Awoo.

Live Action Fairly Odd Parents Movie

AdventChild

Schwarzenegger is too out of shape to play von Strangle. We need some variation of van Damme. It would require a bit of character re-imagining, but no more than Jason Alexander as Cosmo does.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am also dissapoint. At least it can't be worse than the new Spongebob episodes... the old ones rocked, but what is the deal with the lumps of feces that Nickelodeon call new episodes?

It all went downhill once Hillenburg left after the movie.

And freaking live action Jorgen... Oh man, I can't wait to see who they've got playing him. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

You pull in Schwarzenegger as Von Strangle, Adam West as Catman and Jay Leno as the Crimson Chin and you have an awesome movie. Jason Alexander is already making this awesome enough, as is the guy playing Crocker.

Crocker was done well..............but then he did 'FAIRY GODPARENTS' and I cringed hard.

It honestly doesn't make sense. If they're going to go for an incredibly cartoony setting and style, WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT A FUCKING CARTOON! You know why? So they can cash in on big name actors to sell more tickets. Hence Bell, Alexander, etc.

The impression that clip gave me could best be summarized as:

"Beep Boop committee design sludge coughed out by a corporation staffed by robots."-Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

And this isn't even coming from a nostalgia fag because I didn't even watch the show that often, not anymore so than any other cartoon on Nick back then.

If there's one thing that movie makers never grasp is that the lesser the source material is grounded in reality, the harder it's gonna be to translate it into a live action setting. Speed Racer wasn't hard to do, all you needed was make cool looking racing scenes and that's child's play to today's technology, but part of FOP's appeal was it's over the top art style and visual gags. If this movie convinces me that it can still be comparable to the source material then I will remove free of my vertebrae, curl my spine backwards and eat my own ass.

Edited by Black Spy

I like the Fairly Odd Parents. I was really into it when I was younger. Now, I never watch it. I might give this movie a chance. We'll see! It looks like it's epic fail, though that may not be the case.

Crocker was done well..............but then he did 'FAIRY GODPARENTS' and I cringed hard.

It honestly doesn't make sense. If they're going to go for an incredibly cartoony setting and style, WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT A FUCKING CARTOON!

If you take away the silliness, then it wouldn't be Fairly Odd Parents. The fact that a real guy's shouting FAIRYGODPARENTS at the top of his voice, makes it funny for me. I hope it's good, though I'm not raising my expectations for it.

It doesn't look that bad. Ok, Cosmo and Wanda (Especially Wanda) look creepy, but I'll get over that.

I think they might of made it live-action, because the cartoon might not have been able to get serious the way this could. At least thats what I hope.

Edited by MarcelloF

Holy shit! I just thought of something: We need Norm the Genie! In fact, the idea is so obvious that I would be amazed if he wasn't shoehorned in the movie somehow. He's one of the most popular characters on the show.

Don't know why, but I am a bit intrested in this, have to see and wait for more info.

I think they should have gotten someone younger to play Timmy.

Also want to know is Drake/Timmy the only kid that is very tall for their age in the movie

Wow, this came completely out of left field. I used to like watching the cartoon from time to time when I used to live with my parents who could afford extra channels like Nickelodeon.

I take it everyone missed the title of the movie underneath the flickr pic of Cosmo and Wanda -

Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines on the set of the live-action Fairly OddParents movie, A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow up Timmy Turner.

So there's your explanation of why Drake is playing Timmy and is much older than the other kids, he must make a wish to be older. Only problem is, then why is he still in the classroom with the younger kids? :huh:

EDIT:

Just watched that clip and they say Timmy has been tormenting Crocker for 13 years and won't grow up, so maybe this is based on Timmy in his mid-teens? If so, the other kids should be his age too surely? Unless Timmy has been held back a few years because of his refusal to grow up?

Wow, this came completely out of left field. I used to like watching the cartoon from time to time when I used to live with my parents who could afford extra channels like Nickelodeon.

I take it everyone missed the title of the movie underneath the flickr pic of Cosmo and Wanda -

So there's your explanation of why Drake is playing Timmy and is much older than the other kids, he must make a wish to be older. Only problem is, then why is he still in the classroom with the younger kids? :huh:

EDIT:

Just watched that clip and they say Timmy has been tormenting Crocker for 13 years and won't grow up, so maybe this is based on Timmy in his mid-teens? If so, the other kids should be his age too surely? Unless Timmy has been held back a few years because of his refusal to grow up?

Timmy is 23 in the movie. I don't really get it, though. He might be wishing himself young for ever, but than he'd be 10, right?

