that it will be awful and somehow still popular, thus ruining my like for the show.

Damn.

EDIT: Also, wtf? The actor looks like he's at least ten years older than all the other kids. That snap had better be in the middle of some kind of age-altering wish.

• Thumbs Up 3

I used to think all live-action adaptations of animation were crap. Then I watched Speed Racer.

Seriously guys, at least wait for the fucking trailer to come out before blowing your gasket.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I think I should bring out the sharks. If it hasn't happened yet, there's some much needed jumping to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's Cosmo and Wanda... Well at least their hair...

I'm creeped out...

fnh45d.jpg

And here I thought they weren't going to ever make a live action film.

And they did it.

They actually did it.

I... I'm gonna cry now.

Jason Alexander is Cosmo? Now you guys have to give this movie a chance. Come on.

I'll admit that the only possible redeeming quality to this is a possible Art Vandalay joke.

EDIT- maybe I'm being a little harsh on it, but I'm not feeling so good about this.

Edited by GameFarnsworth940

I am so unbelievably happy to see Pelly and Jake being at least a little optimistic. Good lord, I thought I was the only one to see potential.

I'll admit: I don't think it will be good. But not because it's live action or for the story. In fact, I think the story is brilliant.

If they were ever to make a canonical end to this series, this would be it. Timmy loves his fairy godparents, they're probably better parents than his real ones. For him to refuse to grow up just to stay with them sounds like something he'd do and it's really quite touching. And now here he's finally faced with the real world. He now has the huge decision of giving up the two people closest to him and having a chance at doing something with his life or not. I can imagine myself crying like a fucking baby if he lets them go. It would be extremely emotional and a perfect way to end.

But see, I don't expect much because it's Nickelodeon. They don't make good made-for-TV movies. They probably don't plan to finish off the show with this but rather treat it like another episode and use it to promote more new episodes. Still, there's a glimmer of hope. All that can be said for Cartoon Network for the most part. Yet Ed, Edd, & Eddy's Big Picture Show was amazing, kept all the spirit of the show, and served as a great finale. Albeit it wasn't live action, but that's not going to ruin anything, bad storytelling will.

Honestly? I can't wait for this.

• Thumbs Up 2

draft_lens1979209module9492865photo_1211387869crocker.jpg

WAT.

This was my absolute favourite show back when I was Timmy's age. It is way past its prime but at least it is still as fun and wacky as ever... but this... wow. Nickelodeon: Mutilating My Childhood Since 2005.

Naw, in all seriousness... well... "wat." But I won't knock it until I try it. Maybe it will actually be good. :)

Edited by BlazingTales

Man Crocker was great. So at least the acting isn't shit so far. And Drake Bell's decent too so two main characters down.

Really, people are overreacting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like someone managed to leak some pre-production footage at Comic-con.:

Durhur, I still can't put the videos on the board cause I don't know how and I am stupid

Nothing much to say, but at least whoever's playing Mr. Crocker's doing a pretty decent job...

1st off- don't feel bad about not posting videos. I can't either.

2nd- I couldn't really tell what was happening in the video, though the fact that I'm using my Wii's internet browser to view it.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I'm not gonna knock it, I am surprised they went for a live-action approach again and didn't go the way of the epicness that is The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

Man Crocker was great. So at least the acting isn't shit so far. And Drake Bell's decent too so two main characters down.

I have to say, I agree. Drake seems to be all right, I can't really tell though... Though I do like how Crocker's actor is capturing the character quite nicely. I do have a bit of faith in this movie. I don't think it'll be good, but I don't think it'll be bad. I'll judge when the time comes.

I liked Crocker, I want his movements to be more fluid when he says "FAIRY GOD PARENTS" though I guess that would be kinda hard to act out... Of course I'm sure many people find it creep to see a grown ass man in the 5th grade...

Edited by Silencer226

I haven't seen this show in a while mainly because I started moving on to other series, but it felt like it jumped the shark when the baby came in.

While I think the whole Live-Action thing is a weird move, it's not completely interdependent with the writing. The story could still be well done for all we know. Most of the FOP movies are pretty good.

That said, I do have a feeling it will lose a lot in the process. The show's style just involves a lot of physical humor and facial expressions that can't be pulled off in live action unless they use cartoony CGI effects that nine times out of ten end up looking obnoxious or retarded like in Shorts or parts of Spy-Kids 3D.

At first I was all D:

Then I was all :D

That little clip of Crocker actually had me chuckling, and the concept of making everything look cartoony is kinda nice to hear.

This might just be good.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth
  • Thumbs Up 2

OK, I don't think this movie looks bad. I mean, there's not really much to make opinions about. That clip of Crocker was brilliant, I laughed several times. They cast him perfectly.

Oh, and how can ANYTHING go wrong when Jason Alexander is in the picture? He's freaking awesome.

Really, people are overreacting.

Well, this is the Sonic fanbase. Overreacting and complaining is what we're best at. :P

Epic Fail and a half XD

Nickelodeon, I am dissapoint D:

I am also dissapoint. At least it can't be worse than the new Spongebob episodes... the old ones rocked, but what is the deal with the lumps of feces that Nickelodeon call new episodes?

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually think there is a decent chance of this turning out alright. The script seems like it is passable, and the cast is pretty good. So long as they use this to send the show off, it could work really well.

We need a live-action Jorgen von Strangle, though.

Edit: To be played by some variation of van Damme, preferably.

Edited by Tornado

Must agree that Crocker was really funny and well-cast, but as for the rest of this... eeeeeeh. We'll see, hopes aren't too high, would love to be proven wrong though.

EDIT: Oh man, live-action Jorgen would be AWESOME.

Edited by Spin