Awoo.

Live Action Fairly Odd Parents Movie

AdventChild

memes-dinkleberg.jpg

Anyhow, I'm not expecting to see this, but I will see it when I have a chance - And when its released here that is -

memes-dinkleberg.jpg

Anyhow, I'm not expecting to see this, but I will see it when I have a chance - And when its released here that is -

Hey hey hey! That meme was posted here by me! XD If you check a couple post back you'll see it. XP

lolwut

they already showed this

it's a made for tv movie

and it was just okay

did you not read the top posts, seriously. stop bawwwinngg

seriously

Didn't you read my edit?

Because no one asked for it, Nick is going to make a live adaptation movie of The Fairly Odd Parents with of course as the description says Drake Bell as Timmy Turner......*Head desks x10000..

Nick Greenlights "Fairly OddParents" Live-Action Movie to Premiere in 2011

tumblr_l63ivdYeVf1qa4iv8o1_500.jpg

You know what? This is probably Nick trying to cash in on CN's idea of creating movies for the Ben Ten series or trying to redeem themselves from the whole Avatar: The Last Airbender fiasco. Either way this is probably going to suck big. Why not just make an animated movie? Seriously, though this is just unneeded bullcrap, and going to stain one of Nick's great/decent shows.

I actually want to see this :D Sure, it'll probably massacre part of my childhood, but when looking at the previews of the "movie", it'll be so bad, it might actually be entertaining to watch its fail-ness (or at least, I hope, to avoid suffering) <_<

I finally sat down and watched this. I have to say, it wasn't really that bad. I would even say it was decent. The plot really was too thin to stretch out over 40 minutes, but it generally didn't lag too much. It wasn't near the quality of the earlier episodes of the show, but I would say it was better than your typical (non-Norm) episode from the past few years.

• Thumbs Up 3

on topic

nostalgia'd

No. Freakin. Way. That's just awesome, I might actually have to watch it just for nostalgia's sake. Now if only they'd make new episodes of Invader Zim.

EDIT: I didn't notice how old this topic was or that it was even this long, and had no idea whatsoever that this had already actually happened. Read the rest of my post if you want, but it's pretty irrelevant.

Drake Bell? Isn't that guy in like his late teens or something? And isn't Timmy Turner about ten? Aside from that huge miscasting:

I can't see this being anything other than a complete and total disaster of a movie, to be followed up by three or more straight-to-DVD sequels.

This. This just reeks of the sort of movie the Nostalgia Critic would review fifteen years from now. A complete box-office flop and critical disaster that will hang through straight-to-DVD sequels simply because it's based on a semi-popular franchise. I also just don't see how the hell a live-action version of Fairly Oddparents would work. I haven't watched it in years, but I remember it being a very (For lack of a better word) cartoony cartoon. By that I mean there is nothing even remotely realistic about the series. Animations are wild, goofy, and over the top. The characters are various exaggerated caricatures such as the mean baby-sitter, dopey parents, crazy teacher, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and so on. The series is about magical beings that can essentially make anything happen at any time, so a live-action movie would need to be very reliant on CGI for it to even stand a chance of working.

Making it into a live action movie is going to strip it of everything that made it any good. The only good thing I can possibly see coming out of this is maybe actually casting Schwarzenegger as that drill-sergeant guy, since he's supposedly going back into movie-making after his career in politics.

Edited by Speederino

I would also like to add that they should have tried to Arnold Schwarzenegger to play as Jorgen. Now that would have made the movie a whole lot better if he got it. However, I'm sure Ahnold was too busy at the time anyway. Jorgen didn't really have that much screen time anyway, Arnold could have done it. Just sayin'.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was gonna be kinda crappy. I was pleasantly surprised. It was decent, even sort of, well, enjoyable.

Question though: will they stop making new episodes of FOP? Honestly, I wouldn't mind, as the new episodes kind of suck compared to the earlier episodes, but I'm just curious.

Edited by Sapphire

I thought it was gonna be kinda crappy. I was pleasantly surprised. It was decent, even sort of, well, enjoyable.

Question though: will they stop making new episodes of FOP? Honestly, I wouldn't mind, as the new episodes kind of suck compared to the earlier episodes, but I'm just curious.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

I think the show hardly airs on Nick anymore (unless you count Nicktoons.)

I'm still waiting for them to drop Spongebob because it seems to be one every single day of the week. I mean, yes, that show is it's main cash cow, but it's just become so tiring and predictable. <_<

Oh God, I know. The pre-movie episodes were all so good, and now I just get annoyed and disappointed when a lame new episode comes on.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw it I was expecting a terrible movie but it surprisingly wasn't bad. I haven't watche Fairly Odd Parent's since the second Jinmmy Neutron crossover so this was the first thing I saw of it in years and I was majorly expecting it to suck but the story was told vey smoothly the characters were nicely cast (Except Drake Bell it's been a while since I watched Drake and Josh but was he always this bad of an actor) and CGI Wanda Cosmo and Poof didn't look too bad.

My only problem was the awful copout ending I literally yelled "BULLCRAP" at the screen other than that it was pretty good.

Actually, the movie is longer than 40 minutes, apparently. A friend has an extended version that's like... 75 minutes? I forget if that's the version I saw, though.

A Captain Planet MOVIE?! And a BEN 10 MOVIE too? (I know there are TV movies of the latter, but I think this will be a theatrical film this time).

*sigh* Hollywood, please come up with something original that doesn't sound like it's gonna suck next time...

Ohmygod. I watched the FOP movie, it was okay. I mean it seemed kind of corny, and it wasn't as funny as the other FOP episodes and stuff. Plus, the human Cosmo and Wanda seemed...really weird. Plus the parents. And Vicky, too. Actually, to be honest, I wished they had more Vicky.

And, the acting for Drake Bell, who plays Timmy, seemed kinda fake. A lot of the acting in the movie seemed really poorly done and stuff. I didn't like the movie, really. Still don't.

• 1 year later...

Apparently the sequel based on Christmas (..Reminds me of the final "Christmas" movie involving Drake & Josh) is airing tonight?

Apparently the sequel based on Christmas (..Reminds me of the final "Christmas" movie involving Drake & Josh) is airing tonight?

Wait it's coming on tonight? Eh, screw that I'm watching the Saints vs Falcons game.

• 2 weeks later...