A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner! centers on Timmy Turner, but unlike the series, Timmy is no longer a 10 year old boy -- he is 23, still lives at home and still attends the 5th grade! Timmy’s arrested development stems from his desire to keep his beloved fairy godparents, Cosmo (Jason Alexander, Seinfeld, as live-action Cosmo and Daran Norris, The Fairly OddParents, as animated Cosmo) and Wanda (Cheryl Hines, Curb Your Enthusiasm, as live-action Wanda and Susanne Blakeslee, The Fairly OddParents, as animated Wanda), because “Da Rules” dictates that godchildren lose their fairies when they grow up. But when Tootie, (Daniella Monet, Victorious) a formerly nerdy girl who’s always had a crush on Timmy, returns to town as a gorgeous grown-up, Timmy finds himself having very adult feelings for her. He must decide whether to grow up and be with the woman he loves, or continue acting like a child to keep the fairy godparents he adores. In the meantime, Hugh J. Magnate (Steven Weber, Wings, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip), a larger than life oil tycoon, turns his attention to capturing Timmy's fairies and using their power to fuel his maniacal ambition.

Edited by MarcelloF

EDIT:

Yes. I demand that the public school system portrayed much more realistic in my movie about fairy godparents and magic. I haven't been this angry since the second Harry Potter movie, where they featured a Ford Anglia used by the main characters that clearly had the wrong exhaust note.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Thanks for the info MarcelloF :) I didn't see anyone mention the movie's title so assumed it hadn't been noticed and didn't see that info posted anywhere.

Yes. I demand that the public school system portrayed much more realistic in my movie about fairy godparents and magic. I haven't been this angry since the second Harry Potter movie, where they featured a Ford Anglia used by the main characters that clearly had the wrong exhaust note.

I wasn't trying to be fussy and picky, I just didn't understand it all. Now I've seen the info MarcelloF posted I can make sense of it now, nothing wrong with being a little curious about the plot.

Back on an Ace Combat forum I frequent, we heard of this a few weeks ago. I said it there, and I'll say it again. This thing's gonna bomb even more than Atlantis 2. I hope it does. I hope to GOD that it does. Shame on you, Viacom.

EDIT: @ Hello: I thought he already did. Guess I was wrong.

Edited by Axl

Of course I'm sure many people find it creep to see a grown ass man in the 5th grade...

Well, it's no worse than Strangers With Candy.

This thing's gonna bomb even more than Atlantis 2.

Wait, I thought that was direct to DVD?

Wait, I thought that was direct to DVD?

This was because no theater would show it. And it deserved as such.

My first reaction: What. The. Fuck? A live action Farily Odd Parents movies starring Drake Bell (a 20-something year old) as Timmy Turner (a 10 year old)? I used to love this show (and still think it's pretty good), but this is gonna be epic fail... <_<

After reading more info and watching the clip:...Huh. This does look like it has some potential, actually. The plot at least sounds somewhat interesting. Still not getting my hopes up or anything, but it doesn't look as bad as I orignially thought it would...

But one thing I don't get: If Timmy really wants to be young so bad, why doesn't he just wish he was 10 instead of running around as a grown man acting like a kid? (If this is explained somewhere in the show, forgive me; I haven't watched it in a while)

But one thing I don't get: If Timmy really wants to be young so bad, why doesn't he just wish he was 10 instead of running around as a grown man acting like a kid? (If this is explained somewhere in the show, forgive me; I haven't watched it in a while)

I'm going to take a guess and say it's probably against Da Rules, since someone would definitely notice if a person hadn't aged in thirteen years and know for sure that something's up.

Didn't Timmy originally need godparents because of VICKY? And isn't it a bit of a vicious cycle in that the thing he "needs" is the very thing that's preventing him from growing up?

If you take away the silliness, then it wouldn't be Fairly Odd Parents.

Which is my point. Making it live action takes some of that surreality away.

The fact that a real guy's shouting FAIRYGODPARENTS at the top of his voice, makes it funny for me.

It wasn't very funny to me. Especially given how the over the top wackiness of that schtic was truly made by both the voice work and the visual gags. Take away both and you've got a flat and unfunny line that holds none of the comedy value that the original did. Fuck, you don't even need the voice to make it work, simply the visual gag alone can still make it funny.

Edited by Black Spy

^ Actually, according to the Video's poster, the creators said that Crocker's spazzing will be edited to look more over the top. So hopefully it'll look good when it comes out.

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor